Forums46
Topics538,050
Posts9,732,362
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 9 of 45 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 44 45
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5571175 01/29/15 06:46 PM
C
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
nothing but positive reviews from our customers...... lol35

I'm a terrible shot but I follow up with a grenade!
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5571179 01/29/15 06:47 PM
L
LastHurrah Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Originally Posted By: HuntTXhogs
You should listen to what he says

I did listen to what he said. I'm referring to the "It's a wonderful product. Nothing but praise and good things from customers" comment which is just not true at all. Maybe YOU should listen to what he said.

Last edited by LastHurrah; 01/29/15 06:49 PM.
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: cyberpyrot] #5571195 01/29/15 06:54 PM
E
Eyesofahunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
Originally Posted By: cyberpyrot
nothing but positive reviews from our customers...... lol35

In the software lab it works great and the box looks great. In "theory" this is the only scope you need. Also liked the software issues are worked out. grin

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5571255 01/29/15 07:26 PM
S
SachalATN Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
guys,
you know you can always buy this

http://tracking-point.com/

Positive first hunt. Guaranteed!

ATN Corporation, USA
The Future of Optics
www.atncorp.com

Please note: I do not read private messages here.
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: LastHurrah] #5571274 01/29/15 07:34 PM
HuntTXhogs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by LastHurrah
Originally Posted by HuntTXhogs

I did listen to what he said. I'm referring to the "It's a wonderful product. Nothing but praise and good things from customers" comment which is just not true at all. Maybe YOU should listen to what he said.

You missed my sarcascim peep

Have you ever listened to the Dos Equis "Most interesting Man in the World" commercials?

They are wild fantasies and over the top stories of any one Man's actions BUT they sell beer - that is the design of the message.

The posted video sells scopes.

The reality is users have expressed alot of feedback and the actual facts of the matter lie somewhere between the manufactuers claims and sales pitch and the users good and bad experiences.

Take a look at the video again from a non-user perspective, if you had seen that commercial a year ago after SHOT 2014 you'd have been bouncing off the walls in anticipation.

Well there are people in the here and now who haven't seen or touched an X-sight so is the message going to strike them differently, THAT IS BUSINESS.

Last edited by HuntTXhogs; 01/29/15 07:40 PM.
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: SachalATN] #5571292 01/29/15 07:41 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: SachalATN
guys,

sent this as a pm then saw you won't read them so here ya go.

Sachal, I manage a hunting club in ne Texas and am looking at the 5-18 as a possible scope to have on hand for our members if they want to hunt pigs/yotes at night.
this being said I am nervous about spending money on maybe up to 5-6 of these scopes if the firmware is constantly having to be upgraded and changed with varying results.
can you tell me (in a pm) for certain that all features will be working, all issues will eventually be taken care of? I know you do not have a magic wand or you would have used it already but before I spend 3,000.00 on scopes I need to know that they will work as advertised.

thanks for your time and I do want these but not until I have some sort of guarantee they are gonna work as advertised.

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5571301 01/29/15 07:46 PM
L
LastHurrah Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L

Have you ever listened to the Dos Equis "Most interesting Man in the World" commercials?

They are wild fantasies and over the top stories of any one Man's actions BUT they sell beer - that is the design of the message.

The reality is users have expressed alot of feedback and the actual facts of the matter lie somewhere between the manufactuers claims and sales pitch and the users good and bad experiences.

Take a look at the video again from a non-user perspective, if you had seen that commercial a year ago after SHOT 2014 you'd have been bouncing off the walls in anticipation.

Well there are people in the here and now who haven't seen or touched an X-sight so is the message going to strike them differently, THAT IS BUSINESS.

My bad blush

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: HuntTXhogs] #5571307 01/29/15 07:49 PM
E
Eyesofahunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E

I do not always use an optic, but when I do I choose an ATN X Sight.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: SachalATN] #5571320 01/29/15 07:57 PM
C
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
guys,

cmon Sachel were just having fun.. its a slow day

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: cyberpyrot] #5571368 01/29/15 08:22 PM
S
Shadow357x2 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: cyberpyrot
guys,

cmon Sachel were just having fun.. its a slow day

Maybe hes so used to our abuse he stays on the defense now....
All was going good and in the right (somewhat) direction until this last update.

Something to consider would be to tell evryone what the new firmware updates address when they are released. I havent said much in the past about this but after this last one where the contrast was set dfferent, would have been nice to know before going out and trying to figure out what happened to several different illuminators, then trying to record and have to remove the batteries to stop it.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5571403 01/29/15 08:40 PM
DrifterAT Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I have version .200 connected to an iPad with 8.1.2 ios. It crashes/closes Obsidian when I zoom. When I reopen the app, I see the screen with the Zoom change captured.

Also noticed when I zoom up or down my reticle goes south/north, but the reticle point of impact remains the same relative to the target i have inside my living room with the rifle secured in place. Whether this impact bullet POI is something I'll test this weekend.

I'm enjoying all the feedback on the X-Sight!

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: DrifterAT] #5571415 01/29/15 08:44 PM
C
cyberpyrot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: DrifterAT
I have version .200 connected to an iPad with 8.1.2 ios. It crashes/closes Obsidian when I zoom. When I reopen the app, I see the screen with the Zoom change captured.

Also noticed when I zoom up or down my reticle goes south/north, but the reticle point of impact remains the same relative to the target i have inside my living room with the rifle secured in place. Whether this impact bullet POI is something I'll test this weekend.

I'm enjoying all the feedback on the X-Sight!

have you tried the fish finder yet?

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: SachalATN] #5571419 01/29/15 08:47 PM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
guys,

I am really confused by this. Are you actually advertising a competing product to defend the lies in the video, or are you claiming the price discount of the X-Sight compared to the Tracking Point means we should be willing to accept a bit of dishonesty in exchange for savings?

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5571447 01/29/15 08:58 PM
DrifterAT Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Please remind me what the "fish finder" is and I'll check it.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5571554 01/29/15 09:42 PM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
"Fish finder" = not funny "inside joke" that was never funny to most. You're not missing much. smile

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5571569 01/29/15 09:46 PM
E
ezinkscrr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
On some of your videos Im getting a black screen and it says im missing a plug in, Do you guys know what plug in these video's are running off.

Eric
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: s6275] #5571571 01/29/15 09:47 PM
K
krmitchell Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: s6275
guys,

I am really confused by this. Are you actually advertising a competing product to defend the lies in the video, or are you claiming the price discount of the X-Sight compared to the Tracking Point means we should be willing to accept a bit of dishonesty in exchange for savings?

Yea that made me feel pretty good about returning mine today.....I was defending this but to have that kind of attitude while owners are standing here with out d!cks in our hands is kinda childish.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: s6275] #5571599 01/29/15 09:59 PM
S
Shadow357x2 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
"Fish finder" = not funny "inside joke" that was never funny to most. You're not missing much. smile

Actually it is very funny, IF you have a sense of humor. But then again maybe you dont.
There are many positives to this scope and it is very usuable as is for the money involved.
Once again I challenge anyone to show me a scope that has the capabilities that this one does for the money.
Unless ive missed it I havent seen a single positive post from you concern this scope at all. Just constant degrading of it as a whole.
I dont work or get any pay or contributions from ATN whatsoever so thats a moot point should you decide to bring it up.
Yes ATN has dropped the ball on a majority of its promises but it seems that they are working on it. Give them a break once in awhile. I was hard on them at first and finally realized it for what it was.
If you have a problem with them then why not just send yours back and go see a lawyer should you choose to do so and be done with it all.
Many of u have figured out what to do with what we have and await new firware updates in the hopes that we are getting closer to a fix for certain issues. There are several here that have way more experiance with this scope than I do but I dont hear them blowing steam like you do. Instead they are doing what it takes to make it work.
Just one example is the reticle walking off the screen , thats been addressed and ra's have beeen issued along with "home brew" fixes. Unless your shooting ticks off a dog at 500 yds theres no need for the amount of zoom thats offered on this unit.
I will agree with what someone else has stated though, quit being a troll and at least be neutrual or try to help out with suggestions and or fixes instead of constant complaints that go nowhere.

FIN

Last edited by Shadow357x2; 01/29/15 10:04 PM.
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5571604 01/29/15 10:00 PM
M
mikei Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I finally got my 5-18 out to the range today. I have it mounted on my 7.62X39 AR. I'm running .228 at the current time. I tested the zoom feature and found that the reticle disappeared at the max zoom setting, but stayed stable and centered up to that point. Brightness control worked fine. The reticle does appear on the still photographs I took. I tried the "One Shot Zero" function and it worked as advertised. I saw no degradation in performance of the scope over about a 2 hour, 40 round session. I ran out of time before I could exercise it any more, but right now, as a daylight scope, its performance is acceptable. I'm still concerned about the rapid rate at which it eats batteries, even when it is turned off, and, of course, I haven't used it, yet, in a night time hunting environment, which is primarily what I bought it for! Hope to get some night action in the next few days.

Last edited by mikei; 01/29/15 11:16 PM.
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: mikei] #5571689 01/29/15 10:32 PM
E
ezinkscrr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
Originally Posted By: mikei
I finally got my 5-18 out to the range today. I have it mounted on my 7.62X39 AR. I'm running .228 at the current time. I tested the zoom feature and found that the reticle disappeared at the max zoom setting, but stayed stable and centered up to that point. Brightness control worked fine. The reticle does appear on the still photographs I took. I tried the "One Shot Zero" function and it worked as advertised. I saw no degradation in performance of the scope over about a 2 hour, 40 round session. I ran out of time before I could exercise it any more, but right now, as a daylight scope, its performance is acceptable. I'm still concerned about the rapid rate at which it eats batteries, even when it is turned off, and, of course, I haven't used it, yet, in a night time hunting environment, which is primarily what I bought it for! Hope to get some night action in the next few days.

I am surprised that your X Sight is burning batteries when it is off. I am sure you made mention of it but I will ask, Is GPS and WIFI off? I dont see what could be running when the unit is off. I certainly am not saying I dont believe you just trying to help figure it out. I have had the same batteries in mine for about 2 weeks and they are still going strong.

Eric
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: ezinkscrr] #5571717 01/29/15 10:43 PM
M
mikei Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
ezink, I had mentioned this issue in an earlier post. For some reason, my scope continues to use up batteries, even when it is turned off! And I turn EVERYTHING off; and it still eats batteries. The first ones to go are the ones that are installed with the negative end out, or to the right. They go completely down, while the upper two, with positive terminals facing out, maintain their charge. The only way I've found to prevent this (after several loads of 4 Energizer Lithiums!) is to loosen the battery compartment cap. It's pretty sad, but I have to take a battery checker and a pile of spare batteries every place I go with this scope! There's got to be something wrong with this particular scope, because I've not heard of anyone else experiencing this problem.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5572070 01/30/15 01:51 AM
E
ezinkscrr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
Mikei, Sorry, I knew you posted somewhere I just could not remember the details and I was too lazi to look thru the thread. Sounds like you will have to send yours in. Short somewhere. Anyway, I have a new one for you guys. Today I was doing some shooting and the screen locked up, only once. When it locked up I had it recording, while the screen was locked the X sight was still recording. I pulled the SD card when I got home and found a bunch of new files I never saw before, all on note pad. For example: drv, drv_dump, dsp, vin_info_dump and a few others. When you open them there is some sort of code on there. Have you guys seen that. Normally I only have folders with DCIM and MISC. The video that I was taking when the screen locked up wont open, says file corrupt.

Eric
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5572094 01/30/15 02:02 AM
M
mikei Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
ezinkscrr, no apology expected or needed! We're all in this cauldron together, trying to figure out just how much lipstick we or ATN can put on this pig before we give up and declare it a real, live, porcine entity! I keep thinking that ATN will come through; especially since I have several of their products; but it appears to me that they are in way over their head on this one, and don't seem to have the IT competence needed to right the ship. I fear the worst. . . I hope for the best.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5572131 01/30/15 02:20 AM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: Shadow357x2

Actually it is very funny, IF you have a sense of humor. But then again maybe you dont.
There are many positives to this scope and it is very usuable as is for the money involved.
Once again I challenge anyone to show me a scope that has the capabilities that this one does for the money.
Unless ive missed it I havent seen a single positive post from you concern this scope at all. Just constant degrading of it as a whole.
I dont work or get any pay or contributions from ATN whatsoever so thats a moot point should you decide to bring it up.
Yes ATN has dropped the ball on a majority of its promises but it seems that they are working on it. Give them a break once in awhile. I was hard on them at first and finally realized it for what it was.
If you have a problem with them then why not just send yours back and go see a lawyer should you choose to do so and be done with it all.
Many of u have figured out what to do with what we have and await new firware updates in the hopes that we are getting closer to a fix for certain issues. There are several here that have way more experiance with this scope than I do but I dont hear them blowing steam like you do. Instead they are doing what it takes to make it work.
Just one example is the reticle walking off the screen , thats been addressed and ra's have beeen issued along with "home brew" fixes. Unless your shooting ticks off a dog at 500 yds theres no need for the amount of zoom thats offered on this unit.
I will agree with what someone else has stated though, quit being a troll and at least be neutrual or try to help out with suggestions and or fixes instead of constant complaints that go nowhere.

FIN

Ow! My feelings!

I maintain that many of these things are being fixed BECAUSE of the owners who were willing to draw a line (ezinkscrr, mikei, and Scott Country out of the UK come to mind). Really, you ought to find it in yourself to thank those types for the progress made. Watch the video, chum: it is busting at the seams with exaggerations and lies, and I don't care who you are...there's no denying it.

What if we had to rely on people who want to do nothing but slather icing all over a product that simply does not work as advertised? Where is the motivation to ship what was promised when there was a willingness to ship anything other than that. Yeah, I'm not buying that approach...

...and I don't care what you say: "fish finder" joke is nowhere near "very funny," unless maybe you have a lame sense of humor. Maybe you do.

I have to give credit to their hardware engineers. The fit and finish on the 3x manual focus unit they shipped is impeccable, and unfortunately, the software engineers are the ones who contributed to my decision to throw it back into the bag for a month. Had they shipped this sight with all the advertised features, and with what I hope will become firmware 2.0, products like the Tracking Point system would've had a difficult-to-impossible time justifying their business model or their place in the market. Hindsight is 20-20.

In summary, I disagree with just about everything you said and told me to do. However, all of these recorded thoughts, good, bad, or otherwise, will contribute to the improvement of this product. Sugar-coating isn't going to accomplish anything. Neither is flying the second finger and returning the scope. You've told more than one person to do that, and had they agreed, you would have successfully, inexplicably narrowed the field of individuals who are unwittingly helping to make YOUR scope better...a dubious course of action if you ask me.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5572149 01/30/15 02:29 AM
E
ezinkscrr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E

Here is a video of my X sight today at the range, This shows my flashing issue. It came back up today. Is anyone else have this. I thought it was the water but I also saw it over dry land today as well.

Eric
Page 9 of 45 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 44 45
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide