Forums46
Topics538,077
Posts9,732,725
Members87,065
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: ChadTRG42] #5655810 03/18/15 02:18 AM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Concho
Originally Posted By: cdoan02
do your own research......I dont have time for fools.

I already have. That's why I'm 100% confident you will fail to find any facts that support your opinion. My opinion, however, has 44 states with open carry history to support it.

Do you need me to look up the definition of fool for you?

Grisham Oregon......google is your friend.

Awesome! Let us have rational debate. Of course I know about William Coleman III of Gresham, OR. (not Grisham... I think that's an author)

I read plenty of different news sites, including quite a few gun sites, and will admit I'm quite biased. I definitely favor more individual liberties for American citizens, including gun rights. Even if I was a liberal gun hater, I'd recognize this story, as it was a beating drum for all the liberal gun haters, and splashed across every news outlet across America. Being the one incident that proves open carry is BAAAaaAaaaaaad. (That was a sheep reference... But I digress.)

Being the typical Asian I am, I researched... I have to admit, I originally read this when it happened, as it was on thetruthaboutguns.com... Which is admittedly biased in favor of firearms rights! But I recognize they are biased, and fact check them, as much as I do liberal sites. Anyhow, what I found was this:

Mr. William Coleman III purchased a new pistol, and strapped it to his hip. Then he went on a walkabout in the neighborhood, with his cousin. While kicking it on the street, near 172nd and Glisan, a tall fellow came up, and asked for a cigarette. Mr. Coleman gave him one. The tall fellow then commented on the gun on Mr. Coleman's hip, pulled his own firearm, and demanded Mr. Coleman's firearm. Tall fellow then fled.

So, you, liberal rags, gun haters, open carry haters, and those whose opinions differ from mine point to this incident and say, SEE! Just like I said. I told you that if people open carried, then the criminals will just target them and steal their guns. If this guy had not been open carrying, then he would never have been robbed. BLOOD IN THE STREETS.

As for me, I simply see it differently. This man was targeted for robbery, not because he was open carrying, but because he was standing with his cousin near the corner of 172nd and Glisan in Gresham, OR at 2:00AM. If you care to check, that city has an extremely high crime rate, including roughly 2 1/2 times more ROBBERIES than the U.S. average. They also like to rape, burglarize homes, steal cars, etc. more than the average bear. You can see, here:

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/or/gresham/crime/

I believe it to be inaccurate to say open carry led to Mr. Coleman being robbed, and would instead say that being out on the street in a bad neighborhood of Portland at 2:00am led to him being robbed.

Another thing... Mr. Coleman's open carry piece wasn't even loaded. The county that he was in doesn't allow an open carry handgun to be loaded. You can't even have a loaded mag in your pocket without a CHL in that county. So, don't open carry if you can't have it loaded. Makes carrying a weapon pointless.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/10...d-required-law/

There is also that one Milwaukee incident... Which we can discuss if we like. Those are the only 2 I know of, and I was prepared to discuss either one. If there is another you know about, I'd be happy to discuss it with you as well... Although I understand nothing I say will change your opinion, I still felt like writing it. So thank you for the opportunity!

44 states enacting open carry over a period of how many years? I'm confident things ain't gonna get bloody here.

Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: Concho] #5655818 03/18/15 02:22 AM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
I guess I dont get my apology.....CDoan???????

Yes. I apologize for disappearing. I was forced to eat pigs in a blanket with nachos while watching House of Cards. Then I got chastised for taking so long to write that last reply. Now I have to finish watching this next episode. But I miss you. We should hold hands.

Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: cdoan02] #5655824 03/18/15 02:25 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

I already have. That's why I'm 100% confident you will fail to find any facts that support your opinion. My opinion, however, has 44 states with open carry history to support it.

Grisham Oregon......google is your friend.

Awesome! Let us have rational debate. Of course I know about William Coleman III of Gresham, OR. (not Grisham... I think that's an author)

I read plenty of different news sites, including quite a few gun sites, and will admit I'm quite biased. I definitely favor more individual liberties for American citizens, including gun rights. Even if I was a liberal gun hater, I'd recognize this story, as it was a beating drum for all the liberal gun haters, and splashed across every news outlet across America. Being the one incident that proves open carry is BAAAaaAaaaaaad. (That was a sheep reference... But I digress.)

Being the typical Asian I am, I researched... I have to admit, I originally read this when it happened, as it was on thetruthaboutguns.com... Which is admittedly biased in favor of firearms rights! But I recognize they are biased, and fact check them, as much as I do liberal sites. Anyhow, what I found was this:

Mr. William Coleman III purchased a new pistol, and strapped it to his hip. Then he went on a walkabout in the neighborhood, with his cousin. While kicking it on the street, near 172nd and Glisan, a tall fellow came up, and asked for a cigarette. Mr. Coleman gave him one. The tall fellow then commented on the gun on Mr. Coleman's hip, pulled his own firearm, and demanded Mr. Coleman's firearm. Tall fellow then fled.

So, you, liberal rags, gun haters, open carry haters, and those whose opinions differ from mine point to this incident and say, SEE! Just like I said. I told you that if people open carried, then the criminals will just target them and steal their guns. If this guy had not been open carrying, then he would never have been robbed. BLOOD IN THE STREETS.

As for me, I simply see it differently. This man was targeted for robbery, not because he was open carrying, but because he was standing with his cousin near the corner of 172nd and Glisan in Gresham, OR at 2:00AM. If you care to check, that city has an extremely high crime rate, including roughly 2 1/2 times more ROBBERIES than the U.S. average. They also like to rape, burglarize homes, steal cars, etc. more than the average bear. You can see, here:

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/or/gresham/crime/

I believe it to be inaccurate to say open carry led to Mr. Coleman being robbed, and would instead say that being out on the street in a bad neighborhood of Portland at 2:00am led to him being robbed.

Another thing... Mr. Coleman's open carry piece wasn't even loaded. The county that he was in doesn't allow an open carry handgun to be loaded. You can't even have a loaded mag in your pocket without a CHL in that county. So, don't open carry if you can't have it loaded. Makes carrying a weapon pointless.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/10...d-required-law/

There is also that one Milwaukee incident... Which we can discuss if we like. Those are the only 2 I know of, and I was prepared to discuss either one. If there is another you know about, I'd be happy to discuss it with you as well... Although I understand nothing I say will change your opinion, I still felt like writing it. So thank you for the opportunity!

44 states enacting open carry over a period of how many years? I'm confident things ain't gonna get bloody here.

hahahahaha.....ok sparky......whatever you say......hahahaha......really thats all you have???????

Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: Concho] #5655827 03/18/15 02:26 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Well, you kind of came off as the all-knowing, never wrong Concho that we know and love and called him a fool right off the bat when a simple, "here is a case where it happened, please feel free to read this link," but I guess it's easier to call someone a fool and then expect an apology from your thrown in Concho Castle.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: ChadTRG42] #5655828 03/18/15 02:26 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
what does Asian have to do with the discussion...... troll

Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: ChadTRG42] #5655831 03/18/15 02:27 AM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
I haven't read the previous posts, but I won't be carrying "open". However, I support the bill because I worry about being busted by an LEO because they can see my weapon, somehow, in my vehicle. I think LEOS on here have said that they will walk around a vehicle from all angles to see if they can spot a handgun.

Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #5655836 03/18/15 02:28 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Well, you kind of came off as the all-knowing, never wrong Concho that we know and love and called him a fool right off the bat when a simple, "here is a case where it happened, please feel free to read this link," but I guess it's easier to call someone a fool and then expect an apology from your thrown in Concho Castle.

Duck, my confrontation with CDoan goes back a while......my apologizes if you were offended.

Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: ChadTRG42] #5655837 03/18/15 02:29 AM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Yes. Other than those 2 incidents that come up over pages and pages of Google, I've found many more incidents of people being robbed of their conceal carry. Some might say that means open carrying DECREASES the chance of being robbed, I won't. I'll just say that standing on the street in a high crime area known for armed robberies at 2am with an unloaded gun on your hip increases your chance of being robbed.

Last edited by cdoan02; 03/18/15 02:30 AM. Reason: Typing too fast. Getting yelled at.
Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: postoak] #5655839 03/18/15 02:30 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: postoak
I haven't read the previous posts, but I won't be carrying "open". However, I support the bill because I worry about being busted by an LEO because they can see my weapon, somehow, in my vehicle. I think LEOS on here have said that they will walk around a vehicle from all angles to see if they can spot a handgun.

I dont know about all that, if you are a law abiding person, by all means exercise your rights.

Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: Concho] #5655844 03/18/15 02:32 AM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

Duck, my confrontation with CDoan goes back a while......my apologizes if you were offended.

It wouldn't matter what I said... Concho will call me names, and I will destroy his worthless arguments. It's love hate. He hates me, but I love him.

Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: Concho] #5655845 03/18/15 02:32 AM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
what does Asian have to do with the discussion...... troll

I'm a racist troll.

Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: Concho] #5655846 03/18/15 02:34 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

No need to apologize to me.

[Linked Image]
Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: cdoan02] #5655851 03/18/15 02:36 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Yes. Other than those 2 incidents that come up over pages and pages of Google, I've found many more incidents of people being robbed of their conceal carry. Some might say that means open carrying DECREASES the chance of being robbed, I won't. I'll just say that standing on the street in a high crime area known for armed robberies at 2am with an unloaded gun on your hip increases your chance of being robbed.

I would have agreed with you on that issue, but that isnt what you stated earlier.....make up your mind do you want to talk about concealed or open carry? There are people out there who are going to be robbed of their guns just like some get their wallets taken.

Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: IHateFeralPigs] #5655853 03/18/15 02:38 AM
L
Lazyjack Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted By: IHateFeralPigs
I won't Open Carry my pistol but i will have less concerns about printing or accidently showing it from under concealment. Open Carry will get yourself attention and i am a fairly shy person... rolleyes

I share this thought process.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: ChadTRG42] #5655858 03/18/15 02:40 AM
R
rfamilyhunting Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
If it does become legal, I will not purposely open carry just like I will not openly carry a dead deer across my hood going down the highway. If it's accidentally seen, okay, no problem. Antagonizing people with things that might be offensive will not help the cause for your children and grandchildren. It might be legal but there are those with little man syndrome that feel the need to make us all look bad.

Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: rfamilyhunting] #5655866 03/18/15 02:43 AM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: rfamilyhunting
If it does become legal, I will not purposely open carry just like I will not openly carry a dead deer across my hood going down the highway. If it's accidentally seen, okay, no problem. Antagonizing people with things that might be offensive will not help the cause for your children and grandchildren. It might be legal but there are those with little man syndrome that feel the need to make us all look bad.

if you have to open carry to be a real man????? who has the little man syndrome?

Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: Superduty] #5655874 03/18/15 02:46 AM
L
Lazyjack Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted By: Superduty
Originally Posted By: General Guts
What is the personal need to open carry? Carry but don't show it.... confused2

Comfort, easily accessible. A possible deterrent.

A visual display will only be a deterrent to some folks. Most bad guys now have nothing to lose a no regard for consequences. But being free of accidental display will enable the good guys to be prepared.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: rfamilyhunting] #5655876 03/18/15 02:48 AM
Chickenman Online Shocked
Extremely Right Wing
Online Shocked
Extremely Right Wing
Originally Posted By: rfamilyhunting

Which do you consider antagonizing, the deer or open carry part? Or both?

[Linked Image]
Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: ChadTRG42] #5655887 03/18/15 02:53 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I thought accidental display and or printing was already not a violation. Wasn't that cleared up a year or two ago with an amendment?

[Linked Image]
Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: Buckeyesgt] #5655892 03/18/15 02:57 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Buckeyesgt
Originally Posted By: John2
Why would anybody want to lose the element of surprise ?.

Why do Police Officers wear uniforms?

I'd conceal most of the time but the option is nice.

Because we look sexy in them banana

Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: cdoan02] #5655903 03/18/15 03:01 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

So much for 100% confidence. You always have an excuse when you get called out. You and I have been around and around before, and you were wrong then rolleyes

Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #5655913 03/18/15 03:09 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
I thought accidental display and or printing was already not a violation. Wasn't that cleared up a year or two ago with an amendment?

I already said that, yet no one wants to acknowledge that. Good luck with them acknowledging you, lol.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: KWood_TSU] #5655929 03/18/15 03:21 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: KWood_TSU

I already said that, yet no one wants to acknowledge that. Good luck with them acknowledging you, lol.

roflmao I'll acknowledge that I've noticed that phenomenon, too. Make a point of fact and everyone keeps arguing something that is false or not part of the issue.

[Linked Image]
Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #5655939 03/18/15 03:25 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: KWood_TSU

roflmao I'll acknowledge that I've noticed that phenomenon, too. Make a point of fact and everyone keeps arguing something that is false or not part of the issue.

Reading and understanding isn't a strong suit in the OT

Re: Open Carry Poll- Will/Would you open carry? [Re: ChadTRG42] #5655959 03/18/15 03:37 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
+1

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide