Forums46
Topics538,759
Posts9,740,900
Members87,111
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: PSE-Xforce-AXE] #1692834 09/23/10 06:14 PM
S
Stinger13 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: PSE-Xforce-AXE
Originally Posted By: stinger13
I have posted about this same thing several times! Come on guys, your fence line, your deer, your rights, your, your, your!! Have you talked to the guy???? I have a lease with 4 feeders on it and on top of the hill, where it is rocky, I have a feeder where the fence around it is connected to the property fence!!! It is on my side!! Your saying I cant hunt ALL of my lease because it is your fence line, and your deer??? COME ON!!!!!

I am a bow hunter and I will NEVER shoot anything that is not on my property! Look at it as another feeder YOU do not have to take care of!!! I guess what I am saying is just TALK TO THE GUY!!!!!!!!!!!! IT is NOT YOUR fence line and YOUR deer!!!

JUST DON'T LIKE STUPID!!!!!

Using the all caps is totally unnecessary. He has a good point, especially regarding safety. Just because your arrow won't go as far as a bullt doesn't make you right. I bow hunt also, but if a gun hunter did that to me, I would feel the same way. I expect you would too. Do you get along with your hunting buddies since you seem to scream so much??

Look in the mirror....

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: Stinger13] #1692875 09/23/10 06:26 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
just something to think about... Fence lines are often not the true property boundry... I've seen fences be 30 yards off the property line.

Another thing Property owners don't tend to like being the bad neighbor, their neighbors will be there a lot longer then the leasor.

I've seen two ajoining property owners both kicker their leasors off because the leasor's of the two properties couldn't get along.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: Stinger13] #1692907 09/23/10 06:32 PM
T
Texas Proud Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
A couple possibilities:

Have a buddy buy the property from them and you buy it from him!!

Put up a high fence!!

Add a few trail cameras to catch the fence cutter!!

Sell the property and buy a bigger piece and high fence it!!

I can understand the problems you're dealing w/ and I'd be very upset also. If authorities won't help when there is a law broken then it is up to the landowner to do what he must do.

I'd also make every possible action to get in touch w/ the landowner.....like you have. It is up to the GW and sheriff to see what could be a safety threat to you. If that fails...... then it maybe necessary to take action into your own hands!!

No use in driving the fence, because taht could be used against you. Maybe clear-cut the area 1 week before season!! That's not illegal.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: stxranchman] #1692950 09/23/10 06:47 PM
P
PSE-Xforce-AXE Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I have posted about this same thing several times! Come on guys, your fence line, your deer, your rights, your, your, your!! Have you talked to the guy???? I have a lease with 4 feeders on it and on top of the hill, where it is rocky, I have a feeder where the fence around it is connected to the property fence!!! It is on my side!! Your saying I cant hunt ALL of my lease because it is your fence line, and your deer??? COME ON!!!!!

I am a bow hunter and I will NEVER shoot anything that is not on my property! Look at it as another feeder YOU do not have to take care of!!! I guess what I am saying is just TALK TO THE GUY!!!!!!!!!!!! IT is NOT YOUR fence line and YOUR deer!!!

If I was your neighbor then this statement might be true..good fences make good neighbors and bad neighbors make high fences. Man if you got enough land to have 4 feeders move off of the fencelines and be a good neighbor. I have never had a problem with someone hunting their property or the deer on it. Your neighbors can not read your mind and know that you are not going to shoot on his property. What do you do when the deer you just shot jumps the fence into the neighbors? Trespass to get it back? Techincally it is half of his fence if he shared the cost of building it and it is on the property line. Try taking down that fence and see how quickly you learn whose fence it is. Both people own up to the fence if it is on the boundry lines. Now if it is on his property then he owns it.

This lease has just over 150 acres. If the other land owner wants to come put a stand up overlookin MY feeder, man come do it. Maybe we will be hunting it the sameday he shoots the next record buck!! I will clean the dang thing for him!! If my arrow goes into a deer and it jumps the fence into his property, I WILL call and let him know I am going to retrieve my deer. The reason the feeder is there is because of how rocky it is. They are just as welcome to hunt my feeder on the fenceline as I am.

"I WILL call and let him know I am going to retrieve my deer"..and you will be trespassing if he said no. He does not have to give you the right to retrieve your deer just because you shot in on your side.

STOP ME!!!! SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS I CAN NOT PUT A FEEDER ON "MY" SIDE OF THE FENCE!! LIKE I SAID I DO NOT LIKE STUPIT!!!

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: PSE-Xforce-AXE] #1692976 09/23/10 06:55 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
PSE -Never said you could not put a feeder on your side of the fence. But what I did say is that you do not have the right to trespass to get a deer you wounded. It is not your property when he jumps the fence. The owner does not have to give you permission to retrieve a wounded animal even if you call him. If you go without his permission then you are subject to trespass violations no matter how much you shout at your computer screen or bold type it. Sorry, it is the law. Read slower and you will see what I meant and what I wrote. Don't get all offensive when I said you are within your rights to do on your side what you want too. I agree with you. But the neighbor does not have to let you trespass.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: stxranchman] #1692992 09/23/10 06:59 PM
T
Texas Proud Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I've heard from guys that have shot a good buck cross a fence and the landowner declined entry. They went and found the buck and kept it for themselves. Was very interesting to hear some folks would take/ claim another man's kill, but it happens.

I lost a buck to an adult when I was 14yrs old because I didn't get to it in time. He was proud of it. I was ticked off, but it was public property.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: stxranchman] #1693002 09/23/10 07:00 PM
T
txhunter24 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
PSE if you put a feeder pen attached to our mutual fence I would park a blind right behind your feeder on MY side of the fence, and say thanks for the free feed and be careful not to shoot me. up would you move your feeder then?

Every good and perfect gift is from above . James 1:17
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: Texas Proud] #1693010 09/23/10 07:02 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: Texas Proud
I've heard from guys that have shot a good buck cross a fence and the landowner declined entry. They went and found the buck and kept it for themselves. Was very interesting to hear some folks would take/ claim another man's kill, but it happens.

I lost a buck to an adult when I was 14yrs old because I didn't get to it in time. He was proud of it. I was ticked off, but it was public property.

Most people would let you if you asked them to. But if the neighbors is ticked because you are hunting on "his" fenceline I have seen it happen that they denied them entry to retrieve a deer. Sad but true.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: PSE-Xforce-AXE] #1693017 09/23/10 07:03 PM
H
HillbillyDeluxe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H

I think you need to go back and read the thread again before going any further.

The OP has stated he's made numerous attempts to talk to the other hunters, all of which have gone unreturned. And the issue isn't whether it's the OP's fence line and deer, but a matter of common decency and safety as he has guns pointed right at his stand as a result of the other hunters' setup.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: BOBO the Clown] #1693044 09/23/10 07:10 PM
T
texasd Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
just something to think about... Fence lines are often not the true property boundry... I've seen fences be 30 yards off the property line.

true, but depending how long the fence has been there, the property boundry will change.... spent some time in court fighting this one twice....

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: txhunter24] #1693125 09/23/10 07:33 PM
P
PSE-Xforce-AXE Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
Originally Posted By: txhunter24
PSE if you put a feeder pen attached to our mutual fence I would park a blind right behind your feeder on MY side of the fence, and say thanks for the free feed and be careful not to shoot me. up would you move your feeder then?

Nope like I said if you shoot the next world record buck as it is on the way to the feeder I will high five you and clean the dang thing for you! Congrats to you!! Let's have a beer!!

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: USMarine] #1693184 09/23/10 07:53 PM
P
PSE-Xforce-AXE Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
Lets put it this way.
1: One of my feeders, sits right on the fence.

2: You are more than welcome to hunt it as I do and we can share a beer after the hunt.

3: My trail cam is on one of the post on the fence line. You are more than welcome to take pictures off it at any time. Just don't erase them, so I can look at them.

4: If you see deer comming into one of my other feeders on the place and want to vedio them or just watch them up close, go sit in my blind, just don't mess anything up!!

I am easy going and I will give you my shirt off my back any time. Just because I am fishing on a bank and you come in next to me and catch the next world record bass, I just want a picture!! Congrats to you!! It is all WILD-life! You do not own them, you can not control them! People that complain about stuff like this, is why the price of hunting is the way it is!!!

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: PSE-Xforce-AXE] #1693200 09/23/10 08:00 PM
M
MELackey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
I'm a little amazed that there are 3 pages of folks saying to park the truck right by the feeder in the path of a bullet. Seems to me that might make for a long walk back to camp...

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: PSE-Xforce-AXE] #1693209 09/23/10 08:02 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
PSE....it's sad to say but guys like you that puT feeders on the border fence is what causes a lot of high fences. There is no other reason for it to be there unless you don't have any deer on your property and are hoping for neighboring deer to jump over for a shot...

The way it sounds every shot you take is at the neighbors property.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: BOBO the Clown] #1693231 09/23/10 08:08 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Another thing Property owners don't tend to like being the bad neighbor, their neighbors will be there a lot longer then the leasor.

I've seen two ajoining property owners both kicker their leasors off because the leasor's of the two properties couldn't get along.

The best dispute I've ever heard involved a leasor and the landowner of the land the guy's lease bordered and I remember the little argument ended with..."son, guess you're not aware the tract of land you're leasing goes on the market in a few months...might want to get your things moved out while it's still cool"

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: Mr. 2 Million] #1693282 09/23/10 08:19 PM
E
Ed Lingenfelter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
Originally Posted By: david f
I thought I read that if a bullet crosses a property line that the shooter has broken the law , might have misread but i believe that is correct

You are correct you cannot shoot across a property line.

Old Soldier
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: txbobcat] #1693299 09/23/10 08:23 PM
P
PSE-Xforce-AXE Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
Originally Posted By: txbobcat
PSE....it's sad to say but guys like you that puT feeders on the border fence is what causes a lot of high fences. There is no other reason for it to be there unless you don't have any deer on your property and are hoping for neighboring deer to jump over for a shot...

The way it sounds every shot you take is at the neighbors property.

LIKE I SAID I HATE STUPID!!!!!

YOU ARE GOING TO SPEND ALL THAT MONEY TO PUT A HIGH FENCE TO KEEP A WILD ANIMAL FROM CROSSING. MAN I FEEL SPECIAL!! THANK YOU!!

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: HillbillyDeluxe] #1693471 09/23/10 09:07 PM
K
KennyLee Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: HillbillyDeluxe

The OP has stated he's made numerous attempts to talk to the other hunters, all of which have gone unreturned. And the issue isn't whether it's the OP's fence line and deer, but a matter of common decency and safety as he has guns pointed right at his stand as a result of the other hunters' setup.

HillBillyDeluxe, thank you for your reading comprehension.

My only real concern is for my own personal safety and the safety of others who may be on my property. From two of these stands, there is almost no possible way a shot can be fired and not cross my fenceline if fired towards their feeders. Only a shot fired very low or a shot contained within the body of whatever animal is hit/killed (most of mine have exit wounds) won't make it across my fence.

I hunt alone 90% of the time. My place is 50 miles from my house and I typically drive out there, hunt all day, then drive back home at night. I prefer hunting out of tripods, so I'm sitting up in the air very exposed. An errant shot could hit me, wound me, and I could be sitting there for quite some time before anyone would know that something happened.

Worse than that, it could happen to one of my family members.

I wish others would do as you have done and read all of my posts before making an opinion about my concerns.

Thank you, again, for doing so.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: KennyLee] #1693621 09/23/10 09:40 PM
H
HillbillyDeluxe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
^^^^^no problema KennyLee

Figured someone who's so vocal about hating stupid would have a different stance about the safety of others, unless he really didn't read the thread.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: PSE-Xforce-AXE] #1693786 09/23/10 10:22 PM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
[/quote]

STOP ME!!!! SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS I CAN NOT PUT A FEEDER ON "MY" SIDE OF THE FENCE!! LIKE I SAID I DO NOT LIKE STUPIT!!! [/quote]

Really?

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: USMarine] #1693803 09/23/10 10:27 PM
W
wellingtontx Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
Park where you normally park and let him deal with your truck. If it ends up with a bullet hole in it, perfect evidence that he violated the law by letting a bullet cross the fence.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: KennyLee] #1694008 09/24/10 12:09 AM
P
PSE-Xforce-AXE Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
Originally Posted By: KennyLee

HillBillyDeluxe, thank you for your reading comprehension.

My only real concern is for my own personal safety and the safety of others who may be on my property. From two of these stands, there is almost no possible way a shot can be fired and not cross my fenceline if fired towards their feeders. Only a shot fired very low or a shot contained within the body of whatever animal is hit/killed (most of mine have exit wounds) won't make it across my fence.

I hunt alone 90% of the time. My place is 50 miles from my house and I typically drive out there, hunt all day, then drive back home at night. I prefer hunting out of tripods, so I'm sitting up in the air very exposed. An errant shot could hit me, wound me, and I could be sitting there for quite some time before anyone would know that something happened.

Worse than that, it could happen to one of my family members.

I wish others would do as you have done and read all of my posts before making an opinion about my concerns.

Thank you, again, for doing so.

Realy? You are worried about your safety? You could trip and fall on your way to your stand and it would be the same amout of time for someone to find you. Your own gun could go off and hit you and it would take the same amount of time for someone to find you. You could shoot a deer and the bullet come out on your "exit wound" hit a rock and come back and hit you and it would take the same amount of time for someone to find you. What was it 2 years ago a lady was hit at Texas Motor Speedway from a bullet shot from a 50 cal, that was shot from over a mile away? And you want to through up that you are worried about your safety! Realy, you are going out into the "wild" where anything could happen and you are worried? I HATE STUPID!!

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: PSE-Xforce-AXE] #1694018 09/24/10 12:11 AM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Concern over someone shooting across your fenceline isn't stupid by any stretch of the imagination.

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: HillbillyDeluxe] #1694029 09/24/10 12:14 AM
P
PSE-Xforce-AXE Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
^^^^^no problema KennyLee

Figured someone who's so vocal about hating stupid would have a different stance about the safety of others, unless he really didn't read the thread.

I HATE STUPID!!!!

YOUR WORRIED ABOUT A BULLET FROM MY BOW? STUPID!! READ THE HOLE THRED TARD!!

Re: Finally happened to me: Neighbor put feeders on my fenceline [Re: cameron00] #1694033 09/24/10 12:16 AM
P
PSE-Xforce-AXE Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
Originally Posted By: cameron00
Concern over someone shooting across your fenceline isn't stupid by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree with that!!! Well said!!

Just because someone puts a feeder up on a fence does not make them the culprit if a stray bullet hits anything. You are putting yourself in the situation for an acident if you go hunting!!

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide