Forums46
Topics538,070
Posts9,732,625
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Caught something in our Hog trap [Re: TurkeyHunter] #2917904 01/10/12 09:54 PM
B
BIG BEN Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
Originally Posted By: jmc82
Shoot, shovel, shut up. I believe thats the solution.

up

for repeated offenses.

And everyone wonders why it is so hard to get places to hunt. Actions like that give all hunters bad reputations.

Re: Caught something in our Hog trap [Re: coolJoeRincon] #2918850 01/11/12 02:32 AM
S
Shanem628 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Haha funny pic

Re: Caught something in our Hog trap [Re: Shanem628] #2919555 01/11/12 11:37 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Responsible rural property owners know to keep their dogs penned. The neighbors really don't want them. During the 2nd half of the season I saw only dogs at my game cameras during the day.

Talking to irresponsible neighbors hasn't worked. Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands. I have in the past and will in the future.

Last edited by Dave Davidson; 01/11/12 11:40 AM.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Caught something in our Hog trap [Re: Dave Davidson] #2920132 01/11/12 04:24 PM
B
BIG BEN Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson
Responsible rural property owners know to keep their dogs penned. The neighbors really don't want them. During the 2nd half of the season I saw only dogs at my game cameras during the day.

Talking to irresponsible neighbors hasn't worked. Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands. I have in the past and will in the future.

I can uderstand that but still it is illegal in texas to shoot any domestic animal feral or not. Call the county animal control, they can fine the dogs owner or even better take care of the dog for you. I hunt with dogs and people think that its OK to shoot a dog just for being on their land. Thats not true, a dog owner can bring civil and criminal charges to the shooter. Its not worth it.

Re: Caught something in our Hog trap [Re: BIG BEN] #2921367 01/11/12 11:16 PM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Please don't get me wrong. I hate killing dogs and I usually get sick when I do it. OK, I'm an old softie and haven't shot a dog in several years.

In my County, there is no County Animal Control. So, about 3 years ago I called the Sheriffs Office. They told me that it was not their responsibility and to just take care of the problem myself. I did ask if there was anyone else to call and was told no. I and others around the area have talked to the dogs owners and that has done no good. Other Ranchers around me have been shooting them for years but the people just keep getting more of them. Heck, I don't want to shoot them but what other recourse is there. I have a HUGE investment(for me) in my property and I now only use it for fishing, hunting and 4 wheelering. I don't live there and no longer raise cattle. Thanks to several rude neighbors I can't enjoy my property the way I would like to. My Grandson and I recently had a dog stand its ground growling at us. I didn't have a gun with me or it would have been a dead dog. Another time my Wife and I were walking the property and dogs showed up and started barking at us. They certainly weren't scared.

Please understand; I don't want to shoot dogs.

Also please understand this. At 69 I'm in damn good shape but I can't outrun them and don't want to be in a position that makes me. I really don't like the idea of having to have a gun with me to protect myself.

Another thing is that I'm an old time Native Texan who really isn't used to calling on anyone to solve my problems. I try to do it the friendly way first but after that I do what I have to do.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Caught something in our Hog trap [Re: Snared!!] #2921483 01/11/12 11:51 PM
D
Dwight Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
My place is in Grayson county. I hear dogs all around my little 40acs, so far none on the place while I'm there, but rest assured, if they come on my place running ANY game, I will shoot to kill. Then disposose of carcass.

An armed society is a polite society.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide