DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased #4135824 03/21/13 04:26 PM
R
Rockhunter Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
R
http://www.infowars.com/big-sis-refuses-to-answer-congress-on-ammo-purchases/

I hope the house of Reps has enough concerned members to keep asking and get an answer.

Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: Rockhunter] #4136019 03/21/13 05:57 PM
H
HeidelbergJaeger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Why does DHS need hollow point ammunition?

In over 18 years of active Federal service, I have never been issued a hollow point round. The Geneva Convention prohibits the use of such altered ammunition for use in combat. Why on Earth would the DHS have rounds designed to open upon impact thereby causing a massive wound channel inside of a body?

There is no explanation Janet Napolitano can give that will satisfy my sensibilities. Homeland Security now is akin to the Brown Shirts in 1939's Germany.

What has DHS prevented? Nothing. What DHS has done is turn low wage airport screeners into badged and duly authorized pedophiles and rapists. You can see a story almost any day of the week showing how a Disabled Veteran is abused and humiliated or how a child is fondled in front of his or her parents under the guise of "Security".

When will people realize what is happening? The continual erosion of personal liberties will render this nation without a spine and brain. Talk to anyone who has lived in a country that has lost their freedoms, they would sell their lives dearly to get that lost freedom or liberties back. In our country we have those who seek to destroy this republic from within, and they have our blue state brother's tacit authorization to do so.

Korea is nothing like Germany, and no amount of Army Modernization propaganda will convince me otherwise. I miss my wife and kids something fierce
Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: HeidelbergJaeger] #4136068 03/21/13 06:23 PM
B
Borane4 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Herr HeidelbergJager - The DHS might consider itself more like police and less like military when it comes to tactics. To prepare for the day when some DHS weenie shoots someone in an airport they are probably thinking about getting the bullets to stop and not penetrate and keep going. Hollow points are better for this. Ive never seen a police weapon that didnt have HPs...

Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: Borane4] #4136150 03/21/13 06:51 PM
H
HeidelbergJaeger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
I think that is the problem with DHS- they are not a law enforcement entity, but they have a director who believes that they are, and that they supersede any other form of Law Enforcement. They have no charter established by congressional act that authorizes them to conduct law enforcement operations at the Federal level.

I think that the day a TSA agent shoots someone inside of a terminal building, we will have a riot at that airport. As far as I know, the only DHS agency with LE ability is the US Coast Guard. I don't think that the Coast Guard is going to board ships at sea or in ports using 9mm hollow points. I know that they use standard 5.56 NATO ball ammunition when conducting search and seizures.

Korea is nothing like Germany, and no amount of Army Modernization propaganda will convince me otherwise. I miss my wife and kids something fierce
Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: HeidelbergJaeger] #4136255 03/21/13 07:47 PM
C
Chris/HOU Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Again, no TSA agent has or ever will carry a weapon. They are not LE and don't pretend to be...with the exceptional few who think they are. The Fed Air Marshalls fall under DHS and they carry, of course. Same with Customs and Border Patrol. Both use hollow points, have LE powers to some extent and neither are governed by The Geneva Convention.

Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: Rockhunter] #4136744 03/21/13 11:25 PM
D
DCS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
The House simply needs to defund the TSA until they tell us why they need all the ammo and armored up vehicles.

Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: DCS] #4137454 03/22/13 04:17 AM
C
Chris/HOU Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: DCS
The House simply needs to defund the TSA until they tell us why they need all the ammo and armored up vehicles.

What good would that do? How many rounds did the TSA purchase? I'll save you the effort of pulling an answer out of your butt...zero. That idea is akin to defunding the Air Force because the DoD purchased some new aircraft carriers.

Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: Chris/HOU] #4137584 03/22/13 10:28 AM
H
HeidelbergJaeger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
The Congress has oversight of this Department. If they wanted, they have the authority to withhold funding to get answers to their committee's line of questioning.

Not saying that specifically one organization within DHS is responsible, but there is an alarming precedent within the DHS of refusing to answer Congressional inquiry. The DoJ also does this, and Obama's administration was supposed to be the most transparent ever.

In all honesty, there are probably good folks working for TSA. Do I believe that they are the rule rather than the exception? Unfortunately no. I think that the creation of the TSA was a knee-jerk reaction to lax airport security, and after 9/11 many people were not bothered with the Government telling them that this new organization was going to keep them safe as they fly.

Look at every thing the DHS has jurisdiction over- ICE (who can't arrest illegals, even in a congressional hearing), CBP (who get sued by the illegals they arrest) and TSA (who fondle more people then find terrorists trying to board planes).

Look at the news to see just how many airport terminals are closed due to a passenger going through a security checkpoint. This happens weekly, and if you or I had a massive security lapse at our jobs every week, we'd be looking for new employment.

Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: HeidelbergJaeger] #4137952 03/22/13 02:06 PM
C
Chris/HOU Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: HeidelbergJaeger
The Congress has oversight of this Department. If they wanted, they have the authority to withhold funding to get answers to their committee's line of questioning.

Not saying that specifically one organization within DHS is responsible, but there is an alarming precedent within the DHS of refusing to answer Congressional inquiry. The DoJ also does this, and Obama's administration was supposed to be the most transparent ever.

Yep, that's the problem with appointed officials at the head of these organizations. The possibilty of them being held accountable for their actions is near zero. Who is going to punish them? The Pres who put them in this position? Highly unlikely, especially this Pres!

In all honesty, there are probably good folks working for TSA. Do I believe that they are the rule rather than the exception? Unfortunately no. I think that the creation of the TSA was a knee-jerk reaction to lax airport security, and after 9/11 many people were not bothered with the Government telling them that this new organization was going to keep them safe as they fly.

I wouldn't say it was knee-jerk because it was certainly needed. I would say that it was and still is poorly implemented and led.

Look at every thing the DHS has jurisdiction over- ICE (who can't arrest illegals, even in a congressional hearing), CBP (who get sued by the illegals they arrest) and TSA (who fondle more people then find terrorists trying to board planes).

All of these are examples of failed leadership by the Pres and his appointed cronies.

We all know that the TSA could be run better by using profiling and a more refined risk based approach so lets forget about the stupidity of patting down children, the elderly etc. and get right to the meat and potatoes.

How do you quantify effectiveness of something used as a deterent? In my opinion, you base it on results or, better put, lack of successful attack or attempt. Has the TSA caught a confirmed terrorist...no. Has there been an attack since TSA came to be...no. Has the TSA been effective at preventing an attack? Based on my criteria...yes.

The media has a special fondness of pointing out the failings of the TSA but, as usual, are slow to point out their successes.

Look at the news to see just how many airport terminals are closed due to a passenger going through a security checkpoint. This happens weekly, and if you or I had a massive security lapse at our jobs every week, we'd be looking for new employment.

Most of these security breeches are not the fault of TSA. If a passenger or employee decides they want to run through an exit lane or bypass a door, there isn't anything the TSA can do about it besides call LEOs and shut down the terminal. Afterall, they aren't law enforcement and don't have the power to stop and detain.

Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: Chris/HOU] #4139409 03/23/13 12:35 AM
T
txhippo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
My question is why do the manufacturers still sell when they know what is going on ?

BEANS AND BULLETS
Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: txhippo] #4139905 03/23/13 05:58 AM
A
Aquaman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
It's very scary to think about.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt
Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: txhippo] #4140056 03/23/13 11:47 AM
H
HeidelbergJaeger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: txhippo
My question is why do the manufacturers still sell when they know what is going on ?

because in capitalism, the manufacturer doesn't care who buys, just that they buy.

Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: HeidelbergJaeger] #4140105 03/23/13 12:26 PM
Z
zombiedrifter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Z
Why does not the American Citizen realize these are OUR EMPLOYEES and as such, we can fire them.
The most effective way to stop an employee from showing up to work, is to simply STOP PAYING THEM.
They are paid by your tax dollars. You are funding this beast.
If a contractor came to your home to repair your roof and acted in a manner as the Federal Gubmint has acted, and not just in a TSA groping folks..(but if that same contractor had a roofer fondling your daughter....) but in all areas....cost over runs, outright lies, missed deadlines, you know what I am saying, you would have thrown them off your property and sued them in a court of law, and most likely won damages.
I do not see a difference.
Texans must stand, or surely they will kneel. And that ton of ammo is to make you kneel.

Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: zombiedrifter] #4140931 03/23/13 08:24 PM
T
txhippo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T

BEANS AND BULLETS
Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: txhippo] #4141240 03/23/13 11:37 PM
2Redd Offline
Tracker
Tracker
"Why does not the American Citizen realize these are OUR EMPLOYEES and as such, we can fire them".

I tried to fire Obow we see how that worked out .The small number that would actually stand up and cut off the tax $ they pay would just be jailed or sent to getmo for acts of you know what.

It's going to take a total melt down before any real change will happen . It may not happen then with the shelters and equipment they have amassed vs the lack of equipment available to the citizenry .

A body at rest tends to stay at rest. A body in motion tends to be lookin for a place to rest.
Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: 2Redd] #4142121 03/24/13 03:21 PM
G
Grendel 6.5 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
This has nothing to do with TSA. It is on a rather grander scale that they predict the need for a stockpile of ammunition. No, it doesn't involve an outbreak of zombies. There is however a looming crisis coming regarding the U.S. economy which will yield a major change in the standard of living. This will quite likely lead to civil unrest of various forms and severities. The Feds and politicians blow a cover of smoke by talking about inflation and job numbers. The real issue is that the Fed Reserve keeps printing currency to cashflow our debt service. It's not backed by GDP or any value, it's just paper. Other countries, in particular China, are not blind to this. We have enjoyed the luxury of being the world's currency for decades. But, that is about to change and that event (not Republicans) will be what forces change. China is pushing their currency to other countries as we speak pointing out that Americans cant control reckless spending. It will be much more painful but it is coming. The DHS will become the Obama police to "deal with" issues of concern (ie, civil disobedience and unrest). For the naysayers, I don't have a hole dug out back or wear a tinfoil hat. But, I've looked at the fiscal numbers and reactions of other countries to our fiscal irresponsibility. A correction has been a long time coming and it's getting closer.

Last edited by Grendel 6.5; 03/24/13 03:35 PM.

I go to Bone Daddy's for the burgers....yeah, that's why.
Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: Grendel 6.5] #4142149 03/24/13 03:33 PM
T
txhippo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Grendel 6.5
This has nothing to do with TSA. It is on a rather grander scale that they predict the need for a stockpile of ammunition. No, it doesn't involve an outbreak of zombies. There is however a looming crisis coming regarding the U.S. economy which will yield a major change in the standard of living. This will quite likely lead to civil unrest of various forms and severities. The Feds and politicians blow a cover of smoke by talking about inflation and job numbers. The real issue is that the Fed Reserve keeps printing currency to cashflow our debt service. It's not backed by GDP or any value, it's just paper. Other countries, in particular China, are not blind to this. We have enjoyed the luxury of being the world's currency for decades. But, that is about to change and that event (not Republicans) will be what forces change. China is pushing their currency to other countries as we speak pointing out that Americans cant control reckless spending. It will be much more painful but it is coming.

x1000 The numbers don't lie

BEANS AND BULLETS
Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: txhippo] #4142398 03/24/13 05:59 PM
***Sean*** Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I dont know but I have some .45 hollow points for a counter attack!! lol

Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: Rockhunter] #4143505 03/25/13 03:24 AM
J
JimTX Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Hey guys, I am not saying the Gov is not stocking up for a future event, but I want to inject a little dose of reality into this topic.

DHS is a large organization, which has a number of law enforcement related entities under their umbrella. The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center also falls under their umbrella. They are responsible for the firearms training for a whole host of Federal law enforcement entities. It is a FACT that the Feds train with and carry hollow point ammunition, so that does help to explain large purchases of hollow point ammunition. I know, hollow point ammo is much more expensive and doesn’t make a lot of sense to me either, but that is the way it is. After all, it’s not their money they are spending……its yours.

Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: JimTX] #4143616 03/25/13 04:57 AM
T
txhippo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
But 1.625 BILLION rounds come on !

BEANS AND BULLETS
Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: txhippo] #4143625 03/25/13 05:04 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
It has been over 30 years since I worked for a defense contractor, but back then, just because you got an order request, did not mean you actually sold that amount to the Department of Defense. I would bet that total is no where close to what will or even has been ordered so so far. All the government was doing was asking for bids, not asking for the shipping.

HWY_MAN even stated the same thing on another thread. The orders don't mean squat, what counts is what is actually purchased and shipped. Anybody have that figure?

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: dogcatcher] #4143639 03/25/13 05:41 AM
T
txhippo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
It has been over 30 years since I worked for a defense contractor, but back then, just because you got an order request, did not mean you actually sold that amount to the Department of Defense. I would bet that total is no where close to what will or even has been ordered so so far. All the government was doing was asking for bids, not asking for the shipping.

HWY_MAN even stated the same thing on another thread. The orders don't mean squat, what counts is what is actually purchased and shipped. Anybody have that figure?

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/02/16/ho...-long-iraq-war/

Last edited by txhippo; 03/25/13 05:43 AM.

BEANS AND BULLETS
Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: txhippo] #4143687 03/25/13 10:21 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Your link is not saying anything we haven't already heard but it like the rest keep leaving out the the same important item, how many have been shipped. That would be easy to determine just by going to GSD or Procurments website, if an order was made off of any of those blanket PO's it will be there.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: HWY_MAN] #4143780 03/25/13 12:28 PM
T
txhippo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
maybe you naysayers should find a better link for us ?

BEANS AND BULLETS
Re: DHS won't answer why so much ammo purchased [Re: txhippo] #4143784 03/25/13 12:34 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide