Forums46
Topics538,021
Posts9,731,925
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Hoggone 2.0 Feral Hog Comments Necessary [Re: flintknapper] #7584890 08/20/19 09:28 PM
G
GUTIT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
Probably been said before. Put a bounty on them like coyotes years ago up north. Use all the money they spend for surveys, tests, and the product and pay hunters. Me and my cousins made a pile of money on coyotes.

Seems pretty simple to this man.

Stronghold Construction Group
Commercial and Residential Project Management
Managing all your construction needs
Kent@StrongholdConstructionGroupDOTcom

Re: Hoggone 2.0 Feral Hog Comments Necessary [Re: GUTIT] #7585006 08/20/19 11:20 PM
F
flintknapper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by GUTIT
Probably been said before. Put a bounty on them like coyotes years ago up north. Use all the money they spend for surveys, tests, and the product and pay hunters. Me and my cousins made a pile of money on coyotes.

That has always been my assertion too. Put a meaningful bounty on them and folks will start killing them left and right.

Trouble is....that would bring its own set of problems in the form of trespassers and likely would bring the Hog-Doggers out in full force (which are already a different kind of plague around here).

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Hoggone 2.0 Feral Hog Comments Necessary [Re: GUTIT] #7585771 08/21/19 08:07 PM
D
der Teufel Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Originally Posted by GUTIT

That's been done in a few counties in Texas a few times. Several years ago in Lee County (where I do most of my hunting) we'd give the hog tails to a neighbor who would freeze them until she had enough to make a trip worthwhile and then she'd cash them in. I knew second hand of some guys who worked at a livestock auction where there were lots of cattle and a lot of cattle feed strewn around. The hogs came in virtually every night. These guys reportedly made more money trapping the hogs (selling them to a live hog buyer) and collecting the bounty than they did working at the auction. Lee County ran out of bounty money before the middle of the year.

Hayes county has had bounties on hogs a few times also, although I don't hunt there as often. The problem has always been finding the money with which to pay the bounties. The city folk don't necessarily like their tax money going to help the people who live out of the city. It's sort of a "It ain't a problem for me …" mentality, and there are always road and drainage projects that require attention.

Last edited by der Teufel; 08/21/19 08:08 PM.

I have two unwritten rules:
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide