Print Thread
IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! #4141072 03/23/13 10:01 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Folk's I have stumbled on a gold mine. I'm talking monster gobbler's. The landowners fee's plus my guide fee makes this the best cheapest hunt in Texas right now. These bird's are un-touched.
THIS 1600+ ACRE RANCH HAS HAS ONLY BEEN TURKEY HUNTED 1 TIME THIS SEASON AND IS JUST NOW BEING OPENED TO TURKEY HUNTING AS IT HAS PRIMARILY BEEN A HOG HUNTING OPERATION. I HAVE 23 YEARS EXPERIENCE AS A TURKEY HUNTER AND OVER 5 YEARS GUIDING. I WILL PUT YOU ON THE BIRDS AND TEACH YOU HOW ALONG THE WAY. ANYONE WHO HAS EVER TURKEY HUNTED BEFORE CAN TELL YOU THERE IS NOTHING LIKE HUNTING BIRDS THAT HAVE NEVER EVEN BEEN CALLED TO. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN AWESOME TURKEY HUNT THIS IS IT. THERE ARE SOME MONSTER BIRDS ON THIS PROPERTY THAT HAVE NOT HEARD A TURKEY CALL OR SEEN A DECOY IN THEIR LIVES AND THEY ARE IN PRIME BREEDING MODE. THE LANDOWNER ONLY WANTS 6-8 GOBBLERS TAKEN OFF OF THE PLACE THIS YEAR SO HURRY HURRY HURRY AND CALL ME AND LET'S GO GET EM'.
FOR A TURKEY HUNT OF THIS GREATNESS IT WILL EASILY RUN YOU $1000 A WEEKEND FOR FULLY GUIDED. THIS HUNT IS BEING OFFERED AT $300 PER DAY 1 GOBBLER PER DAY. THAT IS DIRT CHEAP CONSIDERING THIS IS UNHUNTED AND HUNTS WILL BE LIMITED TO ENSURE SUCCESS RATES. CALL ME ASAP AND LETS GO GET EM. HUNTS ARE LOCATED EAST OF SAN ANTONIO AND SOUTH OF SAN ANTONIO BOTH ARE WITHIN' AN HOUR OF DOWNTOWN. CALL (817)420-0384
THE TWO RANCHES ARE THE SAME PRICE AND (ONE COMES WITH LODGING) BOTH ARE EQUALLY GREAT.
NIGHT HOG HUNTS WITH TEXASBOARS LIGHTS ARE 15O PER NIGHT PER HUNTER INCLUDES NICE LODGING. BAITS,FEEDERS, WATER WALLERS, 2-SEAT ELEVATED OPEN STANDS, TRIPODS,TREE, & BIG GROUND BOX BLINDS, THIS IS A YEAR AROUND FULL TIME HOG HUNTING RANCH THAT KNOWS HOW TO PUT THE HUNTERS ON THE HOGS, THE HOG HUNTS START EARLY EVENING AND HAVE NO TIME LIMITS, LOW FENCE FREE RANGEING VERY HEAVY FED HOGS, COVERED CLEANING AREA WITH LIFT, WALK IN COOLER, 1600+ACRES, LOTS OF HOGS FROM EATER PIGS TO BIG BOARS. BOBCAT & COYOTE HUNTS INCLUDED. HUNTERS STAY IN A NICE FULLSIZE RANCH HOUSE,FULL KITCHEN,LIVING ROOM,DINING ROOM, NICE BED & BATHROOMS,SATTV,BIGSCREEN,POOL TABLE,5- TON TRANE CENTRAL AIR,FIRE CIRCLE,OUTDOOR TABLES ,BBQ PITS & MORE. EASY IH35 ACCESS WITH PAVED ROAD TO RANCH . THIS IS A NICE RANCH TO HANG OUT WITH FRIENDS AND HUNT. WE HAVE BOW HUNTS,GUN HUNTS,CROSSBOW & PISTOL HUNTS. GUEST WELCOME
HERE ARE SOME GAME CAM PICS FROM THIS MORNING AND I HAVE PICS FROM THE WHOLE LAST WEEK. MONSTER BIRDS IN THERE WITH SOME HUGE PAINTBRUSHES FOR BEARDS. SCOUTING THIS MORNING THERE WERE 23 BIRDS SEEN 11 GOBBLERS AND 2 JAKES REST WERE HENS. GOBBLERS ARE IN IDEAL BACHELOR GROUPS OF 3'S AND STRUTTING AND GOBBLING LIKE CRAZY.

Just a few to let you know these birds are there right now and they are quality birds.

Guide's Life
Elusive Wildlife Technologies
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4141086 03/23/13 10:06 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Photography/videography is included in this hunts as all of mine are. Everything is fully guided from cleaning of animals to putting you on them.

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4141220 03/23/13 11:25 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Also slight discount's for military and youth hunter's. Already receiving calls and emails so ya' better hurry. Will stop taking hunt's between 6-8

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4141744 03/24/13 05:27 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Cliff notes? How much and what does it include?

Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: Txduckman] #4142400 03/24/13 06:01 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Pricing is listed above and what all it includes but I will post again. $300 a day either ranch both are full of turkey one seem's to have some seriously huge paintbrush birds. Not saying the other doesn't have some big longbeards I just haven't had as much time to scout the other place. One of the places is 1600 with lodging and the lodging is not rugged at all. (As listed above) HUNTERS STAY IN A NICE FULLSIZE RANCH HOUSE,FULL KITCHEN,LIVING ROOM,DINING ROOM, NICE BED & BATHROOMS,SATTV,BIGSCREEN,POOL TABLE,5- TON TRANE CENTRAL AIR,FIRE CIRCLE,OUTDOOR TABLES ,BBQ PITS & MORE. EASY IH35 ACCESS WITH PAVED ROAD TO RANCH . THIS IS A NICE RANCH TO HANG OUT WITH FRIENDS AND HUNT. THERE ARE BOW HUNTS,GUN HUNTS,CROSSBOW & PISTOL HUNTS. GUEST ARE WELCOME.
Guide service from "yours truly" will be an excellent tutorial on turkey hunting. I will not only do my best to put birds in your lap and give you the hunt of a lifetime but I actually take the time to teach others how to hunt turkeys. If you already know how then excellent we will just have a great time hunting them together. The 160 acre place is $300 a day with no lodging and it was scouted by me and the landowner saturday morning. Saw 12 longbeard's and 23 turkeys total. All of the longbeards ,except three, were broke off into easy to call bachelor groups and their behavior told me they were in Prime Breeding mode RIGHT NOW. Lot's of strutting and gobbling and chasing each other off. The game cam pics above are updated all the way to saturday when we were there, and I have 20 more that shows the birds under that feeder every single day and alot of them.( I just picked a couple that had the biggest beards in them.)
On the 1600+ acres with lodging the landowner took a guy from houston out to hunt it saturday morning and when I talked to him friday night he had roosted 40+ birds 10 minutes from the house. The landowner asked him why he was back so quick and if he had gone to "the back" where the turkeys were and he said "no I just roosted a whole bunch a couple minutes from the house here, no need to go any futher". Like I said also this place has been hunted 1 time in year's and year's as this is the first year it is open to turkey hunting. So one place has lodging the other doesn't really the only difference. I know the landowner on the 160 acres is only letting 6-8 birds leave the property and I know with my own eyes it is some fire hot turkey hunting right now that is why I highly recommend it. Both places are within an hour of each other though so if you wanted to lodge and hunt the 1600 and wake up and head to the 160 sunday morning that would work also. Quite a few option's with plenty of land and a whole bunch of untouched turkeys.
My guide service is full service from the moment you get to the ranch you will only have to pull the trigger. All calling, decoys, transportation on the ranch, blind setup if needed, cleaning the animals, photography/videography will be on me. The only thing I'm not responsible for is making your sandwich "cause usually I con my wife into making mine" and tucking you in at night. Everything else I can take care of. I mean everything, beer run's to the store so you don't have to drive after drinkin' just about everything. Money goes to the landowners so small tips for gas and food are appreciated.

Hurry and set your hunt's up I am still pretty much wide open other than a verbal commit for the 21st. I know for a fact those 8 birds on that 160 are not going to last long.

If you want to do a hog/turkey combo with lodging for the whole weekend it will be $700 that is turkeys all morning/day and hog hunting in the evening/night with texasboarslights. There are ton's of pig's and the landowner said it is not uncommon at all to see 200 at a time in some pastures. Hog's are any size and choot' em' all! Please call with any questions or to get your name on the calender. Like I said hurry I know I would want to be the first to hunt this unhunted birds!

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4142533 03/24/13 07:41 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
please be advised if you have sent me an email requesting a certain date (which a few of you have) Your dates are not booked! These are guided on 2 seperate ranches with two seperate landowners and I need to know which ranch you will be hunting. It is best that you give me a call to discuss your options. (817)420-0384 Then and only then will a name go down on the calender after a $50 deposit to cover gas from corpus to ranch in case of a no show. Only one deposit required whether it's 1 or 5 hunters hunting. Fixin' to post more pic's as they are slowly downloading now!!!!

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4142580 03/24/13 08:13 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Here are some of the other pic's from the past week. Sorry they take forever to download on this computer. I still don't think these justify the amount and quality of birds on this place.

Last edited by KeithTT; 03/24/13 08:16 PM.

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4142582 03/24/13 08:14 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4142587 03/24/13 08:18 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
As you may see from some of the spurs on these bird's, got some monster 3yo's in there.

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4142603 03/24/13 08:28 PM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: dgilbert] #4144344 03/25/13 04:29 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
3 birds are booked on the 160 acres and waiting for a phone call back for another. Hurry up and call me if you wanna come after one of these gobbler's. Now is the time don't wait and then say dang I should have went. Call me asap! Only taking 6-8 bird's. The 1600 acres has still only been hunted once and is wide open with hog hunting.

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4145397 03/25/13 11:03 PM
J
jjber220 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
How far is your place from DFW

Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: jjber220] #4146265 03/26/13 09:12 AM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Hey Folks I am heading to corpus christi for the week and may not be in cell phone range. Here are the packages and they can be mixed to fit your needs. We are almost completely booked for the 160 acres with the exception of two weekends I think. If you call my phone leave a message and I will get back to you asap or best bet is to PM me here and I will try to check it once a day.

I am running two different ranches with two different landowners, one is 160 acres on the east side of San Antonio and the other is 1600+ acres about 45 mins south of san antonio. There is no lodging on the 160 and there are only turkey hunts there at the moment. The 1600+ is a year round hog hunting operation that just happened to be covered up in turkeys too.

Both places are prob. equally excellent with there own unique hunting backgrounds.
The 160 acres has not had a hunter on it this year and all of those game cam pics from the hunting forum are from that property. If you are looking for a monster Longbeard this is the ranch for you. The birds have already broken loose from winter flocks and are as hot as can be in the breeding cycle right now (mostly in groups of 3's which is perfect). The land is located outside of Kingsbury tx and lodging/hotel will need to be within a reasonable drive to there early in the morning. You will not find 3yo+ birds of this caliber anywhere in the state for $300 a day. The landowner is putting a limit of 1 tom per person per day and only want's 6-8 taken the entire season. This is the first year to ever let anyone hunt on this family land as he is in between jobs and short on cash. He did say if someone comes in and smacks a bird right off the roost and another one presents itself then they can shoot that bird to at the additional day rate which is $300. So he is basically selling 6-8 birds at $300 a piece but he would rather space the shooting out thru the season to ensure the success rates. This property is awesome awesome awesome and the birds do live and roost on the property every day so there will not be a will they show or not.

The second property is 1600+ acres located south of San Antonio down I-35 and is and has been a big hog hunting operation for awhile now. The landowner has always notice turkeys throughout the property until spring hit and he started noticing them in flocks as big as 80-100 in a flock. One person has been out there to hunt it this season and upon his arrival last friday he roosted a large flock right by the house and didn't have to go any further. There is nice lodging on the property with SAT TV, Nice bed's, big screens, pool table, cleaning facilities, you name it it's there. If you are after hogs and turkeys this is the place to be. $700 gets you turkeys all day and hogs all night and lodging. So where the 160 is $300 a day this is $700 a weekend with hogs and lodging. If you are looking for turkey only on this property it will still be $300 a day.

Mix and match- My strongest recommendation is to mix it up a little maybe. With the 1 bird landowner-limit on the 160 I would not recommend hunting it two days in a row unless you are just dead set on it or if the birds threw us a curve ball or the god forbid "miss" occurs. I would recommend hunting the 160 the first day and smacking a big rio right off the punch, then we can head an hour south to the 1600 where you can hog hunt that evening lodge for free and turkey hunt the 1600 the following morning till noonish to conclude the hunt. That would run $300 for the first day at the 160 and a discounted rate would be applied for only half the weekend at the other property. I will have to check to make sure I'm not under with the landowner but I'm sure it will be $400 for the last day and a half on the 1600. This ranch has tons of hogs and turkeys and will be a blast for sure. As where the 160 has some known wallhangers who haven't heard a turkey call in their life hanging out in there right now. Nothing like fresh scouting reports and this is as fresh as it get's. The time and date are spot on - on those trail cam pics.

Look it over and if you have any questions give me a call. I can talk it over with the landowners and see about discounted rates for more than one if booking together.
Keith Aikens (817)420-0384
I will be in Corpus with no phone for a couple of days it would be best to email back with your name and number and I will get back to you when I have service. Thanks and happy hunting

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4150049 03/27/13 07:51 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Bump for Beeville, TX Not that bad of a town and the new job is going great. Can't wait to start smashin' on some longbeards!!!!

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4152247 03/28/13 06:01 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Almost full. If anyone is interested the rancher called me from today from the 1600 acres and said the birds and hogs are everywhere out there and nobody has booked up for this weekend. Someone take this guy up on this steal of a deal. No limit on turkeys un hunted this season and tons of birds fully guided! evening hog hunts with texasboars lights and awesome lodging included for $700 Read above about for more about the 1600 acres! Call Keith and leave a message (817)420-0384

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4152317 03/28/13 06:37 PM
C
Closed Traverse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I couldn't read that.... felt like you were yelling.

Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: Closed Traverse] #4154163 03/29/13 03:12 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Someone come down and take advantage of this 1600 acres. It is unreal how these birds and hogs are covering this property and nobody is booked for the entire weekend. Call me, come down tonight and then Saturday morning we chase those jellyheads, and stay on them thru the day with a rest/nap in the mid day just past noon time. Saturday evening try to find out what part of the ranch the turkeys are hanging out on so we know where to start on them sunday morning. After locating the birds whereabouts in the evening you will head to a hog set up that is heavily baited and full of hogs. Your preffered method to kill them is up to you there is a set up for almost everything. Hunt the pigs late evening on into the night with the Texasboars lights under the feeder which makes them easy to shoot at night. Awesome cleaning facilities and camp area with nice lodge big screens pool table sattelite tv, the works. Get a good rest in between 11ish and dawn and then hit right back into the turkeys till around noon when the weekend will be concluded. Awesome steal of a deal at $700 and I have been knocking $50 off for youth and military and I think it is def. fair to honor our law enforcement in that as well. You won't find this awesome of a turkey hunt and pig hunt anywhere in the state let alone for $700 fully guided and filmed for 2 days with lodging. That's dang near free! Bring your buddies along to I am a seasoned pro at 2-1 and 3-1 turkey guiding. 3-1 is pretty tough but it is manageable at times. My recommendations would be you and a good hunting buddy and we will def. have the skinnin' knives dirty.

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4162392 04/02/13 05:47 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Well the first hunt is in the book's and results were 2 dead toms about 20 mins after sunup and had to chase 4 away with a stick. Layed eyes on around 20 toms easter sunday and the thread with video is going up in the turkey section. Almost booked hurry and call. Updated game cam pics of these monster birds can be sent upon request.

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4164337 04/03/13 10:27 AM
G
gaharris Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
I am sure that some place in all this narrative you mentioned where this hunt will take place but can you refresh my memory and tell me what city or area we are talking about here?
How far from Ft Worth?
Please feel free to PM me directly if you would prefer
I might be interested, can be during the week or just weekends?

Sorry I found your location near San Antonio.

Last edited by gaharris; 04/03/13 12:47 PM.

Gary Harris
Quality Floors
Gary@qualityfloorsoftexas.com
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: gaharris] #4170333 04/05/13 07:57 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
It appears I have no bookings for this weekend so somebody give me a call and lets go get some gobblers. So Far Devinck came down and him and his wife killed 2 in one morning and then ramsey came down and killed 2 in one morning. Ramseys hunt had 7 setups 3 shots fires and 2 dead birds and the turkeys were still gobbling when we left. Call me and lets go get em' tomorrow or sunday (817)420-0384

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4173125 04/07/13 06:13 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
We are smashing the faces off of these monster gobbler's. Still have a few days left open to get a bird this season. Only been on two hunt's so far and we are 100% and I have plenty of pics, vids, and references if you need them. This place has never been hunted and may not ever be hunted again. Take full advantage of this sweet deal. I am positive that as soon as this landowner comes back into a little bit of money then he will no longer allow me to sell these hunts. Call me and let's get it set up. (817)420-0384. Congrat's to Ramsey and DevinCK who made it down this past week, each of them took home two great birds for the oven and wall. Including Ramsey's monster double bearded gobbler he took at first light. Both of their two day hunt's only took one morning to limit out.

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4177398 04/09/13 06:02 PM
K
KeithTT Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Almost full talked to the landowner and we will be booking 2 more hunts and that will wrap it up

Guide's Life
Re: IF YOU WANT A TURKEY YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!! [Re: KeithTT] #4183484 04/12/13 01:21 AM
B
BMowatt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
A long day chasing thunder chickens with Keith.
One bird down, story and pictures coming soon.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide