Print Thread
Day hunt guarantee? #1175795 01/16/10 02:26 PM
B
Bubbamaniac Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
B
Do most day hunts or guided hunts have some sort of guarantee on a kill. It seems unresanable to pay 2000 for a hunt and not get to bring home some meat or atleast a portion of your cost.

Re: Day hunt guarantee? [Re: Bubbamaniac] #1175962 01/16/10 04:23 PM
S
Springster Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
I've seen some hunts that guarantee a shot, but not a kill. It depends on where you're hunting and what you're looking for. Big free range trophy hunts will not guarantee anything, as they shouldn't. You're paying for the chance at a big animal in that case. Now if you just want meat, and you don't really care what it is you shoot, then you can get an outfitter to guarantee you a shot.

Re: Day hunt guarantee? [Re: Springster] #1176176 01/16/10 06:52 PM
mulie_mike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Most places that are more than a 1 day hunt and more than a couple hundred bucks will guarantee you a shot opportunity but not a guaranteed kill. If you wound an animal and cant find it then its up to the landowner/guide/outfitter to honor his agreement and let you harvest another one. That is where it gets into the ethical agurment and can start getting expensive on the outfitters/guide side.

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/
Re: Day hunt guarantee? [Re: mulie_mike] #1176278 01/16/10 08:24 PM
B
B-swit Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
some do some dont. usually guaranteed kill places are HF. ive been on hunts where you only pay the guide fee if you dont kill anything and ive been on some where you pay full price no matter what. just depends.

Re: Day hunt guarantee? [Re: mulie_mike] #1176302 01/16/10 08:40 PM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: mulie_mike
Most places that are more than a 1 day hunt and more than a couple hundred bucks will guarantee you a shot opportunity but not a guaranteed kill. If you wound an animal and cant find it then its up to the landowner/guide/outfitter to honor his agreement and let you harvest another one. That is where it gets into the ethical agurment and can start getting expensive on the outfitters/guide side.

Somewhat confused on the statement about wounding. A hunter wounds an animal, can't find it and the landowner/outfitter/guide needs to let the hunter honor the agreement of letting him shot another animal??? Wounded animal=game over, You draw blood, guts, rump ect. its yours, no more whoops bad shot lets go get another one. We will do everything to track the animal and recover it, but the hunters arn't going to keep slaying animals, due to bad shots. Bad shots happen, but with the attitude "I can keep hunting, even though I screwed up", you will have more inhumane harvests then anything else.

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: Day hunt guarantee? [Re: 7mag] #1176590 01/16/10 11:58 PM
mulie_mike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
7mag I agree exactly with what you are saying but if you are on a hunt that is "Guaranteed Kill Opportunity" and the hunter wounds an animal what are you to do if you do not find the animal... It is not retrieved or dead but wounded (a loop hole in agreement) so the guarantee has not been fulfilled.

Its not a guaranteed shot it is a guaranteed kill which I have seen some places heck quite a few offer this.
So to stick with your agreement obviously the landowner or whoever offering the hunt must abide by there personal arrangement.

That is what I ment originally. IMO I dont like that type of agreement or way someone may opperate but a few do, if not these places would not be arround. I hope that cleared it up for you.

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Re: Day hunt guarantee? [Re: mulie_mike] #1177359 01/17/10 01:36 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
7mag I agree exactly with what you are saying but if you are on a hunt that is "Guaranteed Kill Opportunity" and the hunter wounds an animal what are you to do if you do not find the animal... It is not retrieved or dead but wounded (a loop hole in agreement) so the guarantee has not been fulfilled.

Its not a guaranteed shot it is a guaranteed kill which I have seen some places heck quite a few offer this.
So to stick with your agreement obviously the landowner or whoever offering the hunt must abide by there personal arrangement.

That is what I ment originally. IMO I dont like that type of agreement or way someone may opperate but a few do, if not these places would not be arround. I hope that cleared it up for you.
I don't know of anyone that does that around here unless you would shoot it in a pen. If you wound it and don't find it the animal probably will die. Dead is killed , right? It doesn't say that the hunter has to have be able to take it home.

Re: Day hunt guarantee? [Re: don k] #1179162 01/18/10 02:59 AM
J
jerry hart Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
I think I would agree would 7Mag, and I have paid before and didn't find the animal. But, that was my fault. I learned from that lesson to double check my rifle before I went to a hunt. It was the only time since I was 12 years old, 37 years ago, that I had to resight my gun in. It taught me a valuable and expensive lesson, and I agreed that I should pay. The guide, ranch, or deer had nothing to do with my shot or gun not being sighted in properly. Now, since that time, I check it every time I go into the woods. I haven't missed one yet. I didn't miss that one, but they didn't find it until the next day. No one can gurantee a kill if you flinch, scope's out of sight, or ammo is bad, unless they use their guns.

Last edited by jerry hart; 01/18/10 03:00 AM.

avid deer hunter that is disable but God has still blessed me.
Re: Day hunt guarantee? [Re: jerry hart] #1183882 01/20/10 12:27 AM
E
Eddie B Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
Kill Opportunity - Not guaranteed kill...

Re: Day hunt guarantee? [Re: Eddie B] #1185052 01/20/10 02:35 PM
L
LKForkGuide Marc Mitchell Offline
Tracker
Tracker
L
I see it has the outfitter/guide on day hunts are charging for a place to hunt with feeders and stands set up that would give you a good chance at a harvest but nothing is guarantied in anything. The opportunity/place is what you pay for since the hunter does not have a place to hunt for himself. I personally do not like kill fees. It is like going on a guided fishing trip you pay to learn something,and for the guides time/expertise/equipment,in hopes of catching fish, which you do most of the time.Some days are great some not so great. I agree with 7 mag blood on the ground hunt is over ! The outfitter/guide cannot make things happen for you that is why it is called fair chase. I have a line I like to use.. Guide is spelled G-U-I-D-E- not G-O-D !

email: mgs@suddenlink.net
marcmitchell521@yahoo.com
www.mitchellsguideservice.com
www.lakeforktxguide.com
www.viperxplures.com
903-348-3533
Re: Day hunt guarantee? [Re: LKForkGuide Marc Mitchell] #1185141 01/20/10 03:16 PM
T
Tye Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
We operate a HF'ed hunting operation and the only thing I guarantee is that animals of a certain size are on the ranch. I can't guarantee they will show up during the 3-4 day hunt. I can't control the weather,deer movement etc. We almost got skunked on a doe hunt in December of this past year. It took 3 outing to see one and luckily the first time hunter connected with a great shot. In our opinion, if the animal is hit that is "your" deer. We will do our best to find him. Even after the season is over and if the deer is found(buck), we would send the antlers to the hunter who shot it.

Originally Posted By: AmoCuernos
If you shoot a young deer because a neighbor will shoot it, you are that neighbor.
Re: Day hunt guarantee? [Re: mulie_mike] #1185161 01/20/10 03:28 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

That makes no sense. The hunter did have an opportunity to kill the animal. He effed up and wounded it. Game over.

Re: Day hunt guarantee? [Re: cbump] #1185277 01/20/10 04:17 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: cbump

That makes no sense. The hunter did have an opportunity to kill the animal. He effed up and wounded it. Game over.

I think Mulie is saying when you "Guarantee Kill" then the hunters is shooting until he has a dead aminal in his hands.. wounding isn't dead... yet.

I think he is telling everyone(guides/outfitters) becareful of "100% Guarantee kill" b/c it can bite you in the arse.

Last edited by BOBO the Clown; 01/20/10 04:17 PM.

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: Day hunt guarantee? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #1185459 01/20/10 05:49 PM
F
FETCH_UP Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
I agree with others. Most of my ranches have a guaranteed shot opportunity but not a guaranteed kill. We will put you on the animal but its up to you to pull the trigger and make a clean shot.

[Linked Image]
HRCH ACE MH
Triple D Duck Club
Re: Day hunt guarantee? [Re: FETCH_UP] #1185830 01/20/10 08:16 PM
mulie_mike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
thank you bobo that is exactly what I was trying to say. no need to make it more complicated than what it was or make it into a big deal as some are trying to make it.

www.westtexashunt.com

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide