Print Thread
NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. #4156347 03/30/13 07:44 PM
D
Don Dial Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
D
Having been a member of this org. for about 20 yrs the first time and let it expire..I joined again in Nov. 12..Since then I've gotten a bill for dues 3 times in the 4 mos..been solicited daily for donations..somethimes more than once..and just rec'd a video and coin w/a return env. that I didn't order
trying to sell me a home self defense course..I'm sending it back w/my MEMBERSHIP CARD, and asking they keep my other 7 mos.
dues that are paid and remove me from their mailing lists..It's not that I've not been involved in the Shooting Industry for the past 50 or so years..but Car Salemen have more manners..DD

Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Don Dial] #4156372 03/30/13 08:08 PM
C
Chris/HOU Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
They have only sent me one thing, a video of some sort. I wrote them a letter and shoved it in the envelope they provided to return the DVD. Basically it said I did not join the NRA to be bombarded with unsolicited crap and if they sent anything else it would be considered a gift.

Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Chris/HOU] #4156390 03/30/13 08:26 PM
donswin Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Deep down they have good intentions and do (along with the 2nd Amendment Foundation) keep an eye on attempts to infringe on our rights.

Their constant panic calls for one cause or the other can be annoying.

I bought a Life Membership, asked them to contact my exclusively by mail and blocked their calls. When I donate, it is because I pick the time & not just because the phone rang.

We now have peaceful coexistence.

PS: They are running a special of $300 for a life membership. It expires soon & that is less than I paid for my Senior Life Membership. You younger guys should jump on that. I think they will bill in installments.

Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Don Dial] #4156628 03/30/13 11:30 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I don't care what they send me, I get so much junk mail that their's isn't going to break my heart.

They are the 1st and last line of defense against anti-constitution leftist.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Mike W] #4156647 03/30/13 11:43 PM
C
Chris/HOU Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
I only care about stuff they send and expect me to pay for unless I send it back within a time frame. It's irritating, a waste of my time, a waste of our donations and I don't play that game. If I want to buy something from them, I'll order it. Other than that small issue, I love the NRA.

Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Chris/HOU] #4157357 03/31/13 01:43 PM
B
Bob in TX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Short sighted thinking at this point in time Don. Please reconsider.

The Texas Predator Posse
NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member

Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Bob in TX] #4157550 03/31/13 03:18 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
It does get a little frustrating. I renewed several months ago and every week I get something in the mail about joining or sending more money!

Come on, wake up guys I already did......

Wonder how much all those mailouts cost?

Also, anything someone sends me "without me asking for it" doesn't get it back unless they pay me for my time to return it.

Last edited by Hunt n Fish; 03/31/13 03:23 PM.

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4160015 04/01/13 06:55 PM
W
wacorusty Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
My #1 complaint with them. Although I rejoined after several years of being AWOL, it pisses me off that they continue to spend far more than my $35 on sending me crap! I've also had to opt out of each one of their email distribution groups separately. I lost count at 13 in the past month. This publishing clearinghouse mentality to it's own members is childish.

"The arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and assistance to foreign hands should be curtailed, lest Rome fall." Cicero
Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: wacorusty] #4160043 04/01/13 07:08 PM
S
Stoney Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
so....Do you guy's boycott Tom Thumb, Kroger, Walmart, Sears, and every other company that sends you junk mail in the mail? Couldn't their money be better spent saving you money at the check out line? The NERVE of them trying to get the word out about there products and offerings.

Those that worry about junk mail and solicitations will be the same ones here crying foul when any new gun legislation is served up. Your shortsightedness towards the greater good is amazing, especially in today's political climate.

BAKEN-ET's Pro Staff
Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Stoney] #4160360 04/01/13 09:07 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Stoney
so....Do you guy's boycott Tom Thumb, Kroger, Walmart, Sears, and every other company that sends you junk mail in the mail? Couldn't their money be better spent saving you money at the check out line? The NERVE of them trying to get the word out about there products and offerings.

Those that worry about junk mail and solicitations will be the same ones here crying foul when any new gun legislation is served up. Your shortsightedness towards the greater good is amazing, especially in today's political climate.

Well said.

Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Mike W] #4160393 04/01/13 09:19 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
I dont mind the junk mail as long as they include some of them handy address lables for me to use on my envelopes.

Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: JCB] #4160480 04/01/13 10:00 PM
N
notamtchance Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
N
I don't think thier compliant is as much about the junk mail that they get. As much as the way the NRA is using the funds they are given. Like sending renewal notices out only weeks after you join or renew your membership. You have to admit the money could be spent in a better way.

If I'm not hunting something I must be dead.
Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: notamtchance] #4160575 04/01/13 10:50 PM
B
Bonehead Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Is the $300 lifetime deal still available?
I'm thinking of upgrading now.....

Thanks for any links or info as all I get is forum stuff when I google it....

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."..Dr.Suess
Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Bonehead] #4160719 04/02/13 12:07 AM
D
Don Dial Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
D
Bob and Guys, I originally let my membership expire well over 25yrs ago because I got about 3 to 5 pieces of mail wkly asking for donations....We weren't in the situation we all face now. I fully support the organization and their views and ambitions, except for the "College Boys" they have trying to grow and increase their net worth..Most TV preachers don't work their members as hard..All of my buds are life or endowment members and
I probably would have been, had they just heeded one of my requests to stop pounding me w/solicitation and request for more donations..I doubt any one of us needs a "Self Defense Course" Don

Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Mike W] #4161361 04/02/13 04:49 AM
C
Chris/HOU Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Mike W

Well said.

No, it really wasn't. If any of the places he listed mailed me milk, candy, magazines, drinks etc. and then expected me to pay for it, when I never ordered it in the first place, then he would have a point.

I support the NRA. That does not mean I have to blindly follow along with everything they do.

Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Chris/HOU] #4161387 04/02/13 05:39 AM
S
Stoney Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
So Chris, did it somehow deduct the money from your account when you received it? Sending it back wasn't an option?

Some of you must be on some chump list. I have been a member for over 25 years, get very little in the way of solicitations from them and have NEVER received a video, coin, hat, cap or X-Ray glasses from them. They have my address and phone number.

This argument has played out here many times. It amazes me the attitudes some of you take towards an organization that does so much good for what we believe in. It must be a heck of a life you guys lead if getting a video in the mail is enough to set you off in a raving hissy fit. Thankfully my life doesn't seem to be that complicated.

BAKEN-ET's Pro Staff
Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Stoney] #4161896 04/02/13 02:28 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
So Chris, did it somehow deduct the money from your account when you received it? Sending it back wasn't an option?

Some of you must be on some chump list. I have been a member for over 25 years, get very little in the way of solicitations from them and have NEVER received a video, coin, hat, cap or X-Ray glasses from them. They have my address and phone number.

This argument has played out here many times. It amazes me the attitudes some of you take towards an organization that does so much good for what we believe in. It must be a heck of a life you guys lead if getting a video in the mail is enough to set you off in a raving hissy fit. Thankfully my life doesn't seem to be that complicated.

Are we getting a little testy? What hissy fit? - Some people just want the money they send for memberships and donations to be used against those who are trying to take away the 2nd amendment rights.

It amazes me that someone would think sending dozens of solicitations to members who have repeatedly renewed/joined and sent donations isn't a waste of money.

Send those solicitation notices to people who HAVEN'T joined or renewed. If necessary send a reminder that membership is about to expire but don't send me stuff. I didn't ask them too. I'd look at a catalog and select what I want and pay a price for it. Then send it, but stop wasting the money I did send on mailouts to the choir!

2cents yingyang

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Stoney] #4161995 04/02/13 03:06 PM
C
Chris/HOU Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C

You must have a reading issue, let me help you out. Bolded and underlined.

Originally Posted By: Chris/HOU
I only care about stuff they send and expect me to pay for unless I send it back within a time frame. It's irritating, a waste of my time, a waste of our donations and I don't play that game. If I want to buy something from them, I'll order it. Other than that small issue, I love the NRA.

You know what amazes me? The notion that the NRA hold such a high place in some of your minds that they are beyond reproach. Idol worship much?

Speaking of hissy fits, what do you call what you just posted? You can search my post history to see me defending the NRA but I say one negative thing about them and here you are. Look in the mirror.

Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Chris/HOU] #4162088 04/02/13 03:40 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I guess I'm in the minority. I have never received anything they asked me to pay for, they don't call me, they send me little junk mail.

Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Chris/HOU] #4162107 04/02/13 03:47 PM
S
Stoney Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

You know what amazes me? The notion that the NRA hold such a high place in some of your minds that they are beyond reproach. Idol worship much?

Speaking of hissy fits, what do you call what you just posted? You can search my post history to see me defending the NRA but I say one negative thing about them and here you are. Look in the mirror.

Maybe you have a reading comprehension problem. I didn't single you out. I quoted you but I had moved past that point. But hey, if the shoe fits.

I know you will get the last word in here, so in 3-2-1...

BAKEN-ET's Pro Staff
Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Stoney] #4162418 04/02/13 05:53 PM
C
Chris/HOU Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C

Maybe you have a reading comprehension problem. I didn't single you out. I quoted you but I had moved past that point. But hey, if the shoe fits.

I know you will get the last word in here, so in 3-2-1...

You didn't single me out? Do you call a group of people Chris? There's a comprehension problem here but it isn't mine.

Last edited by Chris/HOU; 04/02/13 05:53 PM.
Re: NRA...Solicitation//Money Raising.. [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4162432 04/02/13 05:56 PM
W
wacorusty Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Are we getting a little testy? What hissy fit? - Some people just want the money they send for memberships and donations to be used against those who are trying to take away the 2nd amendment rights.

It amazes me that someone would think sending dozens of solicitations to members who have repeatedly renewed/joined and sent donations isn't a waste of money.

Send those solicitation notices to people who HAVEN'T joined or renewed. If necessary send a reminder that membership is about to expire but don't send me stuff. I didn't ask them too. I'd look at a catalog and select what I want and pay a price for it. Then send it, but stop wasting the money I did send on mailouts to the choir!

2cents yingyang

THIS! EXACTLY THIS! I know what these mail outs cost based on my business. It's ridiculous and is the exact reason why I suspended my membership for years. If I give you $5 to go invest in something and you return with a $4 hat and first class postage with your hand out I ain't giving you another $5. I don't really know why I gave you $5 to begin with. Another thing, some of you guys are a bit blind to the NRA. They are a big defender for us, but don't forget that are the largest lobbying organization in the Universe and their job is to sleep with politicians. Be careful, they aren't going to lay on a sword for anyone of us if their mission fails.

"The arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and assistance to foreign hands should be curtailed, lest Rome fall." Cicero
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide