Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics538,050
Posts9,732,357
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Vet Looking for Year Round Lease for 2 People with Family #5342351 10/05/14 05:37 AM
W
Want-a-be-hunter Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
W
Howdy. I am new to the Texas Hunting Forum and am looking forward to learning from all of you. I am a veteran of Bosnia, Iraq and Afghanistan and want to find a property that a friend and I can lease in order to hunt and have access to year round. I desperately want to enhance my skills as a hunter and fisherman so I can teach my three young boys to do the same. I grew up in the mountains of Nevada and my dad used to take my four older brothers and I mule deer hunting all the time. The problem was that I was too young to actually hunt, so I just went along and followed my father. We moved to Texas when I was 7 and my Dad stopped hunting, so I never really learned. I know firearms, I know how to shoot, and I understand hunting, but have no real experience outside of an occasional dove hunt or fishing trip. Now I have three young boys and I want to become proficient at hunting and fishing, because I love the outdoors and because I want my boys to grow up with the experience and knowledge. My friend and I will take very good care of anyone's property, we will respect the land and the owner and never do anything that would cause an owner to regret allowing us on their property. I live in Fort Worth and would be willing to drive 3 to 4 hours to get to a site. I apologize if this sort of post is not the intent of the forum, so please let me know if it isn't and I will not post this type of request in the future. I just want to get started and am unsatisfied with the sites I have found on the internet related to leases. I am hoping to find someone who has some property that they are willing to let two fathers have access to with their young boys in order to teach them to be responsible and capable hunters who respect the land they are allowed to use and animals they are hunting. Thank you.

Re: Vet Looking for Year Round Lease for 2 People with Family [Re: Want-a-be-hunter] #5342421 10/05/14 11:58 AM
S
Sparky45 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
just an idea but vets like us can get help actually buying land through the Texas Veterans Land Board
I was able to find my little piece of heaven through them and don't worry about leasing land any longer.

http://www.glo.texas.gov/vlb/index.html

The only easy day was yesterday

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Re: Vet Looking for Year Round Lease for 2 People with Family [Re: Sparky45] #5343937 10/06/14 04:50 AM
W
Want-a-be-hunter Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
W
Thank you. I have looked at this in the past, but forgot about it and will look back into it and see what I can find. Thanks for your service!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide