Page 1 of 2 1 2
Speaking of Trained Dogs..... #2914892 01/10/12 01:04 AM
S
STJS45 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
Where is the best (and good price) place to get a started lab?
And if not started where is the best place in Texas to get trained? and Wheres the best place to get the pup?

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: STJS45] #2915002 01/10/12 01:26 AM
Cody Malone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Check out iron spike labs

HF Whitetail / Exotic / S. African Safaris

Proudly Sponsored by:
Horizon Firearms / Swarovski Optiks / Under Armour / Yeti Coolers / Costa Del Mar / Havalon Knives

Malone Outdoors, LLC
C/254-722-9031 or E/ maloneoutdoors@yahoo.com
Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: Cody Malone] #2915025 01/10/12 01:30 AM
F
fowlplayr Offline
Shenanigans Scorecard keeper
F
Marks-A-Lot Kennels - Caddo Mills

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: Cody Malone] #2915031 01/10/12 01:31 AM
E
Erichugh22 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
I would send your pup here if you want him trained. http://www.xtremeoutdoorgundogs.com/retriever-training-texas.htm

An absolute amazing facility. He is a really good guy. Give him a call. I cheked out his place for a friend and it's awesome.

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: Erichugh22] #2915149 01/10/12 01:56 AM
F
Fooshman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
F
Tons of different answers/opinions on this subject.

[Linked Image]

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: Fooshman] #2915163 01/10/12 01:58 AM
T
Texredraider Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Mark at extreme gun dogs told me he doesn't even do the training.,he brokers it. You pay him 600 he pays a train 4-500. That's why I marked him off my list. I am looking at tioga retrievers or Tim at brushy creek retrievers

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: Texredraider] #2915165 01/10/12 01:58 AM
T
Texredraider Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Mine is a pup

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: Texredraider] #2915181 01/10/12 02:03 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Mine was trained at extreme 3-4 years ago.. Did a great job

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #2915189 01/10/12 02:05 AM
T
Texredraider Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Isnt there a guy named Tim slattery?

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #2915205 01/10/12 02:07 AM
D
Duck Buster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
I Don't know if you're set on getting a pure bred registered lab, BUT, have you considered checking out a local animal shelter?

I have gotten my last 2 hunting dogs from shelters, and have had nothing but success. It may just take a little longer to find a dog to fit your criteria instead of going to a breeder and picking out a dog.

Otherwise, Good Luck!

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: Texredraider] #2915236 01/10/12 02:14 AM
F
fowlplayr Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Texredraider

Yes, but keep looking. 2cents

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: Texredraider] #2915240 01/10/12 02:15 AM
H
huck18 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
If you want a great dog contact Angie Becker at Tioga Retrievers.

www.tiogaretrievers.com

Check out the websites "Started Dogs" page.

I have handled "Colt" and "Driver" out at her place they are for sale for $2000 each. I can say for a fact they are fine dogs. Both of them have great drive and are completly steady and FF. I have a dog with her now and when I come out to train they let me handle the started dogs to get them socialized to new handlers. It you wanted a dog strictly for hunting I would say they are pretty close to being a finished dog. But when you think about it getting a quality pup is probably going to cost $800+-. You could get a dog ready to hunt today for $2000. And they are fine dogs steady as a rock with good drive. I wanted to buy one of them for my stepdad for Christmas but I just couldnt spend that kind of cash on gifts. If you can swing it cash wise you should, you will not be disapointed.

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: fowlplayr] #2915268 01/10/12 02:19 AM
T
Texredraider Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted By: fowlplayr

I was actually kidding. Think he was put out of business.

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: huck18] #2915275 01/10/12 02:19 AM
H
huck18 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Oh by the way you mentioned training too. That will cost you around $500 to $600 a month. Add up the cost of three months and the cost of a quality pup. Your in it for way more than $2000.

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: fowlplayr] #2915414 01/10/12 02:48 AM
L
LuckyDucker Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: fowlplayr

X2...

Check out Angie at Tioga Retrievers. I've seen her make great dogs out of dogs that other trainers washed out, or damn near ruined. Whoever you choose, be sure to go out and see their training grounds, kennels, etc. and go on a few training days with them. If the trainer doesn't allow that, do not use them.

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: huck18] #2915493 01/10/12 03:08 AM
Bond659 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

For sale: i paid $800 bucks for this gorgeous champion bred lab and then invested over three months with a professional trainer. during this time he acquired some unique skills. He will sit quietly and obediently by your side until the shooting starts, at which point he will quietly remove himself, so as not to spook incoming ducks, and find a place with better concealment. He will be so well hidden, you won't even be able to see him. He's considerate like that. You cant expect a well bred good looking dude like this to sully his beautiful coat by getting wet or muddy so it would be best if you bring a lesser dog to do the actual retrieving. All of your buddies will ooh and ahh over his perfect confirmation and chiseled head. He will also be available for post hunt pictures so you can look good on your THF posts. This fine animal will also endear himself to your wife and kids to the point that you will not ever be able to get ri.....er let him go. He is available for free under the following conditions: he must be picked up late at night. you must approach the house with your lights off and wearing full night camo. This is simply to keep the dog calm. secondly, if we ever run into each other in public, you must not, in any way acknowledge that you know me. Thirdly, if you are stopped by the police for driving without lights and dressed the way you are, you must understand that I will deny all of the above. i am sure you will have many interesting days with this fine hound. You might even invent a few words. let me know if you're interested.

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: huck18] #2915572 01/10/12 03:31 AM
S
Super90 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: huck18

www.tiogaretrievers.com

I have handled "Colt" and "Driver" out at her place they are for sale for $2000 each. I can say for a fact they are fine dogs. Both of them have great drive and are completly steady and FF. I have a dog with her now and when I come out to train they let me handle the started dogs to get them socialized to new handlers. It you wanted a dog strictly for hunting I would say they are pretty close to being a finished dog. But when you think about it getting a quality pup is probably going to cost $800+-. You could get a dog ready to hunt today for $2000. And they are fine dogs steady as a rock with good drive. I wanted to buy one of them for my stepdad for Christmas but I just couldnt spend that kind of cash on gifts. If you can swing it cash wise you should, you will not be disapointed.

+1

I saw both these dogs work a couple of weeks ago. Angie does a very nice job.

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: Super90] #2915609 01/10/12 03:39 AM
S
STJS45 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
Thats a good one!!!!
Originally Posted By: Bond659

For sale: i paid $800 bucks for this gorgeous champion bred lab and then invested over three months with a professional trainer. during this time he acquired some unique skills. He will sit quietly and obediently by your side until the shooting starts, at which point he will quietly remove himself, so as not to spook incoming ducks, and find a place with better concealment. He will be so well hidden, you won't even be able to see him. He's considerate like that. You cant expect a well bred good looking dude like this to sully his beautiful coat by getting wet or muddy so it would be best if you bring a lesser dog to do the actual retrieving. All of your buddies will ooh and ahh over his perfect confirmation and chiseled head. He will also be available for post hunt pictures so you can look good on your THF posts. This fine animal will also endear himself to your wife and kids to the point that you will not ever be able to get ri.....er let him go. He is available for free under the following conditions: he must be picked up late at night. you must approach the house with your lights off and wearing full night camo. This is simply to keep the dog calm. secondly, if we ever run into each other in public, you must not, in any way acknowledge that you know me. Thirdly, if you are stopped by the police for driving without lights and dressed the way you are, you must understand that I will deny all of the above. i am sure you will have many interesting days with this fine hound. You might even invent a few words. let me know if you're interested.

I will contact her tomorrow and see what shes got to say
Originally Posted By: Super90
Originally Posted By: huck18

www.tiogaretrievers.com

+1

I saw both these dogs work a couple of weeks ago. Angie does a very nice job.

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: STJS45] #2915695 01/10/12 03:55 AM
W
Water Turkey2 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
Quote:

You serious Clark?

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: Water Turkey2] #2915730 01/10/12 04:03 AM
S
STJS45 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: Water Turkey2
Quote:

You serious Clark?

If yes i call dibs!!

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: STJS45] #2915777 01/10/12 04:12 AM
T
Texredraider Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
That's a beautiful dog

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: Texredraider] #2915785 01/10/12 04:13 AM
T
Texredraider Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
I know my in law would give him a great home with plenty of grand kids around. They retired early

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: Texredraider] #2915834 01/10/12 04:23 AM
Bond659 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
He looks like Tarzan hunts like Jane. Anyone taking the dog would also have to take me. I think my wife loves that dog more than she does me.

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: Bond659] #2915842 01/10/12 04:24 AM
T
Texredraider Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
My inlaw have a very nice guest house by the pool. Free maid service as well. Lol

Re: Speaking of Trained Dogs..... [Re: Bond659] #2915844 01/10/12 04:25 AM
T
TxDuck24 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Diamond w kennels in blanco tx is damn good..... i dropped my pup off at 5 months and i couldnt be more happier with her ... at 7 months shes already heeling sitting staying retrieving... might keep her on for the extra 3 months to finish with hand signals

Ruffling Feathers Guide Service
Capt. Brandon Kendrick
936-671-3407
Port O' Connor, Tx
www.rfguideservice.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide