Forums46
Topics538,085
Posts9,732,805
Members87,065
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Grrrr! Screwed by sorry no good, lieing, trashy landowners! #2894321 01/03/12 05:07 PM
T
Tatsun Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
::WARNING, POST IS RATHER LONG::!!

First off, as I know many of you will be saying it to me after you read, but I am off this lease next year! It has been nothing but headaches all season long with the landowner, or actually, after what I found out this weekend, the "land renter". The "land renters" live onsite in an hunters house that has been converted into a family home, and are pretty much always there at the "lease" Keep that in mind as you read!
Ok, so all last week, I could not wait to get to Friday. The last time I had been at the lease was back on December 17th. I have taken a pretty decent 8-point, a large doe, and a few hogs already this season. Since my wife wont eat venison, but loves the pork, I have been focused more on the hogs as of late. The last time I was at the lease, I had found that my feeder was empty after only a week, this being due to the family of raccoons spinning my corn out of the feeder. I had put a fresh SD Card in my camera, fresh batteries, and filled my feeder to the brim. Now, the land owners husband sometimes accompanies me on the hog hunts at night, and as such offered to help me keep the feeder full until my next visit, and if he or his wife needed to buy corn, I would pay them back for it on my nexy visit. I figured it would not be a problem. With a new card, new batteries in the cam, and a full feeder, we would be able to get a good pattern on what days and times the hogs are coming in. Well, that was a mistake I WILL NEVER MAKE AGAIN! Keep in mind that I use a hanging 5 gallon bucket feeder, and a 40lb bag usually lasts me 2 weeks without raccoons messing with it.
Ok, so I leave out and head home on the 17th, and ask the husband to check my feeder maybe on Thursday or so, and fill it. Well, on Wednesday, I get a call from the wife (she calls me and the other guys that have leased about 5-6 times daily), telling me they had to go buy a new bag of corn and had filled my feeder. Ok, whatever...cost of 1 bag of corn = $8.99
She would call everyday that first week asking if I was coming out or not, and I would repeatedly tell her, maybe on Christmas day, later in the evening. This goes on all the way up to Christmas day, at wich time she continually calls me over and over and over again. When I finally answer, she tells me that they had to buy another bag of corn and fill my feeder. Ok, so far in the span of a week, 2 bags of corn @ $8.99 a bag = $17.98. She also proceeds to tell me that she had turned my camera off because she didnt want it taking a bunch of pictures while they were filling the feeder and running down the batteries. Yeah, stupid excuse and I should have known something was up. I told her to leave the camera alone!! I never ended up going on Christmas.
Ok, jump to all of last week. She continues to call me daily, and proceeds to tell me on Wednesday that they again had to buy another bag of corn and fill my feeder. Ok, so lets add this all up now. This makes 3 bags of corn total now. 1 bag @ $8.99, multiply that by 3, and now I owe them $26.97 dollars. WOW!!
Ok, well I inform her that I cannot understand why my feeder keeps emptying so fast, and that I am planning on bring my wife and 2 kids out for the weekend, and stay there thru New Years.
Ok, so jump up to this past Friday the 30th. I get off work, pack up my stuff and myself and the family head out to the lease. I get there on Friday night around 9:00pm. The landowner wife proceeds to tell me that they again, had to buy another bag of corn and had filled my feeder earlier that day. Now, this is starting to get rediculous. That is 4 bags of corn in a 2 week span. 4 bags @ $8.99 each = $35.96. I figure something is fishy here, but she insists that it was all legit and asked for me to repay her the money her and her husband had spent on the corn. I tell her I have no cash on me and will pull it from the ATM the next day when I went to town, but I also would like to see the receipts. She says she will try to find the receipts. They (the landowner husband/wife) go to bed. My wife and myself wait until around 12:30am after our kids are asleep, and I grab my AR-15 and she grabs the spotlight. We head to my stand and check to see if we see any hogs. Nothing, nada, ziltch. I walk to my feeder and there is corn everywhere on the ground. Looks like at least 2-3 days worth of spun out corn. Nothing had been there is days. I grab my card from my camera and head back to camp.
Now, when I look at the pics on my laptop it all starts making sense now! They had been removing my card almost every other day, and trying to delete the pics. They had been hunting for hogs from my stand! I was pizzed!!! I had no pattern, no pics, nothing. They were too dumb to realize that the date/time on their computer was off, and everytime they tried to delete the pics, it would make a new empty folder on the card, giving me the exact dates and times they were screwing with my crap. I go to sleep and head back to the blind at daylight. I check my feeder, and it is almost completely empty, no way it has just been filled the day before like the wife told me! It looked like the feeder had not been filled in about 2 weeks. I check my pop-up blind, and find that my zipper for the door is broken, and the door is just hanging. Now there is no way to zip the door closed! I look on the ground, and find 2 spent shell casings from a 30-30. I dont use a 30-30 at the lease, and they (landowners) had told me that they had bought the hubby a 30-30 last week. By this time I am livid! I was so mad I could have eat lead and spit bullets.
Come to find out this has been going on all season long. The other lease members show up and we get to talking. The landowners have been pulling the cards from the other guys cameras also, and trying to hit them up for multiple bags of corn as well. Well, the landowners had left to head to 1st Monday in Weatherford to sell some stuff so I had to wait until they got back that night.
Since this is getting so long, I will just give you all a run down of all the dirty little secrets these no good, sorry azz, trashy people have been keeping from all of use lease members.

1. The landowners are not landowners! They are simply renting the house and about 50 acres of the land on the lease from the actual owner.
2. The wife's mother lives with them, and pays for the rent, utilities etc. Everything!
3. The wife is robbing her mom blind, at least 400-500 bucks a month.
4. The back part of the land in wich we were told we could not hunt, was because the actual landowner already has it leased to someone legitimatly.
5. The wife and husband sub-leased the land they do not own to us lease members, without the landowners knowledge.
6. Husband/Wife have no jobs, and do not work!
7. The real landowner still stores personal property in the garage at the place. Wife/husband found a box full of scopes and other items and were at 1st Monday selling the items, to get enough money together to pay rent to the mom, who in turns pays the landowner. So, in essence they took the landowners property to sell, and in turn give him back his own money.
8. They had not filled or bought any corn whatsoever, yet were trying to milk myself and the other guys out of money.
9. I had a spare scope come up missing from my stuff the 2nd weekend of the season. I was told the husband had recently mounted a scope on his rifle. I asked to see it and sure enough, it was my scope. He said he "found" it in the garage.
10. The wife had the audacity to try to hit me up for $40.00 dollars in corn, and said she could not find the receipts! BS!

On Saturday night the husband started getting a little drunk after the wife had went to bed. I found out even more once he started talking. Apparently the tequila he was drinking was a truth serum. Husband is mildy retarded, and the wife uses and manipulates the guy. The wife had taken close to $3,000 dollars total from all of the guys that leased, and not one cent had went to the mom or actual landowner. She had been in jail for fraud for cashing almost $8700.00 in bogus checks, and caught stealing from her own father.
Also, the idiot husband is just that a moron who almost got the living crap beat out of him. That new 30-30 he got? Well, yeah, before all of the had went down, my brother and myself were about to go hunt hogs. My brother had asked for someone to shine a flashlight so he could see. The idiot husband had taken a flashlight and taped it to the barrel of his rifle so he could see to shoot. I watched him work the action on the rifle and load the thing. He proceeded to shine the light on my brother. Now, that was not cool at all, but I also figured the idiot would have had it on safety. Well, it came out later, that he had no idea of even how to put the rifle on safety, and had actually been pointing a loaded gun off of safety at my brother. That did no sit too well! Thats just an idea of how retarded the husband is.

All in all, myself and the other guys at the lease have been swindled, and screwed over by these people. There will be a reckoning once we get all of our stuff off of the place. The landowner will be contacted and informed, and the mom will be advised to double check her bank account. The local law enforcement will be notified as well, if I can figure out what crime to report, but I am sure the landowner will files charges for theft anyways.
My whole weekend was screwed up thanks to these people. This post has gotten way longeer than I expected, so I am cutting it off now. If anyone wants to know more, or has questions, just ask and I will fill in the blanks as needed. Just keep in mind to always do your due diligence on a new lease and CYA. These people make me sick!!

Sorry so long and thanks for letting me rant!

Last edited by Tatsun; 01/03/12 05:47 PM.
Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: Tatsun] #2894342 01/03/12 05:19 PM
J
jmc82 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
My condolences

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: jmc82] #2894372 01/03/12 05:28 PM
C
Czechaholic Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
That sucks!!

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: Czechaholic] #2894461 01/03/12 05:50 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
And there were no red flags?

Seriously, you guys had to have known or had an inkling as to what was going on before all this.

Cut your loses and move on!

Nice read by the way, but it leaves a person scratching their head at what some people will put up with to have a place to hunt.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: Jimbo] #2894486 01/03/12 05:56 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
eeks333

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: Jimbo] #2894494 01/03/12 05:59 PM
M
Metal Man Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Jimbo

Seriously, you guys had to have known or had an inkling as to what was going on before all this.

Nice read by the way, but it leaves a person scratching their head at what some people will put up with to have a place to hunt.
+1

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: Jimbo] #2894499 01/03/12 06:00 PM
T
Tatsun Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T

Yeah, actually there were small things that had come up that I wondered about, but the wife always had an explanation for it.

I understand where your coming from in your statement. I should be kicking my own azz for not realizing sooner, or putting 2 and 2 together faster with all of her BS.

Last edited by Tatsun; 01/03/12 06:00 PM.
Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: Tatsun] #2894638 01/03/12 06:45 PM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Dang man, those people suck! Lesson learned I guess. The wife sounds like she needs some more time behind bars.

R.I.P. CPO Matt Mills-(DEVGRU)- You will NEVER be forgotten!
10-25-75 / 8-6-11 *K.I.A.*
Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: txshntr] #2894721 01/03/12 07:15 PM
East Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: txshntr
eeks333

wow

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: East] #2894764 01/03/12 07:32 PM
S
shock_n_awe Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Crazy!

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: East] #2894769 01/03/12 07:33 PM
S
slow944 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Turn them in to adult CPS. they will get on their case if they're taking money from the mother if it's from the state.

I Have A 45 And A Shovel. Don't Mess With Texas!

According To "Kierchof's Law" Murphy Was An Optimist!

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: txshntr] #2894864 01/03/12 08:00 PM
BuckRage Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: txshntr
eeks333

[Linked Image]
Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: BuckRage] #2894941 01/03/12 08:21 PM
N
nado2036 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
N
WHere was it and what were there names so this doesnt happen to another desperate hunter.

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: nado2036] #2895056 01/03/12 08:59 PM
T
Tatsun Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
I will let everyone know the name and location as soon as all of our hunting gear, equipment etc is picked up and taken home next weekend from the lease. I dont wanna take the chance of these people either going to jail or finding out that I have told them out, before I know all of my stuff is safe. Never know, if the wife ends up in jail, they may sell all of our stuff for bail money.

No worries, I will make sure that after next weekend, everyone is very well warned about the who, where, and whats of these sorry people.

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: Tatsun] #2895109 01/03/12 09:18 PM
S
ssmith Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
how much were you having to pay for this lease an how many acres.

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: ssmith] #2895159 01/03/12 09:32 PM
T
Tatsun Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
T
I paid a total of $750.00 for what was supposed to be access to 200 acres, of course, I only hunted about 10 of it all season long.

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: Jimbo] #2895176 01/03/12 09:38 PM
T
TxTechsan Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T

Couldnt agree more.
Lots of red flags throughout the story. Cut your losses

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: ssmith] #2895178 01/03/12 09:38 PM
L
LAstrutter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
L
They could be arrested for felony theft and fraud, that is if you want to push the issue.

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: Tatsun] #2895184 01/03/12 09:40 PM
M
Milanotx Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
Man that really bites, people will do some real bad stuff to stay afloat now days, If there is a bright side it would be just a lesson learned, Get your head back up and find another place hunt and make some lifelong memories with your family, Good luck to you!

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: Milanotx] #2895375 01/03/12 10:41 PM
J
jrgocards Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
There's a 1st Monday in Weatherford?

JR

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: jrgocards] #2895438 01/03/12 11:03 PM
S
Stompy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Sorry for your bad luck. Man I'm glad I don't have to lease anymore..

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: Metal Man] #2895444 01/03/12 11:05 PM
S
scattergun Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Metal Man

+1

I think P.T. Barnum said it best.

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: Stompy] #2895475 01/03/12 11:14 PM
T
Tacobass Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Jr,

Yes it has been there for as long as i can remember although i have not been in years.

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: scattergun] #2895487 01/03/12 11:19 PM
D
devildog28 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Reason number 335,456,569,120,348 to own your own place.

Re: Grrrr! New Years weekend hunt screwed up by land owner!! [Re: jrgocards] #2895488 01/03/12 11:19 PM
JakeinTX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Wow, that stinks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide