Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Stub] #7013555 12/27/17 09:40 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Stub
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Suppressors used to be illegal for shooting game animals, now they are, and have been since 2013. I know there are plenty of hunters that wished they were still illegal for game animals. Tough!

When I first heard of using suppressors for hunting, I was openly against it out of ignorance and preconcieved notions. Now I could care less and would certainly use it when given the chance up

Again it went over certain people's heads (not yours). Go back to my original post, if it's legal, we have to support it. If suppressors were not legal on game animals, and someone shot a deer with a suppressor, I would not support them, even though I hunt all things suppressed 95% of the time. Fact is, if it wasn't a legal kill, I won't support it. But they are legal. Therefore the "tough" comment.

Same can be applied to those that do not like feeders, or food plots, or high fences. They are all legal.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: J.G.] #7013590 12/27/17 10:26 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Suppressors used to be illegal for shooting game animals, now they are, and have been since 2013. I know there are plenty of hunters that wished they were still illegal for game animals. Tough!

When I first heard of using suppressors for hunting, I was openly against it out of ignorance and preconcieved notions. Now I could care less and would certainly use it when given the chance up

Again it went over certain people's heads (not yours). Go back to my original post, if it's legal, we have to support it. If suppressors were not legal on game animals, and someone shot a deer with a suppressor, I would not support them, even though I hunt all things suppressed 95% of the time. Fact is, if it wasn't a legal kill, I won't support it. But they are legal. Therefore the "tough" comment.

Same can be applied to those that do not like feeders, or food plots, or high fences. They are all legal.

This is so true. IF it is legal, we have to support it. If we don't, it is ammo for the anti's to use against us. Just posted in the other thread about how someone thinks bow hunting is not valid unless you can make perfect shots and not have deer run. This is ammo for anti's against "primitive bow hunting"

when people realize the things that divide us CAN kill us, they might be a little less divisive. maybe. I might give some people too much credit for seeing the obvious roflmao

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7013595 12/27/17 10:30 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Cheating on your wife is legal.
Abortion is legal.
Burning the flag is legal.
Kneeling while the anthem is played is legal.

So we need to support all that? Geez.

The bottom line is there are several guys who don’t mind calling fellow hunters out on any number of things on here when they don’t like it - but want everyone else to STFU.

The proverbial “can dish it out but can’t take it” brigade.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7013611 12/27/17 10:43 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
But,,, those guys are 'experts'.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7013628 12/27/17 10:54 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
NP, we are talking about hunting. Not domestic affairs or other "legal" but immoral things.

When it comes to hunting, we need to support those things that are legal. Doesn't mean we can't discuss stuff in here and disagree on things, but to make a statement like was made on another thread "if I couldn't drop a deer with a bow within 400 acres, then I should seriously consider a different sport, maybe bowling" (paraphrased).

I don't know many bowhunters, but I do know some good bow hunters don't make perfect shots for whatever reason. To say one should just hang it up and bowl instead of hunt is a wedge anti's can use against us. "look, even their own think bow hunting is not an ethical way to kill a deer" turns into bow hunting should be illegal which in turn becomes hunting should become illegal...

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Texas buckeye] #7013643 12/27/17 11:11 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
NP, we are talking about hunting. Not domestic affairs or other "legal" but immoral things.

When it comes to hunting, we need to support those things that are legal. Doesn't mean we can't discuss stuff in here and disagree on things, but to make a statement like was made on another thread "if I couldn't drop a deer with a bow within 400 acres, then I should seriously consider a different sport, maybe bowling" (paraphrased).

I don't know many bowhunters, but I do know some good bow hunters don't make perfect shots for whatever reason. To say one should just hang it up and bowl instead of hunt is a wedge anti's can use against us. "look, even their own think bow hunting is not an ethical way to kill a deer" turns into bow hunting should be illegal which in turn becomes hunting should become illegal...

I hear you and get where you are going. But my position is things that stupid stuff that puts hunters in a negative light needs to be called out. It shouldn’t turn on just whether it’s “legal” or not.

Guys laughing over a kicking animal in its death throes reflects poorly.
Guys taking photos of their naked butts with animals reflects poorly.
Guys growing “Frankendeer” to sell for egomaniacs to shoot in a pen reflects poorly.
Guys acting like idiots on TV reflects poorly.

Those things are driving a wedge between hunters and non-hunters who will decide our fate. But we should not be free to comment on them just because those doing it are hunters?

Negative stuff is negative stuff - legal or not.

We need to police ourselves - or others are going to do it for us, and take us all down right along with the goofballs.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7013646 12/27/17 11:15 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Yeah I don't buy the whole we are a brotherhood and need to stick together thing. But if that's how you feel then buddy you better stick to it 100%, hence my earlier post. I don't see many that feel that way. Some say they do and say we all need to get along but then do otherwise in another thread a minute later.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7013653 12/27/17 11:25 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Gut-shooting deer intentionally is legal. Should we support that?

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Sneaky] #7013678 12/27/17 11:47 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: Sneaky

According to some on this thread, yes.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Dustnsand] #7013682 12/27/17 11:50 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: z71dustin

According to some on this thread, yes.

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted By: don k
When all hunters are up against anti-hunters we are going to have to back anyone legally taking game period! You might not like the way someone else does it, but you're going to have to ask yourself, "was it legal?" If the answer is yes, then you are going to have to support it. Banding together is the only way we will retain our hunting rights. As well as out second amendment rights.

And the list goes on.

This above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ up

If we do not the Anti Hunting Liberals win hammer

Just look at this thread, look how much divisiveness and sarcasm a Liberals article has created among our own hunting forum, so unfortunately they get a small win right here bang
That is how the antis can win. "Divide And Conquer"

Yes it is Don. up

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7013699 12/27/17 11:58 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I never inferred that I have agreed with everyone decision in the past on how they hunt! I also pointed out how a Liberals article had gotten our members criticizing each other with sarcasm and how that makes it a small win for the antis. You could dig in all of the post on this forum and find thousands of disagreements over legal hunting on here if you want.

BTW I would only be a hypocrite if I inferred that I have always agreed with everybody's legal decision made on here, but I did not did I hammer
That is why I called you a Liberal for spinning my comments on this specific threads topic into your own little look at me?

I hope you do not have a man crush on me thats why you chose my post rofl bolt

Not sure what his intentions are and Neither do you unless it is you??? Putting a deer stand right up against your neighbors fence is not a good thing legal or not unless you have had a conversation with them and they are good with it.

So it's not a good thing legal or not but you did quote a post in this very thread that said if something is legal then we as hunters have to support it.

See how that can be seen as hypocritical? You can say it wasn't but read what I quoted above. You said the antis will win if we don't do what FG said which is support something if it is legal. No clauses at all, if it's legal then support it and you agreed. So go ahead and try to make fun of me but you have contradicted yourself in this thread.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7013715 12/28/17 12:13 AM
S
SmallTownHunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Shooting genetically altered white horn freaks out of a pen is not helping us as hunters, period. Legal or not.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7013723 12/28/17 12:20 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

I hope Rusty's happy.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Creekrunner] #7013725 12/28/17 12:22 AM
T
therancher Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Creekrunner

I hope Rusty's happy.

Ecstatic. banana2

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Sneaky] #7013783 12/28/17 01:02 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

What laws follow intentionally attempting to kill a game animal?

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7013802 12/28/17 01:12 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
My original statement is going along the same lines as two parties, conservatives and liberals. When the polls open, you choose one or the other. There are not 10 parties.

So when the polls open, are you pro-hunting, or are you anti-hunting?

This thread is yet again, one more piece of evidence that all of us cannot agree on all of the issues.

I just simplified it into one side of the fence or the other.

Of course there is "legal" behavior hunters exibit, that I do not agree with, because it is in bad taste. But in the end. "They" want to take our firearms, and our right to hunt.

Pro or anti? Pick a side, there are only two sides when it comes down to the nut cutting.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: J.G.] #7013876 12/28/17 02:11 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
My original statement is going along the same lines as two parties, conservatives and liberals. When the polls open, you choose one or the other. There are not 10 parties.

This thread is yet again, one more piece of evidence that all of us cannot agree on all of the issues.

Of course there is "legal" behavior hunters exibit, that I do not agree with, because it is in bad taste. But in the end. "They" want to take our firearms, and our right to hunt.

Pro or anti? Pick a side, there are only two sides when it comes down to the nut cutting.

I’m pro-hunting. So I call out stupidity. The reason: so that when I support so many of the things that are right in what we do, folks who don’t hunt won’t lump me in with the idiots and tune me out. It’s not an “us” vs. “them” war. It’s “us” trying to present our case and “them” trying to present theirs to the non-hunters who control our fate. I don’t want “us” to be stupid and lose all credibility.

Those that support idiocy are anti-hunting, whether they know it or not. Because idiocy is the ammunition of the antis.

I’m pro 2nd Amendment too. Bump stocks are legal. But they are stupid, deadly, and unnecessary. Hell, even the NRA pretty much agrees with that.

Live with idiocy and you’ll die with it.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: J.G.] #7013891 12/28/17 02:19 AM
G
gusick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G

I disagree. Hunting over bait is illegal in a lot of places. They maintain firearm ownership and hunting rights, they just don't hunt over bait.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Dustnsand] #7013992 12/28/17 03:16 AM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

I never inferred that I have agreed with everyone decision in the past on how they hunt! I also pointed out how a Liberals article had gotten our members criticizing each other with sarcasm and how that makes it a small win for the antis. You could dig in all of the post on this forum and find thousands of disagreements over legal hunting on here if you want.

BTW I would only be a hypocrite if I inferred that I have always agreed with everybody's legal decision made on here, but I did not did I hammer
That is why I called you a Liberal for spinning my comments on this specific threads topic into your own little look at me?

I hope you do not have a man crush on me thats why you chose my post rofl bolt

Not sure what his intentions are and Neither do you unless it is you??? Putting a deer stand right up against your neighbors fence is not a good thing legal or not unless you have had a conversation with them and they are good with it.

So it's not a good thing legal or not but you did quote a post in this very thread that said if something is legal then we as hunters have to support it.

See how that can be seen as hypocritical? You can say it wasn't but read what I quoted above. You said the antis will win if we don't do what FG said which is support something if it is legal. No clauses at all, if it's legal then support it and you agreed. So go ahead and try to male fun of me but you have contradicted yourself in this thread.

Are you ghey or something, what is your fascination with me whip

I already shared with you and anyone else that is/was paying attention what my position was on both post. Previous post I said I did not like the way that person positioned his deer blind up against the fence mainly over looking my friends property, he had better choices END OF STORY!! Going back through the post almost all agreed.

This current post I agreed with the OP that we need to stick together better etc.. Regardless of what I said in any other post pro or con, it was a simple comment agreeing with what we all need to do a better job of, including me and your BS!

Again if you are really that stupid or simply just a troll that has an issue with me ( if so PM me so we can resolve this nonsense). Read my post from to Way To Close and my comments on this post in their entirety. Stop being a fool and taking bits and pieces from the other post to try and make it a blanket statement for everything (just like the liberal media outlets do) loser8 Do you play these stupid games a lot?

FYI as you called me and others in My Twin Peaks post (Creepy Old Dudes) This creepy old dude goes to bed early so if you do have any words of wit and your mother has not made you get off the computer and go to bed yet, get them in now for I will not see them until early in the morning!

BTW here is another comment I made on a post earlier, see if you can distort this. Good night Buttercup.

If I have met the fence line hunter and he has a legitimate reason for having his blind on the fence line and seems like good people, then yes I would let him retrieve his or her deer up

Last edited by Stub; 12/28/17 03:59 AM.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7014105 12/28/17 04:12 AM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Somebody gets wound up easilyrofl

I actually wasn't the first to point out the hypocrisy btw.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7014233 12/28/17 11:16 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Cheating on your wife is legal.
Abortion is legal.
Burning the flag is legal.
Kneeling while the anthem is played is legal.

So we need to support all that? Geez.

The bottom line is there are several guys who don’t mind calling fellow hunters out on any number of things on here when they don’t like it - but want everyone else to STFU.

The proverbial “can dish it out but can’t take it” brigade.

..........so this is an example of establishing credibility without being seen as a goofball?

rofl

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: J.G.] #7014235 12/28/17 11:19 AM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

up

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7014275 12/28/17 12:28 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
If you don't like the laws that are currently in place for hunting, work with lawmakers to get changes made. That's how a separate bow season was started, MLD and suppressors allowed.

Insulting and degrading other hunters that are legally hunting has no affect for changing game laws.

Please post facts to the contrary if you have them........

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7014280 12/28/17 12:41 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
If you don't like the laws that are currently in place for hunting, work with lawmakers to get changes made. That's how a separate bow season was started, MLD and suppressors allowed.

Insulting and degrading other hunters that are legally hunting has no affect for changing game laws.

Please post facts to the contrary if you have them........

To me, it is as simple as this. We all have an opinion and I enjoy debating the merits of each side but there are always a few in every argument that can’t leave it at that. But the insulting and degrading of other hunters that used legal means to take an animal is unacceptable IMO.

I do not agree that certain methods and means should not be discussed simply because something is legal but I would warn against wanting something to be illegal just because you wouldn’t hunt that way or with that method. The snowball effect is real and your way could very well be next.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Dustnsand] #7014281 12/28/17 12:41 PM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Somebody gets wound up easilyrofl

I actually wasn't the first to point out the hypocrisy btw.

Sorry therancher for high jacking your thread with this nonsense, but some people just love attention no matter how they create it hammer

Wound up, not really. I just do not put up with BS nonsense directed at me from fools.

On this thread about this subject you are the first and it appears the only person with negative BS about my comment.

z71 I would say that 85% of the comments I make on this forum are positive, another 13% are probably vain attempts at being funny in a positive way and the other 2% well no one is perfect nuts

Heck I even stood up for another hunter on here that I do not know when he was being attacked by Maximus over his method of retrieving a shot deer. Even though I partially agreed with some of Maximus statements, I did not like the way he went after this person and let him know about it.

You on the other hand appear to need an attitude adjustment hammer This appears to be your demeanor, sorry your life is such that this is what you dwell on.

Yeah I don't buy the whole we are a brotherhood and need to stick together thing . But if that's how you feel then buddy you better stick to it 100%, hence my earlier post. I don't see many that feel that way.
Some say they do and say we all need to get along but then do otherwise in another thread a minute later.

If the last part was directed at me regarding my fence line post, that was started on 12/17 this thread on 12/25 that is 8 days later Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year
up

Last edited by Stub; 12/28/17 12:49 PM.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide