Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: whitewing maniac] #4822973 12/10/13 01:34 AM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: whitewing maniac
I agree with the beave, I watched a season of this 2 weeks ago and was very let down. Nothing to do with hunting, but just pushing their product is what its all about. CHA-CHING. All about the Benjamins, period.

What makes you think this show would be about hunting...? Is on A&E for Christ sake, it's not on a hunting channel. If you want hunting turn it to the sportsmans or outdoor channel, not a reality TV channel.

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Two kinds of people vote democrat. Rich people that don't have to work, and poor people who don't want to work.
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: whitewing maniac] #4822986 12/10/13 01:36 AM
G
Gacman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
I agree with the beave, I watched a season of this 2 weeks ago and was very let down. Nothing to do with hunting, but just pushing their product is what its all about. CHA-CHING. All about the Benjamins, period.

it's not supposed to be a hunting show. hammer

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Beretta] #4822995 12/10/13 01:40 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: BerettaOnyx686

What makes you think this show would be about hunting...? Is on A&E for Christ sake, it's not on a hunting channel. If you want hunting turn it to the sportsmans or outdoor channel, not a reality TV channel.

True,
But most people thought it was gonne be a partial huntshow
The only gunshots were in the middle of summer, pretending it was opening day, si shooting (with some fake gun sounds, he was not even pulling the trigger at some non existing squirrels inside a log...)
Funny show for kids, it should be on the disneychannel.

I tried to watch the show after a case of beer the other night, that didnt even do it.

If you throw in paris hilton and snooky, and miss kay on a stripping pole (cause phil always makes pg13 comments about her) i might watch it

Last edited by beaversnipe; 12/10/13 01:51 AM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4823133 12/10/13 02:12 AM
L
LMH Steel Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Here is my take on Duck Dynasty aka Duck Commander. The reason Duck Dynasty is such a huge success is simple. Years ago Phil surrendered his life to Christ, unconditionally. When you do that God will use you to spread the Gospel. God has allowed to let Phil continue to use his duck hunting to spread the Gospel, clearly Phil is giving God all the glory and credit for his success. Some of you will believe this and others wont but I can tell you for 100% certainty that when God is in it NOBODY can stop it. I know what my God can do and this is just a small example. We all have this same opportunity to be blessed by God, who knows what He has in store for you?

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4823144 12/10/13 02:15 AM
G
Gacman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
I've only seen 5 or 6 episodes b/c I don't have cable or satellite tv, b/c I don't like most of what is on tv, or at least consider it to be junk food for the brain and would rather spend my time in the evening doing other things besides watching tv. But I've read lots of reviews in the media over the last few years, read fellow THF'ers comments on this forum, and listened to the feedback of friends.

Granted much of what is on tv is not good programming for a variety of reasons, and some of it sets real poor examples of the appropriate ways to think and act, for our young people. So even thought I don't watch DD regularily I give it lots of credit for standing up for what they believe in, that is God and family, and being proud to let everyone know about it. It's swift change of pace for most tv programming and a breath of fresh air in today's society.

In exchange for that I am happy for their success. The show has nothing to do with paris hilton or snooky. No one is going to put a gun to your head and force to to watch it. Just give the show a break beaver.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: LMH Steel] #4823146 12/10/13 02:16 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I believe this, but as a devoted christian, can the man (or at least willy) give (other than for tax purpose) a much higher % to charity instead of building mansions?

I have much more respect for phil still living old school

Last edited by beaversnipe; 12/10/13 02:19 AM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4823171 12/10/13 02:22 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Thats it, i gave up.

Wifie, can you crack open another of them californian red bottle?

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4823186 12/10/13 02:25 AM
L
LMH Steel Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
I believe this, but as a devoted christian, can the man (or at least willy) give (other than for tax purpose) a much higher % to charity instead of building mansions?

Not being sarcastic but can you tell me how much that Willy or Duck Commander as a company gives monetarily or in any other way?

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: LMH Steel] #4823200 12/10/13 02:27 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Yes, i know, but i wont share

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4823223 12/10/13 02:31 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Wifie just brought me dinner in bed while watching cowboys and thf.
I got myself good wifie

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4823233 12/10/13 02:33 AM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Ill tell you guys this, Kent Cullum is a bad azz duck caller

North central TX duck and dove hunts
www.silvercreekguideservice.com

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: LMH Steel] #4823234 12/10/13 02:33 AM
G
Gacman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: LMH Steel

Not being sarcastic but can you tell me how much that Willy or Duck Commander as a company gives monetarily or in any other way?

No he can't and none of us can. What each of us tithes to charity or the church is between us and God. Let's not judge others by how much WE think they should give to charity. We don't know what others do with their money.

Additional food for thought, not exactly related: The duck men through their show and public speaking engagements testify to the others regarding their faith in God and gratefulness for Jesus dying on the cross to conquer sin so that we might be saved. How much time do each of us spend testifying to the greatness of God and our appreciation of Him sending His only Son to die for our sins?

God is good! Let's share the good word!

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4823243 12/10/13 02:35 AM
L
LMH Steel Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Well then would you mind sharing how much they should give?

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Gacman] #4823249 12/10/13 02:38 AM
L
LMH Steel Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Originally Posted By: gacman

No he can't and none of us can. What each of us tithes to charity or the church is between us and God. Let's not judge others by how much WE think they should give to charity. We don't know what others do with their money.

Additional food for thought, not exactly related: The duck men through their show and public speaking engagements testify to the others regarding their faith in God and gratefulness for Jesus dying on the cross to conquer sin so that we might be saved. How much time do each of us spend testifying to the greatness of God and our appreciation of Him sending His only Son to die for our sins?

Good point and well said.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: LMH Steel] #4823285 12/10/13 02:46 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Pachos wanting mo turkey meatloaf

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Gacman] #4823305 12/10/13 02:50 AM
R
rcxdm40 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R

Amen!!!

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: rcxdm40] #4823355 12/10/13 03:02 AM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
It's a scripted situation comedy! Why make it anything else?

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Gacman] #4823357 12/10/13 03:03 AM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W

it's not supposed to be a hunting show. hammer
then call it Dynasty. Oh wait that's been done. Its called Duck Dynasty which is for HUNTERS. They promote a HUNTING product.

Its aimed at HUNTERS am I right? Sorry but it has hunting written all over it.

Hunt fo mercial

Hunt fo mercial

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: LMH Steel] #4823462 12/10/13 03:29 AM
L
Laser123 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Here is my take on Duck Dynasty aka Duck Commander. The reason Duck Dynasty is such a huge success is simple. Years ago Phil surrendered his life to Christ, unconditionally. When you do that God will use you to spread the Gospel. God has allowed to let Phil continue to use his duck hunting to spread the Gospel, clearly Phil is giving God all the glory and credit for his success. Some of you will believe this and others wont but I can tell you for 100% certainty that when God is in it NOBODY can stop it. I know what my God can do and this is just a small example. We all have this same opportunity to be blessed by God, who knows what He has in store for you?
Amen brother LMH Steel. Very well said!

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Laser123] #4823530 12/10/13 03:45 AM
P
Phantom Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
Why does it matter what anyone else has. We spend more time worries, jealous, or putting people under a microscope for what they have and what they earn. Who cares what they have, where they live, and what they give to. It is not for me to judge but between them and God. Only God knows where their hearts are. What each of us do we should do it with Joy as if to the Lord regardless of any validation. Share our sport with others. Teach others about our passions. Share your faith. We cant share the Love of Christ until we stop looking around and focus upward. Regardless of what I earn or what I have. I want my heart pure, my boots on, and the joy of the Lord on my soul.

Good is the enemy of Great
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide