Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: PETITION [Re: Crazyhorse] #109851 11/28/06 05:05 PM
B
bhunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
**I'm not the smartest person in the world but i read the bill and this my interpretation is the following:

it does not say "poacher" any where in the bill it does however say "citation" and here is the definition of "citation" from the bill:

Quote:
DEFINITIONS
Section 1. As used in this compact, unless the context otherwise requires:
(a) "Citation" means any summons, complaint, summons and complaint, ticket ,
penalty assessment or other official document issued by a wildlife officer or other
peace officer for a wildlife violation containing an order which requires the person
to respond.

**Definition of "Respond" is=
Quote:

Main Entry: 2respond
Function: verb
Etymology: alteration of Middle English respounden, from Anglo-French respundre, from Latin respondEre to promise in return, answer, from re- + spondEre to promise -- more at SPOUSE
intransitive verb
1 : to say something in return : make an answer <respond to criticism>
2 a : to react in response <responded to a call for help> b : to show favorable reaction <respond to surgery>
3 : to be answerable <respond in damages>
transitive verb : REPLY

**Nowhere in the above quote does it say "poacher" does it??

**What if you get a "ticket" for DUI from a game warden, it falls into that category or you forget to put your tag on that deer you are dressing out at camp and get a "ticket"?

**i would like this bill to be more to point when it comes to "poaching" it is a little vauge in my opinion.

**please read the bill** http://www.stoppoaching.org/wvc/model_legislation.pdf

ROY

B.O.H.I.C.A.

"BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES!!!!"

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY"

http://www.parkerpwr.com/
Re: PETITION [Re: bhunter] #109852 11/28/06 11:18 PM
W
Wild Boar Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
The way the state of colorado works is on a point system. 21 points and you loose your hunting license for 5 years. I dont think a dui counts toward points, for treaspassing with a firearm it is 20 points, not leaving proof of sex on a carcass is 10 points.

P.W. ARCHERY
www.boardhunts.com
Re: PETITION [Re: bhunter] #109853 11/29/06 01:29 AM
Crazyhorse Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Look at the place where it states a Wildlife Violation, a DUI or DWI is not a Wildlife Violation. If you do not want to sign it, that is your perogative. Some of us want to see such legislation passed here in Texas. I appreciate the fact that you commented on how you feel about the subject, and I am sure there are other people that feel the same way, but, can you explain to me why getting a DUI or DWI in any state should be excused in any other state, and what it has to do with the illegal killing of game or catching of fish?

Re: PETITION [Re: Crazyhorse] #109854 11/29/06 02:07 PM
B
bhunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
QUOTE FROM "CRAZYHORSECONSULTING"
"Look at the place where it states a Wildlife Violation, a DUI or DWI is not a Wildlife Violation."

THIS IS A QUOTE FROM THE BILL:
(e) The violation of wildlife laws interferes with the management of wildlife
resources and may endanger the safety of persons and property.

this means if you get a dui ticket from a game warden if falls under that statement because you are endangering the safety of persons and or property.
the game wardens do not run road blocks, if you get a ticket from a game warden for dui your are in their turf and not on any highway.
heres another quote and its from the "PARKS AND WILDLIFE CODE":
Quote "§ 12.001. GENERAL DUTIES. (a) The department shall
administer the laws relating to game, fish, oysters, and marine
life, as set out in this code."

this means you get a ticket from a game warden it is related to the law of wildlife. no other law enforcement agency does this.

LET ME PUT IT IN PLAIN ENGLISH:

POACHERS DO NOT NEED LICENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU DO NOT MAKE A BILL THAT TAKES SOMETHING AWAY FROM SOMEONE THAT DOESNT EVEN PURCHASE THE DAM THING.

ROY

B.O.H.I.C.A.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY"

Re: PETITION [Re: bhunter] #109855 11/29/06 04:52 PM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:

POACHERS DO NOT NEED LICENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU DO NOT MAKE A BILL THAT TAKES SOMETHING AWAY FROM SOMEONE THAT DOESNT EVEN PURCHASE THE DAM THING.

Welcome to the forum, did you join up just to post this, it's kinda like drivers license, people are going to drive without them, people are going to drink & drive, but there is is a law. I guess the other 25 states thought it was a bad idea too.

Re: PETITION [Re: dgilbert] #109856 11/29/06 05:24 PM
B
bhunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
im not trying to courage poaching im trying to explain that if you get a ticket from a game warden you loose your hunting privleges, no second chance for forgetting to tag a deer or not filing out the tag, dui in a boat on a lake, jay walking, cursing anything that a game warden can write you a ticket for goes into that little file with your name on and then when its time to get your hunting license, guess whats on the computer screen, "YOUR NAME WITH A CITATION BESIDE IT", no second chance period. do you really thing that if i get a ticket because i start a camp fire in a no burn zone that i should have my hunting privleges taken away. remember this is about poaching right?

oh, thanks for the welcome, i have been a member of dhc for a while now and a post had this link on so i thought i would join here to. thank you

ROY

B.O.H.I.C.A.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY"

Re: PETITION [Re: bhunter] #109857 11/29/06 05:47 PM
B
bhunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
OH by the way i did sign the petition

ROY

B.O.H.I.C.A.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY"

Re: PETITION [Re: bhunter] #109858 11/29/06 09:05 PM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Good man.

Re: PETITION [Re: Crazyhorse] #109859 11/30/06 12:27 PM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Done I am on board too thank you CHC

Re: PETITION [Re: bhunter] #109860 11/30/06 04:36 PM
Crazyhorse Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I don't think it works that way. A GW can give you a tcket for speeding, but it is not listed as a wildlife violation.

Also this isn't an all or nothing situation. As Wild Boar explained in his post, Colorado works on a point system.

If your hunting or fishing priveledges are suspended in one of the member states, then they are suspended in all the member states, for the same duration as the state the violation was committed in. If they are suspended for 1 year in Colorado, they are suspended for 1 year in the other member states. These are not permannent suspensions, unless the violation was punishable by suspension of hunting and fishing priveledges for life.

Re: PETITION [Re: Crazyhorse] #109861 12/01/06 01:06 AM
Crazyhorse Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Well, we have had 197 signatures and one comment from a SFI. I just love it when children learn how to play on a computer, before they learn how to go Potty by themselves.

Re: PETITION [Re: Crazyhorse] #109862 12/02/06 01:04 AM
Crazyhorse Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Well, we are still setting at 198 signatures and 1 comment from some insignigigant idiot. It really amazes me as to how many folks set around and say they would like to see poachers and other scofflaws stopped, yet are too lazy to just take the time to sign a simple petition, trying to get the state to get off its rear end and get involved in something that might help clean up the image of hunters in general. JMO.

Re: PETITION [Re: Crazyhorse] #109863 12/05/06 03:19 AM
Crazyhorse Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Well, you can never be sure of what to expect out of folks. We are setting here with 199 signatures and one worthless comment from an idiot.

According to the figures, there are 4458 registered members on The Forum.

Not all of those signatures are from Forum members.

Can some one PLEASE explain to me why it is so easy to set around and gripe about stuff, yet when given the opportunity to get involved, no one seems to want to.

People want to see things change, yet it is so easy to set by the side and hope some one else does it.

I really feel secure about the future of hunting for those that come behind us, because we are going to leave them nothing, simply because we are as a group too stinking lazy and unconcerned to get involved.

For a group of what seem to be really great folks, THF members are some of the most non-commital people I have ever seen.

Re: PETITION [Re: Crazyhorse] #109864 12/05/06 12:06 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
Lack of responsibility...no desire to get involved...fear of being exposed...feelings of not belonging....

Where's our resident shrink when you need him.

Re: PETITION [Re: Big Orn] #109865 12/05/06 12:29 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Not wanting to get involved is known as the Ostrich Syndrome, stick your head in the sand and it will go away. That was explained to me by a very incompetent University professor shrink as "If it does not affect me now, I don't want to hear about it" To get people involved you have to get their attention, example, "if you hand a person a grenade with the pin in it they will just look at it and soon ignore it, but pull the pin and then hand it to them and they will get involved" Now that the grenade will explode they will get involved, but they may waited to long to help themselves. But then only 30 something percent vote in the elections on the average so it might be that they are just lazy, like the overall public

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: PETITION [Re: Big Orn] #109866 12/05/06 12:37 PM
Crazyhorse Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
It just never ceases to amaze me as too how many folks always want to set around and gripe or ask questions about why things are the way they are, and why nobody does anything to correct the problems, yet when given the opportunity to get involved they stick their heads back in the sand. I am really beginning to hope that I do live to see us lose the right to hunt so I can look at folks and say "I Told You It Was Going To Happen."

The other thing is that we are all supposedly "PROUD TEXANS", yet we have no problem letting our great state come in in the bottom 20 in a lot of stuff that we should be in the leading group of.

Re: PETITION [Re: Crazyhorse] #109867 12/05/06 12:45 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
Ever since you took your old sig line out, you've continually grown in political incorrectness, Randall...

But, I agree....only thing is - I remember the days when a word and handshake were as binding as any document.

I really don't know why the remaining members won't get involved...and maybe the ones that already have are the heart of the forum anyway. There's still that hope that they will, howsoever...

Re: PETITION [Re: Big Orn] #109868 12/05/06 12:59 PM
Crazyhorse Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I checked a few minutes back, and we now have 202 signatures, and I know that they aren't all THF members.

The thing that puzzles me, is that we are listed at having 4450+ registered members. So my question is, why are people even registering if they are not going to actually get involved in things on The Forum?

I could understand it if stuff like this petition were really that politically hot, but this is just trying to get TP&W and the State Legislature to get on the ball and do something sooner, than wait around till Texas is in the last 10 states or so that will be shamed into joining by the other member states.

I mean look at the Concealed Carry Permits. Texas was like number 38 to get a right to carry law of some kind on the books. Vermont had a right to carry law for like 10 years or so before we got one here. How does that make sense to anyone???

As for the signature, I just thought I would try something new for a while.

Re: PETITION [Re: Crazyhorse] #109869 12/05/06 05:52 PM
P
PKnTX Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Just my thoughts on this:
I won't throw out any percentages since I don't know them,
but the great majority of "members" probably don't even log
on anymore. Of the ones that do a great majority of them
only read and leave. No input on topics and certainly no
time spent on anything else.

You want to see a cross section of members attitudes?
Check out the thread "citation...." on the deer hunting
forum. If there are people not even willing to learn the
laws that govern hunting now, I'd bet they aren't going to
take any time to help with any new legislation.

This is an admirable and worthy cause. Expecting action
from anything more than a very small percentage of people
on ANYTHING will, sadly, lead to disappointment.

PK (Pessimism King)

Re: PETITION [Re: PKnTX] #109870 12/05/06 06:06 PM
Crazyhorse Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I don't look at you as a pessimist, in fact I usually try to look at things the way you are about this, REALISTICALLY.

I guess I just do not understand why any body would take the time to even register, if they are not going to at least get slightly involved.

From a realistic standpoint however, you are right with your comments, people just don't want to put themselves out, except by setting around griping but not being willing to do anything. Thanks for the comments PK.

Re: PETITION [Re: Crazyhorse] #109871 12/08/06 12:16 AM
W
Wild Boar Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
208 as of now , Im with you chc I dont understand why folks dont want to get involved , unless they are poachers or like poachers.

P.W. ARCHERY
www.boardhunts.com
Re: PETITION [Re: dipnetdon] #109872 12/08/06 12:25 AM
B
Boyzndawoodz Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B

Re: PETITION [Re: Wild Boar] #109873 12/08/06 12:27 AM
Crazyhorse Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
The petition runs till the 14th. of this month, then Lora and I will send both a hard copy and the electronic copy to the various places this time next week. I may be wrong, but I think there are only 207 actual signatures, because some AH that I suspicion was on the Forum for a short time, tried to make some sort of political statement instead of being a human. I don't know if it is apathy or people really just don't care enough to get involved, even if that means taking the time to do a few clicks of a mouse on a computer.

I stand corrected, I just checked and there are 208 signatures on the petition. Of course not all of them are THF members and we only have a couple over 4500 registered members. What does that figure out to percentage wise, 1/10th. of a %.

Last edited by crazyhorseconsulting; 12/08/06 12:35 AM.
Re: PETITION [Re: Crazyhorse] #109874 12/08/06 05:24 AM
O
Okiehunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
There ya are, 211, I would like to see Oklahoma get in on this also being that they are a neighboring state, and I hunt in both Texas and Oklahoma. Not to mention thats my home state.

Re: PETITION [Re: Okiehunter] #109875 12/08/06 03:57 PM
Crazyhorse Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Thanks for the post, and I believe it will be one of those Domino effect things. If I remember right, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana are not members of the compact, but both New Mexico and Kansas are. I think that if Texas joins, the other 3 neighboring state will also. JMO.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide