Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: cody2422] #1017836 11/05/09 11:55 PM
L
LonestarCobra Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
My B-I-L always talked about what a hunter he was but never once did I ever see any results. He asked to hunt my place and I finally caved in and said yes. The next day he asked to borrow a rifle and ammo. I thought about it and loaned him an old .243 with a fixed 4X weaver and set the crosshairs all the way down and left. I knew which way the deer came in and thought no way in h$ll will he kill one. He went hunting the next morning and missed 3 different deer and shot 8 times. My buddies and I were laughing until he came back that evening with a 134" ten point. Some how some way he hit it in the top of the neck. That was a prank that backfired.

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: LonestarCobra] #1017860 11/06/09 12:07 AM
T
TTUman Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Myself and a few other guys went out dove hunting one afternoon. Two of the guys we hunted with had gotten there early and were already out in the field. As we left the truck and started to head out we came across a bull snake. I caught the snake and put it in one of the guys gun cases. When the hunt was over he went to put his shotgun in the case and feel over when he saw the snake in his case. Needless to say he wasnt to happy.

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: TTUman] #1017905 11/06/09 12:28 AM
M
maichip Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
A hunting buddy of mine has been going through a difficult time the last couple of years, divorce issues and all.

I had him out on my ranch in East TX a couple of weeks ago and he told me a story about how he was hunting near Carrizo Springs about 20 years ago. He was hunting alone about 20 miles from the nearest house. He said there was a telephone line going across the intersection of the sendero he was hunting. He went on to describe how the telephone line had those old type glass cups at the top. He said that he could actually hear women talking through the telephone lines. He said couldn’t figure out where the voices were coming from for a good while. Since there was nothing else around he figured it was the telephone lines. Well I told him that I am quite sure he’s hearing voices but they aren’t coming from the telephone lines. It’s definitely the demons in his head.

Anyhow, this gave me a great idea. I actually bought a straight jacket off of EBay, had it embroidered with Rust St. Mental Hospital across the front. I got his brother who also hunts with us on board. We are going to have a good old fashioned intervention this weekend at hunting camp. We will all put some water on our faces; pull out yellow sheets of paper like we took the time to write down how much we care about him and all. Then I will explain how I arranged for help. Real medical help for the voices he has been hearing in his head. Once he is good and ripe I will give him the straight jacket and explain to him that the only way the hospital will take him is if he has his new jacket on. The jacket will be for his safety and their of course.

With the exception of his brother, I don’t think anyone else will get into it much as he is apt to start shooting when he sees his new jacket. I hope to be back on here in a week or so with an update. If not, well I guess his aim was on.

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: maichip] #1018103 11/06/09 01:57 AM
M
mudd Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
Im not hunting with yall!! The one bout 10pt is funny though. We got a girl at deer camp that hates clowns. Well its gonna be interesting!!

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: cody2422] #1018529 11/06/09 04:21 AM
D
darrack Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
this one is not so funny, i was elk hunting in new mexico unit 36 last week and one of my buddies works for the fire dept up there. he said a guy wnted to scare his buddy in the woods and kept telling him about all the bear, apparently he went on and on about how many there is up there. well when the time came the guy had to piss so he went out to do his thing and his buddy snuck out behind him. in mid stream this guy starts growling and before he knew it his buddy ripped around and fired a shot in the direction of the noise. hit him right in the chest. only good news is he didnt die.

GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE
Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: darrack] #1018723 11/06/09 05:37 AM
S
Scoop Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Had two guys who were best friends bring their young son's out to the ranch a couple of years back. Before they got there, I set up their bunk, and was even nice enough to make their beds. Wrapped up in the folds of the sheet under the top bunk I tucked one of those remote control fart machines. I kept the remote down by my bed at the other end of the cabin. That night when it got dark and quiet I started hitting that button. Sqeakers, blaaats, machine guns, and a wide variety of other random fart noises came out of that hidden unit. I managed to carry it on for almost 30 minutes till they finally heard me laughing through my pillow. All 4 got blamed at some point, the dads accused the boys of making the noises with their mouths. One dad kept saying "Let me see your mouth". The father/son on the top bunk blamed the bottom pair, and vice-versa. Just when it would get quiet again I'd hit that button again. Dads were scolding their sons saying they might wake me up. Cheap humor, but I still grin like a fool when I think about it, and both those dads wanted to know where to get one of those machines so they could mess with their wives.

Now that I think about it, I have a few potential victims joining me out there this weekend....

Last edited by Scoop; 11/06/09 05:42 AM.
Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: iluv2hunt] #1018877 11/06/09 11:08 AM
C
Critter Swat Team Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
C
I picked up a dead sandbass on the shore where I was hunting. I put it in the springs of my huntin buddy's front seat before he got back to camp. He tried to find the source of the smell for days until it was unbearable. His little dog finally led him to it. He still don't know I did it so don't tell.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction.
Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: Critter Swat Team] #1019039 11/06/09 02:10 PM
R
Run N Shoot Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
The people in the office probably think I am going crazy since I have been in here LOL for the last 15 minutes!! Nice work.

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: Run N Shoot] #1019145 11/06/09 03:00 PM
C
craige Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Man there are some funny ones, and then there are some sure STUPID ones. Good grief!! We wonder why so many get shot and killed. I promise there are a few on here, that sure got lucky.

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: craige] #1019255 11/06/09 03:56 PM
H
hornet527 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
went fishing on the pecos one time and one of the old dudes had his own trot line. we had taken a flounder with us to cook. we too kthe flounder and put it on his line during the night. the next day he was very perplexed about the"thing" he had caught. to this day he still thinks he caught a creature out of the pecos

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: hornet527] #1019263 11/06/09 04:01 PM
H
hornet527 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
was gassing a den of rattlesnakes one time and my brother was in front of the den pushing the tubing in the hole. i was off to one side where he could only see me from the waist up. the tubing missed the hole going deeper into the den and came out close to me. I reached down real slow and yanked like a mother on the tubing. my brother thought something in the den had taken it away from him. he almost peeed himself

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: craige] #1019271 11/06/09 04:09 PM
J
Justin T Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: craige
Man there are some funny ones, and then there are some sure STUPID ones. Good grief!! We wonder why so many get shot and killed. I promise there are a few on here, that sure got lucky.

I agree with that. A lot of these jokes are funny, but there is nothing funny about turning a guy lose to shoot deer when you've messed up his scope. Its a real good way to wound deer, and pretty irresponsible. Jokes revolving around tampering with guns might be funny at the time, but it won't be funny when someone gets hurt or killed. I certainly wouldn't be running through the woods dressed like bigfoot when people have their deer rifles with them either.

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: Justin T] #1019399 11/06/09 05:20 PM
T
taco bender Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Some great funny stories. but i think these should be done at camp and not in the field. b/c im suprised that "indian" story turned out the way it did. b/c if that kid was a good shot, you'd be a more R.I.P story than a prank.

"Today is about playing like WE play! This day is about DOMINATING an opponent! This day is about being LSU, and taking a team by the throat, and choking the life out of them!" - Les Miles
Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: taco bender] #1019414 11/06/09 05:26 PM
J
Justin T Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
We've put a toilet in a guys stand.

Put a box turtle in a guys stand, but he never showed up.

Put out an old mount. The guy claimed to never see it. Don't know if I buy it.

One of the best things that I have been gotten on was some of the guys caught this piglet. They literally chased it down and caught it. They put it in the bed of the truck. At this point, the hog is scared and PISSED OFF. I drive up to help them work on their stand. They ask me to bring them a hammer out of the bed of their truck. I'm reaching in, unsuspecting, and damn near chit my pants cause this piglet it about to bite my hand off. Probably the only time that I've been gotten good.

Some things my dad and uncles have done:

Put a metal chair on a fire, just as it stopped glowing, one of their buddies came and sat down on it. Not the smartest thing ever, but was probably funny.

They put mice in one of my uncles breakfast tacos they made up for him.

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: Justin T] #1019522 11/06/09 06:11 PM
C
craige Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C

[/quote]

sick eek2 duel

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: Justin T] #1019556 11/06/09 06:31 PM
E
Eland Slayer Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted By: Justin T

I would have beaten the tar out of someone if they did that!! Sorry, but that's just plain gross and unhealthy.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram
Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: craige] #1019579 11/06/09 06:49 PM
E
eedsmx691 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
Went to the lease about a month ago with a friend and his son who is 13. After filling the feeders we decided to hunt some dove. My friends son was shooting a 20 gauge and wanted to shoot my 12. So I loaded it up with some 3 1/2"s that I had in my bag (without him seeing the shells) and told him it would kick a little harder than the 20 he was shooting. Well, some dove flew over and he jumps up, shoulders the gun and flies about 3 feet backwards and lands on his butt. His dad and I laughed for the rest of the weekend and he had a pretty good bruise come up by the end of the trip. He swears he will never shoot another one of my guns unless he gets to load it.

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: Eland Slayer] #1019597 11/06/09 07:03 PM
J
Justin T Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: Eland Slayer
Originally Posted By: Justin T

I would have beaten the tar out of someone if they did that!! Sorry, but that's just plain gross and unhealthy.

He didn't eat it. He apparently saw the head just has he was taking his second bite. They didn't chop it up or anything. Still pretty nasty. I'd be pissed. LOL.

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: Justin T] #1019625 11/06/09 07:16 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
We redirected the christmas lights that lead to the outhouse on a dark and foggy night... to the edge of a creek...

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #1019662 11/06/09 07:32 PM
C
cody Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I pulled one on a fella that has apparently rejoined the forum after several years of not being able to remember his password...

The gentleman in question is deathly afraid of spiders...no matter how small. "That sumb!tch was huge! He was so big he was wearin' work boots....eight of'm!" I've heard him say on several occasions. I'd always heard this about him but had never experienced his terror first hand. We were dove hunting around a tank one day and as we wrapped up I walked back down to get the pickup. As I made my way down the road I came across a tarantula. I couldn't resist. I grabbed an empty whataburger cup and scooped him up and put the lid on it. I tossed the cup in the back of the pickup next to the water can. My plan was to ask him to pass me a cup of water as I was cleaning birds. Well, as I pulled up I had a change of heart but still had to have some fun with it. I stepped out and grabbed the cup walking towards him. "I want you to know how good a friend I am." Says I. "I'd thought about getting you good but I've changed my mind." By this time he's wide eyed and extremely leary of what I'm doing. I take the lid off the cup and dump it out about 3 feet from him. Dude loses his mind! Starts pumping shells back into his shotgun as the spider heads under the truck. We're all jumping and screaming DON'T SHOOT THE TRUCK! DON'T SHOOT THE TRUCK! (it's his brand new Z71, just picked it up the day before). I kick the spider out a way from the truck and dirt erupts all around us BOOM, BOOM, BOOM click, click, click, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM. He reloads and hammers away twice. The spiders last seen route was towards a brush pile where his asailants chair still sat from the dove hunt. I say, "Man, grab your chair and let's get outta there." He says, "to hell with that chair, I ain't sure that sumb!tch is dead!"

The whole way home he's got the creepy crawlies...I just couldn't resist, I reach over from the back seat and run my hand up his arm and he litterally starts reaching for the door handle at 70 mph from the drivers seat! good times...

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: cody] #1020069 11/06/09 11:45 PM
Txkiller Offline
the terminator
the terminator
I dont play around in the field cool

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: Txkiller] #1020246 11/07/09 02:38 AM
M
mrbigtexan Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
one time we were out hunting and one of my buddys takes a nap right after lunch. he is in his camper but has the windows open right by his head. after he gets good and asleep my other buddy blows a crow call in the window by his head. you shoulda seen the camper move as he jumped. that was funny

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: mrbigtexan] #1020962 11/07/09 09:58 PM
P
PaulWall725 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Used to hunt with a guy that would go WAY overboard on the whiskey/beer every night before a hunt. He'd pass out by 10 and snore through the night keeping everyone awake. He built a 10 ft. tower blind on the lease, with 2x4 planks of wood as a ladder. So every night he would pass out, I'd go and raise the bottom rung of his ladder just a bit each time. He thought he was too hungover to climb into his blind, and never knew about the prank until the end of the season when he had to get a running start to reach the bottom rung...it was great!!!

Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: PaulWall725] #1025591 11/10/09 03:09 AM
H
HLo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
My brother ran some fishing line on the ceiling of our camp house to a screw that held a plastic spider. We always would put the new guy in the bed below the spider. My brother would be in the next room lowering and raising the plastic spid onto our guest of honor to make them feel at home.

Put a 10" lizard on a friends chest while he was waking up. He jumped to the sky when he woke up.

A friend finally got my brother back and rattled a rattle snakes tail that we killed earlier in the day while my brother was fixing a pipe under the house! He came out of there so fast! What goes around comes around.

HLo
Re: Pranks Pulled WHile Hunting [Re: cody2422] #1025877 11/10/09 04:41 AM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I remember several years back when an article about hunting pranks appeared in the TPWD Outdoor Annual.

The prank I remember most was the one where some guys put black felt over the windows of another hunter's box stand on Opening Day. It seems the guy was bad about getting in his stand and going to sleep until the daylight woke him. He reportedly didn't wake up until well into the morning, having all but missed the season opener.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide