Texas Hunting Forum

The drumbeat is getting louder

Posted By: therancher

The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/25/17 03:35 PM

From our own ranks that is.

Take the time to read through the comments if you care to remain current on what the “anti hunting hunters” are raging about.

Seems it has now evolved WAY passed hatred for high fences. It’s now open season on food plots and all forms of “baiting”.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...d_comment_reply
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/25/17 05:16 PM

Just another version of "If you don't hunt the way I hunt for the reasons I hunt, you're doing it wrong" and "My respect for the animals I kill is better than your respect for the animals you kill."
Posted By: syncerus

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/25/17 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Just another version of "If you don't hunt the way I hunt for the reasons I hunt, you're doing it wrong" and "My respect for the animals I kill is better than your respect for the animals you kill."

I couldn't have summarized this more elegantly. At the end of the day, as long as you stay legal, you should have the right to hunt the way that you choose.
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/25/17 05:24 PM

Kendall Jones is an idiot.

I think that poachers, & dumb redneck "hunters" (to use that term very liberally) do more to turn off non hunting people than HF ever did. Shooting or chasing deer on their neighbors place, tearing up roads, throwing out trash & beer cans, dumping carcasses on county/public roads, trashing up highway parks with lease trash & empty corn sacks; people see that every week, at least during season (& some out of season).

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/25/17 05:26 PM

Yep. The surprising thing to me was the level of and quantity of hate for food plots. Most of our "anti your way of hunting" on the thf don't consider food plots as the death of hunting as we know it...

Also, I was amused at the hatred for high fenced and baiting she fomented with her post, while she is high fenced and baits... poor little girl doesn't understand denigrating one methods draws denigration for many of her chosen methods.
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/25/17 06:16 PM

Some of those bucks are insane. Its a bit different than enclosing them, feeding them and allowing them to mature.

But if someone wants to raise livestock and then kill them or allow someone else to kill them for a fee, why should I care?
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/25/17 06:34 PM

If the left can reduce or eliminate hunting for most people then they have one more reason to go after your guns... soap

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/25/17 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: sprigsss
Some of those bucks are insane. Its a bit different than enclosing them, feeding them and allowing them to mature.

But if someone wants to raise livestock and then kill them or allow someone else to kill them for a fee, why should I care?

Exactly
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/25/17 09:51 PM

popcorn
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 03:16 AM

X2 as long as it gets eaten who cares
Posted By: Stub

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Agree up
Posted By: Buck25-06

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 01:19 PM

Just hunt by state law I think Texas is good for long time.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 04:07 PM

The buck in the pic isn’t what piqued my interest. The market for deer like that is shrinking and I’ve never been interested in those either.

What interests me is the amount of baiting, food plot hate that was spewed in the comments.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: therancher
The buck in the pic isn’t what piqued my interest. The market for deer like that is shrinking and I’ve never been interested in those either.

What interests me is the amount of baiting, food plot hate that was spewed in the comments.

It shouldn’t be a surprise.

Seen it for years. I watched a dude get destroyed because he hunted public land New Zealand and took a helicopter in and out.

Same Ol same Ol hunters destroying hunters. Guided vs DIY, public vs private, spot and talk vs tree stand, water hole vs feed, OTC tag vs LO or high point tag.

It’s a justification system of why thier accomplishments are better then someone else’s.
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 04:55 PM

There’s another thread going about hunters trying to tell another hunter on neighboring property how to set up their deer stands now...

Another example of “if it isn’t done the way I think it should be done, you are wrong”

Is this a tactic from the liberal playbook to get everyone disagreeing or in conflict with each other? Or is it a method the devil plays on all our minds to get us in conflict? Either way it sucks. If it is legal, why worry about it? Who cares if it isn’t your cup of tea, it might be someone else’s....
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 05:05 PM

As long as there are enough hunters out there who aren't just feeder watching and sharing their hunting knowledge with the next generation, I'm happy.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 05:15 PM

If it's legal, to each there own.

Too many hunters want to get up on their soap box and hear themselves lecture about their way or the highway........and at the end of the day what have they accomplished?

Nothing other than pissing other hunters off!

Dividing hunters instead of uniting them!

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

The division started when hunters started pushing for separate seasons so they would get an early jump on other hunters. Manufacturers and wildlife agencies smelt the new money and the rush was on. And it hasn't stopped since.

Offer just one single season to everyone and you might be surprised at how much division disappears in the hunting community.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

The division started when hunters started pushing for separate seasons so they would get an early jump on other hunters. Manufacturers and wildlife agencies smelt the new money and the rush was on. And it hasn't stopped since.

Offer just one single season to everyone and you might be surprised at how much division disappears in the hunting community.

You can hunt those seasons if you want to so you have nothing to complain about.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 05:31 PM

You can hunt those seasons if you want to so you have nothing to complain about.

So if I hunt the way you hunt when you hunt, all is good.

You just proved how the division got started.
Posted By: Western

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub

Agree up

Caveat: I don't "do" facebook, so unable to see more than the log in page entry, so just getting the "drift" from what you fellas have posted. Not sure I'd use facebook as a National 'bellwether" tho.

It has to be all about harvesting a resource using legal methods? Because I'd bet most reply'ers, use bird feeders, plant "stuff" that draws birds, butterflies and bees. What about "people" food plots and the many foods that come from other country's that may not produce fruits and veggies using safe methods (herbicides/pesticides)?

The list of arguments BOBO posted above I understand, but if it is legal, those arguments become differing opinions among outdoorsmen.

Take hunting out of the equation and IMO, they disagree about LO rights, the right to do on and with your property as you see prudent with in legal lines, but even then, you get arguments based on opinion.

I admit my thoughts may be different if I had a facebook acct and could force myself to read through it.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 05:34 PM

So if I hunt the way you hunt, all is good.

.....and I could say the exact same thing about your post. It's your choice not to hunt the way I do isn't it?

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 05:46 PM

Again, is this divisiveness the product of living for several decades with the liberal agenda being shoved down our throats and thus adopting some of it to ourselves, or is the divisiveness a product of the ultimate deceiver, the ultimate evil one who is preying on our human nature and creating these rifts for the purpose of chaos and anger?

And then the question begets, does it matter (we know the final outcome) and are they both one in the same (just under a different name).... confused2

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
Again, is this divisiveness the product of living for several decades with the liberal agenda being shoved down our throats and thus adopting some of it to ourselves, or is the divisiveness a product of the ultimate deceiver, the ultimate evil one who is preying on our human nature and creating these rifts for the purpose of chaos and anger?

And then the question begets, does it matter (we know the final outcome) and are they both one in the same (just under a different name).... confused2

IMO, it's both. Liberals cry "not fair!" if anything exists that they want but cannot obtain through their own means and efforts. If it's not something they can have then none of us should have it.

The other influence you mention thrives and builds strength from hate, jealousy and coveting what others have.......social media is the perfect platform for this influence of evil.
Posted By: Western

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 06:00 PM

IMO, it's both. Liberals cry "not fair!" if anything exists that they want but cannot obtain through their own means and efforts. If it's not something they can have then none of us should have it.

The other influence you mention thrives and builds strength from hate, jealousy and coveting what others have.......social media is the perfect platform for this influence of evil.

Agree with Pitchfork and will add.
Some people live for division, it's easier than compromise, or working for a solution. I don't mean folks that just have a different opinion. Some people are wired that way for whatever reason and need everyone else bickering or as miserable as they see things from their porch.
You can have "division" within a group of 50 guys all at a car lot helping one pick a vehicle, but I'd call those heated opinions grin
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 06:49 PM

That chic is a knucklehead.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Western

Agree up

Caveat: I don't "do" facebook, so unable to see more than the log in page entry, so just getting the "drift" from what you fellas have posted. Not sure I'd use facebook as a National 'bellwether" tho.

It has to be all about harvesting a resource using legal methods? Because I'd bet most reply'ers, use bird feeders, plant "stuff" that draws birds, butterflies and bees. What about "people" food plots and the many foods that come from other country's that may not produce fruits and veggies using safe methods (herbicides/pesticides)?

The list of arguments BOBO posted above I understand, but if it is legal, those arguments become differing opinions among outdoorsmen.

Take hunting out of the equation and IMO, they disagree about LO rights, the right to do on and with your property as you see prudent with in legal lines, but even then, you get arguments based on opinion.

I admit my thoughts may be different if I had a facebook acct and could force myself to read through it.

It’s just differing opinions until it’s qouted as the voice of sportsman, like grizzly bear hunting, hound hunting, CO spring bear/baiting Etc.......

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 07:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher

Nope, she has social media down to a science. More traffic/interaction she produces via hunters and Anti’s, more money she makes.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 07:38 PM

We found something to agree on! .....so wrong about so much, but spot on here.

Either bow hunters should wait til Nov, or rifle hunters should start in Oct.

Equal hunting time for all hunters.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 07:43 PM

Nope, she has social media down to a science. More traffic/interaction she produces via hunters and Anti’s, more money she makes.

Probably the new reality. Where social media and reality TV tend to make the opposite happen.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 07:47 PM

Probably the new reality. Where social media and reality TV tend to make the opposite happen.

Depends on presentation. Her presentation isn’t helping us at times.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius

You can gun hunt in October. Just hunt an MLD property.
Posted By: DH3

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 08:53 PM

The sky is falling, OMG!!
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 08:55 PM

Learn to bowhunt or quit whining. Geez Louise there are some tiddy-babies on here. Eerbody got to have equal chance, can’t have an opinion, it’s all the same......blah, blah. Y’all whine about “liberals” and act just like them.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 08:57 PM

So if I hunt the way you hunt when you hunt, all is good.

The way I read it, he isn't saying that at all. In fact, I would be willing to bet he doesn't care how, when, or where you hunt. Speaking of proving division, the statement below goes a long way toward keeping the division alive and well. Your disdain for this type of hunting is well documented. From where I sit, you're doing your part to keep it going as much as anyone else.

As long as there are enough hunters out there who aren't just feeder watching and sharing their hunting knowledge with the next generation, I'm happy.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/26/17 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Learn to bowhunt or quit whining.

You mean like bow hunters did at those first attempts to make crossbows legal?

The discussion has made it clear that when it comes to dividing hunters, bow hunting wins first prize.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 04:12 AM

If you aren’t gun hunting on Oct 1st it’s because you choose not to.

Based on the disdain for food plots and baiting in the comments on that fb page I don’t think seasons bother anyone to a significant extent.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 04:22 AM

The discussion has made it clear that when it comes to dividing hunters, bow hunting wins first prize.

Maybe in the top 3 or 4 (pick your order)
*HF vs LF
*Baiting
*Ethical shot placement
*Seasons

And I am sure there are others
I just don't see people getting all worked up over seasons.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 12:29 PM

I chose not to accept the States f'd up deer harvest numbers. So now I don't get to rifle hunt in Oct.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 12:31 PM

How can you be so lucid & correct on this, but so daft on other subjects?

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 12:32 PM

[quote=therancher]If you aren’t gun hunting on Oct 1st it’s because you choose not to.

That's like saying "if you choose to pay taxes, it's your own fault. Make less money. Make so much less that you don't have to pay taxes".

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 12:40 PM

While the majority of bow hunters are ethical & capable, giving a certain segment of hunters more time than others encourages people to hunt past their capabilities. Too many bow hunters only bow hunt because they get an extra month to hunt. A lot of these people have no business with a bow, & wound a lot of deer with poor shot placements.
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 01:04 PM

While the majority of bow hunters are ethical & capable, giving a certain segment of hunters more time than others encourages people to hunt past their capabilities. Too many bow hunters only bow hunt because they get an extra month to hunt. A lot of these people have no business with a bow, & wound a lot of deer with poor shot placements.

Interesting observation that I haven't heard before. Do you have a source with supporting data for this statement?

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 01:05 PM

Learn to bowhunt or quit whining. Geez Louise there are some tiddy-babies on here. Eerbody got to have equal chance, can’t have an opinion, it’s all the same......blah, blah. Y’all whine about “liberals” and act just like them.

Your acting like the liberal. Why do YOU have to have a "special" season? You a special snowflake? Your probably watching that Richard Maddow guy on MSNBC right now.
Posted By: don k

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 01:11 PM

Everything on here that starts off with simple discussions becomes a pissing contest.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 01:56 PM

I chose not to accept the States f'd up deer harvest numbers. So now I don't get to rifle hunt in Oct.

Yes. Or you could choose to hunt another MLD property that participates. If you can't afford it and it's important to you to gun hunt in Oct. start saving now. AMERICA flag
Posted By: J.G.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 02:22 PM

When all hunters are up against anti-hunters we are going to have to back anyone legally taking game period! You might not like the way someone else does it, but you're going to have to ask yourself, "was it legal?" If the answer is yes, then you are going to have to support it. Banding together is the only way we will retain our hunting rights. As well as out second amendment rights.

I am not a fan of HF, so I stay out of those discussions, now. It is legal. I am not a fan of able-bodied people hunting with crossbows, but it is legal (I know, didn't used to be) so I do not judge someone that does it. It is legal. Some people probably did not like me shooting two cow elk a minute apart, in September, from 465 yards, and 515 yards. But I made humane clean kills, and it was legal.

And the list goes on.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
When all hunters are up against anti-hunters we are going to have to back anyone legally taking game period! You might not like the way someone else does it, but you're going to have to ask yourself, "was it legal?" If the answer is yes, then you are going to have to support it. Banding together is the only way we will retain our hunting rights. As well as out second amendment rights.

And the list goes on.

This above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ up

If we do not the Anti Hunting Liberals win hammer

Just look at this thread, look how much divisiveness and sarcasm a Liberals article has created among our own hunting forum, so unfortunately they get a small win right here bang
Posted By: don k

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 02:59 PM

And the list goes on.

Just look at this thread, look how much divisiveness and sarcasm a Liberals article has created among our own hunting forum, so unfortunately they get a small win right here bang
That is how the antis can win. "Divide And Conquer"

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: don k

And the list goes on.

Yes it is Don. up

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 03:29 PM

I demand an atlatl season for all of us atlatl hunters. It needs to go start Sept. 1. We have special needs since we CHOOSE to hunt with an archaic, primitive weapon.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 03:29 PM

Surely you can comprehend then that you just admitted that you CHOSE not to gun hunt as early as anyone can bow hunt then right??

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 03:42 PM

I demand an atlatl season for all of us atlatl hunters. It needs to go start Sept. 1. We have special needs since we CHOOSE to hunt with an archaic, primitive weapon.

Can you post a pic? Not familiar with that one and I don't want to miss out on all the fun. banana

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 03:54 PM

And the list goes on.

Yes it is Don. up

I actually think it’s better when you leave his entire post intact. Because it shows his own personal dislikes and preferences, and points out the correct attitude ALL hunters SHOULD take about each other.

“I am not a fan of HF, so I stay out of those discussions, now. It is legal. I am not a fan of able-bodied people hunting with crossbows, but it is legal (I know, didn't used to be) so I do not judge someone that does it. It is legal. Some people probably did not like me shooting two cow elk a minute apart, in September, from 465 yards, and 515 yards. But I made humane clean kills, and it was legal.”

AND, I don’t care for his propensity to shoot animals at distances over 400 yards. But I will certainly defend his right to enjoy hunting his preferred method.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 03:55 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

I’m sure the commercial hunters said the same thing to Teddy Roosevelt and George Bird Grinnel when they fought to have seasons and bag limits as game populations were being decimated. “Hey, it’s legal!”

The way the antis will win is by defending all manner of crap be paraded around by so-called “hunters” that make what 10% of the idiots do appear to be what “hunting” is all about to those that don’t hunt.

This very site has a policy on photos not depicting dead animals in a disrespectful manner. It’s “legal” to show yourself with your butt crack hanging above a caribou’s antlers. But when someone posted a pic like that everyone on the site was appalled and all kinds of opinions were expressed (by many of you) against it.

It’s “legal” to do all manner of stuff that folks divide themselves over every day. Check out the OT or The Bunker sometime. It’s “legal” to be a Muslim. But I don’t see most of you guys holding back on your negative opinions about Muslims.

If the rule was to never do anything that might cause “division”, then no ball would ever move forward in any endeavor. It’s just an easy cop-out for folks who don’t want to have to use their brain to say we must support anything that’s “legal”.

The current separate bow season is “legal”. So, Dan, please shut up about it. You have no right to a contrary opinion.

See how that works guys? I don’t agree with him, but he has a right to his opinion.

Nothing wrong with honest debate about where hunting is going - or should go. It’s how positive change happens. Most of the negative changes that have come about lately is because too many have sat silent while all manner of TV and social media goofballs have been taking over the face of hunting with their “legal” crap.

It’s time to take it back from them.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 03:59 PM

That also means defending things that are right and proper. Like food plots, hound hunting, etc. But having credibility and not being seen as goofballs is a big help when we defend those things.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 04:06 PM

Rusty,

I do not have a propensity to shoot animals at distances over 400 yards, but I am prepared to. I want them as close as possible, same as everyone else. But in that situation there was a 0% chance of closing in, due to terrain. It was raining, with a full week of rain in the forecast. I figured I had better make hay.

You are legally running a high fence. This is Texas, it is your land, and it is legal. So I am out of it.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 04:08 PM

I find it interesting that the OP is one of the most opinionated guys on this site, expresses that he is no fan of the Frankendeer, but promotes a policy of silence on them. The same guy who will publicly bash game wardens and TP&W with his dying breath. Little hypocrisy there maybe?

therancher - have you noticed the Frankendeer industry is one of the main things that has shined a negative spotlight on hunting over the past 20 years?

Sometimes silence is complicity.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 04:12 PM

Suppressors used to be illegal for shooting game animals, now they are, and have been since 2013. I know there are plenty of hunters that wished they were still illegal for game animals. Tough!

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 04:17 PM

Suppressors used to be illegal for shooting game animals, now they are, and have been since 2013. I know there are plenty of hunters that wished they were still illegal for game animals. Tough!

You don’t seem to mind fostering division amongst hunters.

But, hey, it’s OK as long as you’re defending what you like, right?

Here’s an idea: Let’s lose all the hypocrisy, debate things civilly, and let the chips fall where they may. Like grown men do.
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 04:31 PM

And the list goes on.

And there's a good example of hypocrisy. Didn't you start a thread bashing another hunter you don't know about where he put his blind? What he did was legal so where's the problem? trout
Posted By: Rustler

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 04:31 PM

You don’t seem to mind fostering division amongst hunters.

But, hey, it’s OK as long as you’re defending what you like, right?

Here’s an idea: Let’s lose all the hypocrisy, debate things civilly, and let the chips fall where they may. Like grown men do.

Now you're just talking crazy.
If you ever want to change careers may I suggest stand up comedian.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: z71dustin

And the list goes on.

And there's a good example of hypocrisy. Didn't you start a thread bashing another hunter you don't know about where he put his blind? What he did was legal so where's the problem? trout

Well here is another example of taking ones comments out of character hammer I shared what a landowner/friend issue was with a blind right up against the fence that was mainly over looking his property and I agree with him a 100%

I also offered the thought that maybe the person thought the land on the other side of the fence was part of his lease also?? I also mentioned that even though I did not like it, if he would have just had the main part of his blind overlooking his lease side that it would not have been as big of an issue with the blind up against the fence up

So z71, as Maximus might say, your like the liberal main street media. Pick and choose tid bits of information and spin your own story trout
Go back and finish watching your Ellen and Oprah laugh

So much for trying to unite bang

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 05:13 PM

And the list goes on.

Well here is another example of taking ones comments out of character hammer I shared what a landowner/friend issue was with a blind right up against the fence that was mainly over looking his property and I agree with him a 100%

I also offered the thought that maybe the person thought the land on the other side of the fence was part of his lease also?? I also mentioned that even though I did not like it, if he would have just had the main part of his blind overlooking his lease side that it would not have been as big of an issue with the blind up against the fence up

So z71, as Maximus might say, your like the liberal main street media. Pick and choose tid bits of information and spin your own story trout

Ha, go back and look at your own thread.

You titled it Way to close. Called the guy a dip stick and knucklehead. Yeah you are really trying to unite hunters rolleyes

I'm sure I'm mistaken though and every one else that read your post thought you were supportive of the fellow who placed the stand.

But go ahead and call me a liberal because I disagree and called you out.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 05:13 PM

Rusty,

I do not have a propensity to shoot animals at distances over 400 yards, but I am prepared to. I want them as close as possible, same as everyone else. But in that situation there was a 0% chance of closing in, due to terrain. It was raining, with a full week of rain in the forecast. I figured I had better make hay.

You are legally running a high fence. This is Texas, it is your land, and it is legal. So I am out of it.

I stand corrected and really don't care how far you are from animals but that does clarify your philosophy.

And for clarity only 12% of my ranches are high fenced. I play both sides of the ball too. cheers

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 05:21 PM

I find it interesting that the OP is one of the most opinionated guys on this site, expresses that he is no fan of the Frankendeer, but promotes a policy of silence on them.I never said anything about promoting silence. In fact I stated my opinion. I promote a policy of TOLERANCE for personal preference when legal. The same guy who will publicly bash game wardens and TP&W with his dying breath. Little hypocrisy there maybe? Please counselor explain to me how calling out ignorance as it occurs in TPWD is "hypocrisy".

therancher - have you noticed the Frankendeer industry is one of the main things that has shined a negative spotlight on hunting over the past 20 years? I see where HUNTERS cannibalize one another over it yes. Please provide proof of where the non hunting general public care one whit about how big a deer's antlers are.

Sometimes silence is complicity.
Again, are you really accusing me of "silence"??? On any subject??? lol35

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 05:26 PM

That also means defending things that are right and proper. Like food plots, hound hunting, etc. But having credibility and not being seen as goofballs is a big help when we defend those things.

Ahhh. So you are the guy who gets to divine "goofball" from what is "right and proper"...

I did NOT KNOW THAT!!! You sure are smart.

So, what pray tell makes food plots right and high fences wrong??? Just as an example for us po ignunt folk who can't be trusted with deciding for others? Because there are a lot of folks who must be confused since they hate high fences AND foodplots... And I'm sure they'd appreciate you informing them where they are wrong.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 05:52 PM

I couldn't help but laugh when I read this......So tell me what's right and proper according to Nogalus Prairie; as well as how you establish credibility without being seen as a goofball.

I'm also intrigued by your use of the word legal as if it was a bs fact to support one's opinion.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 06:14 PM

And there's a good example of hypocrisy. Didn't you start a thread bashing another hunter you don't know about where he put his blind? What he did was legal so where's the problem? trout[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha, go back and look at your own thread.

You titled it Way to close. Called the guy a dip stick and knucklehead. Yeah you are really trying to unite hunters rolleyes

I'm sure I'm mistaken though and every one else that read your post thought you were supportive of the fellow who placed the stand.

But go ahead and call me a liberal because I disagree and called you out. [/quote]

My comments on this thread was agreeing with FiremanJG (and maybe I should have added this just for special people like you;( moving forward or just not say anything negative if one disagrees ) that we need to back each other if it is legal.I never inferred that I have agreed with everyone decision in the past on how they hunt! I also pointed out how a Liberals article had gotten our members criticizing each other with sarcasm and how that makes it a small win for the antis. You could dig in all of the post on this forum and find thousands of disagreements over legal hunting on here if you want.

BTW I would only be a hypocrite if I inferred that I have always agreed with everybody's legal decision made on here, but I did not did I hammer
That is why I called you a Liberal for spinning my comments on this specific threads topic into your own little look at me?

I hope you do not have a man crush on me thats why you chose my post rofl bolt

Below are excerpts from my post, yes I did call him those names if he intentionally put his stand there to possibly illegally hunt over another mans land or just being inconsiderate when he had other choices off the fence, no argument there. Most people on here agreed with me that was not the right thing to do legal or not.

Here is the original
(Can you believe how close this Dip Stick put his blind up against my friend Capt. Jacks property line, it is right against the fence hammer
To make matters worse, his front shooting window is mainly overlooking Jacks property along with the right side window, only his left side window is pointed to his feeder. This knucklehead is on a 600 acre lease, no reason in Hades to put that blind anywhere close to another mans property.

The only rationale I could share with them is this person must think his lease is on both sides of the fence

You know if he would have at least had his blind running parallel with fence line with his main front window looking down on his side of the lease it would not be as bad,

I was there and saw what his possibilities are/were that he could have chosen so far as setting up that blind.
Like I said, at the very least he could have set his blind up to where the stairs, main window were running parallel with his side of the fence line and as I mentioned before, this would give him a greater hunting view of his area up

Not sure what his intentions are and Neither do you unless it is you??? Putting a deer stand right up against your neighbors fence is not a good thing legal or not unless you have had a conversation with them and they are good with it.

Posted By: Sneaky

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 08:40 PM

Cheese and crackers....

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
Cheese and crackers....

Just don't move my cheese laugh

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 09:16 PM

You got it.

I think some people’s cheese done slid off their cracker.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 09:18 PM

You got it.

rofl

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 09:19 PM

You got it.

up

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 09:24 PM

When I first heard of using suppressors for hunting, I was openly against it out of ignorance and preconcieved notions. Now I could care less and would certainly use it when given the chance up

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 09:40 PM

When I first heard of using suppressors for hunting, I was openly against it out of ignorance and preconcieved notions. Now I could care less and would certainly use it when given the chance up

Again it went over certain people's heads (not yours). Go back to my original post, if it's legal, we have to support it. If suppressors were not legal on game animals, and someone shot a deer with a suppressor, I would not support them, even though I hunt all things suppressed 95% of the time. Fact is, if it wasn't a legal kill, I won't support it. But they are legal. Therefore the "tough" comment.

Same can be applied to those that do not like feeders, or food plots, or high fences. They are all legal.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 10:26 PM

Again it went over certain people's heads (not yours). Go back to my original post, if it's legal, we have to support it. If suppressors were not legal on game animals, and someone shot a deer with a suppressor, I would not support them, even though I hunt all things suppressed 95% of the time. Fact is, if it wasn't a legal kill, I won't support it. But they are legal. Therefore the "tough" comment.

Same can be applied to those that do not like feeders, or food plots, or high fences. They are all legal.

This is so true. IF it is legal, we have to support it. If we don't, it is ammo for the anti's to use against us. Just posted in the other thread about how someone thinks bow hunting is not valid unless you can make perfect shots and not have deer run. This is ammo for anti's against "primitive bow hunting"

when people realize the things that divide us CAN kill us, they might be a little less divisive. maybe. I might give some people too much credit for seeing the obvious roflmao

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 10:30 PM

Cheating on your wife is legal.
Abortion is legal.
Burning the flag is legal.
Kneeling while the anthem is played is legal.

So we need to support all that? Geez.

The bottom line is there are several guys who don’t mind calling fellow hunters out on any number of things on here when they don’t like it - but want everyone else to STFU.

The proverbial “can dish it out but can’t take it” brigade.
Posted By: Rustler

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 10:43 PM

But,,, those guys are 'experts'.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 10:54 PM

NP, we are talking about hunting. Not domestic affairs or other "legal" but immoral things.

When it comes to hunting, we need to support those things that are legal. Doesn't mean we can't discuss stuff in here and disagree on things, but to make a statement like was made on another thread "if I couldn't drop a deer with a bow within 400 acres, then I should seriously consider a different sport, maybe bowling" (paraphrased).

I don't know many bowhunters, but I do know some good bow hunters don't make perfect shots for whatever reason. To say one should just hang it up and bowl instead of hunt is a wedge anti's can use against us. "look, even their own think bow hunting is not an ethical way to kill a deer" turns into bow hunting should be illegal which in turn becomes hunting should become illegal...

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 11:11 PM

NP, we are talking about hunting. Not domestic affairs or other "legal" but immoral things.

When it comes to hunting, we need to support those things that are legal. Doesn't mean we can't discuss stuff in here and disagree on things, but to make a statement like was made on another thread "if I couldn't drop a deer with a bow within 400 acres, then I should seriously consider a different sport, maybe bowling" (paraphrased).

I don't know many bowhunters, but I do know some good bow hunters don't make perfect shots for whatever reason. To say one should just hang it up and bowl instead of hunt is a wedge anti's can use against us. "look, even their own think bow hunting is not an ethical way to kill a deer" turns into bow hunting should be illegal which in turn becomes hunting should become illegal...

I hear you and get where you are going. But my position is things that stupid stuff that puts hunters in a negative light needs to be called out. It shouldn’t turn on just whether it’s “legal” or not.

Guys laughing over a kicking animal in its death throes reflects poorly.
Guys taking photos of their naked butts with animals reflects poorly.
Guys growing “Frankendeer” to sell for egomaniacs to shoot in a pen reflects poorly.
Guys acting like idiots on TV reflects poorly.

Those things are driving a wedge between hunters and non-hunters who will decide our fate. But we should not be free to comment on them just because those doing it are hunters?

Negative stuff is negative stuff - legal or not.

We need to police ourselves - or others are going to do it for us, and take us all down right along with the goofballs.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 11:15 PM

Yeah I don't buy the whole we are a brotherhood and need to stick together thing. But if that's how you feel then buddy you better stick to it 100%, hence my earlier post. I don't see many that feel that way. Some say they do and say we all need to get along but then do otherwise in another thread a minute later.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 11:25 PM

Gut-shooting deer intentionally is legal. Should we support that?

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 11:47 PM

According to some on this thread, yes.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 11:50 PM

According to some on this thread, yes.

And the list goes on.

Yes it is Don. up

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/27/17 11:58 PM

I never inferred that I have agreed with everyone decision in the past on how they hunt! I also pointed out how a Liberals article had gotten our members criticizing each other with sarcasm and how that makes it a small win for the antis. You could dig in all of the post on this forum and find thousands of disagreements over legal hunting on here if you want.

BTW I would only be a hypocrite if I inferred that I have always agreed with everybody's legal decision made on here, but I did not did I hammer
That is why I called you a Liberal for spinning my comments on this specific threads topic into your own little look at me?

Not sure what his intentions are and Neither do you unless it is you??? Putting a deer stand right up against your neighbors fence is not a good thing legal or not unless you have had a conversation with them and they are good with it.

So it's not a good thing legal or not but you did quote a post in this very thread that said if something is legal then we as hunters have to support it.

See how that can be seen as hypocritical? You can say it wasn't but read what I quoted above. You said the antis will win if we don't do what FG said which is support something if it is legal. No clauses at all, if it's legal then support it and you agreed. So go ahead and try to make fun of me but you have contradicted yourself in this thread.
Posted By: SmallTownHunter

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 12:13 AM

Shooting genetically altered white horn freaks out of a pen is not helping us as hunters, period. Legal or not.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 12:20 AM

I hope Rusty's happy.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner

I hope Rusty's happy.

Ecstatic. banana2

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 01:02 AM

What laws follow intentionally attempting to kill a game animal?

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 01:12 AM

My original statement is going along the same lines as two parties, conservatives and liberals. When the polls open, you choose one or the other. There are not 10 parties.

So when the polls open, are you pro-hunting, or are you anti-hunting?

This thread is yet again, one more piece of evidence that all of us cannot agree on all of the issues.

I just simplified it into one side of the fence or the other.

Of course there is "legal" behavior hunters exibit, that I do not agree with, because it is in bad taste. But in the end. "They" want to take our firearms, and our right to hunt.

Pro or anti? Pick a side, there are only two sides when it comes down to the nut cutting.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 02:11 AM

My original statement is going along the same lines as two parties, conservatives and liberals. When the polls open, you choose one or the other. There are not 10 parties.

This thread is yet again, one more piece of evidence that all of us cannot agree on all of the issues.

Of course there is "legal" behavior hunters exibit, that I do not agree with, because it is in bad taste. But in the end. "They" want to take our firearms, and our right to hunt.

Pro or anti? Pick a side, there are only two sides when it comes down to the nut cutting.

I’m pro-hunting. So I call out stupidity. The reason: so that when I support so many of the things that are right in what we do, folks who don’t hunt won’t lump me in with the idiots and tune me out. It’s not an “us” vs. “them” war. It’s “us” trying to present our case and “them” trying to present theirs to the non-hunters who control our fate. I don’t want “us” to be stupid and lose all credibility.

Those that support idiocy are anti-hunting, whether they know it or not. Because idiocy is the ammunition of the antis.

I’m pro 2nd Amendment too. Bump stocks are legal. But they are stupid, deadly, and unnecessary. Hell, even the NRA pretty much agrees with that.

Live with idiocy and you’ll die with it.
Posted By: gusick

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 02:19 AM

I disagree. Hunting over bait is illegal in a lot of places. They maintain firearm ownership and hunting rights, they just don't hunt over bait.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 03:16 AM

I never inferred that I have agreed with everyone decision in the past on how they hunt! I also pointed out how a Liberals article had gotten our members criticizing each other with sarcasm and how that makes it a small win for the antis. You could dig in all of the post on this forum and find thousands of disagreements over legal hunting on here if you want.

So it's not a good thing legal or not but you did quote a post in this very thread that said if something is legal then we as hunters have to support it.

See how that can be seen as hypocritical? You can say it wasn't but read what I quoted above. You said the antis will win if we don't do what FG said which is support something if it is legal. No clauses at all, if it's legal then support it and you agreed. So go ahead and try to male fun of me but you have contradicted yourself in this thread.

Are you ghey or something, what is your fascination with me whip

I already shared with you and anyone else that is/was paying attention what my position was on both post. Previous post I said I did not like the way that person positioned his deer blind up against the fence mainly over looking my friends property, he had better choices END OF STORY!! Going back through the post almost all agreed.

This current post I agreed with the OP that we need to stick together better etc.. Regardless of what I said in any other post pro or con, it was a simple comment agreeing with what we all need to do a better job of, including me and your BS!

Again if you are really that stupid or simply just a troll that has an issue with me ( if so PM me so we can resolve this nonsense). Read my post from to Way To Close and my comments on this post in their entirety. Stop being a fool and taking bits and pieces from the other post to try and make it a blanket statement for everything (just like the liberal media outlets do) loser8 Do you play these stupid games a lot?

FYI as you called me and others in My Twin Peaks post (Creepy Old Dudes) This creepy old dude goes to bed early so if you do have any words of wit and your mother has not made you get off the computer and go to bed yet, get them in now for I will not see them until early in the morning!

BTW here is another comment I made on a post earlier, see if you can distort this. Good night Buttercup.

If I have met the fence line hunter and he has a legitimate reason for having his blind on the fence line and seems like good people, then yes I would let him retrieve his or her deer up

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 04:12 AM

Somebody gets wound up easilyrofl

I actually wasn't the first to point out the hypocrisy btw.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 11:16 AM

Cheating on your wife is legal.
Abortion is legal.
Burning the flag is legal.
Kneeling while the anthem is played is legal.

So we need to support all that? Geez.

The bottom line is there are several guys who don’t mind calling fellow hunters out on any number of things on here when they don’t like it - but want everyone else to STFU.

The proverbial “can dish it out but can’t take it” brigade.

..........so this is an example of establishing credibility without being seen as a goofball?

rofl

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 11:19 AM

up

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 12:28 PM

If you don't like the laws that are currently in place for hunting, work with lawmakers to get changes made. That's how a separate bow season was started, MLD and suppressors allowed.

Insulting and degrading other hunters that are legally hunting has no affect for changing game laws.

Please post facts to the contrary if you have them........
Posted By: txshntr

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 12:41 PM

If you don't like the laws that are currently in place for hunting, work with lawmakers to get changes made. That's how a separate bow season was started, MLD and suppressors allowed.

Insulting and degrading other hunters that are legally hunting has no affect for changing game laws.

To me, it is as simple as this. We all have an opinion and I enjoy debating the merits of each side but there are always a few in every argument that can’t leave it at that. But the insulting and degrading of other hunters that used legal means to take an animal is unacceptable IMO.

I do not agree that certain methods and means should not be discussed simply because something is legal but I would warn against wanting something to be illegal just because you wouldn’t hunt that way or with that method. The snowball effect is real and your way could very well be next.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 12:41 PM

Somebody gets wound up easilyrofl

I actually wasn't the first to point out the hypocrisy btw.

Sorry therancher for high jacking your thread with this nonsense, but some people just love attention no matter how they create it hammer

Wound up, not really. I just do not put up with BS nonsense directed at me from fools.

On this thread about this subject you are the first and it appears the only person with negative BS about my comment.

z71 I would say that 85% of the comments I make on this forum are positive, another 13% are probably vain attempts at being funny in a positive way and the other 2% well no one is perfect nuts

Heck I even stood up for another hunter on here that I do not know when he was being attacked by Maximus over his method of retrieving a shot deer. Even though I partially agreed with some of Maximus statements, I did not like the way he went after this person and let him know about it.

You on the other hand appear to need an attitude adjustment hammer This appears to be your demeanor, sorry your life is such that this is what you dwell on.

Yeah I don't buy the whole we are a brotherhood and need to stick together thing . But if that's how you feel then buddy you better stick to it 100%, hence my earlier post. I don't see many that feel that way.
Some say they do and say we all need to get along but then do otherwise in another thread a minute later.

If the last part was directed at me regarding my fence line post, that was started on 12/17 this thread on 12/25 that is 8 days later Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year
up

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr

To me, it is as simple as this. We all have an opinion and I enjoy debating the merits of each side but there are always a few in every argument that can’t leave it at that. But the insulting and degrading of other hunters that used legal means to take an animal is unacceptable IMO.

I do not agree that certain methods and means should not be discussed simply because something is legal but I would warn against wanting something to be illegal just because you wouldn’t hunt that way or with that method. The snowball effect is real and your way could very well be next.

Both of you, spot on! up

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 02:36 PM

This thread is perfect example of what I have dealt with my whole hunting experience over 40 years now hunters seem to be very opinionated and they all have different opinions what you're shooting with what to kill how to kill it when to kill it how big it should be before you kill it.I thought that I was pretty smart and was pretty good hunter this forum has proved different some of you say I have some stupid opinions.Calling people or their opinions stupid crosses a line with me. I HAVE REALLY EJOYED READING YOUR EDUCATED OPINIONS BUT THINK MABEY I WILL PUT MY STAND ON FENCE GET ME A 50 CAL DESIGNED TO SHOOT VEHICLES AND HARD TARGETS RAISE MY STANDARDS ON HARVESTING GAME AND SHOULD I EVEN BOTHER INTRODUCING CHILDREN TO THIS?

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 03:37 PM

I agree with that. But one must keep in mind that there is also a snowball effect of the “anything-goes” mentality that has taken over hunting in the past 20 years also.

It’s no coincidence that the rise of penned killing, antler porn and TV buffoonery we have seen has brought with it a concomitant rise in voices (and laws) against methods that pose no ecological threat to wildlife.

Policing our own ranks and not abiding the attitude that hunting is all about the kill or the blood is something that hunters need to do - lest the non-hunting public decide that all hunters have those same attitudes.

Notice that the negative comments the OP pointed out re: foodplots, etc. started from an antler-porn thread. That’s the real “snowball effect”.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 03:46 PM

I agree with that. But one must keep in mind that there is also a snowball effect of the “anything-goes” mentality that has taken over hunting in the past 20 years also.

It’s no coincidence that the rise of penned killing, antler porn and TV buffoonery we have seen has brought with it a concomitant rise in voices (and laws) against methods that pose no ecological threat to wildlife.

Policing our own ranks and not abiding the attitude that hunting is all about the kill or the blood is something that hunters need to do - lest the non-hunting public decide that all hunters have those same attitudes.

Notice that the negative comments the OP pointed out re: foodplots, etc. started from an antler-porn thread. That’s the real “snowball effect”.

Policing our own ranks can be a slippery slope unless your sticking to what's legal and what isn't. If you go farther than the law you become the ethics police. And you or I are in no position to do that.
Posted By: Hoytman

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 07:58 PM

I have spent the last 15 min, reading all the posts and all i got to say is NUTS. lol hammer

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/28/17 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Hoytman
I have spent the last 15 min, reading all the posts and all i got to say is NUTS. lol hammer
amen to that.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/29/17 01:14 AM

Policing our own ranks can be a slippery slope unless your sticking to what's legal and what isn't. If you go farther than the law, you become the ethics police. And you or I are in no position to do that.

That, there is the trick Marc.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/29/17 02:34 PM

Yep. Lots of hating on this thread. When folks resort to name calling, they lose their argument, in my opinion.
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/29/17 02:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Yep. Lots of hating on this thread. When folks resort to name calling, they lose their argument, in my opinion.

You mean to say that arguments from emotion and ad hominem attacks (which often coincide with arguments from emotion) are not valid forms of argument?

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/29/17 03:01 PM

OK then. If it’s legal, no more contrary opinions. All hunters gotta stick together at all costs.

This goes for caliber threads, scope threads, fence line hunting threads, kill/not kill spikes threads, MOA vs. MILs, ARs, ridiculous videos, Tikka actions vs. Rem 700 actions, head/neck shots, and anything else - many of which I’ve seen most of you “brotherhood at all cost” guys call folks nice names (like “D.B.”, “idiot”, and “tool”) and almost come to blows over.

Give. Me. A. Break.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/29/17 03:43 PM

OK then. If it’s legal, no more contrary opinions. All hunters gotta stick together at all costs.

This goes for caliber threads, scope threads, fence line hunting threads, kill/not kill spikes threads, MOA vs. MILs, ARs, ridiculous videos, Tikka actions vs. Rem 700 actions, head/neck shots, and anything else - many of which I’ve seen most of you “brotherhood at all cost” guys call folks nice names (like “D.B.”, “idiot”, and “tool”) and almost come to blows over.

Give. Me. A. Break.

I think they mean, as long you agree with them, we should all get along.

I personally disagree with you on almost all the hot air you post. But you have a right to dissent, & I sure don't believe all the "Kumbaya" malarkey that some posters have mentioned in this thread.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/29/17 03:58 PM

Give. Me. A. Break.

I think they mean, as long you agree with them, we should all get along.

I personally disagree with you on almost all the hot air you post. But you have a right to dissent, & I sure don't believe all the "Kumbaya" malarkey that some posters have mentioned in this thread.

Man. I learn something new every day. No way I would believe that after all this you two (or for that matter anyone), could still not get it.

It isn’t that we need to be a “brotherhood” or share a campfire and sing kumbaya. Or... that we shouldn’t have feisty discussions about preferences.

It’s about “let’s leave attacking legal hunters to the antis”.

From post one.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/29/17 04:01 PM

From post one.

That's all it is.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/29/17 04:03 PM

From post one.

So who decides what is an "attack" & what is spirited discussion?

& from numerous other posts, its not about what's legal. It's about what is ethical/honest to some people.

I can deal with alot of the nonsense that NP, TB, & others post. It's just some random persons opinion.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/29/17 04:24 PM

From post one.

& from numerous other posts, its not about what's legal. It's about what is ethical/honest to some people.

I can deal with alot of the nonsense that NP, TB, & others post. It's just some random persons opinion.

If you go back to the first post it’s about a popular young hunting lady who is using her social media to attack a certain preference she doesn’t share. Much like the antis use social media to attack all things hunting. Her hypocrisy is illustrated in the comments by “hunters” who denigrate her preferences. And she’s too airheaded to even see it.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/29/17 04:32 PM

From post one.

If you go back to the first post it’s about a popular young hunting lady who is using her social media to attack a certain preference she doesn’t share. Much like the antis use social media to attack all things hunting. Her hypocrisy is illustrated in the comments by “hunters” who denigrate her preferences. And she’s too airheaded to even see it.

I would be ashamed if I felt "attacked" by some dumb broad on social media. Do you know how many dumb people say dumb [censored] on social media every day? Have you read many threads on this forum? plenty of dumb [censored] here everyday, by the same dummies. Why let their opinion matter to you?

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/29/17 05:38 PM

From post one.

I would be ashamed if I felt "attacked" by some dumb broad on social media. Do you know how many dumb people say dumb [censored] on social media every day? Have you read many threads on this forum? plenty of dumb [censored] here everyday, by the same dummies. Why let their opinion matter to you?

Man. “She” wasn’t the subject of the post. It’s the “drumbeat” in the comments. It’s the overall cannibalism of the hunting community by an increasing number of “hunters “.

If you could ever be confused about me being concerned with what any number of people think about me, then you either don’t read my posts or you don’t comprehend them.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/29/17 06:13 PM

If you could ever be confused about me being concerned with what any number of people think about me, then you either don’t read my posts or you don’t comprehend them.

I'm not confused at all about your concern for what others think of you. I'm confused why you would be worried about what other people say in general (it has nothing to do with you, although you may find that hard to believe).

Tilt at windmills much?
Posted By: Hogslayer5L

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/29/17 08:25 PM

I just read all of this and got a headache. To the OP... Kendall gets paid by that website to post their articles. Most of the stuff they put out is pro hunting and I dont really see this one as”anti” at all. They are just pointing out the obvious. A whitetail with moose antlers isnt normal and if they were meant to have 600” racks then natural selection and evolution would have that as the norm. Ive never met her but I know Kendall does alot of good to help bring girls into hunting. That trumps the negatives that some of her posts brings imo.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 12/29/17 11:07 PM

I'm not confused at all about your concern for what others think of you. I'm confused why you would be worried about what other people say in general (it has nothing to do with you, although you may find that hard to believe).

Tilt at windmills much?

No I don’t. Fact is I had never heard hunters bash hunters for food plots. If you don’t realize the hunting community is full on canniballizing itself and the implications of that, I can’t fix you. Happy new year.
Posted By: Cherokee Mingan

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 01/03/18 06:09 PM

I hunted high fence one time in my life and I will never do it again. I'm not saying it's wrong or that others shouldn't do it but I chose not too. No fun to me. I can't even stand to sit in a deer blind over corn anymore. After getting a good taste for stalking and glassing, I can never go back.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 01/03/18 06:16 PM

From post one.

Is that me?? Am I being referenced here by simply initials??

Man that made my day, knowing that I can be identified by my initials now on this forum!!

clap clap bounce happy3 cheers

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 01/04/18 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Cherokee Mingan
I hunted high fence one time in my life and I will never do it again. I'm not saying it's wrong or that others shouldn't do it but I chose not too. No fun to me. I can't even stand to sit in a deer blind over corn anymore. After getting a good taste for stalking and glassing, I can never go back.

How big of a HF place did you hunt? There is a world of difference between 40 acres & 1,000.

If you really want a challenge, don't rifle hunt. Get yourself a spear.
Posted By: agsellers04

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 01/04/18 02:12 PM

How big of a HF place did you hunt? There is a world of difference between 40 acres & 1,000.

I like to hunt with naught but my bare hands, my wit, and a nip of fine whiskey. Really puts a man in touch with his primal side.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 01/04/18 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: agsellers04

I like to hunt with naught but my bare hands, my wit, and a nip of fine whiskey. Really puts a man in touch with his primal side.

Is the whiskey used as bait, like corn?

If some people here relied on their wits for hunting, they'd starve for to death.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 01/04/18 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: agsellers04

What are you hunting with your bare hands confused2

Posted By: agsellers04

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder - 01/04/18 04:49 PM

Is the whiskey used as bait, like corn?

If some people here relied on their wits for hunting, they'd starve for to death.

Of course not! Baiting defeats the purpose of hunting with my bare hands. I drink the whiskey to sharpen my wit and take the edge off. And to answer your question Stub, I hunt mostly Bear and Rhinoceros, with the occasional White-tailed Deer thrown in to mix it up a bit.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum