BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Western
Originally Posted By: Stub
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted By: sprigsss
Some of those bucks are insane. Its a bit different than enclosing them, feeding them and allowing them to mature.

But if someone wants to raise livestock and then kill them or allow someone else to kill them for a fee, why should I care?

X2 as long as it gets eaten who cares

Agree up

Caveat: I don't "do" facebook, so unable to see more than the log in page entry, so just getting the "drift" from what you fellas have posted. Not sure I'd use facebook as a National 'bellwether" tho.

It has to be all about harvesting a resource using legal methods? Because I'd bet most reply'ers, use bird feeders, plant "stuff" that draws birds, butterflies and bees. What about "people" food plots and the many foods that come from other country's that may not produce fruits and veggies using safe methods (herbicides/pesticides)?

The list of arguments BOBO posted above I understand, but if it is legal, those arguments become differing opinions among outdoorsmen.

Take hunting out of the equation and IMO, they disagree about LO rights, the right to do on and with your property as you see prudent with in legal lines, but even then, you get arguments based on opinion.

I admit my thoughts may be different if I had a facebook acct and could force myself to read through it.

It’s just differing opinions until it’s qouted as the voice of sportsman, like grizzly bear hunting, hound hunting, CO spring bear/baiting Etc.......

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Simple Searcher] #7012154 12/26/17 07:24 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher
That chic is a knucklehead.

Nope, she has social media down to a science. More traffic/interaction she produces via hunters and Anti’s, more money she makes.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Texas Dan] #7012171 12/26/17 07:38 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Dividing hunters instead of uniting them!

The division started when hunters started pushing for separate seasons so they would get an early jump on other hunters. Manufacturers and wildlife agencies smelt the new money and the rush was on. And it hasn't stopped since.

Offer just one single season to everyone and you might be surprised at how much division disappears in the hunting community.

We found something to agree on! .....so wrong about so much, but spot on here.

Either bow hunters should wait til Nov, or rifle hunters should start in Oct.

Equal hunting time for all hunters.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: BOBO the Clown] #7012179 12/26/17 07:43 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Nope, she has social media down to a science. More traffic/interaction she produces via hunters and Anti’s, more money she makes.

Probably the new reality. Where social media and reality TV tend to make the opposite happen.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Simple Searcher] #7012185 12/26/17 07:47 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Probably the new reality. Where social media and reality TV tend to make the opposite happen.

Depends on presentation. Her presentation isn’t helping us at times.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: maximus_flavius] #7012216 12/26/17 08:18 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius

The division started when hunters started pushing for separate seasons so they would get an early jump on other hunters. Manufacturers and wildlife agencies smelt the new money and the rush was on. And it hasn't stopped since.

Offer just one single season to everyone and you might be surprised at how much division disappears in the hunting community.

You can gun hunt in October. Just hunt an MLD property.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7012270 12/26/17 08:53 PM
D
DH3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
The sky is falling, OMG!!

Old age and treachery beats youth and stupid every time!
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: maximus_flavius] #7012275 12/26/17 08:55 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

Learn to bowhunt or quit whining. Geez Louise there are some tiddy-babies on here. Eerbody got to have equal chance, can’t have an opinion, it’s all the same......blah, blah. Y’all whine about “liberals” and act just like them.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Texas Dan] #7012278 12/26/17 08:57 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

You can hunt those seasons if you want to so you have nothing to complain about.

So if I hunt the way you hunt when you hunt, all is good.

You just proved how the division got started.

The way I read it, he isn't saying that at all. In fact, I would be willing to bet he doesn't care how, when, or where you hunt. Speaking of proving division, the statement below goes a long way toward keeping the division alive and well. Your disdain for this type of hunting is well documented. From where I sit, you're doing your part to keep it going as much as anyone else.

As long as there are enough hunters out there who aren't just feeder watching and sharing their hunting knowledge with the next generation, I'm happy.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7012290 12/26/17 09:10 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Learn to bowhunt or quit whining.

You mean like bow hunters did at those first attempts to make crossbows legal?

The discussion has made it clear that when it comes to dividing hunters, bow hunting wins first prize.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Texas Dan] #7012778 12/27/17 04:12 AM
T
therancher Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
If you aren’t gun hunting on Oct 1st it’s because you choose not to.

Based on the disdain for food plots and baiting in the comments on that fb page I don’t think seasons bother anyone to a significant extent.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Texas Dan] #7012788 12/27/17 04:22 AM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

The discussion has made it clear that when it comes to dividing hunters, bow hunting wins first prize.

Maybe in the top 3 or 4 (pick your order)
*HF vs LF
*Baiting
*Ethical shot placement
*Seasons

And I am sure there are others
I just don't see people getting all worked up over seasons.

Last edited by Simple Searcher; 12/27/17 11:34 AM.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7012864 12/27/17 12:29 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: therancher

I chose not to accept the States f'd up deer harvest numbers. So now I don't get to rifle hunt in Oct.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Texas Dan] #7012865 12/27/17 12:31 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

How can you be so lucid & correct on this, but so daft on other subjects?

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: maximus_flavius] #7012866 12/27/17 12:32 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
[quote=therancher]If you aren’t gun hunting on Oct 1st it’s because you choose not to.

That's like saying "if you choose to pay taxes, it's your own fault. Make less money. Make so much less that you don't have to pay taxes".

Last edited by maximus_flavius; 12/27/17 12:36 PM.
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7012869 12/27/17 12:40 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
While the majority of bow hunters are ethical & capable, giving a certain segment of hunters more time than others encourages people to hunt past their capabilities. Too many bow hunters only bow hunt because they get an extra month to hunt. A lot of these people have no business with a bow, & wound a lot of deer with poor shot placements.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: maximus_flavius] #7012885 12/27/17 01:04 PM
TX_LT230FH Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
While the majority of bow hunters are ethical & capable, giving a certain segment of hunters more time than others encourages people to hunt past their capabilities. Too many bow hunters only bow hunt because they get an extra month to hunt. A lot of these people have no business with a bow, & wound a lot of deer with poor shot placements.

Interesting observation that I haven't heard before. Do you have a source with supporting data for this statement?

[Linked Image]
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7012887 12/27/17 01:05 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

Learn to bowhunt or quit whining. Geez Louise there are some tiddy-babies on here. Eerbody got to have equal chance, can’t have an opinion, it’s all the same......blah, blah. Y’all whine about “liberals” and act just like them.

Your acting like the liberal. Why do YOU have to have a "special" season? You a special snowflake? Your probably watching that Richard Maddow guy on MSNBC right now.

Last edited by maximus_flavius; 12/27/17 01:09 PM.
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7012890 12/27/17 01:11 PM
D
don k Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Everything on here that starts off with simple discussions becomes a pissing contest.

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: maximus_flavius] #7012935 12/27/17 01:56 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: therancher

I chose not to accept the States f'd up deer harvest numbers. So now I don't get to rifle hunt in Oct.

Yes. Or you could choose to hunt another MLD property that participates. If you can't afford it and it's important to you to gun hunt in Oct. start saving now. AMERICA flag

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: therancher] #7012961 12/27/17 02:22 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
When all hunters are up against anti-hunters we are going to have to back anyone legally taking game period! You might not like the way someone else does it, but you're going to have to ask yourself, "was it legal?" If the answer is yes, then you are going to have to support it. Banding together is the only way we will retain our hunting rights. As well as out second amendment rights.

I am not a fan of HF, so I stay out of those discussions, now. It is legal. I am not a fan of able-bodied people hunting with crossbows, but it is legal (I know, didn't used to be) so I do not judge someone that does it. It is legal. Some people probably did not like me shooting two cow elk a minute apart, in September, from 465 yards, and 515 yards. But I made humane clean kills, and it was legal.

And the list goes on.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: J.G.] #7012981 12/27/17 02:35 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
When all hunters are up against anti-hunters we are going to have to back anyone legally taking game period! You might not like the way someone else does it, but you're going to have to ask yourself, "was it legal?" If the answer is yes, then you are going to have to support it. Banding together is the only way we will retain our hunting rights. As well as out second amendment rights.

And the list goes on.

This above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ up

If we do not the Anti Hunting Liberals win hammer

Just look at this thread, look how much divisiveness and sarcasm a Liberals article has created among our own hunting forum, so unfortunately they get a small win right here bang

texas Faith, Family and Freedom flag

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: Stub] #7013008 12/27/17 02:59 PM
D
don k Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

And the list goes on.

Just look at this thread, look how much divisiveness and sarcasm a Liberals article has created among our own hunting forum, so unfortunately they get a small win right here bang
That is how the antis can win. "Divide And Conquer"

Re: The drumbeat is getting louder [Re: don k] #7013016 12/27/17 03:08 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: don k

And the list goes on.

That is how the antis can win. "Divide And Conquer"

Yes it is Don. up

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide