Forums46
Topics538,060
Posts9,732,556
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: nsmike] #4260901 05/17/13 02:18 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: nsmike
This is dumb, you pay your money and please yourself, what anyone else thinks is irrelevant. If you think the LF/HF debate gets hot, try explaining hunting over a corned sendero, to a northern hunter. You'll end up on the reciving end of the same arguments the LF people use against HF hunters.

I did that one time as I has helping a guy drag a 160" deer out of alfalfa feild pretty damn funny, yankee make fun of texas boys, when he had 50 deer in a 120acre alfala pivot to choose from. He shut up after I asked him he wanted me to take his picture in a plowed feild down the road

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #4260909 05/17/13 02:21 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER
Originally Posted By: don k
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
This poor old dead horse must be a Zombie. You just can't kill it. I know of HF ranches where most that bad mouth them would get lost and probably sh*t themselves to death crying for momma before they could find their way out. Most that are bad mouthing HF were probably born on pavement and have never even hunted LF without a guide.

We are certainly living in a bizarre universe when the HF guys talk smack to those that hunt fair chase. You HF shooters are the mountain men and the fair chase guys are city boys now? roflmao

A few posts above the point is how easy the HF is and wondering why all the fuss about fairness?

You HF apologists will say anything. That's all I can come up with.
That shows you can't come up with much. Like I said before I know HF ranches if you were dumped in th middleof it with out your phone,gps or compass you would probably cry youself to death before finding your way out.

Do you say these things because that is what you would do? Don't project your fears on others just because you never mastered basic woodsman skills.

I get ya, you work hard all year, and you deserve to be driven to a nice, plush blind overlooking a feeder at exactly 100 yards while the "guide" goes to the pen to release your pre-paid, half-starved deer 400 yards away and out of sight. It makes a beeline to the feeder that just went off, you shoot a trophy, then go back and tell your wife and kids what a great hunter you are. cheers grin

That's funny, I don't get out of truck in okla or kansas until its time to shoot, and there isn't a feeder any were for 100+ miles.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4260957 05/17/13 02:32 AM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4260963 05/17/13 02:33 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I am glad you found the humor in it BOBO. I grew up hunting in Michigan. HF, LF I don't much care, but I find it hard to believe anyone could get lost in a fenced in area, high or low, as Don K suggested.

Now when I hunted in federal lands in the UP of MI? You could walk off the wrong side of the road and never be seen again. If the hypothermia doesn't get ya, the bears, wolves, wolverines, Mtn. Lions, etc. will. I guess you learn things out of necessity.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: BMD] #4260965 05/17/13 02:33 AM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #4260969 05/17/13 02:36 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
I am glad you found the humor in it BOBO. I grew up hunting in Michigan. HF, LF I don't much care, but I find it hard to believe anyone could get lost in a fenced in area, high or low, as Don K suggested.

Now when I hunted in federal lands in the UP of MI? You could walk off the wrong side of the road and never be seen again. If the hypothermia doesn't get ya, the bears, wolves, wolverines, Mtn. Lions, etc. will. I guess you learn things out of necessity.

You'll get carried off by a rabid pack of vulture size Mosquitos or drown in our hood.

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: rifleman] #4260976 05/17/13 02:38 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: rifleman

You'll get carried off by a rabid pack of vulture size Mosquitos or drown in our hood.

I'll bet. The black flies are pretty serious up north but thankfully by deer season all bugs are dead since it is usually about 20 degrees. Having said that, I much prefer hunting in TX.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #4261003 05/17/13 02:45 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

MI has wolves?

I willing to bet I know a high fence ranch that you would get lost on. But in all fairness its was 21k of deep east texas swamps, pines and bayous.

You think your the only one on this forum that has done a DIY hunt by your self in the wilderness? Come on man.

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4261007 05/17/13 02:47 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
I'll bet you a buncha $ you could drop me off on it and I wouldn't get lost!

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: jshouse] #4261008 05/17/13 02:48 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: jshouse

No it just shows you talk chit to people you don't know a thing about is all.
I have probably forgot more than you will ever know.

Like anyone could ever know that. [/quote]

Everyone's brilliant and indestructible on the internet.
(Usually because it's the only place they can be.)

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4261013 05/17/13 02:49 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Hunting is hunting wether you walk 6000' and 10miles a day or drive a pick up truck and walk 30' to a blind.

You want to be grizzly adams knock yourself out, but as soon as you bash someone hunting beliefs because you look down apon it, your no longer a hunter your just a big ego trip...nothing more nothing less

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: rifleman] #4261016 05/17/13 02:51 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

I bet your right you grew up on the damn thing.... you know every hole in the fence smile

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4261017 05/17/13 02:51 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

MI has wolves?

I willing to bet I know a high fence ranch that you would get lost on. But in all fairness its was 21k of deep east texas swamps, pines and bayous.

You think your the only one on this forum that has done a DIY hunt by your self in the wilderness? Come on man.

I never said I was the only one BOBO, come on man. You are just trying to be difficult grin. It's just that I find it hard to believe you can get lost inside a fenced in enclosure.

I am sure there are many more experienced hunters than I. The difference between myself and many others is that I continue to learn while others believe they know it all.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4261027 05/17/13 02:53 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Quote:

Apparent it goes both ways smile

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4261029 05/17/13 02:53 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R

I bet your right you grew up on the damn thing.... you know every hole in the fence smile

I'd walk south......South gate is right next to the beer stores. grin

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #4261033 05/17/13 02:54 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

MI has wolves?

I never said I was the only one BOBO, come on man. You are just trying to be difficult grin. It's just that I find it hard to believe you can get lost inside a fenced in enclosure.

I am sure there are many more experienced hunters than I. The difference between myself and many others is that I continue to learn while others believe they know it all.

Re-read your last sentence then think about getting lost again in a HF up

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #4261034 05/17/13 02:55 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
And yes, MI has wolves. The DNR says 2000 pair but it is likely closer to 10000. Mom had them in her yard 2 winters ago. Still no season for them there though, too many tree huggers. Wait until they cross the ice one winter into the LP and then you will hear the huggers scream. Each wolf eats between 12 and 20 deer each year they say.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: rifleman] #4261035 05/17/13 02:55 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

I'd walk south......South gate is right next to the beer stores. grin

Lol

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #4261037 05/17/13 02:56 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
And yes, MI has wolves. The DNR says 2000 pair but it is likely closer to 10000. Mom had them in her yard 2 winters ago. Still no season for them there though, too many tree huggers. Wait until they cross the ice one winter into the LP and then you will hear the huggers scream. Each wolf eats between 12 and 20 deer each year they say.

Just checking up

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4261041 05/17/13 02:56 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

I have learned to read a compass.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4261048 05/17/13 02:58 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Quote:

I am not the one talking smack about my hunting skills so, no, it doesn't.

I don't mind saying that it's my experience that the biggest talkers are not the biggest doers. This seems especially true when the talk is that HF is the tough guy way and fair chase is for city boys. rolleyes

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #4261055 05/17/13 03:00 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Me too but take it away and bet you get in a bind.

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4261077 05/17/13 03:06 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Quote:

I am not the one talking smack about my hunting skills so, no, it doesn't.

I don't mind saying that it's my experience that the biggest talkers are not the biggest doers. This seems especially true when the talk is that HF is the tough guy way and fair chase is for city boys. rolleyes

Ironically looks who puts who on the defensive first...thats my point

You come by the poking naturally. ..I call it a conditioned trait or motivator smile so you can't help it. first shot fired in these threads come from........... those that think their way is the only way

Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4261079 05/17/13 03:07 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

Me too but take it away and bet you get in a bind.

I got lost one time and had no compass. I spent most of the day wandering around and was ready to give up when the rest of my group found me. Then again, I was 6. wink

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: HIGH FENCE HUNTING or Low Fence Hunting / which is better [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #4261081 05/17/13 03:08 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
And why would you take my compass away?

LETS GO BRANDON
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread