Where ever my Guide puts me banana

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Blind names [Re: TKandMike] #7447611 03/01/19 05:08 PM
M
mdryg1970 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Big sky - on top of a plateau and a tower that you could see for miles.

"Hell with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."
Re: Blind names [Re: TKandMike] #7447830 03/01/19 09:55 PM
E
Exiled Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
We have:

Kitchen - literally 200 yards from the cabin
Creek
Plexi - plexiglass windows
Snare
Ringtail
Top of the Hill
Rock Garden
Bow
Tower
Headache - one of the early users wacked his head on it and got a concussion
PortaPotty - it's one of those flimsy plastic ones that look like they're made at the same factory as the blue boxes

"Who Dares, Wins"
Instagram: @HCConnected
Re: Blind names [Re: TKandMike] #7448685 03/03/19 03:05 PM
R
ROCKMAN57 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
While dwelling on the question many came to mind but I'm only gonna tell one story which was my favorite.
The Punishment Blind - Me and a good friend from work went on a corporate hunt.It was a nice ranch and I had taken a nice axis buck while I could still hear the ranch truck driving away.They had corned the road before they dumped me out.Soooo I was feeling pretty good when we got back to the lodge.My friend however told me a sad story.Him and the guide had spotted a couple of symitar horned oryx from the truck and went after them on foot.While on the stalk the ran a ways to get ahead of the oryx and sure enough here they came and the guide was telling him shoot,shoot.He took the shot even though he was out of breath and both animals ran off and left no blood.He was sure he had wounded one of them and was all shook up about it.He wanted to quit right then but I talked him out of it.The guide even said it was a clean miss.That evening upon returning from the hunt we were all standing around admiring Ralph's elk my buddy was over by himself looking pretty down n out so I went over and asked what was wrong.He told me they had put him in the punishment blind that evening.I said what tha heck you mean tha punishment blind?He said it was an open top box stand with batchit all over the place.He said as the sun started going down 10 million knats came up out of tha chit and swarmed him.I was laughing so hard I could hardly stand.Luckily as everyone wanted to party the last day the guide took him out that night.I went along to support my buddy as all good friends should.We spotted some elk in a pasture and it was on.We had them down on one end and the guide jumps out the window of the suburban onto the roof(he was in pretty good shape) and tells my buddy to quick get up here.Having had a few drinks buy now it was one of the funniest sites I have ever seen.My little short buddy trying to get up on the hood of that suburban.He kept sliding back down.The elk took off.We ran down to the other end and they jumped out of the truck and my buddy fired as the elk ran into a small group of trees.Four went in and only three came out the other side.Happy ending.My friend took the nicest animal of the trip.All was well again.

Keep your powder dry,the wind in your face and watch your backtrail.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide