Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I
Originally Posted By: ducknbass
Originally Posted By: Is That Good?
Originally Posted By: rifleman
Is your name Ryan Wade by chance?

Rifleman,

I know this guy. Wondering how you know his name(Assuming you foudn one of his deocys). Please PM me back when you can. Thanks.

clap

Last year a fella got on the forum posted a picture of the bottom side of a decoy with the name Ryan Wade on it. Said they were littering or something it has been an on going joke ever since.

Wow...I just read back on all of the posts about Ryan Wade. That is hilarious! Funny thing about the whole thing is Ryan is really good about keeping his stuff together. He always has everything very organized. Funniest thing I've seen in a bit.

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: C-ROB] #2755375 11/15/11 08:57 PM
P
ParkCountyElkDestroyer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: C-ROB
I have an ethical question that I wanted to throw out there. Last week I went out the afternoon before a morning hunt on public land. My friend and I went there to scout and ended up finding a good little spot after sitting there until just about dark. We decided to leave about 18 decoys out so that we wouldn't have to set up in the morning. (yes I know that on public land you cannot leave anything etc....) We show up the next morning and all decoys are gone. Long story short the next morning they were gone.
I want your opinion, should I be upset that my decoys are gone? or let it go because I should have never left them out?

and just by the way, if you picked up a set of decoys last week let me know I would like em back.

They weren't stolen, you're just an idiot.

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: ParkCountyElkDestroyer] #2756107 11/16/11 12:23 AM
M
Mr.Broadhead Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Well seeing that you left at sunset, i bet the hunter that has them is further away then you from the ram and passes by them on his way in. So I would go further away from your spot and see who has them.

Just go real fast into each decoy spread this week end just before day light, pick them up and look for your name on the bottom. When you do this were a army helmet and lay down flat in the boat.

And just one suggestion try to remember if you put your name on the bottom of them before you finish checking all the decoy spreads. If you do find them pick up all of the decoys yours and theirs hope you have a lighter and faster boat.

Good Luck

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: TXPride] #2756299 11/16/11 01:14 AM
H
HardWired Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: TXPride
This is kinda funny, every year there is an area on the coast where guides leave out hundreds of decoys out the entire season in various spots throughout the marsh. I have even hunted in some of the areas and just added my deeks to the spread. I would never think about messing with them, and I guess it works ok for them since they keep doing it. They would probablly go cowboy on someone if they saw them taking/messing with their decoys too (not that it is ok).

Thats not a popular lake though. (If you know where I am talking about, please don't post it. People will go there and act like its Christmas morning)

Depending on where on the coast, I'm pretty sure we know the same places.

Guides leave decoys all the time. It's never bothered me any, I've past by hundreds of them, and have never bothered them. I have hunted over their spread once though...it was so-so. We have more water than lakes though.

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: ParkCountyElkDestroyer] #2756310 11/16/11 01:15 AM
K
kdub Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted By: jensent
I have an ethical question that I wanted to throw out there. Last week I went out the afternoon before a morning hunt on public land. My friend and I went there to scout and ended up finding a good little spot after sitting there until just about dark. We decided to leave about 18 decoys out so that we wouldn't have to set up in the morning. (yes I know that on public land you cannot leave anything etc....) We show up the next morning and all decoys are gone. Long story short the next morning they were gone.
I want your opinion, should I be upset that my decoys are gone? or let it go because I should have never left them out?

and just by the way, if you picked up a set of decoys last week let me know I would like em back.

They weren't stolen, you're just an idiot.

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: Jager] #2756470 11/16/11 02:04 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Jager
Here are some Duck Hunting Ethical points
1. Please respect other hunter's space.
2. There's no "MY" spot on Public land.
3. If "Your" spot is taken find one at least 400 yards away.
4. Try to show up 30 minutes BEFORE Shooting time
5. DO NOT leave decoys out on public land
6. don't shoot at anything 45+ Yards away (you're sky busting)
7. Don't call when birds are working another hunter's spread.
8. Don't TALK so much, ducks DO hear (that's why you call them)
9. Be courteous, try to make friends not rivals or enemies.
10. Teach your KIDS the above and to do the right thing.

#4 I would say you need to show up in time to be completly set-up 30 minutes before shoot time. 30 minutes before shoot time should be quite time..

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #2756510 11/16/11 02:14 AM
K
Kenny Powers Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Say what you want.If you were going to be there the next morning,I think its okay.If someone beat you there fine pick YOUR stuff up and move along.The theives that tookem should be glad you didnt catchem doing it.Anyway you look at it its stealing.They took something that didnt belong to them.Id put a slug through the hull of their boat right below the water line and chamber another.Then askem NICELY to throw em back into the water and then ask them if they want me to follow em to the bank to make sure they made it.Then I would make up a story as if i was just away for a moment to go #2 and returned to find some punks stealing my dekes!!!!Hope I dont come off like a jerk but oh well.

Guns dont kill people.....bullets do.
Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: HardWired] #2756526 11/16/11 02:18 AM
K
Kenny Powers Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: HardWired
Originally Posted By: TXPride
This is kinda funny, every year there is an area on the coast where guides leave out hundreds of decoys out the entire season in various spots throughout the marsh. I have even hunted in some of the areas and just added my deeks to the spread. I would never think about messing with them, and I guess it works ok for them since they keep doing it. They would probablly go cowboy on someone if they saw them taking/messing with their decoys too (not that it is ok).

Thats not a popular lake though. (If you know where I am talking about, please don't post it. People will go there and act like its Christmas morning)

Depending on where on the coast, I'm pretty sure we know the same places.

Guides leave decoys all the time. It's never bothered me any, I've past by hundreds of them, and have never bothered them. I have hunted over their spread once though...it was so-so. We have more water than lakes though.

Hardwired that cause your not a thief!!!Thankyou for not being a thief.its sad when we have to honor people that dont steal.

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: Kenny Powers] #2756545 11/16/11 02:22 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Leave your decoys out over night to reserve your spot and the duck gods will punish you for it.

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: Guy] #2756579 11/16/11 02:31 AM
K
Kenny Powers Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Ill tell em Satan has something for the thieves that steal decoys or deer stands or anything else for that matter.If the folks that left the dekes out get beat to the spot fine...pick up their stuff and move on.For some steel shot came way too late.You know lead poisoned I reckon loco. .

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: Kenny Powers] #2756595 11/16/11 02:34 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Here is my very first post made on this forum..

Hunting Etiquette - Decoys Left Out Over Night

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: Guy] #2756626 11/16/11 02:42 AM
K
Kenny Powers Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
those guys are doofys.They showed up late .Your spot.They need to move on.You didnt steal their dekes?

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: Kenny Powers] #2756650 11/16/11 02:48 AM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Taking the deeks is stealing. Leaving them out is stupid.

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: Kenny Powers] #2756659 11/16/11 02:49 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Kenny Powers
They need to move on.You didnt steal their dekes?

No I did not would not steal anyone's deeks, or paint them orange or throw them in the trees... I'll just move on to the next spot, can't be bothered dealing with dip sticks in the field, I’m there to relax and enjoy a hunt, I'll let the duck gods take care of them...

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: roadgoeson20] #2756668 11/16/11 02:51 AM
W
Windrider Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: roadgoeson20
thats why i keep orange marking paint in my boat. I ain't gonna take your crap, but you're gonna have a rought ime working birds in to orange blocks.

I've seen some of your work. Very entertaining.

Orange blocks are great for late season scouting. Snagged some of my best spots that way over the years. Orange stands out from a distance. Really helps finding ducky areas you may have overlooked previously.

Thought for the day: Ducks were almost hunted to extinction long before camo was invented.
Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: C-ROB] #2757002 11/16/11 04:00 AM
N
ndhunter Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
N

There is a special place in duck hell for people that leave their dekes unattended on public land. You should ask the Duck Gods to forgive you and thank them for sending someone to remove them for you.

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: Kenny Powers] #2757244 11/16/11 06:12 AM
F
fitchjr Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Ill tell em Satan has something for the thieves that steal decoys or deer stands or anything else for that matter.If the folks that left the dekes out get beat to the spot fine...pick up their stuff and move on.For some steel shot came way too late.You know lead poisoned I reckon loco. .

This has nothing to do with deer stands, on most public deer spots there are rules for leaving stands out a certain number of days etc. And I wouldnt trespass in the first place, so doubtful this has anything to do with deer equipment.

What it has to do with is me or anyone else going out of their way to clean up someones elses lazy [censored] mess. If I get beat to a spot great, Ill move on. If there is gear there unattended, Im not gonna reward lazy [censored] behavior by stacking up there mess nice and neatly on the bank at 4 o'clock in the morning. Sorry your stuff walked off, but I bet you learned a lesson. Now stop trying to pass the blame on thieves when you were dumb enough to leave them there overnight.

[Linked Image]
Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: fitchjr] #2757427 11/16/11 12:54 PM
K
Kenny Powers Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
One little itsy bitsy problem with your rant....there are no laws against it even though its kinda dumb to leave em,but it takes just as much time, or even less to throw em in a pile on the bank than to wrap em up and steal them dekes.Like I said although i wouldnt leave dekes out,i would however shoot a hole in the idiots boat that were stealing my dekes if i did have to leave em for an emergency or whatever the reason then come back in time.And I would follow them to the bank to see if they wanted to "talk"about it.Fitchjr... maybey you have eaten too much lead shot too.I hate a theif.Braindead or not.

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: Kenny Powers] #2757436 11/16/11 12:58 PM
K
Kenny Powers Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
I know ,i know, everyones a tough guy on the forum till in person then all get real nice like.Ive seen it a milion time...well a few dozen times and Im not exaggerating.LOL

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: Kenny Powers] #2757443 11/16/11 01:01 PM
L
LuckyDucker Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Ah, the infamous internet badass. Shootin' at people over decoys... You're dumber than the OP. stir

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: Kenny Powers] #2757503 11/16/11 01:25 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
One little itsy bitsy problem with your rant....there are no laws against it

Uh on many WMA's there are. I saw the Warden toting out a climber one day got to Bsin with him. He said he takes the stand puts his card on the tree. Fine is ______ If they want the stand they pay the fine if not get sits in lock up.

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: ducknbass] #2757509 11/16/11 01:27 PM
K
Kenny Powers Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Like I said....Stealin is a sin.

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: Kenny Powers] #2757519 11/16/11 01:30 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
If you read back I said the same thing. Just correcting you on the "there are no laws against it" line. There are on most WMA's. All depends who the controlling authority is just like anything else.

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: ducknbass] #2757552 11/16/11 01:40 PM
K
Kenny Powers Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Depending on how much my dekes cost determins how low and how many slugs I shoot through the bottom of the theives boat hull. whip

Re: duck hunting ethical question [Re: LuckyDucker] #2757559 11/16/11 01:41 PM
K
Kenny Powers Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: LuckyDucker
Ah, the infamous internet badass. Shootin' at people over decoys... You're dumber than the OP. stir

The real toughguys arnt awake yet.They will be on here later getn huffy puffy.Youll see.Luckyducker you must be Indian.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide