Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Coastal lunatic encounter #4357731 07/01/13 06:28 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Alright! Well as promised fellas, here you go. Just after daylight in Port O’Conner, Texas. Me, a close friend and my wife were headed in the boat for a day’s worth of fishing. Things went very wrong very quickly.
I have fished the coast my whole life and understand the unwritten rules of others on the water. I like them to steer clear of where I fish and I like others to do the same. So as we headed through the bay as we approached other wade fisherman or boats we allowed a wide birth, even more so than usual as we are in an airboat.
I could see one last boat along the shoreline as we approached our destination. That boat as far as I could see had one wade fisherman about 100 yards from it. I turned the boat and went about 400 yards out into the choppy bay to give him the same wide birth as I had everyone else along the way. I noticed the guy stuck his arm way up and looked as if he were waving. I kept going and still watched as he did it again. I elbowed my buddy sitting next to me so he could see the guy waving at us. He saw it too. I slowed the boat to idle, took off my earphones and asked “Is he waving us over”? He raised both hands and we all agreed, he is asking us for help. So I drove over there and shut down about 20 maybe 25 yards from the guy.
When I shut off the engine this raving lunatic exploded into a rage as he was trying to run through thigh deep water. To save the cuss words from the forum, just plug in every explicit word you can thing of and add “I’ll whoop you #$%^&*@ #$% at the end”. It happened so fast he got to the side of my boat and started beating me with his fishing pole as I was seated in the driver seat. He got two good licks in before his pole broke. Then he reached up and grabbed my left leg as if to pull me into the water with him. I was done, saw an opportunity and tried to drop kick his head off of his shoulder. It is an akward position from where I was at on the tower of the boat and he saw it coming. He dodged it and back away.
Then he went for my anchor which was in a bucket right next to my wife on the front of the boat. That anchor is no different than two spikes on a hammer, the way it is constructed. Fortunately my wife saw he was trying to grab the bucket and was able to get it from him before he got a good grip on it.
Before we could get out of there this jack arse looked up at me and said “When I get to my boat I am going to F’n kill you”. He took my brand new rod and reel out of the rod holder on the propeller cage and flung it out into the water. OHHHHHH it was brand new!!! HE walked away and I was able to step off the boat and get the rod. It is screwed forever because of the salt water in the reel.
I had my wife with me and with this guy threatening to get a gun it was time to separate her out of this dangerous equation. So you hit me and it hurt. My pride is one thing, but it always takes back burner when compared to the safety of my wife. So I fired up the boat, got a pic of his hull ID numbers and went way out into the middle of a mud flat where his Haynie boat could never get to us. I shut her down and called the law. He has not been identified as of yet but he will be. He will be arrested for this senseless crime.
Here is my deal with it. I am a big man and I can defend myself. What will happen to the person who can’t defend themselves and they run across this lunatic. I tell you what will happen is he will hurt someone. So I felt duty bound to leave the area for the safety of my wife. Now I am duty bound to hunt him down like the criminal that he is and hunt him down I will.
All three of us could not believe that happened. Had the guy got ahold of that anchor, he would have had what is considered a deadly weapon. We would have been in the middle of a shooting with law enforcement 2 hours away. Way to go nut job!!
A lot who were not there ask well why I didn’t just drive away. You had to have been there to understand how fast this went down. From the time I turned the boat off until I was fired up and leaving again was about 45 seconds. Not long, at all. After right at 25 years of law enforcement I still can’t believe humans can be so terrible to other humans.

Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: wal1809] #4357749 07/01/13 06:39 PM
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
That's nuts. You go from investigating a person you think may need your help to having to defend yourself.

Crazy!

Originally Posted By: wal1809
Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!
Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: Marcstar] #4357763 07/01/13 06:44 PM
J
john paul Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Wow

Originally Posted by garrett
I'm with GK because I like salty old dudes.
Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: john paul] #4357821 07/01/13 07:19 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
I willing to bet someone damn near ran him over earlier, and his tolerance was shot. One guy in that water trying to take on a boat load of people in another boat defines lunatic though. Dude for sure has a few screws loose.

Suxs wal sorry some dude lost it, I've been damn near ran over before several times. ...but even when I'm mad and the one person that stopped and said are you ok... I defused instantily and laughed.

Story -- I was trying to wave a guy off and instead he pulls right up to me and says you ok..... I started laughing...i said yelp now that I know your not going to run me over. He apolized and I said no worries, but ill take one of the beers the misses is drinking if you have an extra. He laugh, and she dug in the cooler and bet over and gave me one. We chated for a while, gave him a few spots to try then he left. On a scale of 1-10 she was a 20, and that folks is why mirrored sunglasses were invented, couldn't even begin to tell you what he looked like.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: john paul] #4357827 07/01/13 07:21 PM
L
LarryCopper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Yeah I can imagine how you were caught off guard.

So I guess the guy was chootin' you the finger, not waving you down? Or waving to keep you away?

Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4357828 07/01/13 07:24 PM
C
Centurion Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I hate airboats but I would never do anything like that.

Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: Centurion] #4357857 07/01/13 07:37 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Wal

Hindsite Im betting He probably had a CCA sticker on his boat

smile

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4357866 07/01/13 07:42 PM
G
Gdogg Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
I'm guessing he's a real DB during the waterfowl season.

Wayne, you are a bigger man than me. When that dude grabbed my stuff and flung it in the water I would have come unglued.

Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4357872 07/01/13 07:43 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
amazing story

To be determined
Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: LarryCopper] #4357885 07/01/13 07:46 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
That's a dang shame. If I were in your shoes, I would be very hesitant to stop and help the next person that looks like they're flagging me down. Thanks for trying to be Texas friendly.

Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: HuntnFly67] #4357928 07/01/13 08:01 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
Sorry Wal I thought you recognized me

#sigline
Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: #Hayraker] #4357936 07/01/13 08:05 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Hayraker
Sorry Wal I thought you recognized me

You wading in salt water is one of propheies of the end of the world...

Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: #Hayraker] #4357939 07/01/13 08:06 PM
Cody Malone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Wow...

HF Whitetail / Exotic / S. African Safaris

Proudly Sponsored by:
Horizon Firearms / Swarovski Optiks / Under Armour / Yeti Coolers / Costa Del Mar / Havalon Knives

Malone Outdoors, LLC
C/254-722-9031 or E/ maloneoutdoors@yahoo.com
Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: HuntnFly67] #4357945 07/01/13 08:09 PM
W
WhiskeyandMe Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Crazy!

I am like you in that if I see someone that needs help...I will go to help them...

That is just how we are!

Crazy situation that ya'll ended up in!

Glad you all are okay!

J.J.

Looking for a Deer, Dove, Duck, Crow, Goose, Hog, or Turkey Hunt? Check us out! www.kentoutdoors.com

Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: WhiskeyandMe] #4357964 07/01/13 08:17 PM
G
Gdogg Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Sounds like a Billy Currington run in..............threatening someone's life will get you in some real trouble.

Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: #Hayraker] #4357973 07/01/13 08:21 PM
G
Growley Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
That's a pretty crazy story. I hope that I could have handled the situation as well as you did.

Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: wal1809] #4357974 07/01/13 08:21 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Wow. You're a better man than me. I might have George Zimmerman'd his arse grin, got my blood pumping just reading that. I got shot at one time by a duck hunter out in St Charles Bay. I was wading/throwing topwaters with a friend and apparently there was a duck hunter in a blind about 100 yrds from me that I didn't know about. Out of nowhere he decides to take a shot in my direction & the steel shot hit the water right next to me (no birds around). I turn around and I see this guy with his shotgun and a black lab wading back to his truck from the blind (shooting me the finger). It took a few seconds for what he did to sink in and then I was the one who went nuts. I took off running for my truck in knee to waste deep water as fast as I could, oh boy was the adrenaline pumping mad flame My buddy was yelling at me what are you doing!!! he's GOT A GUN!!! I said SO DO I!!! LOL, well I guess it worked out for both of us that he got to his truck and hauled but before I got to mine. Some people.....if someone shoots at me, or threatens to kill me that's a whole different ball game in my book. Hope they catch that hot head.

Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: Gdogg] #4357986 07/01/13 08:30 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
I have been in more than a dozen encounters like BOBO described. That is how people treat other human beings. You recognize you made a mistake or recognize the presence of a misunderstanding, you be a decent human being and you swallow your pride and be nice.

I am pretty sure now the signal he was giving from the get go was that of "I hate you for being in an airboat". I am sure when I came to him he had no idea in his brain I was coming to help, he made up his mind I was coming to challenge his right to hate me. He simply would not listen to reason because he was so enraged. His adreniline was pumping so hard he probably could not hear me. We as humans operate off of either the left or right side of our brains. WHen enraged it is possible for some to slip out of thinkingt the left and right side of their brain. it is at that minute they are in what is called the reptilian side of the brain.

A person thinking with the reptilian side of their brain is as dangersous as they get. Campasion and reason no longer guide their decisions. I have studied this for years and recognize he was a classic case of rage from the reptilian side of the brain. This person is a mental case as well as a criminal. Had he met with an older man, a woman, a youngster or simply a man who could not defend himself, I am sure he would have seriously hurt them or killed them. I am certain of this.

Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: skinnerback] #4357987 07/01/13 08:30 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Hmmmm ... can't believe someone who displays such a demeanor is still sucking down oxygen!

Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: skinnerback] #4358001 07/01/13 08:35 PM
T
TxDuck24 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Wal

ive been hunting and fishing POC for along time man, sorry to hear that.... and safety of your family and yourself is first, you did right by leaving man, on the bright side how was the fishing?

Ruffling Feathers Guide Service
Capt. Brandon Kendrick
936-671-3407
Port O' Connor, Tx
www.rfguideservice.com
Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: RayBob] #4358002 07/01/13 08:36 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Holding both arms up in a waving manner is sort of a universal sign for distress.

To be determined
Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: RayBob] #4358003 07/01/13 08:36 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted By: RayBob
Hmmmm ... can't believe someone who displays such a demeanor is still sucking down oxygen!

I am not a trouble maker, never have been. I like helping people and often do, but being attacked, threatened with your life, or shot at changes things a bit.

Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: TxDuck24] #4358005 07/01/13 08:37 PM
T
TxDuck24 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
realmad man im still mad about reading that

Ruffling Feathers Guide Service
Capt. Brandon Kendrick
936-671-3407
Port O' Connor, Tx
www.rfguideservice.com
Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: wal1809] #4358009 07/01/13 08:37 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
The only reason he was not tied up with the anchor rope and laid across the front of my bow on the grass rake is because I was with my wife.

As big as I am, I have had my arse whooped. I mean whooooooped before. Size means nothing in a physical confrontation. The worst arse whoopins I ever got were from little guys, that I convinced myself I could take, because they were little guys. That was dumb.

So with the fact that I know I can give out my fair share of whooping and I can take my fare share, we all know I stood a chance at losing. That is OK, been there and done it. But that is not the point. My wife and my buddy would then be left to fend off a crazy person had he gotten the best of me. When you are thinking clearly you have to take care of your people first. Geting Miss Julie out of a very dangerous place was first in order. It took swallowing a big old prde pill I assure you. But now way could I do that to her. I promised her father I would take care of her in the house of the Lord. That is my job.

Re: Coastal lunatic encounter [Re: TurkeyHunter] #4358013 07/01/13 08:38 PM
W
wal1809 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
Holding both arms up in a waving manner is sort of a universal sign for distress.

You are correct. His fourth or fifth wave was both arms crossed and that convinced me and my buddy he needed help.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide