Forums46
Topics537,021
Posts9,719,489
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer #6990407 12/10/17 09:49 AM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
I don't know where people come up with this garbage. Watch the video...

I take it that he did not actually necropsy the deer to determine what did or did not actually anatomically happen. He had a dead deer and looked at the video in slower motion. I watched the video and the deer showed impact. I don't know what he was watching.

With that said, will the 50 BMG suck the eyeballs out of a deer? Heck, it won't even hardly move red Solo Cups around...

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6990444 12/10/17 12:35 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Well, now you’ve had a proper introduction to Keith Warren, and you know what you can expect in the future.

Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6990448 12/10/17 12:42 PM
topwater13 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Interesting....I would have expected the head to be gone with even a slight graze. They weren't showing much of the dead dear though. A slight overkill regardless. SMH.

Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6990532 12/10/17 02:32 PM
syncerus Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
It's nice to the see the hype machine is still churning out product.

Deer are much tougher than they were 100 years ago when people used to kill them with .38-40 and .25-20 cartridges. In fact, I'm not even sure the .50 BMG is really sufficient under tough conditions. I'd go with a 20MM Vulcan, myself. You know, the six barrel Gatling design. Of course, dragging a crew around is a bit of a pain, but you can never be too careful.

Last edited by syncerus; 12/10/17 02:35 PM. Reason: img

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6990551 12/10/17 02:48 PM
S
Simple Searcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
That second video proved the point well, I have tried to convince many that it isn't possible to kill a deer with a passing bullet. I know guys that shoot WT with with a 300 mag (I am not knocking a 300, just the hype) and claim a miss will kill, or complete removal of the head from a neck shot. I have seen their dead deer, heads still attached, just a hole in the neck.
I like your idea syncerus, only a grenade will make them deader.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6990556 12/10/17 02:53 PM
syncerus Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
It's all about bullet construction. A varmint type rapid expansion bullet is most likely to perform a near decapitation. If that's the "goal" (sigh), a 125 grain Ballistic Tip out of a .300 WM is probably most likely to "achieve" that result.

Whatever happened to sportsmanship and respect for your quarry? I don't tell others how to hunt, but I'd have nothing to do with this idiocy, myself.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: syncerus] #6990663 12/10/17 04:37 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: syncerus

Whatever happened to sportsmanship and respect for your quarry? I don't tell others how to hunt, but I'd have nothing to do with this idiocy, myself.

Well said. I’m still young compared to lots of folks around here (28) but it’s my generation who is starting to star in hunting shows and YouTube channels, and I don’t like most of it. I made a poor shot on a doe earlier this week. I got her, but she suffered greatly for 10 minutes or so until I could work my way around to get another shot on her. It upset me. I have lots of respect for the animals I kill, and don’t treat it like a game, or hope it will make me famous on YouTube.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: TFF Caribou] #6990712 12/10/17 05:54 PM
5Redman8 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Tff caribou
Originally Posted By: syncerus

Well said. I’m still young compared to lots of folks around here (28) but it’s my generation who is starting to star in hunting shows and YouTube channels, and I don’t like most of it. I made a poor shot on a doe earlier this week. I got her, but she suffered greatly for 10 minutes or so until I could work my way around to get another shot on her. It upset me. I have lots of respect for the animals I kill, and don’t treat it like a game, or hope it will make me famous on YouTube.

With this attitude you will find yourself respected and welcome to hunt many places where others are not!!!

AVOID.....Luna Canyon Outdoor Adventures Chacon NM Elk Hunting. Owner James Duran

https://www.huntnorthnm.com/

PM for details
Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6990821 12/10/17 07:38 PM
P
Pig_Popper Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Regarding the Keith Warren video, let me take this through a reality load test...

Fact: the weapon and optic and ammo weigh in over 30 lbs, the projectile is 750 grains

Logic Test : FAIL : Warren states due to the weight of the weapon and muzzle brake "recoil is manageable".... Yes because I take my 600 lb shooting bench everywhere with me.

Fact: when you have such manageable recoil you should only load 1 round in your high capacity magazine

Logic Test : FAIL : how many hunters who use .30 cal cartridges load a single round in your semi-auto high capacity magazine? Yeah a I have few 25 round Pmags myself for 338 Federal - it never occurred to me that I was loading 24 too many....

Fact: he is setup in a blind with a 12" shelf and shooting off the guns bipod

Logic Test : PLAUSIBLE : I've seen some pretty fancy / creative hunting blinds, would have liked to see him use a regular Joe's hunting blind BUT if you have a 12" shelf and bipod I suppose I'd use it too.

Fact: a Doe is considered medium sized game , there are many ammo manufacturers who rate their ammo for Terminal Effect and it is realistic to think that most calibers above .223 would be appropriate.

Logic Test : Fail : most of you have hit on this already, the 50 BMG is overkill , it would probably have been just as effective to run her over with the lease vehicle but then we wouldn't have a video to view - and Barrett doesn't make a grill guard

Fact: after shooting an animal with a 50 BMG you'd assume there would be massive trauma

Logic Test : Fail : as he lined up behind the doe for the after shot photo opportunity he is convinced at that point that he hit her in the head "accuracy and shot placement is everything" and he says you'd think more damage would be evident. Right this particular doe has a head that is harder than most does which explains the lack of damage.... you'd think a guy who makes a living hunting would have suspected he grazed her but nooooo it just didn't do much damage.

Fact: bullets create "pressure and vacuum"

Logic Test : UNKNOWN : I'm convinced that 50 BMG is capable of imparting a higher degree of suck, I don't know much about bullet design but I'm sure ammo manufactures keep the vacuum properties a secret and Mr. Warren is divulging highly guarded information. I'm not sure how they do it but WOW.

"It sucked the eyeballs out of the deer's head - A VERY ETHICAL KILL".

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6990854 12/10/17 08:27 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
I heard the 50 cal rumor so many time in the Army it ridiculous and usually from senior NCOs lol

If it’s within a few feet it will rip their skin right off or rip and arm off blah blah blah

Last edited by SapperTitan; 12/10/17 08:28 PM.
Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Pig_Popper] #6990888 12/10/17 08:51 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Pig_Popper
Regarding the Keith Warren video, let me take this through a reality load test...

Fact: the weapon and optic and ammo weigh in over 30 lbs, the projectile is 750 grains

Logic Test : FAIL : Warren states due to the weight of the weapon and muzzle brake "recoil is manageable".... Yes because I take my 600 lb shooting bench everywhere with me.

Fact: when you have such manageable recoil you should only load 1 round in your high capacity magazine

Logic Test : FAIL : how many hunters who use .30 cal cartridges load a single round in your semi-auto high capacity magazine? Yeah a I have few 25 round Pmags myself for 338 Federal - it never occurred to me that I was loading 24 too many....

Logic Test : PLAUSIBLE : I've seen some pretty fancy / creative hunting blinds, would have liked to see him use a regular Joe's hunting blind BUT if you have a 12" shelf and bipod I suppose I'd use it too.

Fact: a Doe is considered medium sized game , there are many ammo manufacturers who rate their ammo for Terminal Effect and it is realistic to think that most calibers above .223 would be appropriate.

Logic Test : Fail : most of you have hit on this already, the 50 BMG is overkill , it would probably have been just as effective to run her over with the lease vehicle but then we wouldn't have a video to view - and Barrett doesn't make a grill guard

Fact: after shooting an animal with a 50 BMG you'd assume there would be massive trauma

Logic Test : Fail : as he lined up behind the doe for the after shot photo opportunity he is convinced at that point that he hit her in the head "accuracy and shot placement is everything" and he says you'd think more damage would be evident. Right this particular doe has a head that is harder than most does which explains the lack of damage.... you'd think a guy who makes a living hunting would have suspected he grazed her but nooooo it just didn't do much damage.

Logic Test : UNKNOWN : I'm convinced that 50 BMG is capable of imparting a higher degree of suck, I don't know much about bullet design but I'm sure ammo manufactures keep the vacuum properties a secret and Mr. Warren is divulging highly guarded information. I'm not sure how they do it but WOW.

So you believe Warren’s conclusion is accurate and the 2nd video is a hoax?

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6990890 12/10/17 08:51 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Something about Warrens entire demeanor, and especially in this video, creeps me out. Not someone I would hunt with if given the opportunity.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6990893 12/10/17 08:53 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Keith Warren started out a joke and has only gotten worse.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6990907 12/10/17 09:03 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Keith Warren started out a joke and has only gotten worse.

You got that right. Bottom of the barrel.

Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6990942 12/10/17 09:40 PM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
I have a 50 and have not used it on anything yet but inanimate objects. Not what I want to shoot deer with though some day I might shoot a hog. There is a lot of energy in those big bullets but not such that it will knock over stuff by being just close to it. Now the muzzle blast kicking out the sides will blow things around a lot, like items on benches next to you will move and lighter weight items will fly off the bench next to you such as a jacket.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #6990975 12/10/17 10:20 PM
P
Pig_Popper Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P

Negative

This space is For Sale - inquire within ...
Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Pig_Popper] #6990992 12/10/17 10:39 PM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior

Negative

Agree with that Pigpopper, would say second video is legit. Haven't watched the first video and probably will not, unless I need another laugh.

Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6990999 12/10/17 10:46 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
They need to rename it "The Vampire". It sounds better and describes how it can suck the blood and eye balls right out of your prey without ever hitting it!

Yep .....I ain't buying it.

Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6991114 12/11/17 12:31 AM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
I watched the first video, I do not believe him that he didn't hit the deer, in one eye, out the other, Ifhe had checked that he might be a little more believable. Then again...

That amax penetrates better through stuff than one might think, have shot plenty of them.

Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6991147 12/11/17 01:00 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Artistic license sells advertising. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6991319 12/11/17 03:05 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Idiot.

$5 a shot. Way too much collateral damage from whatever that bullet hits. I won't allow it on my range. That shouldn't be shot at ANYTNING less than 1000 yards IMO.

He went in the left eye, and out the right. The pressure shoved all the air out of her sinuses, look at the exhale (involuntarily) out the nose.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6991358 12/11/17 03:50 AM
B
bossbowman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
WTF is wrong with that guy, a 50 for deer... really?!

Last edited by bossbowman; 12/11/17 03:51 AM.
Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: J.G.] #6991386 12/11/17 04:07 AM
C
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training
Minor in training
C
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Idiot.

$5 a shot. Way too much collateral damage from whatever that bullet hits. I won't allow it on my range. That shouldn't be shot at ANYTNING less than 1000 yards IMO.

He went in the left eye, and out the right. The pressure shoved all the air out of her sinuses, look at the exhale (involuntarily) out the nose.
so no explosion because... through both eyes?

Anybody else love Demolition Ranch? Lol
One more question: why does everybody dislike Kieth Warren? This video aside that is...

Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6991443 12/11/17 05:00 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Don’t ask me how this, but a measly handgun bullet (fmj most likely as it is highly unlikely the guy got any other ammo for his hand gun in country) at close range in a self inflicted gunshot wound causes a hell of a lot more damage on the exit than that .50. BMG did in that doe.

I am not saying I buy the “sucked the eyeballs” claim at all. But I am saying even a fmj.50 would do a to. More exit wound damage to that eye socket. It is possible the shot was a complete thru and thru taking both eyeballs out, but realistically this is not very likely without other socket damage and deformation. Again, don’t need to ask how I know this just accept it and move on.

However, the claim a .50 cal can suck out eyeballs is also not plausible. I know
What it takes to remove and eye ball (again, don’t need to ask) and the vacuum force needed to do
Something like that is entirely not possible with a passing bullet. The reality is any such “vacuum removal” would leave all kinds of tissue and muscle hanging out of the eye socket that wouldn’t naturally retract back the stretch would tear the tissues and prevent the natural retractionone would expect.

So bottom line from a medical standpoint, the only “real” possibility here is the doe got shot in the eyes and hand a thru and thru taking out both eyeballs, IF the deer shown was actually the deer shot at. My guess is they shot a doe, and then did some weird faking to make it look cool. I don’t know. Whole thing is weird.

Re: 50 BMG Near Miss - "Sucked the Eyeballs Out" of the Deer [Re: Double Naught Spy] #6991446 12/11/17 05:11 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
After watching the second video, I will Unequivocally say there is absolutely no way a .50 cal could “suck” out the eyeballs of a doe/deer. Just can’t happen. Physically not possible given the lack of movement with solo cups and cards. No way, no how.

There’s about 6 muscles that hold the eyeball in place (I would
Guess the deer has that many at least) plus optic nerve (nice thick quarter inch nerve) plus all
Kinda of connective tissues....just way too much force holding the eyeball in place to get sucked out by something that can’t knock down a flimsy card house.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide