Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch post by PED [Re: RobertY] #4555135 09/10/13 11:02 AM
P
ped Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
P
This operation, Lonesome Bull, is without a doubt the most deceptive, crooked, unethical, poorly managed, organization I have ever seen in fifty years of hunting. Fred Rich is incapable of stating the truth if it get beyond the time of day. Look at his posts and arrive at your own conclusion. I am still pursueing this fraud he has perpetuatd.

Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch post by PED [Re: ped] #4562064 09/12/13 05:53 PM
F
forkie44 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
F
This place amazes me,with the negativity surrounding it they still get hunters

Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch post by PED [Re: forkie44] #4562140 09/12/13 06:19 PM
M
Mike Garcia Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
They post alot on craigslist... with too good to be true adds and guaranteed hunts. So people bite the worm and get hooked to a mess. I did (Wish I became part of this forum before I did) They made me pay in full before I even got to enter the hunting area. Told me I will be able to come back and after calling in few attempts I gave up and cut my losses. But what made me really upset on way the owner Fred belittled my guide infront of his wife and daughter. Cussing him out where I could even hear from the bunk house. It takes alot for me to lose my cool but Im sure I would have decked him if he did that to me

Taxidermy Designs
Taxidermy By Manuel Garza � Tomball, Texas
www.taxidermydesigns.com

Pro Staff @ http://hipstargets.com/
Custom Bowstands By Michael Garcia
Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch post by PED [Re: Mike Garcia] #4682971 10/22/13 11:09 PM
B
Billy Billy Billy Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
My friends and I just got back to Houston from a 3-day hunt at Lonesome Bull. I was quite apprehensive about this hunt after reading all of the negative feedback about this place.
All I can say is I am flabbergasted at all of the negative comments on this site and others.
We all had an amazing time on our trip. We shot a beautiful Lechwe, a really big Gemsbock and two 40+ Oryx.
We actually met Fred Rich on our 2nd night there. He seemed to be a really nice guy. I did not get a crooked vibe from him at all.
Norris, and his son, Taylor, and all the rest of the staff treated us like family the entire time we were there. Never had any problems whatsoever. They ate with us, drank with us, laughed with us and made our whole trip the best it could be.
The guides, Norris and Taylor, asked us beforehand what we wanted to kill and knew exactly where to go find them. The first night we got there Norris drove one of my friends and I around the entire ranch just to show us the place. Let me tell you, there are animals everywhere, and most of them seemed to be very good quality.
Also, the guides asked us beforehand whether we wanted to sit in a blind and hunt or drive and hunt. We all chose to drive and hunt but I can honestly say that we never herded any animals in the truck. We only drove around long enough to find the animals and slowly jockeyed into position for the best, cleanest and most humane kill shot.
I do believe that there have been some people that have had bad experiences with their hunt. But, anyone that has ever hunted knows that is called hunting for a reason. You are not always going to get exactly what you want. Sometimes the animals are not moving; sometimes the weather doesn't cooperate; sometimes the animal stock on what you want is low. We all got what we wanted so I can't attest for the ranch offering substitutes for an animal besides what we wanted. But I feel like, from the way we were treated, they would have been fair with us if we had not been able to find our animals.
As far as the food goes, Norris cooks the meanest ribeye around and the cook made us some of the best enchiladas I have ever eaten. The food was fantastic and there was plenty of it.
Lastly, before I went on this hunt, I was not a friend or family member of anyone at the ranch, but I would be proud now to call any of the folks here my friends. I recommend The Lonesome Bull Ranch to anyone who is looking for a great hunt at a reasonable price.
Thank you Fred, Norris, Taylor, Dee & wife for a great time at your place!!!

David Lehman
Tomball, TX

Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch post by PED [Re: Mike Garcia] #4682994 10/22/13 11:15 PM
B
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Mike, you should be ashamed for posting negative comments about this place. I'm not sure what happened to you at this place but I feel like maybe you and some other outfitters out there are trying to create a negative vibe about this place in order to promote other places that you endorse.
I would expect more from a fellow Tomball-ite.
Just saying.
David Lehman
Tomball, TX

Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch post by PED [Re: Billy Billy Billy] #4683009 10/22/13 11:20 PM
C
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training
Minor in training
C
spam

Or maybe cuz yall were paying over $10k he/they treated u right

Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch post by PED [Re: Billy Billy Billy] #4683325 10/23/13 01:19 AM
A
AaronM58 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: Billy Billy Billy
Mike, you should be ashamed for posting negative comments about this place. I'm not sure what happened to you at this place but I feel like maybe you and some other outfitters out there are trying to create a negative vibe about this place in order to promote other places that you endorse.
I would expect more from a fellow Tomball-ite.
Just saying.
David Lehman
Tomball, TX

You cannot be serious. I usually stay out of a lot of the drama on this website - but I cannot tolerate your accusations towards Mike. I know Mike personally & have shared hunting camp with the man. Simply put, Mike is a standup guy and you can take what he says to the bank. He had no hidden motives when posting about his experience at Lonesome Bull. This is the reason many people visit this forum - to get firsthand and honest accounts of hunts at different ranches throughout the state. I think it is despicable to get on here and attempt to blast a fellow THFer about his honest review of a place simply because he did not have the same experience as you.

Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch post by PED [Re: AaronM58] #4683427 10/23/13 01:46 AM
L
laurendaniel1995 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
L
yeah you and one other guy are the only ones promoting the ranch and you have a total of two posts! and you saw plenty of animals bc they couldn't get away in the "feed lot" lol seriously, I cant believe you would swoop to the level of saying other ranch owners would talk bad about the place THEY HAVE BEEN TO!!

Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch post by PED [Re: Billy Billy Billy] #4683451 10/23/13 01:53 AM
L
LuckyHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: Billy Billy Billy
My friends and I just got back to Houston from a 3-day hunt at Lonesome Bull. I was quite apprehensive about this hunt after reading all of the negative feedback about this place.
All I can say is I am flabbergasted at all of the negative comments on this site and others.
We all had an amazing time on our trip. We shot a beautiful Lechwe, a really big Gemsbock and two 40+ Oryx.
We actually met Fred Rich on our 2nd night there. He seemed to be a really nice guy. I did not get a crooked vibe from him at all.
Norris, and his son, Taylor, and all the rest of the staff treated us like family the entire time we were there. Never had any problems whatsoever. They ate with us, drank with us, laughed with us and made our whole trip the best it could be.
The guides, Norris and Taylor, asked us beforehand what we wanted to kill and knew exactly where to go find them. The first night we got there Norris drove one of my friends and I around the entire ranch just to show us the place. Let me tell you, there are animals everywhere, and most of them seemed to be very good quality.
Also, the guides asked us beforehand whether we wanted to sit in a blind and hunt or drive and hunt. We all chose to drive and hunt but I can honestly say that we never herded any animals in the truck. We only drove around long enough to find the animals and slowly jockeyed into position for the best, cleanest and most humane kill shot.
I do believe that there have been some people that have had bad experiences with their hunt. But, anyone that has ever hunted knows that is called hunting for a reason. You are not always going to get exactly what you want. Sometimes the animals are not moving; sometimes the weather doesn't cooperate; sometimes the animal stock on what you want is low. We all got what we wanted so I can't attest for the ranch offering substitutes for an animal besides what we wanted. But I feel like, from the way we were treated, they would have been fair with us if we had not been able to find our animals.
As far as the food goes, Norris cooks the meanest ribeye around and the cook made us some of the best enchiladas I have ever eaten. The food was fantastic and there was plenty of it.
Lastly, before I went on this hunt, I was not a friend or family member of anyone at the ranch, but I would be proud now to call any of the folks here my friends. I recommend The Lonesome Bull Ranch to anyone who is looking for a great hunt at a reasonable price.
Thank you Fred, Norris, Taylor, Dee & wife for a great time at your place!!!

David Lehman
Tomball, TX

worthless

Put up

Lucky 7 Exotic Ranch located in Eden, Tx. Well managed self sustaining herds roaming our 3,000 acre ranch. First Class Lodging, Ranch style meals and qualified guides. 30+ species.
Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch post by PED [Re: chital_shikari] #4683738 10/23/13 03:02 AM
E
Eland Slayer Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted By: chital_shikari
spam

Or maybe cuz yall were paying over $10k he/they treated u right

BINGO!! Probably the most spot-on comment you have ever posted on this site chital!!

I usually stay out of the mud slinging as well....but I absolutely hate bad/dishonest outfitters, and I have had MANY people (whom I trust) tell me very bad things about LBR.

Just because "Billy Billy Billy" had a good hunt doesn't mean they are a good ranch/outfitter. Even the crappiest of operators can still provide a good experience if they are so inclined....particularly if there is money to be made.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram
Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch post by PED [Re: Eland Slayer] #4683823 10/23/13 03:28 AM
A
Aaron-Ibex Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
I've never been to the ranch y'all are talking about bit I do know this...the ranches that are truly upright and honest don't get threads like this...ever. go try to find these types of threads on rickey hunt, bobby Greiger, etc. I've had issues with ranches and really hesitate to say anything but it's quite clear Lonesome bull has big issues.

Aaron Gage
903-271-3875
www.texasibex.com
Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch post by PED [Re: Aaron-Ibex] #4684628 10/23/13 02:48 PM
L
laurendaniel1995 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: Aaron-Ibex
I've never been to the ranch y'all are talking about bit I do know this...the ranches that are truly upright and honest don't get threads like this...ever. go try to find these types of threads on rickey hunt, bobby Greiger, etc. I've had issues with ranches and really hesitate to say anything but it's quite clear Lonesome bull has big issues.

X1000! Spot on. Apparently its not just one person who got screwed over, its been serveal, dozens of people. The reviews just keep piling up! peep

Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch [Re: CPTTSU] #4717807 11/04/13 01:35 PM
R
rbthehunter Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
Not a Happy Hunter.
I booked a hunt with LBR almost a year in advance since I had got off my deer lease. Thought a guided hunt would be a good alternative. My father in law and me both booked a trophy hunt up to a 150 class deer. Got to the ranch 11/01/2013 and had got moved into a mobile home trailer on the property. The lodge in the pictures had been used for some high rollers on the ranch. Mobile home was clean but not the lodge we were expecting from pictures. Unless you are a high roller you will not be hunting in the "sanctuary" and seeing big deer. I thought it was all 1 big ranch. I figured I would see huge deer while hunting waiting for my 150". I am no expert at scoring deer especially during the hunt when bucks are around. Seen several bucks the first hunt. Fred was my guide and soon a huge bodied buck came out. Fred estimated it to be 138-142. He told me this was the upper range deer I had booked. I took the deer and was disappointed when I got to it. They always look smaller on the ground but it was a huge bodied deer. I filled out the paperwork which had a scoring card to be filled out by the ranch. It showed to be required with his state permits. Fred said he would score it later. On the last day before leaving I asked Fred if he had scored it and he said "yea it was 136. In my mind I knew it was not scored. My father in law shot a smaller then mine 6 point the last day. We were with it the whole time until we left and I know it was not scored. Fred drove us around the sanctuary and his pinned breeding deer. At one point he pointed out a deer and said "that is what yall should have got" I asked him "that is a 150 deer" and he said it was. I was thinking well your the guide.. if there are 150 deer in the sanctuary why weren't we hunting here, he told me my deer was the upper inches we booked for. When I got to my meat processor he looked at my deer and said my deer would be a 121-123 maybe.... Took my deer to the taxidermist and he taped it...116 4/8" Again not a happy hunter. an hour before our hunt started Fred said he would be right back. He said one of the other guys "high roller" wanted to go shot a 180 class deer real quick. Thought "real quick" .. wasn't 10-15 minutes later they were over taking pictures of a very nice deer. Father in law and me are convinced it was shot in the pinned deer area. There are hundreds of huge bucks pinned in small areas. If you have a lot of money to spend you will get a deer in 5 minutes.

Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch [Re: rbthehunter] #4717899 11/04/13 02:03 PM
U
Ursus horribilis Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
U
It is obvious to me that this joint is about as crooked as they come...

Last edited by Ursus horribilis; 11/04/13 02:04 PM.
Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch [Re: Ursus horribilis] #4718033 11/04/13 02:37 PM
J
jdk1985 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Dang. Glad this thread popped back up. I had seen LBRs ads a few times and thought about it but never pulled the trigger on one.

Glad to read the info here.

Instagram @justinkingwoodworking
Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch [Re: jdk1985] #4735518 11/10/13 02:50 PM
B
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Look I'm not accusing anyone of anything. As I said in my original post, I can only speak for the hunt we had.
My point in saying anything to anyone is that I am a little leery about someone who makes negative comments about one outfitter and then tells you to try someone else. Makes me think there is some paid promotion going on.
Also, as far as the comment about when there is money to be made, when have you ever gone on a guided hunt and not paid for it? There is always money to be made. To say that any ranch is only going to treat you right if there is money to be made contradicts your point. With that line of reasoning, you would always get treated right as there is always money to be made.
Lastly, I have better things to do than argue back and forth with all of you about good or bad ranches. I am actually glad that forums like this exist as it should give you a real feel for any given ranch. And I have been to several, good and bad. The negative comments about LBR on this site made me very leery about this place and I only wanted to comment that our personal experience was entirely different from what I have read to the contrary.

Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch [Re: Billy Billy Billy] #4735958 11/10/13 06:46 PM
D
deven.kauffman Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
Thats why i dont hunt high fenced areas. A couple ranches that i went to before i deployed it was kinda sad to me looking at tame animals that just sat there or walked to the truck to get feed and thinkin how could you shoot an animal like that. For me i grew up in missouri no where near a high fenced area. to me its not hunting unless its fair chase. I understand exotics need to be high fenced but whitetail deer really? you guys should go book a hunt in missouri thats only 9 hours from temple tx. i used to guide there for several years! until i joined the army. Its all one price and ive took people thats taken 160+ inch deer and its fair chase. its absolutely one of the best hunting ranches out there! and the people there are truly amazing people that treat EVERYONE like family and country meals the WHOLE time you're there! just saying if you guys dont wanna waste you're money taking a chance at ranches like these then call them. If you want look them up on the internet. Weaubleau Creek Outfitters! trust me its well worth it! I go there with my wife everytime i go on leave and trust me whether its deer or especially turkeys you'll have no problems filling every single tag!

Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch [Re: deven.kauffman] #4736467 11/10/13 10:30 PM
K
kusai Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
After going through this thread, I noticed they have been massively spamming craigslist on every city in Texas.

Re: Lonesome Bull Ranch [Re: CPTTSU] #5026789 03/18/14 05:03 PM
S
Sharc Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Sounds like shooting fish in a barrel, then you have to pay for it. Not for me!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide