Print Thread
New to the THF #2811423 12/05/11 07:22 PM
L
Lane Palmer Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
L
Good afternoon everybody! I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum, and say that I look forward to being part of an online community of people who are as passionate about the outdoors as I am. My name is Lane Palmer, and I hunt and fish for a living. I've been with BigCrappie.com guide service, here on Cedar Creek Lake, for a while now, and have loved every minute of it. The best part of my job is getting to spend my days with men and women who share not only a passion for the outdoors, but an instinctual pursuit of fish and game.
Obviously, with a name like BigCrappie.com, our business was originally centered on crappie, and other game fish. As the seasons change, the soul of a hunter starts to scream, and I wanted to pursue making a living by hunting as well. What I have come up with is a sniper style situation of hog hunting that offers a person a chance to try something new, and get a really good opportunity at taking a nice wild hog.
Our hunts will be conducted at night, in a very comfortable stand, overlooking an agricultural field and corn feeder. We will be using a Remington .308, equipped with a 3rd Generation night vision scope. As we load our own brass, this weapon is very efficient at doing its job. In the very short future, we will also be offering an option for archery hunting, but that is still in the process of being fine-tuned. Pricing starts at $350, and that includes two hunters, or one person shooting two hogs. It is $500 for three hogs. This price includes the hogs, drinks, use of our weapon, everything necessary for a successful and safe hunt, AND the cleaning of your animal. There is no extra kill fee, nor is there a fee for hogs over a certain weight limit. These hogs are free range, and were not previously trapped for use of our hunting of them. This is hunting, so technically I can’t possibly, 100% guarantee, you will shoot a pig; but if we happen to fall short of getting a shot for all hunters involved, I will take money off at the end of the hunt. We guarantee our fishing trips, and by golly I’m going to guarantee our hunting trips as well.
You can reach me at 817-907-5056 if you would like a hunting report, to book a hunt, or would like to find out a little more about what our hunts are all about. We’re working on getting a new website for the hog hunting, so that we can put up your pictures and videos, but you can book a trip on the BigCrappie.com website if you like. I very much appreciate your time, and I look forward to be a part of the THF family of hunters. Nice to meet ya!

Sincerely,
Lane Palmer

Guide Lane Palmer

TCU Alumni, class of 2009

Owner/Operator of Ft. Worth Fishing and Constant Pursuit Outfitters
Re: New to the THF [Re: Lane Palmer] #2813220 12/06/11 03:32 AM
L
lovernotafighter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Welcome to THF.