Forums46
Topics538,038
Posts9,732,241
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: 6InARowMakeItGo] #7464234 03/21/19 03:37 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Thundervee
Originally Posted by Stub

S.A Hunter & Thundervee do y'all have children if so did you have them vaccinated?

Yes and yes. But if this dude feels he don’t want to have his kids vaccinated, then so be it. They’re HIS kids.

Exactly how I feel.

Yes and yes.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 03/21/19 03:38 PM.
Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: Stub] #7464255 03/21/19 03:52 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Everyone likes to hate on those who don’t want to vaccinate, but I bet most don’t even know what’s in a vaccination, or the possible side effects.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: Stub] #7464259 03/21/19 03:55 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I don’t care if you vaccinate your kids or not. I don’t think the unvaccinated should be allowed in a public school though.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: scalebuster] #7464263 03/21/19 03:57 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by scalebuster
I don’t care if you vaccinate your kids or not. I don’t think the unvaccinated should be allowed in a public school though.

Well if everybody is vaccinated at Public School except for unvaccinated what does it matter?

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 03/21/19 03:58 PM.
Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7464283 03/21/19 04:12 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

S.A Hunter & Thundervee do y'all have children if so did you have them vaccinated?

Yes and yes. But if this dude feels he don’t want to have his kids vaccinated, then so be it. They’re HIS kids.

Exactly how I feel.

Yes and yes.

I always heard it's better to get the chickenpox as a child rather than as an adult. chicken pox won't kill you what's the big deal? I must be an idiot, because I agree with what he has to say.

But that is not what you argued. If you really feel it is better for your children to get the Chicken Pox as a child than as an adult why did you have them vaccinated? Easy answer because you did not want your kids getting sick period!
And please stop with the spin BS! I never said he should not be allowed to make decisions for his children, I simply stated that I think he is an Idiot for making that decision.

texas flag

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: Stub] #7464289 03/21/19 04:15 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
If nobody had their children vaccinated, every so often there would be bunch of kids being ill at the same time. It could possibly overwhelm the medical community.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: Sneaky] #7464293 03/21/19 04:17 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Everyone likes to hate on those who don’t want to vaccinate, but I bet most don’t even know what’s in a vaccination, or the possible side effects.

Most don’t know what’s in the cereal they eat or the soda they drink or the possible side effects either. The only difference is their choices in that regard only affect themselves and their families, not others.

I have been deeply involved with the issue. In fact, I won one of the few death benefits cases that have ever been successful through the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Act back in 1991. This involved the use of the whole cell pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine. Basically, though the whole cell vaccine saved many lives, it did cost some when the vaccine itself caused fever/illness that led to the deaths of some children. That vaccine has been replaced with a synthetic version.

Vaccines are sort of like bridge abutments. They save countless lives every day, but every once in a while somebody hits one head on and is killed. Yet (unlike with vaccines) no one wants to eliminate bridge railings or refuses to drive on roads with bridge railings because everyone knows they are safer overall. Same with seat belts and many other things.

Not vaccinating will sicken and kill a helluva a lot more children than vaccinations ever will. Both science and common sense back that up.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: Stub] #7464300 03/21/19 04:20 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
The older I get the more I realize just how powerful a tool fear is. It probably drives about 95% of our politics and 80% of our policy these days. Right or wrong (often wrong).

Crazy......

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7464312 03/21/19 04:27 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie

Vaccines are sort of like bridge abutments. They save countless lives every day, but every once in a while somebody hits one head on and is killed. Yet (unlike with vaccines) no one wants to eliminate bridge railings or refuses to drive on roads with bridge railings because everyone knows they are safer overall. Same with seat belts and many other things.

If you see as many guard rail is out warning signs as we do, you might reconsider that. Just think of how much safer the roads might be if the guard rails on bridges were removed. A lot of people might land up in the river or creek, but it might just get them off the road permanently.

[Linked Image]
Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: Sneaky] #7464314 03/21/19 04:28 PM
B
Buffs 1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B

I don't know exactly what's in penicillin either, but when every doctor and expert who has spent decades researching the issue tell me that the benefit outweigh the risks, I follow their advice.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: Sneaky] #7464317 03/21/19 04:31 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S

I have no clue what is in most vaccines except the flu shot it has some sort of strain of the flu they are trying to prevent. The first flu shot I got as an adult gave me the full blown flu bang Did not take one for a long time then started taking them when I worked for a large corp where they encouraged everyone to take them and the were free.
I have not had a shot in 5 years and have not gotten the flu either.

If a person does not want their children to get vaccinated for known diseases that is there prerogative, they can just home school them where they do not risk getting everyone else's kids sick, pretty simple up

texas flag

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7464327 03/21/19 04:39 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
The older I get the more I realize just how powerful a tool fear is. It probably drives about 95% of our politics and 80% of our policy these days. Right or wrong (often wrong).

Crazy......

You do realize that is the cdc's job right.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: Stub] #7464352 03/21/19 05:01 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
The point is that maybe a little research should be done to find out why people believe what they do before calling them idiots. I’m not making a stance, either way, but I do know there’s some very harmful things in vaccines, and they’ve been linked to a lot of side effects, including death.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: Sneaky] #7464369 03/21/19 05:13 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
The point is that maybe a little research should be done to find out why people believe what they do before calling them idiots. I’m not making a stance, either way, but I do know there’s some very harmful things in vaccines, and they’ve been linked to a lot of side effects, including death.

Point taken up even though I still think he is an idiot laugh bolt

Last edited by Stub; 03/21/19 05:15 PM.

texas flag

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: Sneaky] #7464384 03/21/19 05:28 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

There’s risk in everything. That’s not the issue. The issue is costs vs. benefits.

With vaccines, it’s not even a close call. That’s why people are not smart for not vaccinating. Going beyond that and intentionally exposing your children to a disease is beyond not smart. It’s idiotic.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7464391 03/21/19 05:38 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

There’s risk in everything. That’s not the issue. The issue is costs vs. benefits.

With vaccines, it’s not even a close call. That’s why people are not smart for not vaccinating. Going beyond that and intentionally exposing your children to a disease is beyond not smart. It’s idiotic.

How else are you supposed to build up your immune system? Exposure exposure exposure. Some things aren't as serious as others. For instance Polo.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: Sneaky] #7464409 03/21/19 05:53 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N

The research is complete. The only people that would espouse this nonsense is anti-vaxxers or Russian trolls. It's shameful in my opinion.

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: S.A. hunter] #7464415 03/21/19 06:00 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

How else are you supposed to build up your immune system? Exposure exposure exposure. Some things aren't as serious as others. For instance Polo.

The polio vaccine is almost a 100% effective. It would really suck to see that disease make a comeback because ignorant people refused to be vaccinated.

[Linked Image]
Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: dogcatcher] #7464899 03/22/19 03:39 AM
C
CassCounty Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
If you haven't had the Shingles, and you think there is a snowballs chance in hell you might get them, I highly recommend the vaccination.

After neck surgery, I got shingles on the right side of my mouth (upper pallet) all the way to my throat....It was BAD!!

Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: 6InARowMakeItGo] #7464995 03/22/19 12:24 PM
Ramsey Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew

To me this is a good thing we are discussing this as a society. This subject hits the libertarian in me. I do believe we should be mandated from serious diseases by the govt, but they do not get a pass on sticking me or my family with any vaccine they want. Has to be a checks and balance on everything.

Big Beckett!!
Re: I think the Gov. is an Idiot [Re: Ramsey] #7465039 03/22/19 01:22 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Ramsey

To me this is a good thing we are discussing this as a society. This subject hits the libertarian in me. I do believe we should be mandated from serious diseases by the govt, but they do not get a pass on sticking me or my family with any vaccine they want. Has to be a checks and balance on everything.

Yes, i don't like mandates, especially when it comes to government. The government doesn't always have people's best interest at heart. They have been known to experiment with the public, and sometimes its nefarious in nature.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide