Forums46
Topics538,347
Posts9,736,088
Members87,082
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: HEADSHOT] #6265447 04/18/16 06:46 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: HEADSHOT
SFP 1 POST SERIOUSLY???? are you real?

to bring up a topic from 2013? which was positive! then try and destroy this outfitter? not cool! maybe if STHO was a scam sure, but they aren'. and they offer low fence, hunting, javelina, hogs, deer, turkey!

that said, HHHMMMM?

well I can say having hunted with Haiden, and his staff we (fiancé and I) got exactly what was offered. I have hunted hogs, seen javelina, and hunted turkey with Haiden. Also since I have hunted with him past 5 years, I have allowed my service's to be used and filmed a few clients on his property during hog/deer season. I have seen numerous animals on his lands all mentioned above.

im sorry to hear your experience wasn't what you thought it would be. But I can say STHO is a functional outfitter who in my opinion offers some of the finest hunting in South Texas.

that said, why are people creating new accounts to negatively influence this post from 2013? the drama from this post... sounds like the outfitter already tried to make an offer.... I feel for both parties involved but to search out a post from 2013 and blast him and his company is not cool! high fence hunting is the only real guarantee and that's if the outfitter has a dead one if you miss one that you can have!

your hunting low fence in south texas! that's real texas hunting! high fence is great if you don't miss! (by the way I have missed a shot on a high fence hunt)

im not saying people will never have a negative experience, but there is truly better ways to handle it then bring a post back from the dead (2013) and then hammer a company with BBB im pretty sure STHO will do everything they can and do everything to make it a positive hunt!

I don't see all the drama you keep referring to. I see opinions. I see stated facts as believed by both parties involved.

I will say from my perspective it's not helping when you and Haiden post things like "I can't believe all this drama" and "let the trolling begin..." when opinions are posted. I can assure you posts like this are not helping.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Wildcatforlife] #6265448 04/18/16 06:46 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Looks pretty straightforward to me as to what happened. The post attempting to answer the detailed account of the hunt was not very helpful to the cause. Pretty much just confirmed the account with some excusifying added.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: jeffbird] #6265457 04/18/16 06:54 PM
S
STXHO Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

Last edited by STXHO; 04/19/16 06:58 AM.
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Wildcatforlife] #6265464 04/18/16 07:01 PM
E
Erich Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
all this disaster over some stinking javelina. They are all over deep south and west texas. If they are present on a ranch that would be obvious and known.

Outdoorsman
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Wildcatforlife] #6265466 04/18/16 07:04 PM
E
Erich Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
anyone who hunted on the place even one year would know whether they were there or not. If I was hiring a guide for game I would be hiring because he knew the animals were there and he knew where/how to find them. not on the off chance that I might haphazardly see one.

Outdoorsman
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: STXHO] #6265467 04/18/16 07:05 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: STXHO
Originally Posted By: jeffbird
I think I have an educated guess on SFP's i.d. If he is who I think, he knows that ranch very well, as evidenced to naming the pasture with the blind Steve T posted.

So he and I have both hunted this ranch. There are no javelina there.

Really? Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they aren't there. RTP, SFP, and Jeffbird may have hunted that ranch for years but you haven't hunted there in the last year. Its very easy to jump on the train and ridicule someone when you don't know the facts. Like I said before- The outfitter is always the bad guy when a disgruntled hunter complains. Most of my business is repeat business for a reason. Steve Plants first post was a chance to make a jab at me (pretty convenient). If there wasn't any javelina on that ranch I would not of booked him for the place. The $ he paid is minimal to me, (with all due respect), I hunted him there for a reason and it didn't work out. This was not worth the trouble and time it has cost both of us. My reputation is far more important to me than the cost of his hunt, I do not need to constantly defend myself on a public debate with a group of what is in my opinion middle aged men who have nothing better to do than debate on the internet all day.

roflmao

I have no dog in this fight. But..... the more you post the more I believe the op.

If your reputation was so important to you then why didn't you resolve this by refunding his money? If the money isn't worth mentioning like you just posted? You could of avoided all this bad publicity which would of been a prudent business decision. I don't wish you any harm with your business and hopefully you can get his resolved and lay this all to rest.

But when you start insulting what is your core market for your business (middle aged men) because of facts and opinions being posted you had best quit while your ahead. up

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: STXHO] #6265469 04/18/16 07:08 PM
J
jeffbird Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
I think I have an educated guess on SFP's i.d. If he is who I think, he knows that ranch very well, as evidenced to naming the pasture with the blind Steve T posted.

Really? Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they aren't there. RTP, SFP, and Jeffbird may have hunted that ranch for years but you haven't hunted there in the last year. Its very easy to jump on the train and ridicule someone when you don't know the facts. Like I said before- The outfitter is always the bad guy when a disgruntled hunter complains. Most of my business is repeat business for a reason. Steve Plants first post was a chance to make a jab at me (pretty convenient). If there wasn't any javelina on that ranch I would not of booked him for the place. The $ he paid is minimal to me, (with all due respect), I hunted him there for a reason and it didn't work out. This was not worth the trouble and time it has cost both of us. My reputation is far more important to me than the cost of his hunt, I do not need to constantly defend myself on a public debate with a group of what is in my opinion middle aged men who have nothing better to do than debate on the internet all day.

Really. I wish you no bad luck and was willing to leave the door open that you were sick and because the boss was out sick, things got mixed up and inadvertent mistakes were made, which could be fixed.

Instead, you going down this path is only digging the hole deeper and removing the honest mistake option from consideration.

If your reputation means something, you'd own a mistake and refund this man his money including the travel costs.

Instead, you make excuses and attack those who are presenting some facts as well as your own customers.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Wildcatforlife] #6265473 04/18/16 07:10 PM
H
HEADSHOT Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Anyone can post anything, sure I'm just saying there's better ways to handle an experience your not happy with. In my opinion this is harassment. To find a post from 2013, then express negative opinions. the issue is, a unhappy customer. I think there are batter ways to handle this than a public hunting forum. If the outfitter was a scam, yes speak up! But the fact is STHO and its employee's are not a scam! The property's they hunt off of are not a scam! They offer great hunts, and yes obviously the hunter was not happy. But that should stay between outfitter and hunter! To do what has been done in my opinion that is not right. Then create fake profile's. I'm just saying there is way better ways to handle this scenario

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Wildcatforlife] #6265517 04/18/16 07:35 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I am glad that I am old and not middle aged. It is raining outside and I have nothing better to do than haggle on the internet. But since i am old and this doesn't involve me I guess I will just read what the middle aged have to say about this.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: HEADSHOT] #6265533 04/18/16 07:44 PM
K
kdkane1971 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
Anyone can post anything, sure I'm just saying there's better ways to handle an experience your not happy with. In my opinion this is harassment. To find a post from 2013, then express negative opinions. the issue is, a unhappy customer. I think there are batter ways to handle this than a public hunting forum. If the outfitter was a scam, yes speak up! But the fact is STHO and its employee's are not a scam! The property's they hunt off of are not a scam! They offer great hunts, and yes obviously the hunter was not happy. But that should stay between outfitter and hunter! To do what has been done in my opinion that is not right. Then create fake profile's. I'm just saying there is way better ways to handle this scenario

Which of the profiles are fake, sir? Please report them so the Mods can take action.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: STXHO] #6265552 04/18/16 08:04 PM
S
Steve T Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S

If this is the case (I added the bold and green emphasis to Haiden's comment) then please issue a full refund to me. I would be happy to provide receipts for travel costs as well since the dollars are "minimal" to you.

Thank you,
Steve

Last edited by Steve T; 04/18/16 08:09 PM.
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: HEADSHOT] #6265621 04/18/16 08:54 PM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

There actually are few, if any, better ways to handle the accusations than a public hunting forum. What, in your mind, would be the better option, if you're still un satisfied with the outfitter's response? Send it to the local news?

Also, harassment has a definition, and Steve's original post isn't it.

Lastly, it hasn't been determined yet if Steve was scammed, but nothing the outfitter has responded with seems to have changed anyone's mind on the possibility that he was scammed, or at least mislead to believe he would be hunting a property with Javelinas.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Wildcatforlife] #6265773 04/18/16 10:12 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I was wrong I have to respond. Give him all the money back he gave you. You are not responsible for his travel expenses. He should have checked more who he was paying. Chalk that up to him. There is a lot of "Craw Fishing" on where he was taken to hunt and if there was really any of the game he paid for available. I don't have a dog in this fight and I don't know who is telling it like it really is. but I see two who might loose a lot of trust from all on here before it is all said and done. Take this from an old man who has been through it all.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: STXHO] #6265783 04/18/16 10:22 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
...The $ he paid is minimal to me, (with all due respect)...

"That's a bold statement."

Businessmen write refund checks. Posers post on the internet insulting others that post on the internet.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: don k] #6265785 04/18/16 10:23 PM
J
J-A Whitetails and outfitters Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
J
Originally Posted By: don k
I am glad that I am old and not middle aged. It is raining outside and I have nothing better to do than haggle on the internet. But since i am old and this doesn't involve me I guess I will just read what the middle aged have to say about this.

Amen to that!!! I understand mistakes were probably made intentional or not, we are only human!!!! I'm there with ya don k it's raining and I can't work and do what I need to do either and this doesn't involve me at all but at 30 years old reading all of this and listening to what all is said I feel like 30 going on 60!! Ps not cool on the middle aged comments. Seriously guys they are just a bunch of nasty stinky no good for nothing (except causing a big stink obviously) big [censored] rodents that are actually a heck of a lot of fun to hunt especially with a bow!!!!! By the way I'm flat eat up with javelina!! Can promise ya one thing you either have them or don't and you can dang sure tell if you have them, especially if you have feeders set out because they are the first ones to the feeders and the last ones to leave and buddy let me tell y'all they dang sure don't miss a meal! Sooo I'm going to go back to haggling I front of this handy ol computer in my hand just cuz I'm just too dang middle aged and board to do anything else with all this wonderful rain we are receiving!!! Good day!

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Wildcatforlife] #6265793 04/18/16 10:27 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
And as far as "middle-aged", we're a dam sight more cunning than you, ya' little $#@^!

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Creekrunner] #6265803 04/18/16 10:30 PM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Creekrunner
...The $ he paid is minimal to me, (with all due respect)...

"That's a bold statement."

Businessmen write refund checks. Posers post on the internet insulting others that post on the internet.

yeah oldest saying in the book is "the customer is always right" - word of mouth and reputation is all any business owner has IMO. Been in business 36 years and even if I am right, I am wrong if need be. An unhappy customer will cost you way way more than a refund.

You can't fix stupid
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Wildcatforlife] #6265840 04/18/16 10:49 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
although I agree in principle with "the customer is always right" theory ... with the internet, your name/business can be trashed way too easily by the keyboard quarterback and often times you do have to stand on your own principles after bending over backwards to a certain degree. If I have a beef with someone, I will work it out like gentlemen to where ever it leads between the parties directly involved ... not some to an open public forum ... but that's me.

carry on

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Creekrunner] #6265842 04/18/16 10:50 PM
J
Light Foot
Light Foot
J
And as far as "middle-aged", we're a dam sight more cunning than you, ya' little $#@^!
woahhhh easy now don't get too excited!! What would your definition of dam sight more cunning be exactly?? You don't know this lil $#@^!!!! I'm not here to take sides with either party. Just could t help myself after reading dons post!

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: PMK] #6265851 04/18/16 11:01 PM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: PMK
although I agree in principle with "the customer is always right" theory ... with the internet, your name/business can be trashed way too easily by the keyboard quarterback and often times you do have to stand on your own principles after bending over backwards to a certain degree. If I have a beef with someone, I will work it out like gentlemen to where ever it leads between the parties directly involved ... not some to an open public forum ... but that's me.

carry on

You are correct - however, if a customer tries to reason and the business blows them off then a public forum is very useful. Certainly there are customers who are impossible to deal with - but in todays world with public forums a business owner will lose far more. Many, many people in todays world google a business for reviews (including me) - if there is a trend of negative customer reviews then folks will move on - right or wrong it is the world we live in. SOOOOOOOO, again - as a business owner you are better, overall, appeasing the customer - period. Not saying it is right - it is what it is.

You can't fix stupid
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: J-A Whitetails and outfitters] #6265902 04/18/16 11:29 PM
J
Light Foot
Light Foot
J
Originally Posted By: J&k hunting guide service
woahhhh easy now don't get too excited!! What would your definition of dam sight more cunning be exactly?? You don't know this lil $#@^!!!! I'm not here to take sides with either party. Just could t help myself after reading dons post!

Also by saying that about don k's post, I was dang sure not insulting him by any means. I look up to people like don and his generation along with the comments he has made in this ordeal a lot more than I would you creek runner. Especially when making judgment on outfitters being hand to mouth and couldn't cough up a refund even if they wanted to. Pretty bold statement. Not all outfitters or guides are the same here. Like I said you don't know this lil $#@/!!

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: J-A Whitetails and outfitters] #6265904 04/18/16 11:31 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Wasn't pointed at you young man, but the "outfitter" that tried to insult folks that post on the internet...while posting on the internet. Kind of ironic.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: J-A Whitetails and outfitters] #6265911 04/18/16 11:36 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Also by saying that about don k's post, I was dang sure not insulting him by any means. I look up to people like don and his generation along with the comments he has made in this ordeal a lot more than I would you creek runner. Especially when making judgment on outfitters being hand to mouth and couldn't cough up a refund even if they wanted to. Pretty bold statement. Not all outfitters or guides are the same here. Like I said you don't know this lil $#@/!!

Whatever kid. 'Glad you got it outa your system. Great way to promote your own business, by the way.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Wildcatforlife] #6265929 04/18/16 11:46 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Wildcatforlife] #6265991 04/19/16 12:17 AM
J
Light Foot
Light Foot
J
Honestly sir was not trying to insult anybody here. I'm not taking anybody's side here on account that I don't know the whole story here. I'm with you on the insults coming from the outfitter. Not a fan. It just kind of struck a nerve when I read the comment about not being able to come up with a refund when I look up to people that live life with good morals and values. With that being said I do everything possible to be up front and honest (obviously) with all of my hunters and do whatever I can to give them success when hunting with me. If something goes wrong then I do what it takes to make it right. I was honestly not even going to comment on any of this and just got a kick out of dons post and how I'm right there with him on his ideas and thoughts about the whole subject. The comment that was made by the outfitter that insulted the majority of his customers gives us outfitters a bad rep in general again not a fan. All I am trying to get out of this here is that when people spend money they expect success and I do (NOT) want people to think all outfitters here are bad. By the way I am of the younger gen but live life like the old along with my technology so I made the comment about not looking up to you creek runner I'm sorry for that. My old tech is slow to refresh or update so couldn't see your comment before the last. Like I said we are only human and I was quick to judge again I'm sorry but all of this whole ordeal can be fixed very easily without the back and forth. It is good to advise people on who to use and who not and as a hunter I would be very grateful to hear others opinions on the subject. Especially if people are spending their hard earned money towards something they love and placing their trust in those that take advantage. It turns people to hate something the love doing. It is not hard to do the right thing towards those that give you their trust. I have close to a hundred thousand acres to hunt and have taken hunters out the majority of my lifetime and have not had any complaints yet. We all make mistakes but it is how you handle those mistakes to make a right determines the kind of person you are in life which goes to everything not just guiding or hunting. Hope y'all can make a right here.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide