Print Thread
Where to Hunt #1714840 10/02/10 01:18 PM
U
Uncle Buck Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
U
I've seen many posts that ask the question "Have you hunted here" and usually the responses range from "Great Place" to "Never Again".

After hunting at several places in Texas and various parts of the country, it has become very clear that not everyone is looking for the same type of hunting experience.

Two examples of this are:

We went on a corporate hunt not to long ago and while it was fun and most people saw game, the owner had a tendency to over promise and under deliver in most of the "non hunting" aspects of the hunt ranging from meals to lodging to future plans. As the planner of the annual affair, I would never go back, however I do understand that there are some that would enjoy this hunt and would recommend it based on what type of hunting experience the person was looking for and would go back myself with the right group.

The second hunt was very similar and again was a corporate hunt. The owner delivered exactly what we were looking for and actually over delivered on the majority of the event. I would however not recommend him to others until I clarified what type of hunting experience they wanted and costs involved.

Several things I would recommend:

1. When considering a hunt anywhere, communication is the key. Talk to the owner and make sure the expectations of both parties are similar.

2. Talk to people who have been there. Why did they like or not like the place...not just "It was Great" or "Never Again". I'm not saying start a war in the forums publically, PM is a great thing!

3. Outfitters and Ranch owners are not mind readers. Before or during the hunt, if you have any concerns or questions....ASK! They are usually pretty accomodating and want you to have a good time.

Some people like Ford..others Chevy...and a few even like Dodge trucks..... grin and it's no different when looking at a hunting trip...

Re: Where to Hunt [Re: Uncle Buck] #1715210 10/02/10 07:41 PM
~
~Awesum98~ Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
~
where is the best place for... that u hunt in WF??

eek2

Last edited by ~Awesum98~; 10/02/10 07:45 PM.

~!*TROUBLE*!~
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide