Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: Csddarden] #3942759 01/12/13 12:56 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Csddarden
^^^ sounds like a darn good, stand-up guide to me.

up

Roger that!

To be determined
Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: TurkeyHunter] #3942890 01/12/13 01:40 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
10:4

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: TxFowler80] #3942907 01/12/13 01:47 AM
H
hookemall Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
Originally Posted By: TxFowler80
Originally Posted By: supersampson12
Yea, I kinda got jerked around. I was originally supposed to hunt near bonham but the guide cancelled and set me up with another guide and sent me to sherman. This was after we already reserved a motel in bonham, so cancelled that and found one in sherman. We had a good time though. The guides I hunted with were real cool guys and did the best they could, but there just weren't many birds flying. I was not charged full price for the hunt so thats good.

Stewart,

First off i want to let you know that the reason things were changed around is because where your group was originally scheduled to hunt. Was not holding as many birds as it had been previously during scouting a few days before. So we had to make an adjustment at the last minute. I can tell you that i got the full story when we got back as to what happened. My self and another co owner of mine were down at Blast and cast ministry event down in Rock port Texas. The place you guys hunted had over 100 birds on it the day before. But birds will be birds sometimes. That's why its hunting. I can also tell you that i know you paid with a check. I can tell you that the check has not been cashed and will not be cashed. You are not going to be charged anything at all for three guys shooting three birds. I do not run my business like that and never will. Your satisfaction and treating clients the right way is what is most important. If you go to our website you can clearly see that we have a great name and no negative press is out there on us. So that being said i can rest you assured that had we have been there none of this would have happened. Please shoot me a pm and i would like to visit with you further regarding this matter and what i can offer you to hunt with us again.

Regards,

J Stafford
Blackland Outfitters

Well played sir! That is taking care of business for sure I'll be booking next season

Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: TxFowler80] #3942983 01/12/13 02:17 AM
Nathan Nelson Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Yea, I kinda got jerked around. I was originally supposed to hunt near bonham but the guide cancelled and set me up with another guide and sent me to sherman. This was after we already reserved a motel in bonham, so cancelled that and found one in sherman. We had a good time though. The guides I hunted with were real cool guys and did the best they could, but there just weren't many birds flying. I was not charged full price for the hunt so thats good.

Stewart,

First off i want to let you know that the reason things were changed around is because where your group was originally scheduled to hunt. Was not holding as many birds as it had been previously during scouting a few days before. So we had to make an adjustment at the last minute. I can tell you that i got the full story when we got back as to what happened. My self and another co owner of mine were down at Blast and cast ministry event down in Rock port Texas. The place you guys hunted had over 100 birds on it the day before. But birds will be birds sometimes. That's why its hunting. I can also tell you that i know you paid with a check. I can tell you that the check has not been cashed and will not be cashed. You are not going to be charged anything at all for three guys shooting three birds. I do not run my business like that and never will. Your satisfaction and treating clients the right way is what is most important. If you go to our website you can clearly see that we have a great name and no negative press is out there on us. So that being said i can rest you assured that had we have been there none of this would have happened. Please shoot me a pm and i would like to visit with you further regarding this matter and what i can offer you to hunt with us again.

Regards,

J Stafford
Blackland Outfitters

PM me J Stafford I will hunt with you next season...

Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: Nathan Nelson] #3943297 01/12/13 04:13 AM
T
Texpolo1106 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Wow, stand up guide service. There are a few out there that could learn a thing or two from that level of integrity. Way to go. Makes me want to book a hunt.

Realtor at The Chinworth Real Estate Group
Keller Williams Brazos West
817-223-8456
Lic# 0765947
Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: Guy] #3943480 01/12/13 05:50 AM
S
supersampson12 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: Guy
How many shells you shoot?

4 0r 5 ?

Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: Nathan Nelson] #3943482 01/12/13 05:52 AM
S
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: Nathan Nelson
New duck hunter here, been 2 times and shot 1 bird. Got a hunt set up with Blackland Outfitters for sunday morning. Will post some pictures after the hunt.

Where are you located?

Forney TX, near Dallas.

Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: TxFowler80] #3943489 01/12/13 06:01 AM
S
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S

Stewart,

Regards,

J Stafford
Blackland Outfitters

I got your voicemail Josh, thanks for calling. Hope to speak with you soon.

Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: Ben Lilly] #3943503 01/12/13 06:17 AM
H
Hooligan Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Looks like a great guide to me. First I've ever heard of doing that! Will be saving up for a hunt with him next year to support an honest business

Militavi Non Sine Gloria
Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: Hooligan] #3943505 01/12/13 06:22 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Nicely done TxFowler clap

Most guides would say a hunt is a hunt, and I would agree. IMO, you have gone above and beyond cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: txshntr] #3943538 01/12/13 07:05 AM
S
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
Looks like Blackland's getting some business for next year!

Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: supersampson12] #3945254 01/13/13 12:01 AM
N
NTX Waterfowl Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
N
We had our hunt with Blackland this morning and had a great time. The weather didn't cooperate as much as we needed but Josh worked hard to keep us on the birds. If we hadn't have been ring-neck snobs for the first half we would have had a few more wink The guys are running a great operation and we will definitely be back, big thanks to Joe and Josh for their hard work!

Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: NTX Waterfowl] #3946407 01/13/13 06:08 AM
T
TxFowler80 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Guys thank you all for you kind words. I am just making sure that the right thing is done in this and every situation. I pride my self on honesty and integrity and our reputation is what is most important along side providing a quality service. Nathan you are over you limit for pm's i tried to send you one. Thanks again guys! I look forward to meeting some of you new faces this next season.

"Fowl Addiction"

Blackland Outfitters Guide Service
www.blacklandoutfitters.com
Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: Ben Lilly] #3948459 01/13/13 11:13 PM
F
FamousAmos Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Now that's a man of integrity. A guide who anyone should confidently book with. A man who doesn't just attend ministry events, but one who walks his talk. One who I admire.

“And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.”
‭‭Micah‬ ‭6:8‬
Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: FamousAmos] #3952226 01/14/13 10:27 PM
T
TxFowler80 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Stewart,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with you regarding you hunt with us and your concerns. Like i said the check you guys paid has been shredded and not cashed. I also got your text this morning with your address and as i said i will refund your initial hunt deposit to you as well.

Thanks Again,

Joshua Stafford

"Fowl Addiction"

Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: FamousAmos] #3952228 01/14/13 10:28 PM
M
mikey1313 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
I was one of the other three guys on that hunt, have nothing but nice things to say about them. It wasnt anyones fault that the birds did not show up and they still went above and beyond. Stand up guys, we will be setting up another duck hunt for next season and at least 1 hog hunt for this year. I will be a returning customer for as long as they are in business.

Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different.

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: mikey1313] #3952642 01/15/13 12:12 AM
S
steve_twice Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
First guided hunt, obviously you were disappointed not to be covered up with birds.
But I hope you will insist on sending the guide another check, or make a donation to the ministry he mentioned. He held up his end of the deal.

Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: steve_twice] #3957675 01/16/13 02:38 AM
T
TxFowler80 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Steve,

I talked to Stewart and got everything worked out. I decided to not only refund his groups initial deposit. But also the remainder they paid after the hunt. They are super nice guys and i am looking forward to having them out with us again this next season. As i said i just did what i felt was necessary to make amends with regards to their hunt with us. But all is good now and settled. I appreciate all you guys comments. And thank you all for your support.

"Fowl Addiction"

Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: TxFowler80] #3958182 01/16/13 04:44 AM
G
GreyDuck Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G

Stewart,

Regards,

J Stafford
Blackland Outfitters

Does anyone have Chris Slemp's email address? This needs to be forwarded to him.

Great job Mr. Stafford!!

Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: GreyDuck] #3959403 01/16/13 04:47 PM
I
Is That Good? Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I
I wish we had a like button on the forums. I've wanted to "like" several posts on this thread.

Re: First guided hunt sunday morning [Re: Is That Good?] #3959436 01/16/13 04:53 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Nice... good read

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide