Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7395571 01/04/19 04:39 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted by Cevin
I will post it up on Tuesday next week after i get the meat.

I will throw out a guess....Mason County?

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Axis Spike question [Re: budward] #7395612 01/04/19 05:15 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by budward
There are so many corrupt back woods meth heads running some of those ranches, I love the "guides" LMAO here give me a guide fee for leading you to the food plot where the axis are. I detest high fence ranches

If all HF ranches are so bad, it’s hard to understand why there’s so many of them & so many hunters use them, repeatedly.

You know GDG&W that HF ain’t got nothin to do with this, it just sounds like a lying outfitter. I’m glad there’s none of those on LF places. I’m also glad there’s not any crooked LF deer hunters, either.

If you dislike HF hunting for some kind of personal reason, that’s fine. Just say so. Not try to smear all HF ranches.

Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7395615 01/04/19 05:18 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Long story short, i was quoted one price but after the shot i was told that the price i was quoted was the sale price and was no longer valid. I was quoted a price for field dressing but after the shot was taken the price was more than i was quoted. The guide said that my shot went through the first spike and injured a second one which immediately cost double the amount. We searched the 3 acre area for an hour finding no blood nor any sign of injured axis. The guide supposedly went out next morning and found the “injured” spike and put it down. He claimed he could hear the double thud of the bullet hitting both axis. I shoot a 7mm mag with muzzle brake and he was not wearing ear protection while standing just behind me. Its hard to believe he was able to hear the double tap or even a single tap when all the report of my rifle is broadcasted back towards us.

Because i do have some issues with PTS, and i am handicapped in other ways, i chose not to argue for health reasons. I am chalking this up as a lesson learned and “you reap what you sew”.

Thank you all for your input and advice. I do appreciate it.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Sounds like a crooked outfit. I’m lookin forward to hearing more details.

The hunt was on 3 acres? How much more were the prices?

I’d say that 7mm Mag was plenty enough gun for a spike.

Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7395643 01/04/19 05:41 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Sorry to hear. This wouldn't be the famous Central Texas Big Axis Hunt Home of the $350 Deer Hunt by Carlos would it? Lots of scammers on FB unfortunately.

Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7395665 01/04/19 06:03 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
When a customer/hunter gets screwed and tatooed, I do not understand the reservation about posting up these dirtbag outfitters for all the world to see. If nothing else it saves some other unsuspecting soul the same fate as the OP. Why the hesitation?

Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7395667 01/04/19 06:05 PM
Cevin Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
So how many of you think you could hear the impact and/or double impact over the report of a 7mm magnum standing directly behind me with a shot at 150 yards with no hearing protection? Also was told that the ranch mgr heard the double impact at the barn andhe was at least a 1/2 mile away.

Genesis 27:3
Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7395672 01/04/19 06:10 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
So how many of you think you could hear the impact and/or double impact over the report of a 7mm magnum standing directly behind me with a shot at 150 yards with no hearing protection? Also was told that the ranch mgr heard the double impact at the barn andhe was at least a 1/2 mile away.

Drugs can make you hear it... Must be some good ones.

Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7395674 01/04/19 06:11 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

bs

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7395684 01/04/19 06:26 PM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
I will post it up on Tuesday next week after i get the meat.

Please do so others don’t fall victim as well.

Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7395912 01/04/19 11:38 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

I’ll believe it when my [censored] turns purple & smells like rainbow sherbet.

Re: Axis Spike question [Re: maximus_flavius] #7396171 01/05/19 01:22 PM
B
budward Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Originally Posted by maximus_flavius
There are so many corrupt back woods meth heads running some of those ranches, I love the "guides" LMAO here give me a guide fee for leading you to the food plot where the axis are. I detest high fence ranches

If all HF ranches are so bad, it’s hard to understand why there’s so many of them & so many hunters use them, repeatedly.

You know GDG&W that HF ain’t got nothin to do with this, it just sounds like a lying outfitter. I’m glad there’s none of those on LF places. I’m also glad there’s not any crooked LF deer hunters, either.

If you dislike HF hunting for some kind of personal reason, that’s fine. Just say so. Not try to smear all HF ranches.

I dislike them and wish everyone who owns and hunts them would move to california and get out of texas

Re: Axis Spike question [Re: budward] #7396189 01/05/19 02:10 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

I dislike them and wish everyone who owns and hunts them would move to california and get out of texas

Well, we are all entitled to our opinions....at least for now.....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Axis Spike question [Re: budward] #7396227 01/05/19 02:41 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

Awesome. I don’t like dumb folks with dumb opinions, who interject those dumb opinions in threads that have no bearing with said dumb opinion. So I guess that makes us even.

Last edited by maximus_flavius; 01/05/19 02:42 PM.
Re: Axis Spike question [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7396230 01/05/19 02:42 PM
Cevin Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

Well, we are all entitled to our opinions....at least for now.....

Budward, i was born and raised in Texas. I happen to be extremely sick/handicapped and i am very limited on what i can do. Not that i owe you or anyone else an explanation but just so you know, some people do these type of hunts for the meat and it allows me to get at least the minimum amount of hunting experience.

Re: Axis Spike question [Re: budward] #7396275 01/05/19 03:39 PM
M
MWTX270 Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
M
I have only hunted 1 high fence hunt, a strictly whitetail operation. It was very professional, enjoyable hunt, and I would not hesitate to try again.

Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7399348 01/08/19 11:36 PM
Cevin Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
Here yall go. The complete story is so long. I have it in writing but it would be a severly long read. Let me know if your interested in hearing the entire experience.

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum...ar-exotic-hunting-specials-central-texas

Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7399633 01/09/19 05:01 AM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
That really sucks.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7400243 01/09/19 10:38 PM
Cevin Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
Please, everyone share this link with as many as possible. I don’t want anyone to experience what I and a few others who have come forward have experienced.

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum...ar-exotic-hunting-specials-central-texas

Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7400662 01/10/19 01:44 PM
D
D Rogers Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Wow. Just wow

~Dustin

"Life's complicated, man, like a dang ol' Rubik's cube, man. Talkin' 'bout blue and red, man. Dang ol' get one side, dang ol' messed up th' other side, man."

-Boomhauer
Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7422289 02/02/19 02:47 AM
Cevin Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
So due to medical problems i am just now getting to the 51 lbs of meat that was processed from the price of two spikes. Heres an update. I put the meat directly into the freezer. I have defrosted at least 10 different packages and only 3 of the 10 have been edible. 2/3 of the meat is rotten. Absolutely the worst outfitter and processor around. DB HUNTING pleasetell everyone not to use this place. 1500.00 wasted and now i have no meat for this year. Back to eating meat from the grocery store.

Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7422316 02/02/19 03:07 AM
S
SenkoSamurai Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
It’s such a toss up. I’m scratching my head. I got 60-70 pounds from a spike white tail and a big doe. I’m leaning to start doing it myself like others have proposed, because it’s always a gamble.

Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7422327 02/02/19 03:23 AM
Cevin Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
I just don’t have the room nor the equipment and even if I did, my medical problems wouldn’t allow me to. Nevertheless, 51lbs from two axis spikes is a rip off and then have 2/3rds of it rotted, that’s disgraceful.

Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7422612 02/02/19 03:54 PM
218 Bee Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Cevin, I'm sorry to hear about your experience...it sounds like an absolute bust from the start and only went downhill from there.

FWIW, I was looking for a cow elk a couple of months back and spoke to DB Hunting over the phone (both to the "hookin' bull" and to the office staff). Didn't take long for my "collision avoidance radar" to start screaming at me...I got the distinct feeling that their organization couldn't grab their hip pockets with both hands. Since this was going to be a "shoot" and not a "hunt", I was primarily interested in the body condition of the animals (especially since their videos show property with about as much graze/browse as the average parking lot). After listening to a bunch of wiggle-speak on that subject, and then speaking to the office staff who weren't even sure they "had" any available cow elk, I told them "thanks-but-no-thanks". Good heavens, if you're gonna run a put-and-take operation you at least ought to be able to manage inventory control.

Thanks for your report; it only confirms what my gut was telling me about this bunch. Sad.

Mark

[Linked Image]

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness". - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Re: Axis Spike question [Re: Cevin] #7422678 02/02/19 05:22 PM
Cevin Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
Mark, I’m glad to hear that you didn’t choose to get dragged over the coals like I did. When I booked my hunt I booked it through the guy in here so I wasn’t aware until I pulled into the parking lot that it was a horrible place. I hope that this continues to reach others do no one else gets taken. I have 51 lbs of rotten meat to deal with

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide