Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Dick's Sporting Goods [Re: skinnerback] #5262314 08/19/14 11:24 PM
S
sethcros Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: skinnerback
[quote=sethcros]I don't understand the emotionality that consumers make with financial decisions. If a company has a product at half the cost of another company and I want that item, I'm going to buy it as cheaply as I can. It only makes sense. If they have inferior products, or inferior products then the market will sort them out.

Pretty simple, I don't do business with people or a company that I don't like. I don't hang out with people that I don't like either. I don't care if the company offers me what I want for half price, or if someone I don't like has invited me over for free BBQ. Keep it, and have a nice day smile

Hey that's fair enough and I respect you're opinion. We aren't talking about a person though, we are telling about an inanimate object essentially. it's cool and I respect firmly held feelings I suppose but it seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face. It's all moot thigh as there's no way in Hades dicks would have something at half the price of someone else.

Last edited by sethcros; 08/19/14 11:25 PM.
Re: Dick's Sporting Goods [Re: Jimbo1] #5262398 08/20/14 12:01 AM
W
Wilhunt Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Customer service is good here but there prices are usually too dang high. Course there decisions on how they run there business is somewhat questionable. Not my favorite place.

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods [Re: Jimbo1] #5262488 08/20/14 12:52 AM
M
Mark Conner Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
I wasn't impressed either. I'll stick with the local boys.

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods [Re: Jimbo1] #5262494 08/20/14 12:55 AM
H
Halfadozen Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
High prices, bad policy, limited selection, poor service. Not just in the outdoor department either.

Freedom is a fragile thing ...Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again.
-- Ronald Reagan

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods [Re: sethcros] #5262503 08/20/14 01:04 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted By: sethcros
[quote=sethcros]I don't understand the emotionality that consumers make with financial decisions. If a company has a product at half the cost of another company and I want that item, I'm going to buy it as cheaply as I can. It only makes sense. If they have inferior products, or inferior products then the market will sort them out.

Pretty simple, I don't do business with people or a company that I don't like. I don't hang out with people that I don't like either. I don't care if the company offers me what I want for half price, or if someone I don't like has invited me over for free BBQ. Keep it, and have a nice day smile

Hey that's fair enough and I respect you're opinion. We aren't talking about a person though, we are telling about an inanimate object essentially. it's cool and I respect firmly held feelings I suppose but it seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face. It's all moot thigh as there's no way in Hades dicks would have something at half the price of someone else.

up

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods [Re: sethcros] #5262548 08/20/14 01:25 AM
C
Chuck McDonald Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: sethcros

Pretty liberal thinking. No way is selling out my beliefs worth any discount. They sell guns and they are anti-second amendment. They only sell guns in a few states where they have to and that is just to fit in. If you want to support liberal causes there are much more direct ways to side with the devil than shop at dicks.

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods [Re: skinnerback] #5262967 08/20/14 04:18 AM
G
Gone to Texas Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G

Boom, hit the nail on the head.

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods [Re: Gone to Texas] #5263323 08/20/14 02:23 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Gone to Texas

Boom, hit the nail on the head.

agree! cheers

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Dick's Sporting Goods [Re: Dave B] #5264390 08/21/14 12:57 AM
Ramsey Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Online Content
Pepe' Le Pew
Originally Posted By: Dave B
I don't shop at Dick's and never will again. I don't go to Starbucks either since they charged 1st responders for bottled water on 9-11. Paying the firehouse back for the price of the water and nothing more confirmed once again I would never drink their coffee.
And their jerk off ban of sporting rifles not too long ago

Big Beckett!!
Re: Dick's Sporting Goods [Re: Jimbo1] #5264608 08/21/14 02:42 AM
Steve
Steve

Chupa

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide