Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6915984 10/10/17 11:22 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
No doubt. Great plan. Rockwall has sure grown up. Mom and Dad live there. Brother lives in Heath. Nice area.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916001 10/10/17 11:34 PM
M
Mickey Moose Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
6' 2" 235lbs, early 40s. No longer working. Trying to figure out how to be what I want when I grow up which is retired... now. In the meantime, I trade futures, primarily oil and silver. I like guns, bacon and chillin on the beach. OCD about water chemistry (swimming pool), protective of my lawn (it's like a grill and a woman - never touch another man's). Conservative. Ford (trucks, not cars). I'll light a fire out back in the dead of summer. I like to play pool. I blow money at steakhouses. Filet, medium rare. My random music (jam bands, metal, reggae, classic rock, country, classical, 80s, whatever) concerns my neighbors - they'll hear it all any given day I'm out back. For the most part I don't want people around, even more so when hunting. The majority of my closest friends I have known since my youth. My tractor is sexy - she told me so. Preference points to brunettes. Coal/wood smokers only. Documentaries. Captain and Coke. Sometimes Vodka. On the rocks. Android. Patriotic. Snowmobiling. Ohio State Buckeye. Reloader (still wet behind the ears). Friend of the Devil. Formula One. Smashing the stack <<< either you understand or... you'll Google.

I'm not sure what else my lawyer and the gov will allow me to say.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916012 10/10/17 11:41 PM
S
Stompy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Hardest working man in the Dove hunting business grin

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916045 10/11/17 12:14 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Can't i have Paranoia. cool2

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: Erathkid] #6916047 10/11/17 12:20 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
No doubt. Great plan. Rockwall has sure grown up. Mom and Dad live there. Brother lives in Heath. Nice area.

I'm building in rural Grayson county. Rockwall is nice for suburbia but I despise that living. Also holy moly the traffic.

Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916056 10/11/17 12:34 AM
L
Lazyjack Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Dragging 65. Raised on a white rock road with a party line. Family was from Oak Cliff, so going into town was shopping on Jefferson in Oak Cliff. Although never lived in Dallas, was in the Dallas school district, so I attended David Carter.

Didnt qualify for military service . Could not afford college, so went to work. Car repair,electrician, HVAC tech, manager and contractor.

Became a widower at 42. Was awarded a second chance with a wonderful woman willing to take me with my nightmare and baggage.

Have no claim to fame, I just try not waste the day He gave me.

I am very direct, conservative, patriotic and hate wasting air.

Last edited by Lazyjack; 10/11/17 01:21 AM.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916058 10/11/17 12:39 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I didn't grow up here but I moved back here after doing some stuff for Uncle Sam. Now I work for a company that I can't talk about doing secret security stuff. Got two kids that I know of and they were raised right by me and my most awesome, hot, gorgeous, lovely, wife who loves me and shopping.
I like long walks in the woods killing stuff that is legal to kill.
I look forward to meeting like minded people that enjoy talking about stuff I like to talk about.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916090 10/11/17 01:11 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
I heard that, ducknbass. Staying cooped up in the city gets me down. I only come to town when I have too.

Don't text and drive.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916093 10/11/17 01:13 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
I like this thread. Y'all keep 'em coming.

Don't text and drive.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916100 10/11/17 01:18 AM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I like to fish and duck hunt. I'd like to get into hog hunting. I just picked up golf again last spring after years off. My wife and I enjoy camping and hiking. We do a backpacking trip once a year or so. We have no kids, but her internal clock is ticking louder and louder.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916106 10/11/17 01:24 AM
N
Novemberyet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
I am a Christian and a proud American. I'll turn 40 on Friday. Stand 5'10" and pack 220lbs. I married up and blessed with a blossoming 7-year old. My wife is an RN and works locally as a hospice nurse. I was a nurse before medically retiring from the Army last year. I am overly thankful to be able to spend time with my family. We have a few acres and I tinker with whatever I can get my hands on. With my wife's extended family, we have a small camper and use it around the state. I have a German Shepherd and two cats. I used to could dunk a basketball (that's extra).

Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916136 10/11/17 01:51 AM
C
ChadTRG42 Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
C
I'll put in a bit. I'm early 40's, 5'11". I have 2 younger brothers. I grew up in Farmers Branch, moved to Carrollton my freshman year, graduated from RL Turner High School. I played 2 years college baseball as a catcher at Brookhaven JC in Farmers Branch. I had an invite to go play ball at a university, but I decided to go to the same school as my now wife. Transferred to SWT in San Marcos and got a marketing degree (Southwest Texas State, now Texas State). During college, a good friend took me hunting, and it all went down hill from there. I bought a Howa in 270 Win and started shooting all the time. I started reloading and took a precision rifle class out to 1000 yards with that 270 rifle, and did very well. Bought my first precision rifle right after this, a Sako TRG 42 in 300 Win Mag. (That's why the TRG42 in my handle). Shot many tactical competitions with this rifle. After college, I worked for Acme Brick as a commercial sales rep for 2 years. Left there and worked for a small cabling contractor for 13 years selling Cat 5, Cat 6, and fiber optic cable installs (low voltage cabling contractor). I started my ammo company in 2007 as a moon light gig. I only did custom load work up at the time, and needed my FFL to be legal. I never even thought about doing ammo full time, but I had many friends and customers tell me that I "needed to do this" The ammo business was picking up, and I got burned out of cabling sales. So I went full time in the ammo business in 2013. It was hard the first few years, but learned how to adjust. I enjoy it, even though it is "work". I have 2 kids, Lane 12 and Brooke 10. I enjoy being a dad and doing things with the kids and my wife. I thoroughly enjoy getting out of the city and going to the deer lease and getting out into the woods. I wish I lived closer to the coast to go fishing more in the ocean. I drive a Dodge TRX 4x4 with a Hemi, and I use it. I drive fast in the left lane, and people on their cell phones when driving really piss me off. I always like to think the glass is half full.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916147 10/11/17 01:57 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
40 yrs old, 5'11" 225 lbs. Born in Aransas Pass, Tx and a native to our Southern Gulf Coast. Have worked in the Oil & Gas/Petro Chem Industry since I graduated HS. Put in my notice and tried to join the military after 9-11 but was turned away do to a history of back problems, so I went back to chasing that dollar in the oil field. Been married twice but I apparently suck at picking wives. roflmao I have 4 great kids that I know of (19, 17, 6, & 3) and they mean the world to me, I love spending time with them especially in the outdoors. I pay a LOT of child support. I have many acquaintances but very few friends. My circle is small and I like it that way. I don't socialize much anymore, burnt out on bars and that scene. Hunting, fishing, cooking, and playing music is a way of life. I love my Country and I love Texas. I am patriotic and can't stand disrespectful people. I hate liars and thieves. I'm easy to get along with and don't like drama, though I sometimes get drunk and rant in the Bunker. I believe in treating people the way you want to be treated, and believe in helping people that actually need it. I love hot senoritas, tacos, and ice cold beer.

Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916158 10/11/17 02:03 AM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
I'm a simple man, living a simple life. I love Texas, but could easily be talked into moving to the mountains of New Mexico; as I get older, the less I can take the heat. I've got a great career at a great university. Blessed beyond measure by my Lord and Savior, although I'm truly unworthy.

Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916164 10/11/17 02:10 AM
boonee Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Well, I will jump in: 56, 6' 250 I married a little Texas-German girl that I met in High School. We started dating after graduating in 1980. Married since 1981 We have 2 "kids" 35 Daughter (teacher) Son 31 (Paramedic/FF)
Semi retired, I have a small Firearm business, as a hobby. My day job is Fire extinguisher sales/service for a retired Dallas Fire Fighter. I got into hunting, shooting, and reloading in 1985. That was the year we sold our Race car. After racing all over the southwest, we gave up on the dream of racing for a living. Hunting all over Texas has allowed me to see some of our Great state that I would have never seen! Over the last 10 years, I have become more of a hog hunter than deer hunter. I have lived thru 2 heart attacks, last one was 6 years ago. So I guess God is not done with me yet!

Avenger Firearms 214-577-5818
avengerfirearms@gmail.com

Lifetime NRA member
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916176 10/11/17 02:15 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline OP
Taking Requests
OP Offline
Taking Requests
S
Im liking this thread I hope many more will give us a little insight into their lives.

I will add I use to have very bad road rage but have calmed down thanks to my son riding with me a lot. I still have a little bit of a lead foot but no tickets in about 12 yrs. I absolutely love killing hogs. I hunt every single chance I get and wish I could hunt even more. I take pride in hard work and then seeing the finished product. I enjoy building things including Rustic Coolers and some furniture but haven't done much lately (Kinda got burned out) Baseball was my life from about 5 until 19 or 20. I played year around in FL playing little league, AAU, Fall ball, American legion, and then HS ball. I miss playing baseball dearly just miss the competitiveness of being on the mound facing another team. I now coach my son in Tee ball and he absolutely loves baseball he will be playing 8U machine pitch at 6 yrs old next yr. We get home from games or practice and he wants to play catch in the back yard. Ill never force him to play if he doesn't want to but I sure hope he continues playing bc he is good. I enjoy guns just wish I had many more haha. I like photography but just don't have the patience to really get into it. We have an Australian Shepherd named Bakana (Supposedly Guardian in Australian or something like that) She is anything but a guardian she is a lazy couch potato. I have a bad back, bad knees, arthritis all over or as the Army calls it degenerative bone disease roflmao. I love fishing and love taking my son fishing even more. Ive been blown up by 5 IEDs while conducting route clearance in vehicles but never really injured other than minor concussion, headaches, and tinitus thank God. Almost been shot more times than I can remember but never got hit thank God.

Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916202 10/11/17 02:29 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I’m a grouch that works all the time to pay for all the stray kids my wife brings home, and I hunt when I can. That’s about it.

Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: TexasKC] #6916203 10/11/17 02:32 AM
T
TexasKC Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: TexasKC
It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family.......

Actually I'm a 67 yr. old retired machinist. I was raised on a dairy north of Houston. I played baseball, football and competed in rodeo in high school. Showed quarter horses and used to team rope until my shoulder finally wore out. We had a machine shop for years and sold out several years ago. The wife of 39 years is still working part time so we split our time between Houston and our place in Lee county. We have 2 daughters,one son and 5 grandkids. We love hunting but we're more deer watchers than shooters nowadays. Hogs on the other hand get shot on sight. I've never voted for a Democrat in my life and been an NRA member for many years. I don't wear it on my sleeve but I consider myself a christian.

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: Sneaky] #6916207 10/11/17 02:33 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline OP
Taking Requests
OP Offline
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted By: Sneaky
I’m a grouch that works all the time to pay for all the stray kids my wife brings home, and I hunt when I can. That’s about it.
roflmao

Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916226 10/11/17 02:50 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
I'm 28, 6' and 175# and a bachelor.
I have a degree in wildlife biology and I work for a pond and lake management company. We do everything associated with water, spray weeds, electro-fishing surveys, stock ponds, build ponds, build docks, and everything else. I run obstacle course races when I can as I like to challenge myself, and i spend a good portion of my spare time in the gym. I'm good at a lot of things, gifted with being a natural athlete, just trying to find something I'm great at. I'm a 7 handicap in golf, could of played college baseball, I finish in the top 10 percent in the races I run, etc. I just want to be the best at something, and I'll find that something eventually. I hunt and fish too, just don't have a boat anymore and no where to hunt currently. Anybody got a single daughter on here? Lol.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916229 10/11/17 02:52 AM
T
TexasKC Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Sapper.....pm sent

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916247 10/11/17 03:06 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
I am all of 30yo and 6'1 160 just like I was senior year in high school. Lost quite a bit of muscle mass since then though. I grew up in celina where dove and bird hunting was right across the street and we had 1,000ish acres and ponds to hunt back then. Really enjoyed growing up out there and hunting with pops over the years. Times changed and I got out of hunting and went off to school which did not work out in the end. Came home and worked in the auto parts industry before getting my Certification as a Real Estate Appraiser 5 years ago and me and Dad started a business together about then. Moved to Pottsboro and here we are. Slowly getting back into hunting and really enjoying it. Other interest include offshore fishing, drinking cold beer and college football. I may come off as a prick at times as I will screw with people, hence the nickname but I mean no harm cheers

[Linked Image]
Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916273 10/11/17 03:27 AM
C
Cow_doc.308 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
I'm 31. Stand about 6'3" and heavier than I should be. I grew up in a tiny town in north Alabama. Grew up on 150 acres. Family row cropped until about 1990 then my folks built chicken houses and we had breeder hens for most of my growing up years. My folks went broke in the early 2000s and file bankruptcy. We lost the chicken houses and most of the land.
Graduated high school in 2004 and was lucky enough to be accepted into the early entry program at Mississippi State College of Veterinary Medicine. That guaranteed me a seat in vet school as long as my grades stayed up and I met some other requirements. Finished my BS in december 2007 and DVM in spring 2012. Also got a Masters during vet school and wrapped it up in the summer of 2012.
Moved to Ennis 2 weeks after graduation and went to work. Married my wife in July 2012. She's a CPA and currently works in Dallas.
In June 2014 our world was completely rocked when she was diagnosed with breast cancer at 27 years old. This put our family plans on hold for a while. She went through chemo, mastectomy, and radiation. Followed that with breast reconstruction. She's done great since that time. She's a stronger person that I can ever be. We're hoping to start a family soon.
I quit the job I moved to TX for in 2015 and started my own practice. I work out of my truck exclusively and treat 98% livestock species and deer. I love doing what I do most days but often wish we were closer to family.

I grew up deer hunting in Alabama. Got into duck hunting at about 16 and that's pretty much all I did through college. After moving to TX, my dog got too crippled with arthritis to hunt and didn't really have anywhere to chase ducks anyway, so I got back into deer hunting. I'm thinking after this year, I'm getting another dog that will hunt and going back to chasing ducks.

This got a lot longer than I thought it would but now y'all know more about me.

Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: SapperTitan] #6916298 10/11/17 04:05 AM
P
Paluxy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Born in Lubbock, raised in Texas. Marred right 26 years ago to a feisty school teacher/coach. Worked in construction, oilfield, electrical and then made a career in technology. Business owner now and loving it. Easy going, slow fuse kind of guy. Grew up hunting and fishing but never seem to find the time to do much of either these days. I make sawdust and burn holes in metal for a hobby, it's somehow relaxing. Enjoy live music and hanging out with friends and family.

Re: Tell us about yourself [Re: Erathkid] #6916300 10/11/17 04:11 AM
M
Mickey Moose Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
I like this thread. Y'all keep 'em coming.

I know right! It's a trove for social engineering.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide