Re: Game Wardens [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5917800 09/08/15 11:32 AM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: titan2232
I don't have much of an opinion on whether teachers are overpaid or underpaid, but I will point out most supporting them are teachers themselves or have close family that are teachers. I imagine putting up with snot nose kids can be tough, but time off and the pay grade seems "reasonable".

Two of my better friends wives are teachers and they DO have it made. They probably don't put the effort into it that a lot of others do though. They teacher pre-k so how hard could it be? Throw so crayons at em and make sure they don't eat glue sticks

roflmao

Maybe that's because they know firsthand about the facts/demands of teaching, instead of just spewing crap on a keyboard.

?

Re: Game Wardens [Re: txtrophy85] #5917987 09/08/15 02:05 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
How in the hell are yall comparing teachers and Leo's?

I'm sorry, teachers arnt pulling over drunks, pursuing burglers and other assorted felons and putting their lives out there every day

I'm not pro or anti leo nor pro or anti education I know lazy and hardworking people in both professions but comparing the two is apples and oranges

Winner! ....but I'm PRO both! Maybe if we had "more" good teachers & parents, we would need "less" LEO's!

Last edited by Hunt n Fish; 09/08/15 02:07 PM.

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: Game Wardens [Re: dogcatcher] #5918028 09/08/15 02:33 PM
D
duckbill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Originally Posted By: General Guts
Originally Posted By: RedRanger
Originally Posted By: DannyB
I'm as pro-LEO as anyone, and believe they should get paid well. However, our educators are about I think, at the last ranking I saw, second from the bottom in the country on the pay scale. That is just wrong!

Still overpaid, They get 3 months off for summer and every holiday known to man off also.

If you can't work, then teach........

I bet $100.00 you would not last in a room full of 1st graders...No swearing, threatening or touching... you just have to take it ...

Make it Special Ed and I would bet 95 out of 100 couldn't cut it for a month.

Exactly right! My wife gets to deal with attorneys for the sp. ed. kids. Talk about a pain in the rear. The amount of paperwork involved is astounding.

Originally Posted By: LandPirate
Yeah, don't listen to me. I'm just an idiot.

Originally Posted By: East
Lol. Duckbill that was funny!

Originally Posted By: thecoach
The dude up top has already taken lots of bone before this deer, both mule and whitetail.
Re: Game Wardens [Re: Hunt n Fish] #5918035 09/08/15 02:38 PM
D
duckbill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Hunt n Fish
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
How in the hell are yall comparing teachers and Leo's?

I'm sorry, teachers arnt pulling over drunks, pursuing burglers and other assorted felons and putting their lives out there every day

I'm not pro or anti leo nor pro or anti education I know lazy and hardworking people in both professions but comparing the two is apples and oranges

Maybe if we had "more" good teachers & parents, we would need "less" LEO's!

I had the same thought, but I place a heck of a lot more emphasis on the parents. Teachers today are unable to teach like they did while I was going through school, and definitely not like when you were going through school. Our society won't allow it, hence the need for additional LEOs today.

Originally Posted By: LandPirate
Yeah, don't listen to me. I'm just an idiot.

Originally Posted By: East
Lol. Duckbill that was funny!

Originally Posted By: thecoach
The dude up top has already taken lots of bone before this deer, both mule and whitetail.
Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex] #5918467 09/08/15 06:56 PM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
There's no such thing as being underpaid, it's a free market.

popcorn

Last edited by TexFlip; 09/08/15 06:57 PM.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Game Wardens [Re: TexFlip] #5919301 09/09/15 02:44 AM
M
mark3 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
Nice

Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex] #5919331 09/09/15 03:00 AM
B
BowsnRods Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
My wife is a Teacher and I am a LEO. I would say for the time she spends at school with her children she is under paid, but she has a job she loves. I am glad to have had a job for the last 27yrs as a LEO, but I dont enjoy it near as much as I used to. I am always worried about civil liability now, when I should just be concerned with going home to my family each night. I am glad I am getting close to retirement, but for those LEO'S just starting out I worry. The society as we know it has changed and not for the better, we have become soft in our ways which has become very dangerous. If he acts like a thug, treat him as such! I have been in many a close call but always rememberd I will go home to my family at the end of my watch.

Last edited by BowsnRods; 09/09/15 03:02 AM.
Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex] #5919467 09/09/15 04:32 AM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
My pop retired from the Dallas PD in 1976. He said society had changed and not for the better as well. We will always feel that way, or so it seems. Everything in the past was always better than today.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex] #5919632 09/09/15 01:08 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Out of all the girls I went to college with and family members that are teachers, I don't think any of them put in near the hours people are talking about except the two that are ag teachers, they put in some time.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Game Wardens [Re: redchevy] #5919814 09/09/15 02:47 PM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: redchevy
Out of all the girls I went to college with and family members that are teachers, I don't think any of them put in near the hours people are talking about except the two that are ag teachers, they put in some time.

You must not know any coaches.

Re: Game Wardens [Re: Choctaw] #5919820 09/09/15 02:49 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: Choctaw

Ill mend that and say one of em is a coach and she is married to a coach and they live at the school. The ones that are just straight up teachers brag about their schedule, and most seem to think they are paid pretty well.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Game Wardens [Re: redchevy] #5919844 09/09/15 03:01 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q

That might be true of elementary teachers, but HS teachers put in quite a few hours. My wife teaches HS science and engineering and also coaches robotics. She leaves about 8, comes home around 7 if she's lucky, and several days a week grades papers for a couple of hours more or works on lesson plans and writes tests. Additionally, she spent five weeks of her 'summer off' in various trainings, all of which were out of town. There is some inefficiency in her work, but I guarantee she still puts in at least as many hours as somebody working a full-time annual job.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Game Wardens [Re: redchevy] #5919960 09/09/15 03:57 PM
C
Choctaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Choctaw

Ill mend that and say one of em is a coach and she is married to a coach and they live at the school. The ones that are just straight up teachers brag about their schedule, and most seem to think they are paid pretty well.

Exactly. Friday night through Saturday afternoon the football coaches literally live at the ATC.

Re: Game Wardens [Re: RedRanger] #5923907 09/11/15 04:43 PM
A
ALM TXhunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
A
Originally Posted By: RedRanger
Originally Posted By: DannyB
I'm as pro-LEO as anyone, and believe they should get paid well. However, our educators are about I think, at the last ranking I saw, second from the bottom in the country on the pay scale. That is just wrong!

Still overpaid, They get 3 months off for summer and every holiday known to man off also.

If you can't work, then teach........

You are dead on if this comment was directed at college professors.

Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex] #5925130 09/12/15 01:59 PM
G
gunnut81 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
I don't know if they got the raise or not but one thing is for sure we need more of them. I don't believe there are as many wardens as counties in Texas and 1 per county isn't enough.

Endowment Life member NRA
there are a few bad republicans but there are no good democrats
(Ann Coulter)
Re: Game Wardens [Re: gunnut81] #5925826 09/13/15 01:48 AM
texassippi Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Originally Posted By: gunnut81
I don't know if they got the raise or not but one thing is for sure we need more of them. I don't believe there are as many wardens as counties in Texas and 1 per county isn't enough.

There are a lot of counties that have more than 1 warden

Re: Game Wardens [Re: Paluxy] #6055685 11/29/15 09:48 AM
K
kelley350x Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Hancock
To the OP, best I can tell DPS is playing catchup to GW pay. Not a bad pay scale.

http://www.dps.texas.gov/trainingacademy/recruiting/benefits.htm

Do I read that correctly? Pay starts at $55,481 when you start the academy? That's awesome..
It also states that a 50 hour work week.. $19.37 per hour to go to the academy is pretty dang good.

Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex] #6055857 11/29/15 03:12 PM
B
bp3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
19.37 per hour and Walmart paying 15 and the wardens have to have a college degree. They deserve ever dime they make as do troopers and police officers rifle

Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex] #6055909 11/29/15 04:01 PM
T
Texmel Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Educators in Okla qualify for Food Stamps. Outlook for a pay raise is very very dim.

Re: Game Wardens [Re: kelley350x] #6056041 11/29/15 05:18 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Alright, who here is wanting to pay a lot more taxes? That is the only way teachers, wardens, and other civil servants are going to get more money. Beyond that, they volunteer for the job.

Originally Posted By: kelley350x
Originally Posted By: Hancock
To the OP, best I can tell DPS is playing catchup to GW pay. Not a bad pay scale.

http://www.dps.texas.gov/trainingacademy/recruiting/benefits.htm

Do I read that correctly? Pay starts at $55,481 when you start the academy? That's awesome..
It also states that a 50 hour work week.. $19.37 per hour to go to the academy is pretty dang good.

Well, they get better than that, still not enough, but significantly more per hour than you indicate. You assumed a 52 week work year with no time off. Let's not forget that they accrue 12 days of vacation per year and 12 days of sick leave per year, all paid, plus additional holiday time. They also have an extensive state benefit package.

Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex] #6056747 11/29/15 11:39 PM
J
Jkd106 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Ok,I have read most of the post. Some are ignorant, some understandable and some spot on. I have many friends in LE, and my wife is a teacher. I believe the troopers deserve every penny plus some, I also think teachers deserve a raise. I know some larger school districts pay more, but my wife has been teaching 10 years, has a masters degree and barely makes 40k. When you turn on your TV on sunday afternoon, just think about this, we pay a guy millions to catch or throw a ball, but pay people who defend us, save lives,or teach our kids, crumbs in comparison.

Re: Game Wardens [Re: Jkd106] #6056887 11/30/15 12:33 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Jkd106
When you turn on your TV on sunday afternoon, just think about this, we pay a guy millions to catch or throw a ball, but pay people who defend us, save lives,or teach our kids, crumbs in comparison.

Yep, that is the way it works and we pay for it to work that way. Actors, sports figures, etc. are entertainers with talent and are held in higher regard than civil servants.

Re: Game Wardens [Re: Jkd106] #6057065 11/30/15 01:46 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Jkd106
Ok,I have read most of the post. Some are ignorant, some understandable and some spot on. I have many friends in LE, and my wife is a teacher. I believe the troopers deserve every penny plus some, I also think teachers deserve a raise. I know some larger school districts pay more, but my wife has been teaching 10 years, has a masters degree and barely makes 40k. When you turn on your TV on sunday afternoon, just think about this, we pay a guy millions to catch or throw a ball, but pay people who defend us, save lives,or teach our kids, crumbs in comparison.

Dead on - I taught five years and gave it up because my family was starving. My son is an LEO and puts his life on the line every day for very average pay. My daughter teaches special education and makes minimal money. All of you who say they are "overpaid" go try wiping a special ed kid's butt after they go to the bath --- room try it for one day and tell me they are overpaid.

So many people are clueless what all is involved. Two of the most important parts of our society are education and safety - and the general public is clueless about what it takes to do either. Take them away and people would raise hell to get them back

Last edited by tlk; 11/30/15 01:49 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex] #6057122 11/30/15 02:05 AM
D
Dalee7892 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Not only are the teachers under paid they buy a lot of supplies out of their own money for the kids, my mother did.
They both get back talk, cussed at, kids/adults don't care - I couldn't do it and keep my cool without slapping the snot out of someone.

Re: Game Wardens [Re: silentex] #6057230 11/30/15 02:45 AM
D
D-Day Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Spend a week with a teacher...it will blow your mind and change your opinion of their work load and their pay.

Ask a community to raise their taxes to pay for a $60 million dollar bond package to increase teacher pay and you'd be laughed at for being a moron, ask a community to raise taxes to pay for a $60 million high school football stadium and you'd be considered a right-minded genius.

Which option benefits students more in the long run? It's strange what communities value today.

The dog is a gentleman, I want to go to his Heaven not man's.--Mark Twain

If dogs don't go to Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.--Will Rogers

The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.--Mark Twain
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide