Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7034718 01/11/18 09:34 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
BTW, I am not trying to monopolize medical knowledge here. Just trying to offer something other than a layman's explanation and give some clout to back it up with...too often I see stuff on THF where someone spouts off about a topic they have no business giving advice. When it comes to medicine, there are a lot of opinions but much of it is old wives tales and heresay from TV, so I try to refute the silly stuff and present a scientific basis for what I say. up

Re: Low "T"? [Re: Texasteach] #7034742 01/11/18 09:50 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Texasteach
As to heart attacks/heart disease, pick a study:

https://www.innovativemen.com/innovative...and-stroke-risk

First of all, you are picking info from a Low T centers website, not likely the most reliable source...secondly, they study they highlight showed an absolute rate of incidents of 19.9% in the non-treated group while the treated group showed an absolute rate of incidents of 25.7%, that's a 25% increase in patients who underwent treatment!! Not very convincing. Yes, they said the study was flawed, but they are also talking about people who were below index levels of 300 where the lab normal was 350-1200. SO these are true low T, not the "relative" low T I have explained most patients are being treated at.

Listen, I am not trying to tell people to get off the juice, just to be aware the juice has the same risks it did when we all talked about it during football or lifting or whatever locker room you were in that the subject came up. Back then we talked about small balls and acne. The risk of heart attacks and strokes was there, we were just invincible kids and no one thought of dying. Now that we are older, and this stuff is becoming a mainstream thing in TX, its important to know there are risks. Are they small and nothing to worry about or are they significant enough to talk about? I think the latter. I think anyone who receives this therapy should have this discussion, but I know most won't even hear it and most probably don't even know what their testosterone level is...just that it is low for them because someone told them it is low.

Blood transfusion folks know exactly what their counts are. Coumadin patients know exactly what their numbers are. Low T patients most likely don't have a clue what their numbers are.

Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7034776 01/11/18 10:23 PM
T
Texasteach Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I was just pointing out that there are many studies on AAS, and not conducted by your basic GP. The risks of AAS should be well researched as should any medication placed into the body. Am I a believer in moderate AAS and GH. Absolutely. Are there risks? Of course. Life is full of risks. Do they empirically improve the QUALITY of life? From my first hand experience, absolutely.

We should be more concerned about the 50 year old that is 40 lbs overweight, doesn't eat healthy, smokes and lives a sedentary lifestyle than the 50 year old who uses (rather than abuses) AAS and GH. We are all going to die at some point. Even the arrogant MD's who fail to practice what they preach.

Last edited by Texasteach; 01/11/18 10:33 PM.

You did what?
Re: Low "T"? [Re: skinnerback] #7035734 01/12/18 04:44 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: skinnerback
Originally Posted By: pegasaurus
I turn 50 in a couple months and this thread is depressing me. I am also gonna need glasses this year.

Oh hell no. I can't imagine being that old. roflmao

You'll be there before you know it buddy.......scary fast!

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Low "T"? [Re: Texas buckeye] #7035742 01/12/18 04:50 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye

First of all, you are picking info from a Low T centers website, not likely the most reliable source...secondly, they study they highlight showed an absolute rate of incidents of 19.9% in the non-treated group while the treated group showed an absolute rate of incidents of 25.7%, that's a 25% increase in patients who underwent treatment!! Not very convincing. Yes, they said the study was flawed, but they are also talking about people who were below index levels of 300 where the lab normal was 350-1200. SO these are true low T, not the "relative" low T I have explained most patients are being treated at.

Listen, I am not trying to tell people to get off the juice, just to be aware the juice has the same risks it did when we all talked about it during football or lifting or whatever locker room you were in that the subject came up. Back then we talked about small balls and acne. The risk of heart attacks and strokes was there, we were just invincible kids and no one thought of dying. Now that we are older, and this stuff is becoming a mainstream thing in TX, its important to know there are risks. Are they small and nothing to worry about or are they significant enough to talk about? I think the latter. I think anyone who receives this therapy should have this discussion, but I know most won't even hear it and most probably don't even know what their testosterone level is...just that it is low for them because someone told them it is low.

Blood transfusion folks know exactly what their counts are. Coumadin patients know exactly what their numbers are. Low T patients most likely don't have a clue what their numbers are.

My doctor took blood and told me exactly what my numbers were. Took blood as treatment administered to monitor levels also.

I would think that should be "Testoterone Therapy 101" stuff.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Low "T"? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7035771 01/12/18 05:18 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye

My doctor took blood and told me exactly what my numbers were. Took blood as treatment administered to monitor levels also.

I would think that should be "Testoterone Therapy 101" stuff.
You're correct....it should be 101....but I think a lot of those clinics are just selling the hype....just like botox.....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7035862 01/12/18 06:47 PM
T
Texasteach Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I will agree with the last few posts. Also anytime you are messing with something like an AAS, you need to realize that there is no "magical pill". You still have to combine it with the proper diet and exercise to see any real results. It's like put an aggressive cam in a stock engine. It's not going to do what it is suppose to at the level it can potentially perform.

I see it all as a numbers game with risk factors:

Poor Diet (increased risks)
Not exercising (increased risks)
Smoking (increased risks)
Stress (increased risks)
Obesity (increased risks)
T Therapy (increased risks)

If I eliminate poor diet, exercise, don't smoke, no stress and not obese, then the increased risks associated with T Therapy are actually a net reduction in associated life risks.

You did what?
Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7035938 01/12/18 08:04 PM
TKM Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I think more low T patients know what their numbers are than most think. I have known mine for about the last twenty years, everyone I know that is on T replacement knows their numbers. I'll gladly take 15 more years of feeling like I do when I'm on it verses 20 more years of feeling like I do when I'm off it.

Re: Low "T"? [Re: J.G.] #7037718 01/14/18 02:28 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Originally Posted By: scalebuster
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
It's real. Lots of Firemen are on therapy. The reason ours drops prematurely is due to lack of sleep, and constant interrupted sleep.

Set the jokes aside, we have heart attacks and strokes in our 30's, 40's, and 50's also due to terrible sleep patterns, that are involuntary.

I thought all firemen did all day was cook, lift weights, and wash trucks.

You thought wrong.

He forgot playing cards, dominoes and waxing the chief's ride.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7037734 01/14/18 02:36 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
First I thought this thread was about T-Posts, then I realized it's about Pop-Up's.

Re: Low "T"? [Re: HWY_MAN] #7037749 01/14/18 02:45 PM
H
H2O Seeker Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
First I thought this thread was about T-Posts, then I realized it's about Pop-Up's.

For some that may be accurate...unless they partake of the 'little blue or green ones'. whistle

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7037753 01/14/18 02:48 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
While all you boys are worried about your T's and Pop-Up's ya might just ask the doc to check your thyroid. Just saying! It has far more impact on your day to day well being than most people realize.

Re: Low "T"? [Re: H2O Seeker] #7037768 01/14/18 02:59 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: H2O Seeker

For some that may be accurate...unless they partake of the 'little blue or green ones'. whistle

At my age I partake more of those that are burnt orange in color, Ibuprofen.

It's been my experience that them Pop-Up's cause more problems for an old boy than a bent T-Post.

Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7038028 01/14/18 06:38 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Low T therapy is not really about ED (“pop ups”). You can have low T with or without those issues. Testosterone therapy may or may not help in that area even if you do have those issues.

ED and Low T are separate issues.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Low "T"? [Re: HWY_MAN] #7038201 01/14/18 09:09 PM
TKM Offline
Tracker
Tracker
While all you boys are worried about your T's and Pop-Up's ya might just ask the doc to check your thyroid. Just saying! It has far more impact on your day to day well being than most people realize.

An underactive thyroid would be one of the many items a dr would check for when having labs done for someone describing the issues we have mentioned on this thread.

Re: Low "T"? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7038664 01/15/18 11:11 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Low T therapy is not really about ED (“pop ups”). You can have low T with or without those issues. Testosterone therapy may or may not help in that area even if you do have those issues.

ED and Low T are separate issues.

I understand but it seems the younger folk are more worried about the pop-ups. Here I am trying to have fun with a thread and your wanting to get all serious.

Re: Low "T"? [Re: TKM] #7038665 01/15/18 11:21 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: TKM

An underactive thyroid would be one of the many items a dr would check for when having labs done for someone describing the issues we have mentioned on this thread.

I would hope so but my thyroid med's run about 100 dollars for a years worth and I have one visit a year (Total removal of the thyroid several years ago), what's T therapy run and how many visits are required? I'm not saying all DR's will take advantage of symptoms to make a little more money but some damn sure will. Had a little personal experience in that area.

Re: Low "T"? [Re: HWY_MAN] #7039122 01/15/18 07:08 PM
TKM Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: TKM
[quote=HWY_MAN]While all you boys are worried about your T's and Pop-Up's ya might just ask the doc to check your thyroid. Just saying! It has far more impact on your day to day well being than most people realize.

I would hope so but my thyroid med's run about 100 dollars for a years worth and I have one visit a year (Total removal of the thyroid several years ago), what's T therapy run and how many visits are required? I'm not saying all DR's will take advantage of symptoms to make a little more money but some damn sure will. Had a little personal experience in that area. [/quot

I go twice a year for labs, a LP, a CMP, a TSH, a CBC, Testosterone, and general wellness check. Been on thyroid meds for 19 years, TRT for 17 years. I have a lot of experience in that area. When you start the TRT injections a dr will want to run your labs in 6 to 8 weeks, maybe again if something appears abnormal, now it is once every 6 months. I have everything done in one visit. Cost of TRT is irrelevant here if need, mine runs $160 and change per year plus cost of syringes/needles (i inject myself) Given the results/changes in my life style it would bother me one bit to pay that every month. Over the last 20 years and 40 visits i have a graph of 44 areas that show progress, decline, normal, etc. All of my results are about as close to normal as they can get. Once in a while my bad cholesterol will be just outside of where it should be and i can always attribute that to what i ate, maybe due to traveling, holidays, etc. I understand some dr's may try to take advantage of a situation, however, research, knowledge, understanding things on your end and they will only do it if you let them. For the record, my Dr didn't suggest TRT injections, i ask for them after seeing no results in all the other junk out there.

I can croak tomorrow, who knows when your time is up.

Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7071134 02/08/18 10:11 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
I am only 62 and have a long way to go before I have to worry about that grin up

texas flag

Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7132854 04/05/18 12:40 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Mentioned before but most people are deficient in zinc.

ZMA is a product I take and can def. recommend.

Noticable difference in how I feel when I’m taking it vs. when I’m not.

I took about 2 1/2 years off from the gym and most other physical excercise when I got married now with kids. Lack of time, laziness, etc.

Felt like crap for the last 2 years. Crappy moods, tired, lazy, staring to get a spare tire...lots of low T symptoms. Was thinking about going in for treatments ( neighbor is a tech at the T clinic). Got back to the gym, started the ZMA again and 3 weeks in feel like a million bucks....lost 6 lbs of fat and have my drive back

One big thing I noticed was my craving for sweets. Get like I was turning into a damn woman I would murder a box of brownies, donuts or cookies.

Cut out all bull crap food now I don’t even look twice at sweets

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Low "T"? [Re: txtrophy85] #7133292 04/05/18 02:44 PM
S
SouthWestIron Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

I took about 2 1/2 years off from the gym and most other physical excercise when I got married now with kids. Lack of time, laziness, etc.

Felt like crap for the last 2 years. Crappy moods, tired, lazy, staring to get a spare tire...lots of low T symptoms. Was thinking about going in for treatments ( neighbor is a tech at the T clinic). Got back to the gym, started the ZMA again and 3 weeks in feel like a million bucks....lost 6 lbs of fat and have my drive back

One big thing I noticed was my craving for sweets. Get like I was turning into a damn woman I would murder a box of brownies, donuts or cookies.

I'm going to try ZMA for sure. Any recommended brand?

Re: Low "T"? [Re: SouthWestIron] #7133311 04/05/18 02:55 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: SouthWestIron

I am currently using nugenix brand ZMA

Read the ingredients and make sure it does NOT have any calcium in it.

I only use nugenix now because it’s easy to come by and it’s a clean mix

Re: Low "T"? [Re: txtrophy85] #7133329 04/05/18 03:08 PM
S
SouthWestIron Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: SouthWestIron

I am currently using nugenix brand ZMA

Read the ingredients and make sure it does NOT have any calcium in it.

I only use nugenix now because it’s easy to come by and it’s a clean mix

Thanks, looks like its at Walgreens. I'm trying it out.

Re: Low "T"? [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7133350 04/05/18 03:23 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I'm 71 my T has always been high (averaged 540 between two tests)after T pellets it went way back up along with my energy levels which is what I was looking for and BTW T does nothing for sex life that's what blue diamonds are for......

Last edited by snake oil; 04/05/18 03:24 PM.

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Low "T"? [Re: snake oil] #7133640 04/05/18 08:26 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: snake oil
I'm 71 my T has always been high (averaged 540 between two tests)after T pellets it went way back up along with my energy levels which is what I was looking for and BTW T does nothing for sex life that's what blue diamonds are for......

T levels absolutely affect your sex life. Mainly in the form of desire

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide