Forums46
Topics539,856
Posts9,755,004
Members87,193
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: M Bennet] #2925589 01/13/12 02:56 AM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Had enough of this for the night.

Talent is a gift, character is a decision.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: A.B.] #2925609 01/13/12 03:00 AM
B
BOAR'D HUNTs Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
Where this is taking place is a ranch that does this for a business! Feeding 400 lbs of corn a day! To the hogs,, for people to come and hunt, and they pay good money, travail 1000's of miles. Even from other country's. So while you come and chase the hogs off my privet land to guided your hunters with your hog dogs, we will all be scared and look the other way! Don't want someone cutting my fence because they are crazy (LOL)! I think stupid people should do better research on whose land they and playing on! But we can't fix stupid. You know damn well what you are doing, when you do this repeatedly. I am not looking to shoot a dog, but I know that the law now protects people like myself from people like you! And when you are caught, it will be a felony(with very large fines and jail time). And again, you will be Caught! I did read a story about a man that had dogs of his shoot, while chasing hogs (3 of his hog dogs) and a big ranch, but never found the shooter. You must treat your dogs like kids, you don't send them to a bank with a gun and ask them to bring back a little cash, what the hell do you think will happen! Oh, yes, you can't fix STUPID!!!!!!!!!!

BOAR'D HUNTs
We have the Cure for the Out-of-Season Blues.

www.BOARDHUNTs.com
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: A.B.] #2925628 01/13/12 03:03 AM
O
OIFbowhunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
funny how this story started about trespassers and now is about shooting or not shooting dogs on private property. Amazing how things get blown out of proportion.

Started out as an evening hunt in the stand. Ended up being a siesta til 9pm.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: OIFbowhunter] #2925720 01/13/12 03:21 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: recon04
funny how this story started about trespassers and now is about shooting or not shooting dogs on private property. Amazing how things get blown out of proportion.

I find it amazing that some people think just because their dog crosses a fence, that gives them the right to tresspass!

Last edited by hoof n wings; 01/13/12 03:22 AM.

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: hoof n wings] #2925761 01/13/12 03:27 AM
B
BIG BEN Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: hoof n wings

I find it amazing that some people think just because their dog crosses a fence, that gives them the right to tresspass!

No but the dogs owner does have a right to retrieve their property, This thread just shows how many trigger happy uneducated rednecks there really are in Texas. Let me ask this, So if the neighbors cattle get on your land and eat your cows cubes and hay, hence taking their food which would be considered harrassing your cows you have the right to shoot your neighbors livestock?

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: hoof n wings] #2925778 01/13/12 03:30 AM
H
Hunter1975 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
In the end everybody is here for the same reason. HUNTING. Dogs..Guns...Bows...Traps...Snares it dont matter its everybody here enjoying the same thing. Yes there are some really terrible hog doggers out there but just dont assume they are all bad and everybodys dogs pay for some people. Yes prosecute the trespassers to the fullest but if their dog runs on your place from the 3000 acre place he has permission to hunt on...cmon, its gonna happen just like your wounded deer will wonder on to the other property before it drops... Heck, go hunting with the dogs you might put down your gun and start doggin if your in good enough shape to keep up with em.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Hunter1975] #2925810 01/13/12 03:38 AM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
My son and I enjoy going with the boys from time to time. I have no doubt my son will get into dogs and hog hunting when he gets a couple more years on him. I have no problem at all with that.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Hunter1975] #2925897 01/13/12 03:56 AM
B
BOAR'D HUNTs Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
Originally Posted By: Buckhunter1983

No but the dogs owner does have a right to retrieve their property, This thread just shows how many trigger happy uneducated rednecks there really are in Texas. Let me ask this, So if the neighbors cattle get on your land and eat your cows cubes and hay, hence taking their food which would be considered harrassing your cows you have the right to shoot your neighbors livestock?

Originally Posted By: Hunter1975
In the end everybody is here for the same reason. HUNTING. Dogs..Guns...Bows...Traps...Snares it dont matter its everybody here enjoying the same thing. Yes there are some really terrible hog doggers out there but just dont assume they are all bad and everybodys dogs pay for some people. Yes prosecute the trespassers to the fullest but if their dog runs on your place from the 3000 acre place he has permission to hunt on...cmon, its gonna happen just like your wounded deer will wonder on to the other property before it drops... Heck, go hunting with the dogs you might put down your gun and start doggin if your in good enough shape to keep up with em.

When you mess with the way someone makes a living, and you are the reason I am not getting payed. Because you keep on doing the same silly thing. you say, you have all this land, but I have 500 hogs on me, lets get close and let out the dogs, its ok, we have 10,000 acres to hunt on, who will say anything. Again,,, You can't fix STUPID!

BOAR'D HUNTs

www.BOARDHUNTs.com
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: BOAR'D HUNTs] #2925921 01/13/12 04:03 AM
O
OIFbowhunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
hope you catch those starving fools.

Started out as an evening hunt in the stand. Ended up being a siesta til 9pm.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: BIG BEN] #2925937 01/13/12 04:07 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
[quote=recon04]

No but the dogs owner does have a right to retrieve their property, This thread just shows how many trigger happy uneducated rednecks there really are in Texas.

So your telling me that it is legal for someone to let their dog loose, then follow it onto my property, whether it stays there or not, to retreive it?

It also shows that there are some uneducated rednecks that believe everything inch of land they see belongs to them. There is also a lil difference between a cow coming on my property and a dao running/hunting on it!

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: BIG BEN] #2925974 01/13/12 04:15 AM
H
Hunter1975 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
[quote=hoof n wings][quote=recon04]This thread just shows how many trigger happy uneducated rednecks there really are in Texas.

X2

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: catchrcall] #2926201 01/13/12 06:35 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: catchrcall
Originally Posted By: rifleman
It's assumed domesticated dogs are kenneled up or contained to properties they belong. Wild dogs cross property lines in pursuit of females or animals.

BS. Wild dogs don't have collars, let alone big four inch collars and tracking collars with antennas sticking up.

With that fancy equipment one would think a person could keep up with the dogs grin

there's really nothing I dislike more than a barking dog on a place, I threaten to cut my wife's inside dogs' squeakers out daily.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: hoof n wings] #2926238 01/13/12 08:21 AM
H
Hog Creek Outfitters Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
[quote=recon04]

No but the dogs owner does have a right to retrieve their property, This thread just shows how many trigger happy uneducated rednecks there really are in Texas.

So your telling me that it is legal for someone to let their dog loose, then follow it onto my property, whether it stays there or not, to retreive it?

It also shows that there are some uneducated rednecks that believe everything inch of land they see belongs to them. There is also a lil difference between a cow coming on my property and a dao running/hunting on it!

Why do some people insist on being so stubborn and close minded? We are not all trespassing idiots that you may think we are. Most of you have probably never hunted behind a pack of dogs, and do not know the amount of time and effort it requires to make a good dog.
We may be hunting a 500 acre place 3 miles from your land and if my dog hits a pig that wants to run 3 miles to your place before it bays, then my dog is gonna stay with it because that is what it is trained to do. We then have the right to call a Game Warden & get permission to walk onto your land, kill the pig, and leave. What is the big deal with that?
If you had any respect for the hard working farmers that lose million's of dollars a year to wild hog destruction it wouldn't bother you one bit.
Quit being so closed minded and thinking your way is the only way. I don't even hunt during deer season. I have respect for deer hunters because I am not a stubborn fool. If you would try hunting behind a good pack of dogs one time, it would become a lot more clear to you.

Last edited by Sabana River Hunter; 01/13/12 08:59 AM.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Hog Creek Outfitters] #2926244 01/13/12 08:52 AM
H
Hog Creek Outfitters Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
And another thing, if you would just call the dog to you and catch it, it will most likely have a name tag with a phone number and/or a tracking collar. Call the number or hold the dog until they track to it. Then you can give 'em a good butt chewing instead of shooting their dog. If that happened to me, I would have enough respect to not hunt anywhere near your place again.
We started a hog out a farmer's grain field the other night and chased it to the end of his property, almost 6 miles away. We ran that hog from 12 am until 8 am and by the time we caught him we had lost a dog and his tracking collar was dead. We couldn't call him in, so we left a shirt & went home to rest. About lunch time we got a call from a deer hunter saying he found our dog on the way back from his deer stand and that he was in good hands until we could get there. We ended up getting our dog back, making 3 new friends, and acquiring 600 acres of hog hunting land. No harm done.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Hog Creek Outfitters] #2926283 01/13/12 11:48 AM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Game Wardens can give you permission to trespass? That is not how I understand it. Our local GW has called me twice over the years to tell me he would like to retrieve a deer. One was a Poached animal that made it onto the back of my place and the other was a buck a fella from Dallas shot and made it across 2 fences before dying 30 feet onto my property.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: A.B.] #2926308 01/13/12 12:31 PM
J
JonesFisher Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
I know a lot of hog doggers and a lot of landowners in my area, everyone is pretty divided on the issue of hunting hogs with dogs in the first place. Ive had numerous hog dog hunters ask permission to run dogs on my land, and my awnser is allways," thanks for asking but NO." I offer guided deer hunts and just do not want to chance having deer ran from the area. I know that they are trained for hogs only but its not a chance I do not want to take. I would also have to deal with the wrath of my wife if allowed dogs on my place, she doesn't understand how ppl can use dogs knowing that the life expectancy of a hog dog can be cut short in an instant. But I personaly think that if you have access to the amount of land needed to contain a hog with dogs get after it. But there are landowners here that have taken out dogs that cross fence lines. I have returned several dogs back to owners myself and unless they are threatening wont shoot a collared dog. i cant judge those landowners who do not, I wasnt there. Yall hog doggers should know the dangers to the dogs from the hogs as well as landowners before you ever train them, so before you threaten to slit a humans throat for shooting a "dog" just think about it.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: JonesFisher] #2926384 01/13/12 01:27 PM
A
agsellers04 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
Hey Boar d hunts, my Granddad owns land not far Bois D Arc from where you guys hunt hogs and anyone who has ever spent any amount of time in Fannin county knows that trespassing is not at all appreciated around those parts. Anyone who would trespass in Fannin county is putting their safety at risk, not to mention breaking the law. I know of lots of people around there who would "handle it" first, call the law later... Maybe... Moral of the story is keep yourself and your dogs off other people's property unless you first ask permission... Especially my Granddad's property becuase I would kill all of your dogs (because I do in fact turn into one of those "ignorant trigger happy rednecks" when I get pi**ed off) if I see them on his land and no one would ever find them again... I hate trespassers.

Last edited by agsellers04; 01/13/12 01:31 PM.
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Hog Creek Outfitters] #2926394 01/13/12 01:29 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: Sabana River Hunter

We then have the right to call a Game Warden & get permission to walk onto your land, kill the pig, and leave. What is the big deal with that?

I'd suggest you actually read the law. A game warden cannot grant you permission to cross onto someone else's land.

He can make contact with them on your behalf, or cross onto it himself, but he cannot give someone the green light to follow their dogs after a hog onto your land. I know this for a fact because I called the game warden for assistance in tracking a wounded deer onto a neighbor's property and he flat told me as much. Most likely he would contact the owner and ask as a favor for you to be allowed to retrieve your dogs as quickly as possible. That also wouldn't involve killing the pig. All these rights you think you have are complete fiction.

For all the big talk about uneducated rednecks, you're pretty uneducated yourself.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: A.B.] #2926398 01/13/12 01:31 PM
H
HWY_MAN2 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: aggiebrahma
Game Wardens can give you permission to trespass? That is not how I understand it. Our local GW has called me twice over the years to tell me he would like to retrieve a deer. One was a Poached animal that made it onto the back of my place and the other was a buck a fella from Dallas shot and made it across 2 fences before dying 30 feet onto my property.

The game warden may come onto my property but the owner of the dog will not, I'm not to fond of running hogs with dogs to start out with. Theres been numerous pictures some posted here of dogs cut up, tore up and dead from running hogs. I love my dogs far to much to allow them to get hurt.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: cameron00] #2926399 01/13/12 01:31 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Furthermore, if you're trespassing on someone's property with weapons on you, you're really asking for it if the owner feels like being a jerk.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: cameron00] #2926404 01/13/12 01:33 PM
H
HWY_MAN2 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: cameron00
Furthermore, if you're trespassing on someone's property with weapons on you, you're really asking for it if the owner feels like being a jerk.

Yep I'll go out of my way to put them in Jail.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: cameron00] #2926416 01/13/12 01:36 PM
H
HWY_MAN2 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: Sabana River Hunter

We then have the right to call a Game Warden & get permission to walk onto your land, kill the pig, and leave. What is the big deal with that?

I'd suggest you actually read the law. A game warden cannot grant you permission to cross onto someone else's land.

He can make contact with them on your behalf, or cross onto it himself, but he cannot give someone the green light to follow their dogs after a hog onto your land. I know this for a fact because I called the game warden for assistance in tracking a wounded deer onto a neighbor's property and he flat told me as much. Most likely he would contact the owner and ask as a favor for you to be allowed to retrieve your dogs as quickly as possible. That also wouldn't involve killing the pig. All these rights you think you have are complete fiction.

For all the big talk about uneducated rednecks, you're pretty uneducated yourself.

You might also add that the owner does not have to grant permission.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: HWY_MAN2] #2926482 01/13/12 02:01 PM
B
BOAR'D HUNTs Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN2

Yep I'll go out of my way to put them in Jail.

BOAR'D HUNTs

www.BOARDHUNTs.com
Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: BOAR'D HUNTs] #2926655 01/13/12 02:51 PM
L
Leonardo Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Since the dogs can't read then it is the owner's responsibility to prevent them from trespassing. If you can't keep your animal on the property you have permission to hunt then you are being irresponsible and are at fault if one of them gets shot.

Matter of fact you better not be on my property to know if your dog got shot. You have no right to retrieve your dog or cross my property under any circumstance without my permission.

You teach your dogs all kinds of things you might as well teach him to stop when you give the command.

This BS about the dog can't read is retarded! Ignorance is not a defense.

Re: Pic, of big hog, & note for trespassers, enjoy! [Re: Chief Joe] #2927306 01/13/12 05:52 PM
D
dadawg Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
maybe they dont know what privet land roflis

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide