Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: kwrhuntinglab] #2815097 12/06/11 09:05 PM
Cody Malone Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I know of one other Urial that is close to this size, it was harvested this year at a price tag well over this price. Theres a 96% chance it is a WORLD RECORD for any weapon other than a rifle.

Other hunts are out there for this animal, not anywere close to this magnitude of sn animal.. So this price is actually better than the going rate for a potential world record!

HF Whitetail / Exotic / S. African Safaris

Proudly Sponsored by:
Horizon Firearms / Swarovski Optiks / Under Armour / Yeti Coolers / Costa Del Mar / Havalon Knives

Malone Outdoors, LLC
C/254-722-9031 or E/ maloneoutdoors@yahoo.com
Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: AllAboutExotics] #2815406 12/06/11 10:39 PM
T
TMc Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: AllAboutExotics
Originally Posted By: TMc
What a magnificent animal!
Hunting is for each of us, a different experience. Rifle -vs- Bow, Tree Stand -vs- Spot & Stalk, Low Fence - Hight Fence - Fair Chase, To Bait or not to Bait...that is the question, Exotics in Texas or Waterhole in Botswana, I don't begrudge anyone thier method of hunting. Those who are aginst hunting would like nothing more than to divide those of us who do hunt, and have us argue amongst ourselves. (divide and conquer) I just hope whoever takes this animal respects its life and its beauty. My tagline is my prayer, both in the field and at the table.

Agree 100%!! A house divided WILL NOT STAND. We all have to see the "bigger picture" when it comes to high fence hunting and the anti's attempts to abolish it...a blatant infringement on our freedoms & private property rights. Once they topple HFs (if they do), then it's on to "trophy/sport hunting", then gun hunting, until it reaches & effects (insert YOUR favorite way to hunt here).

These PETA & HSUS people are less adamant about high fence hunting than some of the people in this thread (it would appear atleast), but to them it's a means to a much greater end and fulfilling a bigger agenda...and that's a ban across the board of hunting and guns in this country.

I know it's easy to say "I don't agree w/ it, so doing away with it is fine with me" or "no big deal, I'm against it anyway...". Unfortunately, it goes MUCH deeper than that and this is just the beginning of what will inevitably be a long battle for us that call ourselves HUNTERS. Fair warning, that if you enjoy the sport of hunting (in any capacity) a ban on high fence hunting will one day affect YOU...and most will look back and say "how did this happen?" -- it started right here.

Sorry for the soap box rant, just hate to see us "hunters" fighting ourselves when the true "opponents" are sitting back and licking their chops at how easy this is going to be...

Amazing Ram btw!!

Thanks very much AAE. More people need to get themselves educated on the subject, or at a minimum join groups that are like the NRA and TSRA. They are already focusing on eliminating Exotics hunts. Its's not a soap box at all to voice concerns. It's called getting on a soap box when 15 years from now, we are telling everyone they should have seen this comming, lol.

Be calm brother, I see you and thank you. Your spirit and body nourish mine. Be calm brother; I see you and thank you.
Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: kwrhuntinglab] #2816153 12/07/11 02:23 AM
S
swmays Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Specifically what "world record" do you speak of? and what is the current world record score/measurement? Not hate'n, just wondering...

"96% Chance" - please elaborate...

Last edited by swmays; 12/07/11 02:27 AM. Reason: %%%
Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: Otto] #2816228 12/07/11 02:49 AM
M
Mr.Broadhead Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Originally Posted By: Otto
Btw you can still go for an Urial hunt for that kind of money if you have some European connection.

Yeah and if you have body armor, a armored Humvee, and 20 body guards.

Not to mention $1,000,000.00 bail should you venture into Iran by mistake and get caught.

oh...and if you see one doubt it is any were close to that size....just say'n

Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: swmays] #2816320 12/07/11 03:16 AM
007007 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: swmays
Specifically what "world record" do you speak of? and what is the current world record score/measurement? Not hate'n, just wondering...

"96% Chance" - please elaborate...

This is the only thing I could find on this "WR" thought.
The Afghan Urial horns are homonymous, triangular in cross section, and strongly wrinkled, curling outwards from the top of their skull turning inwards ending behind the head. Trophy Afghan Urial will have horn lengths in the upper 27 inch range and up. The World Record Afghan Urial, taken in 1909, measured 41 1/2 inches. Female Afghan Urial have small, straight horns.

�shaking it up here boss!�
Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: chargercody] #2816413 12/07/11 03:41 AM
L
Lonnie Paul Walker Jr. Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
All this talk about world records an what if an what how, someone has measured him, how was he hauled, darted, or trailer loaded. Rams like that do not get sold or purchased with out tapeing. I sold a mouflon that was 40 by 41 1/2 last year, taping it matters. Not nocking your ram, he is amazing. Would love to have him, just would like to know what he tapes for that price. The high fence haters, sometimes I dont think you guys have ever hunted much high fences. We are finishing a few fences, an it will put us at about 4000 acres all high fenced. Its a tuff hunt, an for that ram , I would say a hunt of a lifetime. Good luck, an again awesome ram.

Lonnie Paul Walker Jr.

"Lonnie Walker Outdoors"
Outfitter / Professional Guide
Wildlife Consultant
817-598-5338

Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: Otto] #2816490 12/07/11 03:58 AM
P
passthru Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I would hunt in Africa for 2 weeks flights and at least 6-7 animals included with that kind of money.
Also please don't mix up hunting with shooting!!!! If the result is guaranteed it's not hunting.

From what I have heard from friends whom have done the African Safari thing it is "pretty much guaranteed". You drive around until fresh tracks are found or animals are spotted then you stalk, or even shoot them from the road. The PH tells you which one to shoot and someone else tracks it, skins it and ships it. All you do is shoot. All this on a private "preserve". So tell me, how is it so different? And remember, I know several people who have been there. A couple have done multiple trips.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: passthru] #2816536 12/07/11 04:07 AM
007007 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: passthru
I would hunt in Africa for 2 weeks flights and at least 6-7 animals included with that kind of money.
Also please don't mix up hunting with shooting!!!! If the result is guaranteed it's not hunting.

From what I have heard from friends whom have done the African Safari thing it is "pretty much guaranteed". You drive around until fresh tracks are found or animals are spotted then you stalk, or even shoot them from the road. The PH tells you which one to shoot and someone else tracks it, skins it and ships it. All you do is shoot. All this on a private "preserve". So tell me, how is it so different? And remember, I know several people who have been there. A couple have done multiple trips.

And your point is?? To each his own! It's America !!!

Last edited by 007007; 12/07/11 04:08 AM.

�shaking it up here boss!�
Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: passthru] #2816539 12/07/11 04:08 AM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
That is exactly how it is in Africa no real difference, it is guaranteed for the most part especially the plains game. So it really isn't that much different. Lol

Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: Otto] #2816729 12/07/11 05:04 AM
B
Bear2327 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Come on...

Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: Mr.Broadhead] #2817169 12/07/11 02:05 PM
O
Otto Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
O
Originally Posted By: Mr.Broadhead
Btw you can still go for an Urial hunt for that kind of money if you have some European connection.

Yeah and if you have body armor, a armored Humvee, and 20 body guards.

Not to mention $1,000,000.00 bail should you venture into Iran by mistake and get caught.

oh...and if you see one doubt it is any were close to that size....just say'n

www.huntingreport.com/trophy_gallery_list_species_results.cfm?species=Urial

It seems like these guys did not need any of the above you mentioned. You have no clue about the situation in the countries were you can hunt Urial safely and legally. Just do a simple web search.

Last edited by Otto; 12/07/11 02:13 PM.
Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: passthru] #2817196 12/07/11 02:13 PM
O
Otto Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
O
Originally Posted By: passthru

Do you have any idea how big is the smallest so called private preserve is in Africa? You might know several people who have been there but I was there twice. Yes you can shoot from the road and from a vehicle but it's not a canned hunt, you are hunting in thousands acre of land and animals are born on the land and wild. You are mixing apples with oranges.

Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: Otto] #2817201 12/07/11 02:15 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Not really guaranteed hunt is guaranteed hunt confused2

Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: BMD] #2817211 12/07/11 02:18 PM
L
luvpigmeet Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
where did my post go?

Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: Otto] #2817386 12/07/11 03:13 PM
B
Bear Creek Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Otto, I hate to tell you this but RSA has many small ranches that hunts are offered on as well as the larger ones you're referring to. There are also a myriad of put-and-take operators that will purchase animals at auction, sometimes hours before they're hunted. It's essentially the same as it is here in TX insofar as choices, which I think is great!

IMO hi-fence hunting is THE future of hunting. On public lands there are way too many issues and interests involved to guarantee access by hunters in the coming years (50-100). On the other hand, private property rights are legitimately arguable and SHOULD be sacrosanct, although that's obviously being challenged. I just feel that private land use is more easily defensible than public land use.

I try to avoid these hi-fence/low-fence debates but I may as well throw something out there: What is the difference between walking out in my pasture and slaughtering my Hereford heifer vs. putting an arrow in my Red Stag....both animals are mine and as long as I attempt to make a clean kill, what's the difference? They're my animals and as long as they're treated humanely what gives anyone the right to tell me how to dispose of them?

cheers

Regards,
Scott

Last edited by Bear Creek; 12/07/11 03:17 PM.
Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: Bear Creek] #2817487 12/07/11 03:41 PM
F
fayettefish Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
F
You haters for high fence have never hunted on a decent sized high fence ranch, or you would not be making ignorant remarks.

I am sure there are some canned hunts out there, but all of the high fences I have been behind were tough hunts.

I am a bow hunter and since some of you use a rifle, does that give me the right to slam you and say you are not a good hunter????? NO

By the way if 800 acres is too small then how big is your ranch?? If that is not easy enough then start trying to bow hunt 800 acres that will make it more of a challenge.

Cody ignore some of these folks.

Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: fayettefish] #2817502 12/07/11 03:46 PM
P
passthru Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
That's what I'm saying.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: Bear Creek] #2817548 12/07/11 03:58 PM
O
Otto Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
O
Originally Posted By: Bear Creek
Otto, I hate to tell you this but RSA has many small ranches that hunts are offered on as well as the larger ones you're referring to. There are also a myriad of put-and-take operators that will purchase animals at auction, sometimes hours before they're hunted. It's essentially the same as it is here in TX insofar as choices, which I think is great!

IMO hi-fence hunting is THE future of hunting. On public lands there are way too many issues and interests involved to guarantee access by hunters in the coming years (50-100). On the other hand, private property rights are legitimately arguable and SHOULD be sacrosanct, although that's obviously being challenged. I just feel that private land use is more easily defensible than public land use.

I try to avoid these hi-fence/low-fence debates but I may as well throw something out there: What is the difference between walking out in my pasture and slaughtering my Hereford heifer vs. putting an arrow in my Red Stag....both animals are mine and as long as I attempt to make a clean kill, what's the difference? They're my animals and as long as they're treated humanely what gives anyone the right to tell me how to dispose of them?

cheers

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott,
Nobody is telling nobody how to kill their animals.It's your animal and you can kill the animal humanely any way you want. All I'm telling is there's a difference between killing and hunting. However everyone can do whatever they want with their money. Suit yourselves.
Cheers to you too.

Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: Bear Creek] #2817799 12/07/11 05:09 PM
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
IMO hi-fence hunting is THE future of hunting.

I agree, but as High Fence grows so will Low Fence. As a Low Fence hunter I have to work that much harder and pay more for my hunts. There are less options. Comparable animals will always cost more Low Fence. If someone has a booner deer showing up on camera Low Fence they can get unbelievable trophy fees for that deer. Many times what a 170-190 would cost High Fence.

What is the difference between walking out in my pasture and slaughtering my Hereford heifer vs. putting an arrow in my Red Stag....

Are you going to mount the Hereford, post pics all over THF, and tell everyone that visits your house the "hunting" story of the trophy on your wall?

Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: Rob Lay] #2818029 12/07/11 06:37 PM
B
Bear Creek Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
IMO hi-fence hunting is THE future of hunting.

I agree, but as High Fence grows so will Low Fence. As a Low Fence hunter I have to work that much harder and pay more for my hunts. There are less options. Comparable animals will always cost more Low Fence. If someone has a booner deer showing up on camera Low Fence they can get unbelievable trophy fees for that deer. Many times what a 170-190 would cost High Fence.

What is the difference between walking out in my pasture and slaughtering my Hereford heifer vs. putting an arrow in my Red Stag....

Are you going to mount the Hereford, post pics all over THF, and tell everyone that visits your house the "hunting" story of the trophy on your wall?

A trophy is in the eye of the beholder. If I want to brag about it then that is my perogative, and if you want to denigrate it then that is your perogative, however I do think that good manners and class should come into play. What I disagree vehemently with is the belief that hi-fence hunting will lead to a ban on all hunting....that's patently false! Now, slob hunters on public land illegally taking/wounding game that belongs to the taxpayer..those are the guys we need to stop!

I agree that a hi-fence trophy can and usually is an altogether different kettle of fish when compared to a low-fenced trophy, but it shouldn't mean that hi-fenced ranches are categorized as unsporting and detrimental to the future of hunting. One has nothing to do with the other.

The fact is, that as the human population continues to expand there will be less and less areas that are unconfined/unrestricted/un-fenced. Ultimately the only areas left to hunt will be private preserves. Public lands will be overrun (many already are IMO)and the experience will be completely different than it is today. I truly enjoy having my own preserve where I know for certain that I won't encounter any idiots and I can have an expectation of encountering quality game animals. On the other hand, I also love running around in the mtns of Idaho or Montana chasing elk but we all know it's getting more and more difficult to avoid the crowds and have a good hunt. I have yet to kill a bull elk in the Nat'l Forest but have killed 3 good bulls behind a hi-fence. I bought 'em and enjoyed hunting each one but in no way do I think that they are equivalent to a public land bull.

I think it's kinda like the guy that goes and buys a new Harley and has it decked out with all the goodies at the dealership and then parks it at the bar next to a one-off custom...are they the same? Of course not but I'm not going to insult the guy for doing it the easy way...that's his business.

Regards,
Scott

Edit to add: Sorry to contribute to the hi-jacking of this thread Cody!! Outstanding sheep and you appear to have a lot of class by the way you're handling some of the responses here.
cheers

Last edited by Bear Creek; 12/07/11 07:18 PM.
Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: Bear Creek] #2818099 12/07/11 07:05 PM
T
TxAg Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Big dang sheep!

Good on ya' Cody for having a good attitude, good luck with the sale.

Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: TxAg] #2819394 12/08/11 02:46 AM
M
mmlreiner Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
Cheers to you Cody. That's a nice animal and someone will surely have a great mount and story to go with him.

Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: mmlreiner] #2819917 12/08/11 09:20 AM
G
Graham_Woodsman Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
G
To each his own. High fence, low fence, free range, guided, guided. Whatever your preference is enjoy it. I don't bash any of it cause if I had the money is shoot the damn thing and so would anybody else reading this. Some people don't have the time to hunt every weekend so they pay to go hunt a couple. But I'm sure you spend as much all year as they do on one hunt. So don't judge and criticize. And by the way, amazing animal. But being high fence it won't be a world.record. There are plenty.of people who shoot 300 inch whitetails every year off ranches and they aren't recognized. Great trophy for a lucky hunter though

Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: Graham_Woodsman] #2820418 12/08/11 03:33 PM
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted By: Graham_Woodsman
But being high fence it won't be a world.record.

not true, SCI and some others like RBOE are Honey Badgers. maybe just not a free range category if they even have that.

Re: Potential World Record!! [Re: Graham_Woodsman] #2820788 12/08/11 05:22 PM
G
GSS Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: Graham_Woodsman
To each his own. High fence, low fence, free range, guided, guided. Whatever your preference is enjoy it. I don't bash any of it cause if I had the money is shoot the damn thing and so would anybody else reading this. Some people don't have the time to hunt every weekend so they pay to go hunt a couple. But I'm sure you spend as much all year as they do on one hunt. So don't judge and criticize. And by the way, amazing animal. But being high fence it won't be a world.record. There are plenty.of people who shoot 300 inch whitetails every year off ranches and they aren't recognized. Great trophy for a lucky hunter though

....I don't bash any of it cause if I had the money is shoot the damn thing and so would anybody else reading this.
-----------------------------
Wrong..speak for yourself.

High fence operations (in general) started out as large acreage, somewhat (or fully) retaining the challenge. Fast forward to some of today's small acreage HF operations offering the guaranteed "hunt" of animals previously in a pen. I'm not a hater, I'm a realist. I can see the difference, and my opinion is not causing a divise among hunters. Call it line-drawing, but the defenders of ALL HF operations often choke on defining what they would call a canned shoot (might hit a little close to home...). And I own acreage, and will fight for property rights, but also know it's a misnomer to use the word hunt as it applies to animals in a pen (or previously in a pen).

And the fact that I hunt with a scoped rifle, and not a spear, will make my opinions worthless smile

NRA Life
TSRA Life
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide