Forums46
Topics538,053
Posts9,732,445
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: Buzzsaw] #7132942 04/05/18 02:21 AM
S
scottfromdallas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

All you tax dodgers need to download the form from Texas.gov and pay your Use Tax.

https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/sales/faq/use.php

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: patriot07] #7132944 04/05/18 02:23 AM
I
ImTheReasonDovesMourn Offline
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I
Originally Posted By: patriot07
Originally Posted By: glocker17
What Toxarch is saying is that Texas requires you to pay tax on it when you receive the item. Don't hate on the messenger, hate the message.
What I'm saying is that I disagree.

There is no tax due unless the item you are buying ships from Texas. Patriot is right.

Originally Posted by KRoyal
Haha yea I polished that thing for hours.
Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: Buzzsaw] #7132953 04/05/18 02:34 AM
S
scottfromdallas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
From the comptroller.texas.gov

Do I owe tax on goods purchased via mail-order catalogs or online?

Yes. A seller who uses catalogs or the internet to sell goods is treated the same as any other seller of taxable items. If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or online from a seller located in Texas, you owe Texas sales tax on the purchase. If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or online from a seller located outside of Texas and use the taxable item in Texas, you owe Texas use tax on the purchase. An out-of-state mail-order company or an internet company may hold a Texas Sales and Use tax permit and collect Texas tax. If the out-of-state seller does not have a Texas permit or does not collect Texas use tax, use tax is due and payable by the purchaser.

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: scottfromdallas] #7132961 04/05/18 02:42 AM
I
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I
Originally Posted By: scottfromdallas

Yes. A seller who uses catalogs or the internet to sell goods is treated the same as any other seller of taxable items. If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or online from a seller located in Texas, you owe Texas sales tax on the purchase. If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or online from a seller located outside of Texas and use the taxable item in Texas, you owe Texas use tax on the purchase. An out-of-state mail-order company or an internet company may hold a Texas Sales and Use tax permit and collect Texas tax. If the out-of-state seller does not have a Texas permit or does not collect Texas use tax, use tax is due and payable by the purchaser.

I realize you're really adamant about proving your point, but there has to be a definition of "use", and then proof that the buyer "used" the item by that definition. Not because scottfromthebureau posted a link.

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn] #7132965 04/05/18 02:49 AM
S
scottfromdallas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: ImTheReasonDovesMourn

I realize you're really adamant about proving your point, but there has to be a definition of "use", and then proof that the buyer "used" the item by that definition. Not because scottfromthebureau posted a link.

I will go away now. Bye cruel world. hanged

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: scottfromdallas] #7132976 04/05/18 02:59 AM
I
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I

See ya, scottfromthegynecologist. We'll miss you, boo.

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: scottfromdallas] #7132986 04/05/18 03:10 AM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P

Note to Texas comptroller:

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7133057 04/05/18 10:45 AM
B
booradley Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: aggiehunter03
You can buy it at Cabelas and walk out with it. Of course they will bend you over on price and by the time they call your number Buds will ship it.

And don’t accidentally check the wrong box on the computer either. I’ve heard ATF will arrest you on the spot for that. smile

In deference to not upsetting customers, ATF waits until you leave the store before arresting you.

Don’t roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: Buzzsaw] #7133058 04/05/18 10:46 AM
B
booradley Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Team Bud’s has been around since at least 2011 when I bought my first firearm from them.

Don’t roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: patriot07] #7133597 04/05/18 07:42 PM
T
Toxarch Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
All in all, I'm just glad to see we have an IRS team member on the forum. I bet you aren't a Ted Cruz fan?

You would be assuming wrong twice in one post.

Interesting to see a couple of Liberals in this forum who resort to insults and personal attacks on people whom they do not agree with despite proof being posted. It's not surprising because you all do that, just interesting to see you in this group. Glad to see you two joining the hunting forum.

It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: ImTheReasonDovesMourn] #7133599 04/05/18 07:44 PM
Payne Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Online Shocked
Cat Herder

Cut it out

[Linked Image]
Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: Toxarch] #7133612 04/05/18 07:52 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: Toxarch
All in all, I'm just glad to see we have an IRS team member on the forum. I bet you aren't a Ted Cruz fan?

You would be assuming wrong twice in one post.

Interesting to see a couple of Liberals in this forum who resort to insults and personal attacks on people whom they do not agree with despite proof being posted. It's not surprising because you all do that, just interesting to see you in this group. Glad to see you two joining the hunting forum.
I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but I was kidding. Sorry it didn't come across between the combination of memes and sarcastic posts.

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: Buzzsaw] #7133731 04/05/18 09:51 PM
Y
yotehater Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Y
"Do as Ah say, Not as Ah do."

Those expensive scopes and guns just got more expensive.

Pay up sucker.

One shot is all it should take.
Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: Payne] #7133758 04/05/18 10:29 PM
I
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I
Originally Posted By: Payne
[quote=scottfromdallas]From the comptroller.texas.gov

Yes. A seller who uses catalogs or the internet to sell goods is treated the same as any other seller of taxable items. If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or online from a seller located in Texas, you owe Texas sales tax on the purchase. If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or online from a seller located outside of Texas and use the taxable item in Texas, you owe Texas use tax on the purchase. An out-of-state mail-order company or an internet company may hold a Texas Sales and Use tax permit and collect Texas tax. If the out-of-state seller does not have a Texas permit or does not

Cut it out

I'm sure he knows I'm joking around.

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: Buzzsaw] #7133922 04/06/18 01:17 AM
S
scottfromdallas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I'm still in my safe space. I'll try to get the courage to start posting again tomorrow.

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: scottfromdallas] #7133989 04/06/18 02:13 AM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I'm still in my safe space. I'll try to get the courage to start posting again tomorrow.

Take your time.......No sense pushing it. laugh

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: scottfromdallas] #7134002 04/06/18 02:45 AM
I
Snarky Mark
Snarky Mark
I
I'm still in my safe space.

The trunk of your Prius?

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: Buzzsaw] #7134012 04/06/18 02:56 AM
S
scottfromdallas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Oh boy. Now I have to stay in longer. I'll be back Sunday.

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: aggiehunter03] #7134286 04/06/18 02:57 PM
D
David Maas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: aggiehunter03
You can buy it at Cabela's and walk out with it. Of course they will bend you over on price and by the time they call your number Buds will ship it.

I went last night to pick up a Benelli M2 that I bought thru their customer service because they matched Dunn's online price. I was there for over an hour just to pick up an gun that was paid for and ready for pick up. The parking lot had a couple dozen cars on the north side of the building, none across the "creek" to the east and maybe a 1/2 dozen to the south. Everything in the Bargain Cave was at full retail price of online sellers. I'd be surprised if they are open in a year. What I did look at was over priced. The service was sub-par as well, the guy helping me asked me for my drivers license no less than 4 times.

NRA Endowed Patriot Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: Buzzsaw] #7134300 04/06/18 03:59 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
The Cabelas guys in Allen are a surly bunch.

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: Choctaw] #7134321 04/06/18 04:20 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Choctaw

“Anyway, whacking a surly Cabela’s gun-counter man ain’t much of a crime.”

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: Buzzsaw] #7134338 04/06/18 04:48 PM
P
patriot07 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
I went to Cabela's in Allen a few weeks ago for the first time in forever and they were really nice, but I only went to the fishing/camping areas, not the guns.

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #7134351 04/06/18 04:59 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted By: Choctaw

“Anyway, whacking a surly Cabela’s gun-counter man ain’t much of a crime.”

clap

Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: Buzzsaw] #7134594 04/06/18 09:02 PM
C
colt45-90 Offline
Texas colt45
Texas colt45
C
we need some of you know it alls to go to work for cabelas, academy etc...

hold on Newt, we got a runaway
Re: Buds Guns, acting like everyone else now [Re: colt45-90] #7134600 04/06/18 09:07 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: colt45
we need some of you know it alls to go to work for cabelas, academy etc...

I have worked in law enforcement for over 30 years. In that time I have treated even some of the most vile criminals with courtesy and respect. Certainly more courtesy and respect than I have received at Cabelas in Allen. If a person is in a customer service position but lacks customer service skills, it's time to move on.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide