Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: Judd] #8865733 06/10/23 03:12 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Judd
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
judd wants the “Best”. He wants Pure NL glass with sig/revic electronics @ a Vortex price.

It’s almost like you’ve got the madness figured out wink

Perfect summation roflmao

Ive known you over a decade roflmao

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: Theringworm] #8865734 06/10/23 03:14 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Theringworm
Swaro Binos, Revic BR4 rangefinder. If they could marry the two I MIGHT consider it, but doubtful. Rangefinder reliability continues to be an issue for many reputable brands and their warranties aren’t that great. Binos I look at as a buy once cry once purchase that can last a lifetime. Rangefinders in their current state are consumables & therefore I’ll avoid buying a combo setup for that reason alone as I don’t want to keep a combo setup that has a non-functioning rangefinder.

you want to go in halves?

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/leica...bwWWSdcFFMHuWHzmdfh7te-hrlBoCNFMQAvD_BwE

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8865793 06/10/23 05:07 PM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Swaro Binos, Revic BR4 rangefinder. If they could marry the two I MIGHT consider it, but doubtful. Rangefinder reliability continues to be an issue for many reputable brands and their warranties aren’t that great. Binos I look at as a buy once cry once purchase that can last a lifetime. Rangefinders in their current state are consumables & therefore I’ll avoid buying a combo setup for that reason alone as I don’t want to keep a combo setup that has a non-functioning rangefinder.

46 oz, dang. Also seems the length and width are switched but maybe thats just their terminology.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: freerange] #8865795 06/10/23 05:11 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by freerange

46 oz, dang. Also seems the length and width are switched but maybe thats just their terminology.

15x

Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: SherpaPhil] #8865799 06/10/23 05:15 PM
T
Theringworm Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Wouldn’t buy anything ever from Optics Planet first of all 😬. And I still prefer my Swaros and BR4 even if we went halvsies.

Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: Theringworm] #8865843 06/10/23 06:39 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Wouldn’t buy anything ever from Optics Planet first of all 😬. And I still prefer my Swaros and BR4 even if we went halvsies.

Oh I wouldn't buy from them, I need new 15x and SLC are good but not worth the price.

Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: Judd] #8873124 06/25/23 02:47 AM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
My Sig Kilo 3000 is going back to the mothership on Monday...it seems locked up and won't sync to any of my rifle profiles. I've hunted with it the last two seasons and it's been flawless. Their customer service has been very impressive thus far. The glass isn't bad and very serviceable to hunt with. I can see past legal on both sides of the day.

I had decided to do the Leica Pros...because Swarvo isn't a big enough jump in glass to justify the cost of the TA's (they do have angle compensation). A buddy has the Zeiss and I have never been impressed with the glass and the button placement alone would keep me from buying them. So that brought me to the Sig10k or the Leica Pros...the 10k issue I had was around the blue tint, but I've not seen it first hand. Which pretty much put me on the Leicas...not good to hear Jg about their customer service because you will need the customer service eventually.

Which really puts me back to I'm seriously considering just doing the 12x Pures and a stand alone that when it breaks I can pick up another one. The Pures are all that and a bag of chips...they are worth the money. Only binos I've ever looked through and WOW was about all I could get out. I've just had an integrated unit for the last 4 seasons and I'm afraid I will hate the Swarvos without a RF being built in.

Paralysis via analysis is where I sit right this second...but I don't hate my Kilos. confused2

FYI…evidently the electronics were beyond replacement, they sent me a brand new pair of 6k. Little disappointing and impressive at the same time. I guess this will force my hands on the upgrade now. Dang it…

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: SherpaPhil] #8877170 07/03/23 02:54 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
EuroOptic has the Leica 3200.COM on sale.

$600 Off

Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: SherpaPhil] #8877290 07/03/23 07:13 PM
C
Crews Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Sig has good prices and good electronics. However, the optical performance is dangerously close to abysmal. If you're stepping up from Vortex Crossfires it may not disappoint you, but I couldn't live with it.

I currently have the Meopta unit. It's cheaper than Leicas and the image quality isn't as disappointing as Sigs. I'm still on the fence, LRF portion doesn't seem as good as Sig.

Leica is the gold standard for a reason.

Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: LonestarCobra] #8878956 07/07/23 04:17 AM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted by LonestarCobra
Has anyone had their hands on the new Revic BLR10b ?

Yes I have used them at one match and played with them with a couple friends checking them against the Lecia Pro’s.
Glass is very good based off three folks just looking back and forth in good light at pipeline signs and various other stuff in the pasture.
The rangefinder is the real deal and gives distance then dope very fast which is what I dislike about the Lecia Pro’s as they take a couple seconds to do each. For hunting that’s not an issue but for ranging on the clock that’s wasted time.
They (the Revic) are relatively easy to setup and are fairly intuitive. I still have a little trouble with loading from the phone app to binoculars but only because it’s different from Sig’s AB stuff and I have owned a half dozen of their RF’s and Bino RF’s so I am used to their stuff.

I think as of today the Revic is the most well rounded Binoculars with RF/Ballistics/ environmental onboard if it continues working as it has so far.
I say that as I am not a Revic fan as I bought one of their scopes early on and it lasted about a week before it went kaput. They were slow to respond on CS so my dealer swapped me a 7-35x NF and sent that junk back.

I have since read they have gotten better on CS so I decided to give them another shot as they were a new company back then.

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: SherpaPhil] #8879712 07/09/23 01:43 AM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
As always, thanks DS!

Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: SherpaPhil] #8894765 08/03/23 04:47 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
FYI...I decided on the Vortex Fury with the Applied Ballistics, ordered them this morning. After I get them setup and working I'll provide some opinions of them.

Public thanks to DS for the Q&A session.

Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: Judd] #8894794 08/03/23 05:27 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
FYI...I decided on the Vortex Fury with the Applied Ballistics, ordered them this morning. After I get them setup and working I'll provide some opinions of them.

Public thanks to DS for the Q&A session.

Hopefully you underestimated them like I did. All I heard was the inferior glass, etc and that it was piss poor. I don't know whether they've tweaked them lately, but mine are very sharp, contrasty, and get me eaily to and beyond legal shooting light. The RF is superb, build quality is very, very good, and the app and user interface is stupid easy. I am very pleased with them, and hopefully you will be as well.

Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: SherpaPhil] #8896147 08/06/23 02:21 AM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Unfortunately, I have pretty high expectations for them. I had the original ranging Fury and then upgraded to the Sig 3000. Those were impressive, until they broke right before a hunt. I could see better with them than I could the Ziess ranging binos and they didn’t put the button in a dumb location. Sig stood behind them but sent the 6K as a replacement and I felt like that was likely a downgrade. Never even opened them.

This is the second time my wife’s direct buy program (she works retail) has played a factor in the decision, I likely would’ve went Revic had I not had that available to me.

Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: SherpaPhil] #8896151 08/06/23 02:29 AM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Keep us posted what you think of them if you don't mind.

Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: SherpaPhil] #8951648 11/08/23 03:05 PM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
A follow up on info relayed in above posts.
I ended up keeping the Vortex Fury AB’s and not keeping the Revic’s BLR10B’s.

Although the Revic do give your drop data slightly faster I decided it wasn’t a big enough deal to warrant 1200.00 extra money over the Vortex which seem to be from looks made in same facility with only difference being the ballistic engine.
Also the fact that Vortex warranty is way better than the 3 years on the Revic played into that as well.
That and the fact I am now officially a Vortex fan club/ cheerleader happy3
Bought another GenIII yesterday and shoutout to Scheels for their price match policy they too have consistently impressed me with their CS.

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: DStroud] #8951662 11/08/23 03:13 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by DStroud
A follow up on info relayed in above posts.
I ended up keeping the Vortex Fury AB’s and not keeping the Revic’s BLR10B’s.

Although the Revic do give your drop data slightly faster I decided it wasn’t a big enough deal to warrant 1200.00 extra money over the Vortex which seem to be from looks made in same facility with only difference being the ballistic engine.
Also the fact that Vortex warranty is way better than the 3 years on the Revic played into that as well.
That and the fact I am now officially a Vortex fan club/ cheerleader happy3
Bought another GenIII yesterday and shoutout to Scheels for their price match policy they too have consistently impressed me with their CS.

whats the difference in glass between the two?

Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: SherpaPhil] #8951674 11/08/23 03:36 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
I've got a weekend hunting behind mine. They've worked great at the range and setup was easy. The drops have all been within 1/4 moa out to 800y on the initial setup (using LabRadar speeds). Their app is easy to use (as was Sig's, Ziess' app is trash) and the glass is good well beyond shooting times.

A buddies son I hunted with this past weekend had and older pair of Leica's...they were clearer when it was 20 minutes prior to shooting but once shooting light come I couldn't tell much of a difference.

I'm not going to lie, I almost bought a pair of NL Pure 12x last nite...it's really what I want to use and I very likely will have to get this out of my system. But once complete, it'll be 3x what I have in the Fury's...it's dumb, I know.

Signed -- a fan boy/cheerleader too wink

Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: SherpaPhil] #8951736 11/08/23 05:27 PM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Between the Vortex and the Revic I couldn’t see any difference at all glass wise.
I mean they look identical to each other except color so best I can see is their ballistic engine is the only difference.
I like both equally well with the plus on the Revic’s being they are quicker to get shooting data. The big negative is they should sell for 1500.00 or around that for what you are getting IMO.
Judd the 12x are very good but I actually sold mine and went back to a 15x for tripod use.
If I get another set of Swaro’s it will be the 10x32’s for the wide FOV.

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: DStroud] #8952381 11/09/23 08:32 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Judd the 12x are very good but I actually sold mine and went back to a 15x for tripod use.

The 12's are the only binos I've looked through that my reaction is WOW. I know I would hate the rangefinder being separate and it's the only reason I've not pulled the trigger on a pair.

Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: Judd] #8952577 11/10/23 02:11 AM
F
freerange Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F

The 12's are the only binos I've looked through that my reaction is WOW. I know I would hate the rangefinder being separate and it's the only reason I've not pulled the trigger on a pair.

Fight the urge, you can do it.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Best ballistic range finding binos [Re: freerange] #8952926 11/10/23 07:58 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by freerange

Fight the urge, you can do it.

I'm trying....they were $2850 and I was able to not jump so the odds are good...doubt I'll ever see a pair cheaper than that. haha

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide