Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: Chopped54] #7404824 01/15/19 03:05 AM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Online Content OP
Bird Herder
OP Online Content
Bird Herder
Originally Posted by Chopped54
I’m betting you open carry....

Dont even have LTC.

Do you have anymore uneducated comments?

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7404842 01/15/19 03:24 AM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by CCBIRDDOGMAN

Dont even have LTC.

Uneducated comment? Nah, just opinions.....

I have been in a similar situation only it was an adult woman with a history and evidence of abuse, not an easy decision to intervene. In the midst of it all I think you had the best intentions, I just don't agree with your handling of it, obviously I am the minority.
Over dinner tonight was talking with a friend who was a social worker for Arlington then went to work for the Army working with the soldiers and was a survivor of the Ft Hood shooting. She agrees with what I had said, kids will say and fabricate all kinds of stories when mad at a family member. Had one girl who was a step daughter who fabricated an elaborate story of physical and sexual abuse of her moms new husband because she didn't like him. He lost his job, spent thousands on lawyers only to have the girl admit it in front of the judge she lied. That was all I was saying, to automatically take this little girls word for it to the point of willing to murder her father in front of her was a little much. Abusive or not that is her dad she watched someone kill, you don't get over that [censored]. Now if the kid came running from the house bloody, half naked, with obvious signs of abuse draw down, 100000%. Without evidence and obvious signs of abuse this situation ends up being a social issue, not criminal, exact reason the police did nothing and referred you to call CPS.

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7404952 01/15/19 11:09 AM
Bird Herder
OP Online Content
Bird Herder
You just dont seem to get it. The guy would not have been shot because of what the girl told me, he would have been shot for over stepping his boundaries on my property. If he dont like it, too bad. Keep up with your 9 year old girl. I can guarantee I would handle it the same way. If you would have let the guy grab or assault your wife on your porch and watch someone you dont know from Adam, walk away with a little girl that's begging you for help and you do nothing, well that's your decision.

Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7404974 01/15/19 12:19 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
You just dont seem to get it. The guy would not have been shot because of what the girl told me, he would have been shot for over stepping his boundaries on my property. If he dont like it, too bad. Keep up with your 9 year old girl. I can guarantee I would handle it the same way. If you would have let the guy grab or assault your wife on your porch and watch someone you dont know from Adam, walk away with a little girl that's begging you for help and you do nothing, well that's your decision.

Yup....had nothing to do with what she said....everything to do with HIS behavior.....I’d do the same...... 2cents

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7404981 01/15/19 12:34 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
You handled that well up Hope CPS gets involved for you know there is something terribly wrong with her parents!

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.â€
—Groucho Marx

Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7405016 01/15/19 01:28 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

Yup....had nothing to do with what she said....everything to do with HIS behavior.....I’d do the same...... 2cents

Keep anyones child from them with a gun and see how many act cool headed and rationally.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7405028 01/15/19 01:38 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
No way in hell he was getting to her before the cops got there. He shouldn't have left his 9 year old daughter alone or with someone that wasn't capable of watching her, whatever the case was, she walked twice around our loop before coming to my house. There was a guy that got mauled by two pitbulls at the end of my street a year ago. Adult male spent over 30 days in hospital. The people that still live there are drug dealing trash, what if she went to there house?

You need to move

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: redchevy] #7405056 01/15/19 02:02 PM
Bird Herder
OP Online Content
Bird Herder
Originally Posted by redchevy

Keep anyones child from them with a gun and see how many act cool headed and rationally.

He never saw a gun. I was half in & half out with gun in left hand inside the house. Who knows if I would have shot him or not, thankfully he was smart enough not to try me.

Like I told him, he can be as pizzed as he wants but all I have to go by, is a 9 year old walked up and knocked on my door asking for help, she is going to be protected until the cops get there. All I'm asking is that you stand back and chill till they get here.

Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #7405075 01/15/19 02:16 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
No way in hell he was getting to her before the cops got there. He shouldn't have left his 9 year old daughter alone or with someone that wasn't capable of watching her, whatever the case was, she walked twice around our loop before coming to my house. There was a guy that got mauled by two pitbulls at the end of my street a year ago. Adult male spent over 30 days in hospital. The people that still live there are drug dealing trash, what if she went to there house?

You need to move

Yes, not trying to tell another man what to do with his family, but, if finances allow, I'd get the hell outa there. A good man such as yourself deserves a quiet "castle".

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7405096 01/15/19 02:25 PM
Bird Herder
OP Online Content
Bird Herder
It's not as bad as it sounds. We have bad places down the street but our actual street is nice and all the neighbors are great and watch out for each other. As you get down the street (away from waterfront) the lots are cheaper so there is lower income people living there. I love my house and love living on the water, slowly but surely Henderson County Sheriffs dept. is getting it cleaned up. I'm not going to let trash run me out of my home.

Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7405099 01/15/19 02:26 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I has a friend have a women come beating on his door running from her estranged husband. He kept her till police came. The guy was out in prison for something related to the incident and when he got out he killed her. Some crazy mofos in this world. I've seen my fair share.

You did the right thing.

Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7405163 01/15/19 03:25 PM
Bird Herder
OP Online Content
Bird Herder
Chopped,

Did you even read my post? She was never in my house for one, and for the first couple of minutes he stayed back when I told him she is fine but he needed to stay back untill the cops got there, thats when he started asking her if she knew how much trouble this was going to cause him and how much money it was going to cause him then he got Mr bad azz attitude and started up onto my porch/deck with me still telling him, try to see my point, a 9 year old girl came knocking on my door asking for help, I have to help her, just chill and the cops will be here in a minute. But no, he kept coming with rage in his eyes toward my wife who was not going to back away from the kid. He was told multiple times, just chill, your daughter is fine, she is 5 feet from you, she wouldn't come to you anyway, she is frightened of you, he said yeah, she aint seen nothing. Dude was a DB
I'm done arguing with you.

Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7405164 01/15/19 03:26 PM
Bird Herder
OP Online Content
Bird Herder
I see you deleted you last post. up

Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7405184 01/15/19 03:48 PM
R
rob valle Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
It's not as bad as it sounds. We have bad places down the street but our actual street is nice and all the neighbors are great and watch out for each other. As you get down the street (away from waterfront) the lots are cheaper so there is lower income people living there. I love my house and love living on the water, slowly but surely Henderson County Sheriffs dept. is getting it cleaned up. I'm not going to let trash run me out of my home.

I almost spit my coffee out as I read this. As I was reading this entire thread the thought kept running through my mind......" I wonder if he lives near a lake or river?" I find it funny because I live near Medina Lake and have had to deal with tweakers and all of the crap that accompanies those people. I too live in one of the nicer areas but there are definitely "pockets". What is it about bodies of water that attract trash? You did the right thing.

Rob Valle
www.hillcotaxidermy.com
Originally Posted by Texsun
The three things you need in life are a good doctor, lawyer and taxidermist.

Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7405185 01/15/19 03:50 PM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C

I did delete it, my opinion in how you handled yourself differs and no point in arguing with anyone on the internet over differences.
In the end I think you had the girls best interest in mind so thanks for stepping up when a lot these days wouldn't...

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: Chopped54] #7405187 01/15/19 03:53 PM
Bird Herder
OP Online Content
Bird Herder

I did delete it, my opinion in how you handled yourself differs and no point in arguing with anyone on the internet over differences.
In the end I think you had the girls best interest in mind so thanks for stepping up when a lot these days wouldn't...

cheers

Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7405252 01/15/19 04:41 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

cheers

up

Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: Chopped54] #7405311 01/15/19 05:23 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

Dont even have LTC.

I have been in a similar situation only it was an adult woman with a history and evidence of abuse, not an easy decision to intervene. In the midst of it all I think you had the best intentions, I just don't agree with your handling of it, obviously I am the minority.
Over dinner tonight was talking with a friend who was a social worker for Arlington then went to work for the Army working with the soldiers and was a survivor of the Ft Hood shooting. She agrees with what I had said, kids will say and fabricate all kinds of stories when mad at a family member. Had one girl who was a step daughter who fabricated an elaborate story of physical and sexual abuse of her moms new husband because she didn't like him. He lost his job, spent thousands on lawyers only to have the girl admit it in front of the judge she lied. That was all I was saying, to automatically take this little girls word for it to the point of willing to murder her father in front of her was a little much. Abusive or not that is her dad she watched someone kill, you don't get over that [censored]. Now if the kid came running from the house bloody, half naked, with obvious signs of abuse draw down, 100000%. Without evidence and obvious signs of abuse this situation ends up being a social issue, not criminal, exact reason the police did nothing and referred you to call CPS.

I agree. I know of a kid as well that would make up stories about their parents just for the attention of it. The dad might've been mad but most folks would be if a stranger had their child and wouldn't let them go

Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7405340 01/15/19 05:40 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Can't speak for everyone, but all three of my kids know better than to leave the house without me or my wife knowing. Something very wrong when a 9 year old is wandering the streets in today's time 2cents

Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7405473 01/15/19 08:02 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
WOW! I read here often. Post vary rarely. This could have gone bad, horribly bad, in seconds. If you did everything 100% correct, the result/outcome would have been bad. I can’t see a way you would have escaped this. Not in our world today. It’s a great thing the cops arrived when they did. I can see repercussions from this still. Depends on tat dude and his situation. I believe you said he never saw gun. I hope not. If he did, I would contact my lawyer. I am not judging or criticizing, you lived it and made the call, but this would have been life altering for all. Just my opinion, but I still can’t see this turning out well. I am glad it appears to so far.

Hope and pray it is over and done.

Proverbs 2
Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: Dustnsand] #7405476 01/15/19 08:08 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by z71dustin

Dont even have LTC.

I agree. I know of a kid as well that would make up stories about their parents just for the attention of it. The dad might've been mad but most folks would be if a stranger had their child and wouldn't let them go

I can’t imagine involving myself to point of using a gun unless the child is escaping violent physical, possible death, and it’s visiable. To keep a child from a parent as described, I see no good outcome from that.

Proverbs 2
Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #7405499 01/15/19 08:22 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
1: Child shows up asking for help.
2: LEO's were called.
3: He didn't pull a gun on anyone.
4: Irate parent or not, kid is staying until LEO arrives.

I know CCL very well, lots of dirtbags living in close proximity to $500k homes. Irate parent will just have to suck it up and wait for cops, that was already set in motion when an unattended child showed up asking for help from abusive adults. Irate parent needs to keep his cool while trespassing. Kids do make up stories, but that is for someone else to determine. We all read about kids getting beat to death on a regular basis by their parents/relatives/steps. I think he handled it pretty good for a bad situation.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: Mike W] #7405501 01/15/19 08:24 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Mike W

I know CCL very well, lots of dirtbags living in close proximity to $500k homes. Irate parent will just have to suck it up and wait for cops, that was already set in motion when an unattended child showed up asking for help from abusive adults. Irate parent needs to keep his cool while trespassing. Kids do make up stories, but that is for someone else to determine. We all read about kids getting beat to death on a regular basis by their parents/relatives/steps. I think he handled it pretty good for a bad situation.

Well articulated.....

Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7405514 01/15/19 08:33 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Well articulated.....

up

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Crazy neck tat neighbor story [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7405543 01/15/19 08:59 PM
B
bucksnbass357 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B

Well articulated.....
. And on the money. Well stated Mike

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide