G
popcorn

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: hdfireman] #7525437 06/03/19 12:20 AM
D
djones Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
omg you're back. i love this! there are only a few, and i mean VERY few folks i will call out, but you are a special project. i'll participate until the thread gets locked down. let's see... how about we begin here...

Originally Posted by hdfireman
... Knew it was just a matter of time before you would start flapping your gums. [blah blah, blah blah blah blah]

8 years hunting??? Where you get that? [blahhhh]

here's where i got it. see if it rings a bell. it's nearly as long ago as the conversation we had you seem to recall so well loco

... I am sure there are people that would say that and they have that right. I make that statement after 8+ years of hunting with and building the 6.8, not 200+ hogs...

first of all, it's the miles, not the years. i probably killed more hogs in the last few months than you have in however many years you want to pretend you've been hunting.

regarding the 6.8 rifle... i don't recall you offering to meet, but i'm too far away to meet you even halfway for a 'guaranteed' rifle. i said this, you said that... ad nauseam. you said send it back and you'd get a new upper trued up and swap with me, then you'd send the suspect upper to aero for them to test for tolerance. you never did. do you deny that? if so then you are a liar. i sent you multiple vids of the gun jamming in the field and also cycled manually, by both the charging handle and with the bolt release. true? and you couldn't duplicate it!!!??? no one in business should EVER equate 'not being able to duplicate the problem' with 'there is no problem'. i said forget it only after you sent it back without doing what you promised. i was tired of wasting my time with someone who would not honor their warranty, so i got an LWRC at that time.

all you were doing in this thread was whining because a new caliber/product might jeopardize your side business by taking a few sales away. your remedy... bash the competition. all you're doing now is trying to mitigate any perceived damage caused by a customer complaint. guess what... you're the one doing all the damage! the smart thing to do would be to buy some 300 hamr barrels and assemble a wider range of products. whatever you do, don't quit your day job!

geezzz, i feel like doc holiday when he challenged ike clanton to a spelling bee. to everyone else, sorry for the rant, even though i bet a lot of you find it entertaining, lol. anyway, hope this will make up for it...

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #7525450 06/03/19 12:29 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
I pray this thread don’t get locked

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #7525460 06/03/19 12:35 AM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
I'll back DJ on this, the problem was the upper, not his lower. We tried in many scenarios with many lowers, including mine and CF's. The problem was the upper receiver itself so there is no way you could have tested appropriately.

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: DavidK] #7525481 06/03/19 12:50 AM
H
hdfireman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted by DavidK
I'll back DJ on this, the problem was the upper, not his lower. We tried in many scenarios with many lowers, including mine and CF's. The problem was the upper receiver itself so there is no way you could have tested appropriately.

LMAO!! I don’t care that you back your buddy. I know what I did when it was sent back and it ran just fine. I find it funny that this has never been talked about since DJ and I’s last conversation close to 2 years ago until this whole Hamr issue in which you are Wilson Combat pro staff and you and DJ are best buds. So of coarse you’ll defend WC and side with DJ.

[Linked Image]
07 FFL
eric@blackstonearms.com
214-945-5520
The 6.8 is the #1 choice for hunting deer and hogs in an AR15
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #7525507 06/03/19 01:18 AM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Oh you can say anything you what you want on here with the hopes someone believes you, I don't really care because people will make their own judgements one way or another. We changed the upper receiver and it worked fine. Your personal attacks on me and others are consistent with previous posts. Let's really look at what you do, you attack anything that is in competition with you or products/parts you sell. On 68 forums it was WC the 300 HAM'R, but there's a little more to the reasoning of these attacks now isn't there? Most businesses stay out of the politics, attacks on others businesses, agree or disagree. However, that's not the case with you and a few others. Ilike another thread on arfcom of another business saying the 300 HAM'R can't shot 150gr bullets.

OH dang, I am WC Pro-Staff, how'd you know that? Oh wait, it's been in my signature the last two years and everyone already knows.

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: djones] #7525512 06/03/19 01:23 AM
H
hdfireman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted by djones
omg you're back. i love this! there are only a few, and i mean VERY few folks i will call out, but you are a special project. i'll participate until the thread gets locked down. let's see... how about we begin here...

8 years hunting??? Where you get that? [blahhhh]

here's where i got it. see if it rings a bell. it's nearly as long ago as the conversation we had you seem to recall so well loco

... I am sure there are people that would say that and they have that right. I make that statement after 8+ years of hunting with and building the 6.8, not 200+ hogs...

first of all, it's the miles, not the years. i probably killed more hogs in the last few months than you have in however many years you want to pretend you've been hunting.

regarding the 6.8 rifle... i don't recall you offering to meet, but i'm too far away to meet you even halfway for a 'guaranteed' rifle. i said this, you said that... ad nauseam. you said send it back and you'd get a new upper trued up and swap with me, then you'd send the suspect upper to aero for them to test for tolerance. you never did. do you deny that? if so then you are a liar. i sent you multiple vids of the gun jamming in the field and also cycled manually, by both the charging handle and with the bolt release. true? and you couldn't duplicate it!!!??? no one in business should EVER equate 'not being able to duplicate the problem' with 'there is no problem'. i said forget it only after you sent it back without doing what you promised. i was tired of wasting my time with someone who would not honor their warranty, so i got an LWRC at that time.

all you were doing in this thread was whining because a new caliber/product might jeopardize your side business by taking a few sales away. your remedy... bash the competition. all you're doing now is trying to mitigate any perceived damage caused by a customer complaint. guess what... you're the one doing all the damage! the smart thing to do would be to buy some 300 hamr barrels and assemble a wider range of products. whatever you do, don't quit your day job!

geezzz, i feel like doc holiday when he challenged ike clanton to a spelling bee. to everyone else, sorry for the rant, even though i bet a lot of you find it entertaining, lol. anyway, hope this will make up for it...

Never went anywhere
Read it again!!

That's 8+ years hunting with the 6.8, not how long i've been hunting.

probably killed more hogs in the last few months than you have in however many years you want to pretend you've been hunting

I find this statement comical.

I did offer to meet you sorry you don't recall. You did send a video of the rifle malfunctioning and I also sent you a video of the upper running with out any issues. I onlyThe first thing I did when I got it was test fire it and it did not have 1 cycling issue. You stated it was every 5-8 rounds. I put 60 rounds through it and not one hiccup so yes I sent it back and said there was no problem. If there would have been an issue with a receiver out of tolerance then yes I would have installed a new one and sent the old one to Aero BUT there was no cycling issue when I shot it. That is why I said it was mags or lower. You can't fix a problem that doesn't exist. I never said there was not a problem with your rifle. I said it wasn't the upper which leaves ammo, mags and lower.

Back to the Ham'r part. I believe I have never said it was a bad caliber. All I've said is I don't believe the claim to be the best or most effective killing caliber in an ar after only 200+ pigs are killed with it. There are others that have posted the same thing

Last edited by hdfireman; 06/03/19 01:25 AM.

[Linked Image]
07 FFL
eric@blackstonearms.com
214-945-5520
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #7525513 06/03/19 01:23 AM
D
djones Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
i know what you did too... nothing! please correct me if i'm wrong. you say you couldn't duplicate the problem, but i clearly demonstrated it in vids many times. wth did you think would happen when you sent it back untouched. fyi... cf bought it from me and put a new upper on it. works fine now. that's all it took. and you could have avoided all this by doing the same thing yourself... LIKE YOU SAID YOU'D DO!!! any chance tolerance stacking between marginal parts may have been involved after parts broke in?

i haven't said anything about it because it wouldn't do any good. waste of time. i only bring it up when i see you bash wilson combat because you don't have any room to criticize ANYONE in the firearm business. yes kamps is my friend and he's affiliated with wilson combat. if there is anyone here who wouldn't stand up for a friend, sound off so i can include you in this... crickets... yep hd... you're alone in that regard.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: djones] #7525523 06/03/19 01:34 AM
H
hdfireman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
i know what you did too... nothing! please correct me if i'm wrong. you say you couldn't duplicate the problem, but i clearly demonstrated it in vids many times. wth did you think would happen when you sent it back untouched. fyi... cf bought it from me and put a new upper on it. works fine now. that's all it took. and you could have avoided all this by doing the same thing yourself... LIKE YOU SAID YOU'D DO!!! any chance tolerance stacking between marginal parts may have been involved after parts broke in?

i haven't said anything about it because it wouldn't do any good. waste of time. i only bring it up when i see you bash wilson combat because you don't have any room to criticize ANYONE in the firearm business. yes kamps is my friend and he's affiliated with wilson combat. if there is anyone here who wouldn't stand up for a friend, sound off so i can include you in this... crickets... yep hd... you're alone in that regard.

You are 100% wrong in saying I did nothing!! And I guess I'll have to say it again since you can't seem to read very well. I have not bashed Wilson Combat or the 300 Ham'r. I have spoken up about the claim of it being superior to other cartridges only after 200+ pigs killed with it and that the ballistics don't look to be much if any better than the 6.8 or Grendel.

Last edited by hdfireman; 06/03/19 01:37 AM.

[Linked Image]
07 FFL
eric@blackstonearms.com
214-945-5520
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #7525542 06/03/19 02:04 AM
D
David Maas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
All I know is that I am ticked and going to be broke, first I build a lightweight 308 rig and now Djones has me thinking I need a 300 Ham'r.

This AR game is expensive and never ending

NRA Endowed Patriot Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: hdfireman] #7525548 06/03/19 02:10 AM
D
djones Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
It’s really annoying to have a discussion with someone with no reading or writing skills, but I will labor through this.

You’re ridiculing wilson combat for several things, one of which is your claim that the ham’r hasn't been tested enough compared to your 8+ years of 6.8, which is an absurd comparison I really wish you could understand. And claiming 200+ hogs is a poor evaluation really begs for you to seek advice from a higher form of intelligence before pulling your pants down in public.

If I think you’ve bashed someone, it is my opinion, and by definition is correct. It’s what I think. Get it? You can think what you want too, but I’d bet the majority would agree your comments are not constructive criticism but rather... bashing, substantiated by your delivery. And if wilson wants to use his opinions in his advertising, I guess he’ll do just that. What sticks in my craw is that YOU more than anyone, have no business telling anyone how to run theirs. You can cast your vote by purchasing elsewhere.

I don’t care how many lowers you tried it on, IT DIDN’T WORK ON MINE! and you did nothing to fix it. Why can't you understand that? If you had used the boxes of ammo I sent you to test it AFTER you put on the promised new upper instead of trying to get it to jam… well, never mind. You just aren’t going to get it. You're completely untrainable because can't conceive that you might be wrong and have no desire to be honorable!

I suspect you have a vein throbbing out of your temple by now. If you'll just say djones and the ham'r are the hog killinest combo i've ever seen.... i'll let you go for the rest of the night.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: DavidK] #7525553 06/03/19 02:16 AM
H
hdfireman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Oh you can say anything you what you want on here with the hopes someone believes you, I don't really care because people will make their own judgements one way or another. We changed the upper receiver and it worked fine. Your personal attacks on me and others are consistent with previous posts. Let's really look at what you do, you attack anything that is in competition with you or products/parts you sell. On 68 forums it was WC the 300 HAM'R, but there's a little more to the reasoning of these attacks now isn't there? Most businesses stay out of the politics, attacks on others businesses, agree or disagree. However, that's not the case with you and a few others. Ilike another thread on arfcom of another business saying the 300 HAM'R can't shot 150gr bullets.

OH dang, I am WC Pro-Staff, how'd you know that? Oh wait, it's been in my signature the last two years and everyone already knows.

Personal attacks?? LMAO. Give me a break. Y’all cry personal attacks and how I’ve “bashed” the hamr. I’ve made the same couple of statements and don’t think it’s close to bashing. Don’t believe I’ve attacked you Dave.

There is no “little more to the reasoning” and I’m not in any group nor an I a member of arfcom. I’ve never said anything negative about bullet weights or velocity or ease of reloading. I’ve stated limited ammo availability which is a fact. Mr Wilson did say something about that changing which would be good for the caliber. I’ve mainly called out the statements about it killing better than other calibers. That’s it!! Others have said the same thing with no reply from you and DJ. So it seems y’all have something personal with me. That’s fine if you do just say so.

I think options and competition in the firearms world is healthy. Causes things to improve or become more valuable. And yes myself and many others knew WC prostaff was in your signature. Didn’t say it because it was new info. Said it because I think you are biased when it comes to WC.

[Linked Image]
07 FFL
eric@blackstonearms.com
214-945-5520
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: djones] #7525565 06/03/19 02:27 AM
H
hdfireman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
It’s really annoying to have a discussion with someone with no reading or writing skills, but I will labor through this.

You’re ridiculing wilson combat for several things, one of which is your claim that the ham’r hasn't been tested enough compared to your 8+ years of 6.8, which is an absurd comparison I really wish you could understand. And claiming 200+ hogs is a poor evaluation really begs for you to seek advice from a higher form of intelligence before pulling your pants down in public.

If I think you’ve bashed someone, it is my opinion, and by definition is correct. It’s what I think. Get it? You can think what you want too, but I’d bet the majority would agree your comments are not constructive criticism but rather... bashing, substantiated by your delivery. And if wilson wants to use his opinions in his advertising, I guess he’ll do just that. What sticks in my craw is that YOU more than anyone, have no business telling anyone how to run theirs. You can cast your vote by purchasing elsewhere.

I don’t care how many lowers you tried it on, IT DIDN’T WORK ON MINE! and you did nothing to fix it. Why can't you understand that? If you had used the boxes of ammo I sent you to test it AFTER you put on the promised new upper instead of trying to get it to jam… well, never mind. You just aren’t going to get it. You're completely untrainable because can't conceive that you might be wrong and have no desire to be honorable!

I suspect you have a vein throbbing out of your temple by now. If you'll just say djones and the ham'r are the hog killinest combo i've ever seen.... i'll let you go for the rest of the night.

You are funny, I’ll give you that. Your lower was not built by me so I shouldn’t have to fix it. You purchased an complete upper only. It cycled when it left my hands because I cycle test them all. When you sent it back it would not malfunction. So it worked when it left and it worked when you sent it back to me.

Sorry that what I’ve said is your definition of ridiculing. I didn’t think you were that sensitive. You are correct in your opinion, just as I am.

I don’t believe I’ve ever told Mr. Wilson how to run his business as you claim. No veins here man grin

[Linked Image]
07 FFL
eric@blackstonearms.com
214-945-5520
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #7525572 06/03/19 02:36 AM
S
scottfromdallas Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S

Some folks seem to have a very special relationship with this new round.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #7525575 06/03/19 02:37 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Awe Snap... roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: hdfireman] #7525580 06/03/19 02:43 AM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D

Personal attacks?? LMAO. Give me a break. Y’all cry personal attacks and how I’ve “bashed” the hamr. I’ve made the same couple of statements and don’t think it’s close to bashing. Don’t believe I’ve attacked you Dave.

There is no “little more to the reasoning” and I’m not in any group nor an I a member of arfcom. I’ve never said anything negative about bullet weights or velocity or ease of reloading. I’ve stated limited ammo availability which is a fact. Mr Wilson did say something about that changing which would be good for the caliber. I’ve mainly called out the statements about it killing better than other calibers. That’s it!! Others have said the same thing with no reply from you and DJ. So it seems y’all have something personal with me. That’s fine if you do just say so.

I think options and competition in the firearms world is healthy. Causes things to improve or become more valuable. And yes myself and many others knew WC prostaff was in your signature. Didn’t say it because it was new info. Said it because I think you are biased when it comes to WC.

OH it's personal with you, always had been, go back and read what you wrote here.

Didn't say it was you, it was someone you're associated with and part of the reasons for the business and personal attacks. Enough said.

Biased, of course, but only professionally. I work from facts, I do not attack others or companies, never have, never will, but I will defend facts or interpretation of of facts.

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #7525600 06/03/19 03:27 AM
D
djones Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
scotty, lmao. you win the internet for the day!!

ducky - pretty obvious it's a joke. but i've been on the wall b4. search back a ways. i'm guilty of much much worse smile
besides, not much i can do about it now. you've copied and reposted it whip

hd.. the facts are -
you had vid proof the gun jammed and returned it back to me BEFORE telling me you couldn't get it to fail. you sell complete uppers but now say it's not your problem to fix a lower. however, i told you your upper was tried on several lowers with several mags. you said you'd put on a new upper receiver and you didn't. cf did and it worked. you also insultingly attempt to discredit a company with unprofessional remarks. that's the abridged version that even YOU should be able to understand.

i notice you haven't responded to this from my post earlier...

"you said send it back and you'd get a new upper trued up and swap with me, then you'd send the suspect upper to aero for them to test for tolerance. you never did. do you deny that? if so then you are a liar."

of course you could lie now and deny saying it, but it's obvious what you are.

Last edited by djones; 06/03/19 03:40 AM.
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: djones] #7525620 06/03/19 04:04 AM
H
hdfireman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H

hd.. the facts are -
you had vid proof the gun jammed and returned it back to me BEFORE telling me you couldn't get it to fail. you sell complete uppers but now say it's not your problem to fix a lower. however, i told you your upper was tried on several lowers with several mags. you said you'd put on a new upper receiver and you didn't. cf did and it worked. you also insultingly attempt to discredit a company with unprofessional remarks. that's the abridged version that even YOU should be able to understand.

i notice you haven't responded to this from my post earlier...

"you said send it back and you'd get a new upper trued up and swap with me, then you'd send the suspect upper to aero for them to test for tolerance. you never did. do you deny that? if so then you are a liar."

of course you could lie now and deny saying it, but it's obvious what you are.

I sent it back with out telling you it ran fine? That’s BS. I told you if it was the upper I’d take care of it. I don’t recall telling you I’d replace the receiver if nothing was wrong. The upper ran without issue so nothing was replaced. Far from a liar and the people that know me know that. All that matters to me.

[Linked Image]
07 FFL
eric@blackstonearms.com
214-945-5520
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #7525629 06/03/19 04:44 AM
D
djones Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
i refuse to concern myself that the big picture still eludes you, but i wish you werent so dense that you could at least hear yourself. youre the idiot who doesnt know hes an idiot and therefore lives in ignorant bliss.

the screen shot was a joke. you seem a bit touchy about it.

you said you would start truing another uppper before i even shipped mine to you. you said youd send mine back to aero so they could see if it was out of spec. i called after a few days and you said you wanted to shoot it but were working on another build. you didnt want to make two trips to the range because it was a far drive. so you held up my gun because you didnt want to be inconvenienced. wasnt it possible the upper might work on the lower you tried but might not on my lower if specs were on outer edge of both components? you were too cheap to just replace the upper as at least an attempt to correct the problem. pathetic you wouldnt spend an extra $35 for customer satisfaction.

youre like the guy who says hogs never charge just because youve never been charged. its brain damaging to watch you cling to your flawed logic. gfy.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: djones] #7525688 06/03/19 11:24 AM
H
hdfireman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Wrong again keyboard warrior.

[Linked Image]
07 FFL
eric@blackstonearms.com
214-945-5520
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: djones] #7525717 06/03/19 12:35 PM
S
scottfromdallas Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
scotty, lmao. you win the internet for the day!!.

Every time people discuss the 300 HAMR, that scene pops in my head.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #7525748 06/03/19 01:06 PM
Wilson Combat Offline
Boar Meister
Boar Meister
While this spat is somewhat entertaining, can we get back to the subject of the thread???

hdfireman, here the basis of my claim as to the effectiveness of the HAM'R compared to the 6.8. First off this is based on my "personal" observations in the field killing several hundred hogs and dozens of deer.

I do most of my deer/hog hunting in heavily wooded bottomland areas where recovering an animal that runs any substantial distance is a problem. Due to that I've made it my personal mission to find a caliber/bullet (that can be fired in a AR platform) that will put game on the ground quickly with a solid lung shot. As any experienced hunter knows a 5.56 is all you need if you sever the spine or hit the brain, however shot placement to those areas are not always possible for a variety of reasons. Thus I focused on how an animal reacted with a solid shoulder shot.

Most of my experience is with 6.8SPC, .308 Win, .458 SOCOM and 7.62x40/300 HAM'R and I've taken hundreds of hogs and dozens of deer with all of these calibers. I've killed the most hogs with the 6.8 and the HAM'R so I have a lot of data on how they compare.

In "my opinion" the 110gr Barnes TSX is the best performing bullet on a big hog in the 6.8 and the 130gr Speer HotCore is the best in the HAM'R. When I "personally" observe how a hog reacts from a solid shoulder shot with the two it leaves little doubt in "my mind" the HAM'R does more damage due to the fact the ones shot with the HAM'R typically only run half as far as ones shot with the 6.8.

I've also stated that the 300 HAM'R has "near .308 Win" terminal performance too and I stand behind this statement. I did almost all of my 2017 hunting with the .308 and transitioned from it directly to the HAM'R, so my data is pretty current. Again based on my own "personal" experience, I see very little terminal performance difference in the HAM'R with a 130gr Speer HC vs a .308 Win with most common hunting bullets. HOWEVER, the Hornady 165gr SST in the .308 is a DEVASTATING killer and does substantially outperform the HAM'R!!!

What about the SOCOM, well, hogs just DIE and do it quickly when hit with a 300gr TSX !!! However it's a 150yd caliber, which isn't a big deal for hog hunting, but is kinda limiting during deer season.

One last thing, you question my claims being made after "only 200" hog kills. Geesh give me a break, the new .350 Legend is being touted as the best deer cartridge since the .30-06 at the point when only a handfull of deer and no hogs had been killed with it. I killed the first hog with the Legend and my 3 hog kills with it are probably the most of anyone to date. 200 kills is a LOT of data and now that the # is well over 600 nothing has changed.

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: Wilson Combat] #7525778 06/03/19 01:38 PM
D
djones Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Wilson Combat
While this spat is somewhat entertaining, can we get back to the subject of the thread???

yes sir. i'll respect that. hd... saved by the bell. i was just about to knock your head clean off this planet.

scotty.. i actually saw that vid a while back when searching for hamr info. ... 'the hammah pulled you off".. bwaahahaha

Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: dlrz71] #7525854 06/03/19 02:42 PM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
When I was originally checking performance if the 110gr Hornady. 150 pound boar at about 100 yards. Shoulder shot.

[Linked Image]

Skin peeled back
[Linked Image]

Same side arm/shoulder pulled back
[Linked Image]

Bullet recovered in opposite shoulder
[Linked Image]

Video of the shot, just an example.

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Re: WILSON COMBAT 300 HAM'R [Re: Wilson Combat] #7525882 06/03/19 03:26 PM
P
Pig_Popper Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Wilson Combat

hdfireman, here the basis of my claim as to the effectiveness of the HAM'R compared to the 6.8. First off this is based on my "personal" observations in the field killing several hundred hogs and dozens of deer.

Oh good, glad the white flag is being waved on this 3 page discussion about that ...

Alright so I’ll take the above to also relate to 6.5 Grendel and close the book on my gripe that the Ham’r is more effective as a “personal observation”

So , can we start seeing some load data and photos of recovered bullets from game or gel of the 17 “suitable” projectiles

The hunting videos are nice and all but the added info (like what DavidK posted) of post shot analysis is critical to making informed decisions on caliber choice.

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Page 5 of 152 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 151 152
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide