Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7555940 07/14/19 03:07 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by Thekitch
This has been the top post all week !!

Folks sure got riled up. The intent was to suggest for people to stop making condescending comments about which species of animals others choose to legally hunt, because they don't agree with the killing of that particular species. Seems pretty simple to me.

I've come to the conclusion that you can start a thread on virtually any subject and arguments will eventually ensue if people post on it long enough. About half the time the arguments have nothing to do with the OP. This is a big reason I steer clear of many of the threads here. I'm just not a big fan of getting into online brawls with keyboard warriors, many of which would never say in person what they say online. You can bet your bottom dollar the minute emotion enters the equation all logic goes out the window. That's when the insults and personal attacks start and it generally goes downhill from there. The best thing about the internet is it gives everyone a platform to say what they want, and the worst thing about the internet is it gives everyone a platform to say what they want.
As far as the OP, I agree with your sentiment. It would be nice if everyone would just accept how/what others choose to hunt and move on, but some just can't pull it off because they let their emotions take over. Some folks are just very passionate about their beliefs and that's difficult to overcome.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7561690 07/22/19 05:02 AM
H
HS2 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
I’m not one to tell a man what he can and cannot shoot. I wouldn’t hesitate to kill any animal that needed killing, and have done so.....coons, possums, dogs, whatever. My grandfather lived in a time when people would drown whole litters of puppies because no one needed another dog. But I sure wish some of those hunters years ago had left a few black bear and more bobcat. I don’t get a chance to hunt bear in Texas because those guys didn’t see any wrong in killing every one they saw. And I seem to keep learning that some of these animals are beneficial, so I give most a pass. But as I said, if a man wants to shoot everything legal I guess that’s his business. I keep thinking of the fisherman who complain that they can’t catch 300 crappie like they used to......yeah, cause you caught them all. But there doesn’t seem to be any shortage of tree rats or corn bandits or coyotes, I don’t have qualms with killing animals, but I sure enjoy watching them more.

Podcast: Reasoning Through the Bible
ReasoningThroughTheBible.com
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: ntxtrapper] #7561878 07/22/19 03:06 PM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Dang good thread. A lot of places wouldn’t discuss and agree/disagree with this civility. Which I guess means that there is a shortage of mean spirited liberals here.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Anti hunting comments [Re: Dave Davidson] #7561939 07/22/19 04:24 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
Dang good thread. A lot of places wouldn’t discuss and agree/disagree with this civility. Which I guess means that there is a shortage of mean spirited liberals here.

clap

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide