Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: ATN X-Sight [Re: DavidK] #5486932 12/19/14 04:42 AM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: DavidK

And a show stopping error. After I upgraded my firmware, I powered down, removed the batteries, reformatted the card, put card and batteries back in, powered on and it finished its upgrade. After playing with the scope, I powered on for about the 6th or 7th time and it went through and reconfigured it again, wiping all settings I had it in, night mode, date/time, etc.

Interestingly, when I first finished the upgrade, I couldn't select light amplification, after it worked.

been messing some more, has not done this again, yet....

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Re: ATN X-Sight [Re: SachalATN] #5490766 12/21/14 06:20 PM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
5x Optical on the 5-18x is not 5x as noted in other threads. Either needs to be designated as such or changed so that it is 5x. It is annoying to have an advertised 5x scope that is really closer to 7x. I noticed this early on with the video's and images that were posted for this scope, I figured either the targets/animals were closer or the scope was not 5x/

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Re: ATN X-Sight [Re: SachalATN] #5491149 12/21/14 10:29 PM
E
ezinkscrr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
I wonder if this is something ATN can fix with another software update.

Eric
Re: ATN X-Sight [Re: SachalATN] #5491715 12/22/14 02:11 AM
L
LastHurrah Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Good luck getting a response.

Re: ATN X-Sight [Re: DavidK] #5491817 12/22/14 02:57 AM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
5x Optical on the 5-18x is not 5x as noted in other threads. Either needs to be designated as such or changed so that it is 5x. It is annoying to have an advertised 5x scope that is really closer to 7x. I noticed this early on with the video's and images that were posted for this scope, I figured either the targets/animals were closer or the scope was not 5x/

This isn't an ATN issue....much less an X-Sight issue. Have you compared various brands of day scopes? A 5X is not a 5X is not a 5X. I agree that it is annoying as he11, but this is an industry issue. 5X can and does vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Yes, it is crazy, 5 times should be 5 times..

ezinkscrr - This is not a firmware fix, but it isn't broken either.

For my use, the X-Sight in native 4X, whatever that is...between the 3X and 5X versions would be my choice.

Re: ATN X-Sight [Re: dfwroadkill] #5491864 12/22/14 03:13 AM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: dfwroadkill

This isn't an ATN issue....much less an X-Sight issue. Have you compared various brands of day scopes? A 5X is not a 5X is not a 5X. I agree that it is annoying as he11, but this is an industry issue. 5X can and does vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Yes, it is crazy, 5 times should be 5 times..

ezinkscrr - This is not a firmware fix, but it isn't broken either.

For my use, the X-Sight in native 4X, whatever that is...between the 3X and 5X versions would be my choice.

Hate to disagree, but the X-Sight is so far away from anything I've seen it isn't even funny. I've got dozens of scopes, from cheap Bushnells to the expensive Bushnells like the Elite Tactical and two Nightforce's. As you already know, I also have a 3x Armasight Zeus, and had a 5x Zeus, prior to had a N750 and N550, also have PVS-14 with 3x magnifier. The X-Sight isn't an industry problem, it is an ATN and X-Sight problem.

And you're right, it isn't broke, its false advertising or a bad mistake. This issue was pointed out by me and several others discussing it early on, one you know well, ask him. Compared to anything we've used, currently use, or plan to use, it was obvious that the images and video yardages were off or the power rating was wrong.

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Re: ATN X-Sight [Re: SachalATN] #5491916 12/22/14 03:32 AM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I don't disagree that it is way off. But I absolutely stand by the fact that 5X from manufacturer to manufacturer and model to model differ. In this case, we compared two day scopes to the X-Sight 5X. A Leupold compared at 6.5X and a Zeiss at 7.5X. Who is right? I won't bother to list all the scopes I own and/or have owned...doesn't matter..

I will honor Sachal's wish that this not become a discussion thread and will not comment further on this.

Re: ATN X-Sight [Re: SachalATN] #5491997 12/22/14 04:07 AM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
I didn't make this a discussion thread, you did, I posted a fact, that's all. You made it a discussion.

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Re: ATN X-Sight [Re: SachalATN] #5500732 12/26/14 08:02 PM
J
jdjintx Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J

Received my 5X X-Sight Dec 24, so I have not yet had an opportunity to contact Tech Support. Issues I've noticed are:

1. Buttons often become unresponsive (including power). Battery removal is only way to reset.
2. Huge lag when monitoring X-Sight with Obsidian app.
3. Flickering (known issue, thought their latest firmware was supposed to fix).
4. Photo/Video missing reticle(known issue, thought their latest firmware was supposed to fix).
5. After powering down, scope immediately powers up again. Have to store without batteries.
6. Zeroing moves reticle so close to left edge of screen that the sight will not be useable. Could be a mount issue rather than ATN?

jdj

Re: ATN X-Sight [Re: jdjintx] #5500841 12/26/14 09:30 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: jdjintx

Received my 5X X-Sight Dec 24, so I have not yet had an opportunity to contact Tech Support. Issues I've noticed are:

1. Buttons often become unresponsive (including power). Battery removal is only way to reset.
Haven't had this issue often, but have had it happen a time or two in the month and a half I have used it.
It is a 2 - 3 second lag common with wi-fi as a modality. This is just how wi-fi works. Non-issue.
Yes, it's a known issue and I haven't heard ATN say what firmware release fixes what issue. Just the same, some have reported not seeing it with the 174 release.
4. Photo/Video missing reticle(known issue, thought their latest firmware was supposed to fix).
Yes, it is a known issue, but they haven't said when it will be remedied. It is clearly something they don't have an answer for at this point. I won't use it if it doesn't record with the reticle.
5. After powering down, scope immediately powers up again. Have to store without batteries.
If you will remove your finger as soon as you see the blue screen I believe it will power off fine for you. That has been my experience.
6. Zeroing moves reticle so close to left edge of screen that the sight will not be useable. Could be a mount issue rather than ATN?
You can shim it and overcome the issue to a large degree. However, ATN has said a fix for this is on the way. I have hunted the scope a lot and unusable is not a word I think of. It has, by and large functioned fine for me. When you say unusable, how far are you trying to shoot and what mag are you trying to use?

Last edited by dfwroadkill; 12/27/14 12:10 AM.
Re: ATN X-Sight [Re: jdjintx] #5501144 12/27/14 12:54 AM
S
Shadow357x2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: jdjintx

When looking at the zero menu what are your x/y numbers. As DFW stated that can be cured very easily. Total cost about 10.00 until a software fix comes out. I will be more than happy to help you if you need it as I have corrected this issue with very few tools involved and I doubt any issues with the warrenty. Nothing is a pernament change nor is it cosmetically ugly. Depending on your x/y numbers a 20 or 30 moa rail may work for the elevation.

Re: ATN X-Sight [Re: SachalATN] #5501445 12/27/14 04:01 AM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Was having an issue with my. X-Sight giving low battery warnings with freshly charged quality rechargeables after a short period of time. I tried Turnigy LSD previously and tested them on the analyzer, still had 2150mah out of 2400.

Them I started reading info from the guys across the pond, one who had the same issue and tested, results below. So my question to Sachal, ATN was quoted in another location saying that you did thorough testing of runtimes and got 12 hours with lithium, and 4+ hours on rechargeables and Alkaline, maybe you can shed some light?

here is the info:

"On a different point completely, I have done some measurements of the the power required to run the X sight and the voltages at which the low battery warning comes on and eventually switches itself off
With the Wi Fi and GPS switched off the sight draws approx 1.8 watts of power and with the Wi Fi and GPS switched on it's approx 2 watts - so not that much difference.
There's no discernible difference in power drain in day or night mode , nor in image capture or recording mode
With 1.5 volt alkaline batteries, the current drawn is approx 600ma which is quite high for even good quality alkalines to sustain
With 1.2 volt rechargables, the current drawn is 750ma which is well within the comfort zone of any decent rechargeable
The battery set up is 2 in series and those 2 in parallell with another 2 in series (2S 2P)
That means the sight is working with a nominal voltage of between 2.4-3 volts depending on which type of battery is being used
The low battery warning symbol comes on when the battery voltage drops to 2.6 volts (1.3 volts per cell) - which means that with rechargables, the low battery indicator will appear very soon after switch on - even with a fully charged set of batteries.
Auto switch off because of low battery voltage happens when the battery voltage reaches 2 volts (1 volt per cell)
Because of their much flatter discharge curve, rechargables should be able to keep their voltage above 1 volt for a lot longer than alkalines".

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide