Forums46
Topics539,921
Posts9,755,669
Members87,194
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: lumberjack] #1044386 11/18/09 02:29 AM
A
ATF NO KNOCK Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
A
Originally Posted By: lumberjack
Originally Posted By: Guy
Well tell us what did happen. As I remember the story, he posted a picture of the dead owl, and joked around in some shape or form about killing it. Is that not right? Didn’t he lay it down next to his dead ducks, as if it was part of his bag?

Why don’t you set the story strait for us. up

Guy you troll enough on the Refuge I am sure you can use the search button like the rest of us. Then again you dont post over there much, just troll.

Makes you say hmmm.

Did you come up with that all by yourself, or is that what Auto I mean U Who told you to post?

Guy is pretty close to being spot on with recount of the story, the only thing is the offender can't come on here and set the story straight, because he deleted the post of the owl laying next to the ducks he had killed that morning and if he comes on here and comes clean, he knows it will incriminate him for the lie's he told in court and he really doesn't want to go there.

Very little of what happened to him was because of the dead owl, most of it was because he was so focused on being an Internet Bad [censored] and a hero to his disciples that he got trapped by his own ego.

Actually the original post was quite humorous, it was when he started having selective memory that his troubles began.
I see he still has issues with the truth.

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: ATF NO KNOCK] #1044534 11/18/09 03:13 AM
L
LongBoom Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
Originally Posted By: Bryan Ford

He posted it originally on the bow of his boat with some other birds. Then alluded to the fact that he killed it. It was actually hit by his truck in OK. A day or so later he posted the pic of it in his grill. Problem was it was too late. People already were under the impression he killed it. He now has a hardon for all Fed law enforcement. I would guess he didn't get a ticket for having an owl but for stupidity and wasting peoples time. He deserved it, but likes to make out like it was the jack-booted thugs that blew things way out of proportion. What do you expect when you waste peoples time? Got to pay the price for it.

I really wish everyone would get the story right.....

1. Owl hit in Texas
2. Owl Discovered in grill in OK while getting diesel
3. Decided not to throw it into trash, but return it to nature
4. Hunted, removed owl took pictures, posted pics on internet, brokdick federal agent shows up.
5. Verbal Sparring insues, pretty illegal detainment (several LEO's) said I should have been mirandized from the actions of the feds.

I have never liked the feds, no one in Alaska likes the feds. grin

So you deserve to get a ticket, because you waste a USFWS agents time? You mean the same guys that we pay for there salaries? The guys who check hunters on Big Texoma and don't even know which state they are checking hunters in? The same guy disliked by quite a few Texas State Wardens? The same guys who will bust you in a heartbeat for over posession of birds in your freeze, even though Texas laws says different?

Originally Posted By: ATF NO KNOCK

Guy is pretty close to being spot on with recount of the story, the only thing is the offender can't come on here and set the story straight, because he deleted the post of the owl laying next to the ducks he had killed that morning and if he comes on here and comes clean, he knows it will incriminate him for the lie's he told in court and he really doesn't want to go there.

Very little of what happened to him was because of the dead owl, most of it was because he was so focused on being an Internet Bad [censored] and a hero to his disciples that he got trapped by his own ego.

Actually the original post was quite humorous, it was when he started having selective memory that his troubles began.

Steve Hamilton is that you? I thought you retired, damn no one is safe now.

1. Didn't tell any lies in court- Never went to court.... hmmm guess the US Attorney in OK didn't want to prosecute, wonder why?

2. Offered to donate entire fine amount to DU or Delta in the name of USFWS w/ no recognition to myself. Agent Hamilowton refused my lawyers offer, telling him I was an outlaw.

3. "Special" Agent Hamilowlton could not get a prosecution on the Lacey Act violation- so he flexed me on another charge that would have cost me about 20k to fight.

4. No criminal record or record of violation

What you can take away from this and other story about the feds is don't ever think that because you not done anything wrong that you are free and clear. YMMV.

One of my favorite federal laws, Attempting to Evade Federal.

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: LongBoom] #1044687 11/18/09 04:02 AM
B
Bryan Ford Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Seems you left a few things out. Why did you not put the part in about taking the pics on the bow of the boat with your ducks and alluding to the fact that you killed it. Why would you leave that out? Sounds like you are still having a hard time admitting you were an idiot.

Donate money to DU or Delta? Since when do the "bad guys" get to dictate how their indescretions are handled?

How could this even possibly been a Lacey act case? 20K to fight? Should have got a new lawyer!

No criminal record, just a internet legacy. LOL

Where is the attempting to evade federal law?

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: Bryan Ford] #1044732 11/18/09 04:21 AM
L
LongBoom Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
Seems you left a few things out. Why did you not put the part in about taking the pics on the bow of the boat with your ducks and alluding to the fact that you killed it. Why would you leave that out? Sounds like you are still having a hard time admitting you were an idiot.

Donate money to DU or Delta? Since when do the "bad guys" get to dictate how their indescretions are handled?

How could this even possibly been a Lacey act case? 20K to fight? Should have got a new lawyer!

I guess reading comprehension is not your specialty, wouldn't exect anything else.

1. Did you notice the part where I mentioned getting squeezed on another charge?
2. Where did I allude to killing an owl? Is alluding the same as admitting?
3. Where did I fail to mention that I posted pics, seems like I did above. How many pics were posted? I have all the originals, only one was posted besides the one in the grill.
4. Attempt to evade federal law was in reference to others in the news, again work on reading comprehension.
5. Wow, sorry, I who am I to think that USFWS would accede to a reasonable request that would benefit the resource they are allegedly charged with protecting?

Idiot?? Not hardly Mensa member. I think my life is working out damn nice, if that incident posting a picture of a dead owl in which no crime was committed, is the worst thing that happens, I will take a 1k speed bump any day.

Now if you want to continue this, you will have to do it on the refuge or do it through email, hero, I am sure Guy or JP is working. Shane.ODonley@gmail.com

Last edited by LongBoom; 11/18/09 04:22 AM.
Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: LongBoom] #1044747 11/18/09 04:31 AM
C
cbrown46 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Anyone having any luck after this front?

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: ATF NO KNOCK] #1044817 11/18/09 05:02 AM
L
lumberjack Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Originally Posted By: Moose Knuckles
I hereby nominate "lumberjack" for Internet Game Warden of the Year.

Do I have a second?

Duck season just started though, lots of time left. up

Well tell us what did happen. As I remember the story, he posted a picture of the dead owl, and joked around in some shape or form about killing it. Is that not right? Didn’t he lay it down next to his dead ducks, as if it was part of his bag?

Guy you troll enough on the Refuge I am sure you can use the search button like the rest of us. Then again you dont post over there much, just troll.

Makes you say hmmm.

Did you come up with that all by yourself, or is that what Auto I mean U Who told you to post?

I never knew there was such jealousy from the little Texas site.

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: LongBoom] #1044829 11/18/09 05:11 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
To me it is not complicated.

You hit an owl in your truck, and killed it. Not good, but could have happened to anybody. The mistake you made was joking about how you killed it on the internet, some things you don’t joke about on the internet, breaking the law is one. That was your only mistake IMO, had you not joked about it, it would have been a non-issue.

Anyways, my only reason for posting on this thread was the refuge peanut gallery comparing your incident to Cable’s, they do not compare. 1) Cable did not kill the owl and 2) he did not joke about it on the internet.

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: Guy] #1044851 11/18/09 05:23 AM
L
LongBoom Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
L
To me it is not complicated.

You hit an owl in your truck, and killed it. Not good, but could have happened to anybody. The mistake you made was joking about how you killed it on the internet, some things you don’t joke about on the internet, breaking the law is one. That was your only mistake IMO, had you not joked about it, it would have been a non-issue.

I never said posting the pics, was not a huge mistake.

Anyways, my only reason for posting on this thread was the refuge peanut gallery comparing your incident to Cable’s, they do not compare. 1) Cable did not kill the owl and 2) he did not joke about it on the internet.

And One Year's Wonder advice, was don't even post the pic, the Fed's do not have anything close to a sense of humor, nor do they care about the law, it is a power trip, some may disagree, but when Texas Parks and Wildlife mag, LEO's, and others agree, it's not just my take.

Besides I did not kill that owl, it committed suicide. grin Good evening, I will get back to my site.

Last edited by LongBoom; 11/18/09 05:23 AM.
Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: LongBoom] #1044864 11/18/09 05:36 AM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
I was going to refrain from jumping in on this thread, but with all the people just appearing out of the woodwork, I can't hold back.

First of all, I understand the rammifications of posting a photograph of a protected bird of prey dead in a tree; however Cable did nothing wrong, nor should he have anything to worry about. In fact, I'm glad he did step up and post...it brings to light all the idiots out there who would do something like that. As stewards of the land we should be rather pissed off that someone would do that rather than getting into agruments on the internet about it.

Yes, I realize there was an instance in the past where someone caught a lot of heat, but come on, air your dirty laundry out elsewhere. We don't need nor want that here. Don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out, have fun where you came from.

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: Cochise] #1045044 11/18/09 01:15 PM
U
U who Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
U
Who is U Who? Keep guessing. You are not even close.

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: Cochise] #1045050 11/18/09 01:19 PM
1 Year Wonder Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: cboone22
I was going to refrain from jumping in on this thread, but with all the people just appearing out of the woodwork, I can't hold back.

First of all, I understand the rammifications of posting a photograph of a protected bird of prey dead in a tree; however Cable did nothing wrong, nor should he have anything to worry about. In fact, I'm glad he did step up and post...it brings to light all the idiots out there who would do something like that. As stewards of the land we should be rather pissed off that someone would do that rather than getting into agruments on the internet about it.

Yes, I realize there was an instance in the past where someone caught a lot of heat, but come on, air your dirty laundry out elsewhere. We don't need nor want that here. Don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out, have fun where you came from.

.......Look, I know the kid didn't shoot the owl, and in a perfect world he should have nuthin to fear for postin the pic, ........but why push it?

Yes it pisses me off that some moron kilt the thing too, but why give the Feds any ammo????

Right or wrong has nothing to do with it when certain types get involved...........ANYTHING could happen!

The Wonder

Piles-O-Mallards TM

All posts made by the Wonder are a lie, tale, fib or some other stretch of the truth.

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: 1 Year Wonder] #1045110 11/18/09 01:53 PM
T
Tuoms Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
in the words of Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore...Gold Jacket..Green Jacket..Who Gives a S$$t!!!!!

[Linked Image]
Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: LongBoom] #1045186 11/18/09 02:26 PM
A
ATF NO KNOCK Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
A
Originally Posted By: LongBoom

I guess reading comprehension is not your specialty, wouldn't exect anything else.

1. Did you notice the part where I mentioned getting squeezed on another charge?
2. Where did I allude to killing an owl? Is alluding the same as admitting?
3. Where did I fail to mention that I posted pics, seems like I did above. How many pics were posted? I have all the originals, only one was posted besides the one in the grill.
4. Attempt to evade federal law was in reference to others in the news, again work on reading comprehension.
5. Wow, sorry, I who am I to think that USFWS would accede to a reasonable request that would benefit the resource they are allegedly charged with protecting?

Idiot?? Not hardly Mensa member. I think my life is working out damn nice, if that incident posting a picture of a dead owl in which no crime was committed, is the worst thing that happens, I will take a 1k speed bump any day.

Now if you want to continue this, you will have to do it on the refuge or do it through email, hero, I am sure Guy or JP is working. Shane.ODonley@gmail.com

This has absolutely got to be the weakest thing you have ever posted.
(It should have read I do not have enough back up over here to feel comfortable running smack, but if you will follow me back to my house and let me gather my friends we will kick your butt.)

Then to run back to your yard with your tail between your legs and post this "One of those boys over there does remember way too well". Pitiful just plain pitiful. Umm! I wonder if this means that all of the BS that you have been spewing in this thread was just another attempt to change the story to what you want it to be verus what it really was?

No Intergrity
No Honor.
No Valor.
No Credibility.

Yea that pretty much covers it.

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: ATF NO KNOCK] #1045591 11/18/09 04:48 PM
R
roofer Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R

Actually, stolen signs from a refuge or government property was involved with the search also? That was what the actual fine was for?

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: primetime29] #1046077 11/18/09 07:57 PM
D
duckboy007 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
How do we know for sure that the owl didn't just die of natural causes up in the tree? That does happen, things can die without people shooting them.

My dog snores.
Secret Agent Custom Calls
Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: duckboy007] #1046569 11/18/09 10:51 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: duckboy007
How do we know for sure that the owl didn't just die of natural causes up in the tree? That does happen, things can die without people shooting them.

Died laughing reading Auto's explanation!

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: lumberjack] #1046719 11/18/09 11:53 PM
M
Moose K Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted By: Moose Knuckles
I hereby nominate "lumberjack" for Internet Game Warden of the Year.

Do I have a second?

Duck season just started though, lots of time left. up

Makes you say hmmm.

I never knew there was such jealousy from the little Texas site.

I really have no idea what you're referring to. Jealous of what?

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: Moose K] #1046744 11/19/09 12:08 AM
D
Driller Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
cable you really stirred up a hornets nest

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: Driller] #1046758 11/19/09 12:14 AM
R
roofer Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted By: DrillerJ
cable you really stirred up a hornets nest

Make sure that you do not take a picture and post it, Cable.

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: roofer] #1046859 11/19/09 01:04 AM
C
cable Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
C
I know, no more pictures hammer

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: Moose K] #1046865 11/19/09 01:06 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:

Now that's funny they think we're jealous of a forum that presently only has 41 active members online.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: cable] #1046866 11/19/09 01:06 AM
C
cable Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
C
This def was not my intention, never even fathomed the other instance would be brought up. Just wanted to show why we as hunters sometimes get a bad wrap- because some unethical trigger happy jerk off shot an owl. Sad deal to take the life of a creature like that for no reason.

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: HWY_MAN] #1046868 11/19/09 01:06 AM
C
cable Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
Quote:

Now that's funny they think we're jealous of a forum that presently only has 41 active members online.

ZING !!!

Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: cable] #1046931 11/19/09 01:39 AM
T
TreeBass Offline
Old Weller
Old Weller
T
Originally Posted By: cable
This def was not my intention, never even fathomed the other instance would be brought up. Just wanted to show why we as hunters sometimes get a bad wrap- because some unethical trigger happy jerk off shot an owl. Sad deal to take the life of a creature like that for no reason.

yea it is, but some folks just don't get it bang

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others...

Like the THF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texashuntingforum
Grizzly Coolers
Re: 11-16 Cold Weather + North Wind = [Re: HWY_MAN] #1047384 11/19/09 04:09 AM
L
lumberjack Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
Quote:

Of the Refuge genius

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide