Forums46
Topics538,052
Posts9,732,436
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Looking to get a group together for a lease in central Texas [Re: BLUERIBBONS] #2923214 01/12/12 03:15 PM
E
elliscountyhog Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
Originally Posted By: BLUERIBBONS
Thanks for the encouragement Russ and I am glad you enjoy your new sport. You sir are correct, I do not want to be the manager, if you would reread my original post you will see that I specifically pointed this out. I believe a democracy for a group would be a much better situation. I did not post rules, I posted what type of lease I would ultimately like to be on. How was I supposed to find like minded members if I didn't express what type of lease I wanted to be on? sleep

I LEARNED a valuable lesson in this very subject this year. I tried to do this with a group of guys and it simply did not work. You need to be the lease boss if it is going to be a place you will want to keep and manage. People will come in with there own rules and make up rules as they go, there will need to be someone there to enforce rules. I know its a hunting camp and should not be this way, but when you mix people that have never hunted together before ther WILL be issues.

Re: Looking to get a group together for a lease in central Texas [Re: elliscountyhog] #2923357 01/12/12 03:52 PM
R
Russ79 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
I wasn't trying to give you any grief over what you are trying to do. My main point is that how you word things on these threads can save you a lot of grief. If you would have just said "this will be a gun hunting only lease" then those of us that bowhunt would probably just move along. If you say "bowhunting won't be allowed" then you are going to get a lot of bow hunters that will want to know what you have against bow hunters.

Re: Looking to get a group together for a lease in central Texas [Re: Circleb41] #2923421 01/12/12 04:11 PM
O
OIFbowhunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
This is hilarious.

Started out as an evening hunt in the stand. Ended up being a siesta til 9pm.
Re: Looking to get a group together for a lease in central Texas [Re: OIFbowhunter] #2923463 01/12/12 04:22 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
no alcohol Zero tolerance, I don't drink and don't mind being around people that drink but I think it belongs in a bar and not on the deer lease.

No bow season\if you bow hunt it would have to be during the regular season. (I don't think its fair to nonbow hunters

Im out...sounds like a good deal for the right people though...

Re: Looking to get a group together for a lease in central Texas [Re: Navasot] #2924193 01/12/12 08:08 PM
C
ChiefDanGeorge Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I agree recon04, I wouldnt have believed this if I hadn't seen it. Dang, I beleive some of y'all would argue with a stump!
Blueribbons, I'm interested. It sounds like fun and we already have something to laugh about if we get a chance to meet!

Re: Looking to get a group together for a lease in central Texas [Re: Circleb41] #2924431 01/12/12 09:23 PM
B
Bradbiggs Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Would hog hunting with dogs be a option???

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
--George Patton--

Re: Looking to get a group together for a lease in central Texas [Re: Navasot] #2924472 01/12/12 09:34 PM
B
Bradbiggs Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Originally Posted By: Navasotbred
no alcohol Zero tolerance, I don't drink and don't mind being around people that drink but I think it belongs in a bar and not on the deer lease.

No bow season\if you bow hunt it would have to be during the regular season. (I don't think its fair to nonbow hunters

Hahaha I have to say nothing like cracking open a cold beer on a hot summer day , but I think drinking and hunting is right up there with drinking and driving !! why would you wanna put others at risk so you can have a good time ?? I think this man has valid points and just wants a nice place to hunt with responsible hunters .and about the bow hunting thing I am sure he has nothing against bow hunters , but since he does not wanna bow hunt he wants to have a fair chance to bag the big one also

I would love to find a nice lease with a group of guys that are like minded . if you do not mind that I hog hunt with dogs, I would be interested . I would not go out a month before deer season that way the deer are not spooked from the lease as i do not much like deer hunting i rather hog and coyote hunt . I am currently not in texas will be there in 2 months if you have not found the 5 keep in contact and would love to meet up and talk about this

Last edited by Bradbiggs; 01/12/12 09:58 PM.

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
--George Patton--

Re: Looking to get a group together for a lease in central Texas [Re: Bradbiggs] #2924697 01/12/12 10:45 PM
B
BLUERIBBONS Online Content OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Thanks folks for your input! Bradbigs, I think you might be better served finding places that want the hogs population knocked down for your hunting. Heck, have you seen the tv show American Hoggers? Ranches are paying hunters like you to do what you want to pay for.

What kind of hog dogs do you use? I owned a black mouth cur several years ago. He became overly agressive and I had to put him down. Hardest thing I think I have ever done! I loved that dog and we had shared some good varmint hunts but he crossed the line. At the time I had a 14 year old daughter at home and if I couldn't trust the dog I couldn't trust him with my daughter. The final straw was when I corrected him for something and he growled and then lunged up and nipped me on the chin. That required 5 stitches and one long rifle shell.

Re: Looking to get a group together for a lease in central Texas [Re: Russ79] #2925164 01/13/12 01:17 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: Russ79
If you don't want bowhunting on this lease, then why didn't you just say that this will be for gun hunters only. That way bowhunters won't jump in here and try to railroad what you are trying to do.

He said there was "No bow season" \. I kind of see his view, but I also see the bow hunters view. I'd be for the bow hunter if he/she hunted at their stand only during bow season

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Looking to get a group together for a lease in central Texas [Re: hoof n wings] #2926306 01/13/12 12:28 PM
B
Bradbiggs Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Actually at this moment I have no dogs .I was moved to panama for work 2 years ago and i am slated to move back in two months .I already started looking for new dogs but like always this will be a process ,as i think like you I can not have a liability running around my house and around my family. so has to be friendly ,or it will have to go .so I guess need to figure out a lease first ,and it is always so hard to find land owners that would let you hunt thier land .even when it is hogs they wanna charge you .so I would rather pay for a lease that way I can have the freedom to hunt when ever i want ,without having to ask .

Last edited by Bradbiggs; 01/14/12 01:13 AM.

--George Patton--

Re: Looking to get a group together for a lease in central Texas [Re: Bradbiggs] #2929500 01/14/12 03:18 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: Bradbiggs
Originally Posted By: Navasotbred

Hahaha I have to say nothing like cracking open a cold beer on a hot summer day , but I think drinking and hunting is right up there with drinking and driving !! why would you wanna put others at risk so you can have a good time ?? I think this man has valid points and just wants a nice place to hunt with responsible hunters .and about the bow hunting thing I am sure he has nothing against bow hunters , but since he does not wanna bow hunt he wants to have a fair chance to bag the big one also

I would love to find a nice lease with a group of guys that are like minded . if you do not mind that I hog hunt with dogs, I would be interested . I would not go out a month before deer season that way the deer are not spooked from the lease as i do not much like deer hunting i rather hog and coyote hunt . I am currently not in texas will be there in 2 months if you have not found the 5 keep in contact and would love to meet up and talk about this

Im not talkin bout gettin sloppy drunk guy...sure i may have a few in the stand but i save my drinkin for while im cleanin animals...just kinda tradition around here...like i said sounds like a fun gig for the right people just not this guy

Re: Looking to get a group together for a lease in central Texas [Re: Navasot] #2930080 01/14/12 09:11 PM
B
BLUERIBBONS Online Content OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Thanks for the massive response! We currently have more than enough folks for this group. If you want to message me and be put on a backup list your welcome to do so!

thanks!

Re: Looking to get a group together for a lease in central Texas [Re: Circleb41] #2956752 01/24/12 06:27 PM
B
BIGTEN 155 7/8 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
I am interested but have to side with the bowhunter on what has turned into a debate about the fairness of bowhunting on a lease.Bowhunting is much more challenging than rifle hunting although I thorughly enjoy both , . Count me in and PM me your info so I can get in touch with you and chat , please and Thanx for your rapid response.

I love the Great State of Texas and the opportunities to enjoy the outdoors, "All things are possible through Him that strengthens me!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide