Texas Hunting Forum

Dick's Sporting Goods

Posted By: Jimbo1

Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/17/14 02:41 PM

Just saw the Sunday paper and Dick's has some great deals right now, especially Savage rifles. Too bad I used my allotment and bought a ride for the deer lease Friday!
Posted By: Colt W. Knight

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/17/14 04:49 PM

I use to buy a lot of guns at dicks. When they had sales, they were cheaper than anyone in town.
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/17/14 10:23 PM

I am looking for a Savage action, if I can get it cheap enough there might pick one up. I don't like buying from them too much though...
Posted By: ParkCountyElkDestroyer

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/17/14 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Gone to Texas
I am looking for a Savage action, if I can get it cheap enough there might pick one up. I don't like buying from them too much though...

I'm with you. I will avoid them at all costs.
Posted By: Western

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/17/14 10:43 PM

Just curious as to why? I have priced a few of there golf items and they where a bit high at the time, they also have a limited supply in their floor plan, but I will buy something at a good price if I have the need or want.

Never actually bought anything at Dicks, just curious

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/17/14 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Western

Just curious as to why? I have priced a few of there golf items and they where a bit high at the time, they also have a limited supply in their floor plan, but I will buy something at a good price if I have the need or want.

I have never had good customer service there. Along with that, the whole pulling semi-autos off the shelves during the gun ban scare did not sit well with me. They did not even honor some of the sales they made for AR style rifles, just returned the money. I would personally rather spend my money somewhere else but to each their own.
Posted By: Western

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/18/14 12:16 AM

That makes sense I wasn't aware they also did the "PC" thing of the times then.
Posted By: Phantom

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/18/14 01:34 AM

They lost my support after the ar issue. if they are half off I would still not go there.
Posted By: FoxTrot

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/18/14 05:08 PM

I think my sig says it all
Posted By: ChaseNTheHunt

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/18/14 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Western

I have never had good customer service there. Along with that, the whole pulling semi-autos off the shelves during the gun ban scare did not sit well with me. They did not even honor some of the sales they made for AR style rifles, just returned the money. I would personally rather spend my money somewhere else but to each their own.

Well said sir. I have had the same sentiment since then. My buddies made fun of me for it. I'll just stay with Academy, Cabelas, & Bass Pro.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/18/14 10:15 PM

I also believe Dick's sporting goods was a part of the holiday wars against allowing their employees from saying or their advertisements to state "Merry Christmas" but use "Happy Holidays" ... the AFA boycotted them, they (Dick's) changed their tune and withdrew their policy.

there are other sporting goods stores ...
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/19/14 12:54 AM

Yep...agree...they can move to NY where they belong and I'd say good riddance....
Posted By: Direct Hit

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/19/14 01:07 AM

Dicks lives up to their name.
Posted By: Normanpig

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/19/14 03:18 AM

Sounds like some of you made the mistake of walking in backwards...... eeks333
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/19/14 03:48 AM

Dicks, if you shop there you are one!
Posted By: Gary Willmann

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/19/14 03:02 PM

Sure, just as long as there is not another school shooting, or any other, where their knee jerk reaction of pulling guns off their shelves caves to the liberal media hype. Forget Dick's. . .
Posted By: Ryan81

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/19/14 03:20 PM

Used to shop there, not anymore.
Posted By: jakebunch

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/19/14 06:23 PM

Jimbo, this turned into a "no good deed goes unpunished"!
Posted By: wall8053

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/19/14 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Direct Hit
Dicks lives up to their name.

Thats greatness
Posted By: Dave B

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/19/14 10:24 PM

I don't shop at Dick's and never will again. I don't go to Starbucks either since they charged 1st responders for bottled water on 9-11. Paying the firehouse back for the price of the water and nothing more confirmed once again I would never drink their coffee.
Posted By: DiverTexas

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/19/14 10:50 PM

They will never get another dime from me.
They showed their true colors during the AR ban scare.
Posted By: KG68

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/19/14 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: DiverTexas
They will never get another dime from me.
They showed their true colors during the AR ban scare.

up
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/19/14 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: brianl
They lost my support after the ar issue. if they are half off I would still not go there.
Posted By: sethcros

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/19/14 11:13 PM

I don't understand the emotionality that consumers make with financial decisions. If a company has a product at half the cost of another company and I want that item, I'm going to buy it as cheaply as I can. It only makes sense. If they have inferior products, or inferior policies then the market will sort them out.

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/19/14 11:20 PM

[quote=sethcros]I don't understand the emotionality that consumers make with financial decisions. If a company has a product at half the cost of another company and I want that item, I'm going to buy it as cheaply as I can. It only makes sense. If they have inferior products, or inferior products then the market will sort them out.

Pretty simple, I don't do business with people or a company that I don't like. I don't hang out with people that I don't like either. I don't care if the company offers me what I want for half price, or if someone I don't like has invited me over for free BBQ. Keep it, and have a nice day smile
Posted By: sethcros

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/19/14 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: skinnerback
[quote=sethcros]I don't understand the emotionality that consumers make with financial decisions. If a company has a product at half the cost of another company and I want that item, I'm going to buy it as cheaply as I can. It only makes sense. If they have inferior products, or inferior products then the market will sort them out.

Pretty simple, I don't do business with people or a company that I don't like. I don't hang out with people that I don't like either. I don't care if the company offers me what I want for half price, or if someone I don't like has invited me over for free BBQ. Keep it, and have a nice day smile

Hey that's fair enough and I respect you're opinion. We aren't talking about a person though, we are telling about an inanimate object essentially. it's cool and I respect firmly held feelings I suppose but it seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face. It's all moot thigh as there's no way in Hades dicks would have something at half the price of someone else.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/20/14 12:01 AM

Customer service is good here but there prices are usually too dang high. Course there decisions on how they run there business is somewhat questionable. Not my favorite place.
Posted By: Mark Conner

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/20/14 12:52 AM

I wasn't impressed either. I'll stick with the local boys.
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/20/14 12:55 AM

High prices, bad policy, limited selection, poor service. Not just in the outdoor department either.

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/20/14 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: sethcros

Hey that's fair enough and I respect you're opinion. We aren't talking about a person though, we are telling about an inanimate object essentially. it's cool and I respect firmly held feelings I suppose but it seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face. It's all moot thigh as there's no way in Hades dicks would have something at half the price of someone else.

up
Posted By: Chuck McDonald

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/20/14 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: sethcros

Pretty liberal thinking. No way is selling out my beliefs worth any discount. They sell guns and they are anti-second amendment. They only sell guns in a few states where they have to and that is just to fit in. If you want to support liberal causes there are much more direct ways to side with the devil than shop at dicks.

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/20/14 04:18 AM

Boom, hit the nail on the head.
Posted By: PMK

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/20/14 02:23 PM

Boom, hit the nail on the head.

agree! cheers
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/21/14 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Dave B
I don't shop at Dick's and never will again. I don't go to Starbucks either since they charged 1st responders for bottled water on 9-11. Paying the firehouse back for the price of the water and nothing more confirmed once again I would never drink their coffee.
And their jerk off ban of sporting rifles not too long ago
Posted By:

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods - 08/21/14 02:42 AM

Chupa
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum