Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Helping Botswana #7451097 03/05/19 09:05 PM
Creekrunner Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
'Got an email from the Dallas Safari Club that Botswana is considering re-instituting hunting in the government areas. Some of you probably got it too. Botswana is one of the lesser corrupt places in southern Africa. Of course, it is Africa and it's all relative. The other thread about antis vs. hunters made me think I ought to post this. You may never go over to southern Africa, but you could still try and get your voice heard over the bunny huggers.

Here's the body of the DSC email:
---------------------
DSC Members,

As many of you may have heard or read, the government in Botswana is considering a substantial reform to the country’s wildlife management policy. Included in the reform is the re-opening of hunting on government lands and the re-opening of elephant hunting. The former administration ended Botswana’s long and storied history of wildlife management by adopting ill-advised policies dictated by animal rights extremists. The administration of President Mokgweetsi Masisi has drafted a proposal to reverse those devastating and counter-productive policies and return to science-based policy that protects wildlife and benefits local communities.

As is to be expected, the proposal has been met with the full fury of the Animal Rights Movement, assisted by the misinformed media outlets. The critically important reasoned voice of sportsmen and sportswomen who understand these complicated issues and the value of sustainable use wildlife policy is not being heard – until now.

You can voice your support for the new policy that returns a component of well-regulated hunting – a component that resulted in Botswana’s recognition as one of the world’s leaders in wildlife management before hunting was banned – by posting a comment on the Botswana Government’s Facebook page - BWgovernment or @BotswanaGovernment. You can leave your comment on the post addressing the proposed policy change entitled Suspension of Hunting Review OR by clicking on the “Send Message” tab on the BWgovernment homepage.

Hunting is conservation. Hunters are conservationists. President Masisi urgently needs the support of true conservationists. Use the template below or draft your own message, but either way, make your voice heard!

Dear President Masisi,

Those of us who care for wildlife and wilderness, those who understand and appreciate a wildlife management policy that recognizes and adopts sustainable use principles, and those who acknowledge that local communities can and must benefit from sound wildlife policy, proudly stand in unity with you and your government in your efforts to reform Botswana’s wildlife management policy. There are those who hide behind the mantle of the animal rights movement and who claim to care about Botswana’s wildlife, who are waging war against your proposals. Their policies, their extremism and their agenda must not be allowed to control or influence what you and your government know to be the policy that is best for Botswanans and Botswana’s wildlife.

You have the chance to return Botswana to its rightful position as a beacon for the world to follow. I salute you for your courage, your foresight and your willingness to recognize the failure of current wildlife policy.

Stand strong and the world will stand with you.

----------------

Here's a link to the Botwana government's site. It's a little wonky and wouldn't let me choose a subject, but it did let me choose the ministry of wildlife. >>>Botswana

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Helping Botswana [Re: Creekrunner] #7451764 03/06/19 04:21 PM
B
Black02z28 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
I saw this on DSC Facebook page last night. Its really sad how Western ideologies have pushed around governing bodies and how they control their resources. I have an uncle that is PH in Africa that is all over this.

Re: Helping Botswana [Re: Creekrunner] #7451920 03/06/19 06:57 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I don't even have any desire to go to Africa or any other 3rd world country, but like you said, they need our help and it only takes a minute to post a message. Couldn't choose a subject, hopefully choosing the department is well enough

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Helping Botswana [Re: Creekrunner] #7452277 03/07/19 01:55 AM
Gringocazador Offline
Tracker
Tracker
All the brains of the people running Africa combined would look like a BB in a boxcar!

I’ve been to Africa, so whatever you do, don’t get the idea of moving to Africa and think you can make a living selling deodorant...................they don’t seem to take a bath much less use deodorant. The whole stinks but the hunting is good.

Thanks, Billy
Re: Helping Botswana [Re: Creekrunner] #7455004 03/10/19 01:33 PM
D
DavidC. Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Don't see the point in sending anything to anyone over there, SCI and its cronnies have been ineffective in its policies regarding money and hunting there.
DC violin

Re: Helping Botswana [Re: DavidC.] #7455308 03/10/19 09:57 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
Originally Posted by DavidC.
Don't see the point in sending anything to anyone over there, SCI and its cronnies have been ineffective in its policies regarding money and hunting there.
DC violin

must have passed over your head
bang

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Helping Botswana [Re: Creekrunner] #7455329 03/10/19 10:43 PM
Creekrunner Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
I had no idea SCI was solely responsible for hunting in Africa. 'Learn something every day on here. The leaders of several African countries will be relieved to hear it.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Helping Botswana [Re: colt45-90] #7455448 03/11/19 01:37 AM
D
DavidC. Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Don't think so, just watch.....the money, and SCI. Hey I'm all in for hunting reform and opportunities, but very few countries in central Africa have gone untouched by government corruption and the temptation by the infusion of foreign hunter money, we'll see, hope I'm wrong, would be interesting to hunt the country one day.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide