Forums46
Topics538,083
Posts9,732,797
Members87,065
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: DQ Kid] #7436664 02/17/19 10:28 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
I can't begin to imagine joining a lease with unknown other lease members, so that would rule me out.

We're at an all time high on leases to lease, and an all time high on returning hunters. We haven't had to even advertise in a few years and have a word of mouth waiting list now. I see that we are providing good leases, for good prices, and people are beginning to see that staying in place has merit, versus lease hopping every couple of years looking for that million dollar property for 1k per year.

That fragmentation of farms is the biggest problem I see coming. It's getting worse every year, and worse closer to metro areas.

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: Double Naught Spy] #7436681 02/17/19 10:44 PM
T
The Zen Master Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy
Originally Posted by The Zen Master
Sincerely, I do not understand why some States preserved tracks of prime land for the good of all (State Parks), and some States did not, and refuse to.

If this is a reference to Texas at all, it was never a state issue. Most of Texas was in private hands when it won Independence from Mexico and became its own country. 10 years later, it entered the US as a state.
http://legacy.lib.utexas.edu/maps/atlas_texas/texas_land_grants.jpg
https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/mpl01

The victorious always write history, because the vanquished are dead.

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: DQ Kid] #7436709 02/17/19 11:07 PM
J
JKW Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Lots of factors-too many to place the blame (or credit) on just one.

But overall the demand is there and is certainly driving it. People will spend big money to kill large antlered deer. This style of hunting often benefits from a lower hunter density which drives up the demand relative to hunter numbers. There is also more disposable income right now than in times past. There is also much more disposable income in Texas relative to other areas.

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: DQ Kid] #7436714 02/17/19 11:17 PM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
There are people who indicate they are looking for a lease on this forum who are not really looking at all. I don't know if they just want to talk about it are just take part in the conversation. That is my experience after posting the need for a hunter to fill a lease a time or two. Hopefully my situation is the exception rather than the rule.

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: DQ Kid] #7436822 02/18/19 12:59 AM
J
jakebunch Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
In his above post Sig prettly well answered the question posed by the OP. He has an all time high number of leases, an all time high number of returning hunters, does not advertise anymore, and has a waiting list of hunters. Imagine how long that list would be if he advertised.

I had two openings on my lease last year. Posted on this forum and within an hour the spots were taken. Sight unseen. And for those who wonder about the outcome for those two, they said it is the best lease they have ever been on.

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: DQ Kid] #7436992 02/18/19 03:52 AM
K
kk66 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
I think Don K hit it on the head above, The money you can make from leasing is a probably drop in the bucket compared to the landowner's cost of running and maintaining the place.
Add in the fact that most landowners now days aren't full time farmers looking to make a little extra money and even those that really need to make an income off opening the place up to hunting have realized that they can make more with a lot less hassle by running day hunts. Personally I would sell the place before I ever considered leasing it for hunting. Just seems way to much hassle of dealing with other people out there every weekend, etc.

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: DQ Kid] #7437016 02/18/19 04:33 AM
W
Wheelin' Outdoorsman Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
This is an interesting question. For about the last year I have been on a pretty extensive search for property to buy. Not lease and hunt but to build a home and small ranch. I've been searching for a lease as well, but not nearly has hard. A couple of things I have found that may very well be impacting hunting leases. One is the turnover of land from one generation to the next via inheritance. The other is the amount of land that gone into a trust of one form or another. The other issue is the number of owners that are choosing to break up their land into smaller tracts in an effort to "develop" and make more money.

Wheelin' Outdoorsman
TurningPOINT & Team Challenge
www.turningpointnation.org
"To develop self-esteem and confidence in the physically challenged through participation in adapted outdoor adventures"
Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: DQ Kid] #7437039 02/18/19 05:18 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
This is a great thread. An eye opener for sure, at least for me.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: DQ Kid] #7437232 02/18/19 03:00 PM
R
Red Pill Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
I am blessed to have access to land for hunting. I understand those who say they don't want to go through the hassle of leasing. I will say, though, that if we don't maintain or increase access for hunting, the numbers of hunters will continue to decline, and hunting will fade away.

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: Red Pill] #7437243 02/18/19 03:09 PM
T
The Zen Master Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Originally Posted by Red Pill
I am blessed to have access to land for hunting. I understand those who say they don't want to go through the hassle of leasing. I will say, though, that if we don't maintain or increase access for hunting, the numbers of hunters will continue to decline, and hunting will fade away.

Hate to be a cynic but the people that can afford to pay bank to hunt, still won't care one bit about those that can't. Like all things American - therein lies the root of most every problem this country has.

Keep hiring those low wage illegal aliens that don't talk back - to drive the wages of genuine American Citizens down - and soon democrats will rule Texas and take your guns and your hunting "privileges."

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: DQ Kid] #7437247 02/18/19 03:09 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
A question for those that think there should be more private land for leasing. If you owned say 300 acres. Would you lease it out for hunting?

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: don k] #7437260 02/18/19 03:16 PM
P
PMK Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by don k
A question for those that think there should be more private land for leasing. If you owned say 300 acres. Would you lease it out for hunting?

personally, no ... but one of my previous lease owners were not hunters, merely bought a piece of property to retire on and leasing helped offset the taxes.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: DQ Kid] #7437262 02/18/19 03:17 PM
T
The Zen Master Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
In my humble opinion, leasing land for hunting should only be legal if the land is leased to the State and hunting is open to any Citizen of the State on a draw system.

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: The Zen Master] #7437270 02/18/19 03:22 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
In my humble opinion, leasing land for hunting should only be legal if the land is leased to the State and hunting is open to any Citizen of the State on a draw system.

And let the government decide who gets to come on your property NOPE!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: The Zen Master] #7437283 02/18/19 03:29 PM
fouzman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

and soon democrats will rule Texas and take your guns and your hunting "privileges."

See there, it's already happening.

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: The Zen Master] #7437286 02/18/19 03:31 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

LOLOLOLOL. You can't be serious?

....Obviously not a land owner.

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: fouzman] #7437287 02/18/19 03:31 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by fouzman

and soon democrats will rule Texas and take your guns and your hunting "privileges."

roflmao Solid burn.

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: Jimbo1] #7437288 02/18/19 03:32 PM
T
The Zen Master Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

You would not HAVE to lease your land to the State.

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: DocHorton] #7437289 02/18/19 03:34 PM
T
The Zen Master Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Originally Posted by DocHorton
Originally Posted by fouzman

[quote=The Zen Master]In my humble opinion, leasing land for hunting should only be legal if the land is leased to the State and hunting is open to any Citizen of the State on a draw system.

That is the point.

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: The Zen Master] #7437306 02/18/19 03:49 PM
K
kk66 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K

You know I really like cedar creek Texas. And enjoy spending my free time there but don’t want to buy a place there. How about you just let me stay in your house for free whenever I feel like. I would be open to paying $10 a night but only if you lease the house to the state first and let them open it up to anyone and everyone. I’ll only be there about 30 weekends out of the year and will take good care of the place

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: The Zen Master] #7437308 02/18/19 03:51 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

I'm out.

Last edited by Choctaw; 02/18/19 03:51 PM.
Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: kk66] #7437315 02/18/19 04:02 PM
T
The Zen Master Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Originally Posted by kk66

You know I really like cedar creek Texas. And enjoy spending my free time there but don’t want to buy a place there. How about you just let me stay in your house for free whenever I feel like. I would be open to paying $10 a night but only if you lease the house to the state first and let them open it up to anyone and everyone. I’ll only be there about 30 weekends out of the year and will take good care of the place

Originally Posted by Jimbo1

You would not HAVE to lease your land to the State.

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: The Zen Master] #7437330 02/18/19 04:14 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

I think we have found the account of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

That would be the quickest way to assure that NO land is leased for hunting at all.

Last edited by maximus_flavius; 02/18/19 04:16 PM.
Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: kk66] #7437331 02/18/19 04:15 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by kk66

Yeah, but are you “management minded”?

Re: Is it Purely a Supply vs Demand Issue [Re: The Zen Master] #7437336 02/18/19 04:18 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide