Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Weatherby Vanguard rifles [Re: blackcoal] #4426071 07/27/13 11:54 PM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I just picked up a used Vangard this morning in .243 Win. and hopefully will be shooting it tomorrow. I didn't know they were 5+1 on capacity, which I like a lot. I also like the 24" barrel. The Bushnell Banner on it now will probably be switched out with a Nikon, we'll see what else will need to be changed after shooting.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: Weatherby Vanguard rifles [Re: WileyCoyote] #4426474 07/28/13 02:52 AM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: WileyCoyote
All kidding aside, after being in the gun bidnizz a long time ago...I Jist Luv to hear folks drink the Advertising Kool Aide . Lets me know that Madison Ave's Advertisng still works.

I feel certain that Garuunteee has been lawerized to the n'th degree and has more escape hatchs than you can imagine without a Harvard Law Degree ...Just sayin' BTDT on both sides of that he said/she said deal.

Good advice though about not jacking with something from NIB until you have a problem or it doan't work 'zactly as advertised.

But I am not only old ...I am old school enough that I start carving on the barrel channel of every thing that comes home with me...well almost everything ...as a matter of just the initial cleaning of a new shooter, and forget whatever them pointyheaded engineers theat built the dang thing had to say about it.

I'd really like to hear a series of range trip progress reports with PICTURES.
Have Fun and takes lots of Range PICTURES!
Ron

Have you ever owned, shot, or taken advantage of their SUB moa warranty? I seriously doubt it by your reply. I am in the "gun bidnezz" now and have been for the past 25 years continuously. Their warranty is exactly as written. The first return is free and they shoot the gun, make adjustments if needed or replace it. When they return it it will have a target with the factory ammo used. If the customer has problems after that it is on the customer.

Re: Weatherby Vanguard rifles [Re: huntwest] #4429582 07/29/13 04:10 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Huntwest. Nope never owned a SubMOA and most likely never will. It's a personal thing with me and anything that Weatherby sells. I don't NEED to own a Weatherby for any reason...unless I can get one so cheap it oughta be called stealing to use as Trade Bait.

After Roy died, and Jr took over the company, one of my best friends and that rarest of all things in the gun bidnizz...an honest competitor, Dudly Grounds, who had repped the Weatherby Line for 22 years & had never missed a quota, got screwed out of the line by a guy from Tyler Tx at that time, & LOL who has since dropped Weatherby some time ago in his journey to becoming a Major Player in the Rep bidnizz by the same kind of ?ethical business practices, and now lives in Nashville last I heard.

As you know, The Sporting Goods Rep bidnizz is a dog eat dog bidnizz & I understand that, since I spent 13 years in the gun bidnizz as a distributor for almost 7 years dealing with Reps of all kinds, and 6 years as a Stoeger Rgl Mgr, only to loose the line to Company Politics despite representing over 22% of the World SAKO sales as Salesman of the Year one year, placing Llama handguns in a 300 store chain where I could generate 5 times the volume of the previous years annual Llama sales & doubled Llama sales in my 5 state Territory outside of the chain store, and selling 500% of the Stoeger Publishing Co's total annual volume in an opening order, then got fired 2 hours later after Stoeger Inc accepted the Order so I would not get paid for it.

In Dec 1988, one of my customers, mebbe the 3rd largest S&W distributor in the US at the time, arranged for me to be offered the hottest selling handgun line in the US. A day later I turned Glock down & and 9 other related lines I had picked up in the first 6 hours after the initial Glock offer at the old Denver Wholesale Show, where I was intro'ing Bersa as a Consultant for George Sodini Jr & his Eagle Imports Company to the US Market.

I took Dudly into meet Gunther the next day and recommended him for the 5 state Territory Line, because I smelled the same ?? ethics at play in Georgia that I had just seen Dudly get screwed with by young Mr Weatherby, and had gotten screwed myself with at Stoeger...and have never looked back. As an old long departed uncle used to tell me who'd spent 50 years in the Womens Ready to Wear bidnizz as a Rep...it's a "bidnizz ladies" business...stay out of it unless your morals are the same....

I'm glad you believe in the Weatherby Warranty...Papa Nix in Lewisville did for 30 years and built a ethical business on Roy's Rifles, but Bill is in the Rep bidnizz now and last time I saw him he didn't have Weatherby...wonder why?
I don't believe in Weatherby, and won't ever have the opportunity to need the Warranty, and couldn't care less about it. JMHO & YMMV since you asked.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 07/29/13 04:20 PM.

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide