Print Thread
Hog hunts #4066288 02/19/13 07:13 PM
Z
Zac Brashears Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
Z
Hey everyone we have been coming down to northwest texas around seymour and olney and again around dallas from Nebraska for the past several years hog hunting. We have had varied success and would like to know if anyone would help out on giving us reputable outfitters anywhere in northwest northcentral or northeast texas. There would be 8 of us coming every year and don't mind paying. We just would like a place with opportunities at seeing pigs and having the feeders baited which has been a problem in the past We are looking for a free range hunt. Thanks for any posts!

Re: Hog hunts [Re: Zac Brashears] #4068922 02/20/13 04:58 PM
C
cheaphoghunts.com Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
My name is Brian,
My wife and I own 400 acres in East Texas by Jacksonville(south of Tyler). The back part of our property is surrounded on 3 sides by shallow swamps that pigs love. Hunters cant get to the lower property surrounding us, so there is no pressure or hunters anywhere near the back property and pigs are thriving. You can search for info about Lake Stryker and feral hogs. Most people refuse to pay for a deer hunting lease near the lake because the pigs are so bad, and we are one property to the East of the spillway with spillway and creek flood channels running through out property. We have 8 feeders with box blinds and lights on feeders. Our property is 200 acres of pine plantation and the back is hardwood bottoms that pigs are destroying both. The back 200 acres are flooded by 2ft of water when the lake opens the flood gates(which is weekly right now) pigs love it. Bring your own 4 wheeler, no dogs, camping only( no hookups but rv accessible), or hotel rooms are 20 minutes away. Campsite have plenty of dry firewood, outhouse, benches, and 8ft picnic table, and a barrel of non potable water for washing hands and dishes( rain water collected not for drinking). I have lighted game cleaning stations with plenty of non potable water. Here is the great part, $300 per hunter, one flat fee for a 2 day hunt(usually Friday at noon until Sunday at noon unless other arrangements have been made), NO Trophy fees, or any other fee(unless you want me to retrieve, clean,and package hogs for you then 35 per animal), SHOOT AS MANY AS YOU CAN OR WANT, plenty of coyotes, bobcats, foxes, and in December I had 3 hunters spot a black mountain lion crossing the road(no one had a gun). I keep all feeders full year around, and chum roads and open areas with corn the day before you come. I have been on several paid hunts, on other property, over the years and have been lied to and cheated, I know how hard it is to find a good place you want to come back to over and over. My wife and I own this property and only sell a few hunts per year to offset the cost of the property, usually only sell one hunt a month from Jan.-May, then it gets to hot and not fun. It's not over hunted. I stay on sight in my hunting cabin while your there, so if you need help you can find me. Otherwise I leave you alone and help everyone go home with some meat. I also have 2 hog taps that can be set to up the meat take. This is free range hunt I have trail cams set up and pigs are coming in right now from dark until 230 in the am. Usually a sow with 4 piglets just before dark then 3 bores and two groups of 6 after that, then lights get pretty dim. In the morning feeders go off at 630, but being free range just depends on whats in the area trail cam at one feeder had 1 group of 4 right at daybreak. Most hunters are successful and I can help out with lots of info. Mainly don't blast around on your 4 wheelers playing in the mud all day then try to go hunting an hour later. Right now pigs are hungry and hitting every feeder every night.
Most successful hogs go like this, show up to the property by noon. Then all the paperwork, Maps are given out with stand locations to each hunter. we then tour every stand, feeder, and bait station. Go back to camp and set up and get ready for your hunt. I recommend being in your stand 1 hr before sunset and stay as long as you can sit still. In the morning you need to drive 3/4 of the way down and sneak in pigs are skid-dish in the morning and its very quiet back there. Sit until 930, check hog traps and then return to camp eat breakfast and get some sleep or relax until your evening hunt. Let the property rest and quiet down before you hunt that evening. If you have any questions please feel free to give me a call Brian 972-365-7474. leave a message and I will call you back shortly.

Re: Hog hunts [Re: cheaphoghunts.com] #4068966 02/20/13 05:12 PM
W
wall8053 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: noluv
and in December I had 3 hunters spot a black mountain lion crossing the road(no one had a gun).

I've gotta see this.

Last edited by wall8053; 02/20/13 05:15 PM.
Re: Hog hunts [Re: wall8053] #4068975 02/20/13 05:17 PM
A
Armalite260 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
popcorn

Re: Hog hunts [Re: Armalite260] #4069253 02/20/13 06:22 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
I had 3 hunters spot a black mountain lion crossing the road(no one had a gun).

Unhunting hunters? No gun? No camera? No evidence? But all three spotted a mythical creature never actually documented by science.

Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 02/21/13 01:23 AM.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Hog hunts [Re: Double Naught Spy] #4070048 02/20/13 11:28 PM
H
hunt-and-fish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
If you're willing to travel a little bit further, we have 10,000 acres between Uvalde & Camp Wood, TX.

Hog Hunts cost $495 for a 3 Day / 2 Night Hunt with up to 3 hogs, all lodging, meals, guide & kill fees. (Our only additional fees are for skinning, quartering & caping.)

We also have exotics and offer Helicopter Hog Hunts.

512-795-4868
Booking@BCBOutfitting.com

www.BCBOutfitting.com

www.bcboutfitting.com
www.facebook.com/bcb.outfitting

Offering hogs, exotics, whitetail & helicopter hunts.

512-795-4868 or Booking@BCBOutfitting.com
Re: Hog hunts [Re: Zac Brashears] #4071205 02/21/13 10:35 AM
F
fegall Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
F
and if you'd like to try even deeper South Texas, I have 2 different ranches to choose from. See my other Hog Hunt offering at http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...t_D#Post4062267 to get an idea. Again, you'd have the whole ranch to your hunting party, and cause there're 8 of you I can discount the daily rate.

PM me if you're interested.

fred

Re: Hog hunts [Re: fegall] #4071960 02/21/13 04:32 PM
Z
Zac Brashears Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
Z
Thanks for the info guys. I will definately keep you in mind because those are places that we are looking for. We enjoy the camp just as much as the hunting would just like to at least have a few opportunities at harvesting hogs or at least seeing them. We would still like to find something a little closer because of varying schedules we usually leave early friday am and return on Monday. Thanks for the info though! I will talk it over with the crew.

Re: Hog hunts [Re: Zac Brashears] #4071980 02/21/13 04:38 PM
Z
Zac Brashears Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
Z
By the way I should mention that we are looking for a free range hog hunt not in a pen! We have nothing against it just enjoy the hunting part of it. Thanks for any info on recommended outfitters or contacts!

Re: Hog hunts [Re: Zac Brashears] #4072647 02/21/13 08:01 PM
F
fegall Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
F
just to clarify, I am low fence, hence, all free range hunting. All I do is throw corn from the feeders, though mainly for the deer, but this is south Texas, and I've got tons of hogs. I run my feeders year round. Your group will be the only ones onsight, and I'm open to discuss some type of compensation for a poor hunting outcome and put it in a written contract (I only mention this because I AM LOW FENCE, and cannot guarantee that feral hogs will cooperate). If you PM me, I can email some additional .pdf documents with camp pictures etc....

fred

Re: Hog hunts [Re: fegall] #4072824 02/21/13 09:14 PM
Z
Zac Brashears Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
Z
PM sent

Re: Hog hunts [Re: Zac Brashears] #4073079 02/21/13 10:43 PM
H
hunt-and-fish Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
I should also mention that we are 6,800 acres low fence.

www.bcboutfitting.com
www.facebook.com/bcb.outfitting

Offering hogs, exotics, whitetail & helicopter hunts.

512-795-4868 or Booking@BCBOutfitting.com
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide