Forums46
Topics543,691
Posts9,801,810
Members87,498
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: LeaseHunter] #927897 09/26/09 04:19 AM
B
barehntr Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
I contacted Jeff Whitaker at the Kimble County jail. Anyone who has sent Needham money for a hunt or lease should contact Mr. Whitaker at this email address ONLY-
jeff.whitaker@co.kimble.tx.us
I sent Needham $2400 for a hunt in December.

Last edited by barehntr; 09/26/09 04:20 AM.
Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: JeremyKS] #927980 09/26/09 05:53 AM
W
West Fork Armory Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: JeremyKS
I know nothing of the outfitter but I find it strange that so many 1st time posters posting on this thread??
I also find that strange

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: West Fork Armory] #927985 09/26/09 06:09 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I agree. What did y'all base these hunts on? Internet ad? Mag ad? What references were used and marketing materials did he provide?

If these are all true then this guy is up for wire/mail fraud. The Fed Trade Commission should be contacted as well. https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: Txduckman] #928195 09/26/09 03:43 PM
D
deer hntr Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
We found Needhams listing on www.leasehunter.com, which you have to pay for membership to see the listings. We have spoke to the owner and he is planning on filing charges as well. And I think majority of people will tell you that they had spoken to Needham and besides his listing, sounded like a legitimate person.

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: deer hntr] #928769 09/27/09 12:43 AM
D
dfk Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Originally Posted By: JeremyKSI know nothing of the outfitter but I find it strange that so many 1st time posters posting on this thread??I also find that strange
OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM VETERAN

I kinda understood this post being canned because it was hearsay when this started. Leasehunter, it might have been nice if you had said that the scam occurred on your website.

But now to question the validity because there are 1st time posters talking about being scammed???? Having a hard time understanding that logic. Why is there a resistance to informing folks that are just trying to find a place to hunt?? These folks lost money and maybe lost a chance to hunt. But let's not tell everyone else. For me, at least I got a link to a website that has reviews on different places.

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: LeaseHunter] #928857 09/27/09 02:05 AM
O
oldman Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
O
i also was scamed i booked i hunt for november for 2 whitetails and two axis bucks i now can no longer get a hold of this man i did talk to him early on and had several emails with him he said his wife had been in the hospital and he had been tied up with her. now nothing guess i am out my 1500.00

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: dfk] #928990 09/27/09 03:28 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I agree about the 1st time posters and understand why this is their first post. It is what it is, they have been robbed. I have 20+ friends that hunt and not single one of them ever posts a single thing on here but they sure know when I post a pic of them or something about them. I can guarantee you they will post if they feel they have been scammed as these people have. We have 15,000+ registered users and maybe 2% or 3% actually post on here on a regular basis.

Anyone up for a www.wildhoghunt.com I just won for free?? grin

But it does disturb me people book hunts from a lease listing outfitter with no website and no references. But it can happen to anyone who books a day or package hunt that doesn't have references b/c they are just starting out and have good land. But with the amount of land he had....

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: Txduckman] #929526 09/27/09 06:02 PM
D
deer hntr Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
He did have a website, it is now gone. None of us just went on writing and talking to him, there was an actual website with pictures of what we thought was the place and animals that had been hunted on there.
He was pretty slick

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: deer hntr] #929732 09/27/09 08:36 PM
R
rtp Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
R
Any of you guys that got ripped off run a background check on this guy? It sounds exactly like how this guy named Steve Sturrock operated back in the mid 90's. I just wonder if he changed his name and was back doing what he does. His wife was in on it as well. He ripped of a lot of people back then including my group.

Let'em grow old
Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: rtp] #929913 09/27/09 10:34 PM
P
PAhunter Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
P
I also lost out with M Needham, ($2200) one thing I always do is take out sportsmen’s insurance, which I did, so I will only lose the amount I paid for the insurance. I talked to the sheriff office and they told me that there will be no hunts with Michael Needham, that he started out legitimate but he is no longer, guess greed did him in, again he has not broken the law with the hunts till the hunts are due so it’s not too late to take out insurance for those who paid with check or cash. When you spend a lot of money for a hunt its best to protect your investment with sportsmen insurance. I always use Gracy Travel for my Sportsmen insurance needs.
http://www.gracytravel.com/index.htm

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: LeaseHunter] #931225 09/28/09 05:38 PM
D
DH47 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
I too have booked a hunt for 2 in Nov. 2009 and can not get in touch with this man. I will call the sheriff's department listed below to report and get on the list. I have had a gut feeling all along that this was to good to be true. I only sent in half of the money and was paying the other half on arrival. I will monitor postings for updates.

I found the orginal posting on ebay. them googled and found on http://www.junctiontexas.net/hunting.htm
So,I assumed if it was advertised thru the city web site, it was on the up and up.

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: PAhunter] #931994 09/29/09 12:47 AM
F
fulldrawfanatic Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
F
I hunted with Needham in August after being postponed from an earlier hunt because the rancher's wife died the night before we were to arrive (in Rocksprings) When we arrived at the ranch 2 weeks later, guess who we met? The "dead" rancher's wife... We were supposed to be staying in a fully-furnished ranch house and ended up in a storage shed without AC or bedding or supplies. Now the rest of our party, who were supposed to hunt last weekend, can't reach Needham. His phone is disconnected and his website is down. My hunt was dissapointing, but I did kill a nice Axis buck and doe. The others got scammed with no way to recover their deposit. Buyer Beware!

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: fulldrawfanatic] #932031 09/29/09 01:11 AM
G
Gus McRae Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
This thread is one of the many great things about the Internet! It makes it harder and harder for thieves like this guy to hide!

I understand the moderators' concerns about libel, but blogs and internet boards are sometimes people's only means to communicate with each other, especially when they don't really know each other.

Good job on getting to the bottom of this, guys!

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: Txduckman] #932327 09/29/09 03:29 AM
D
dolphingirl Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
Originally Posted By: Txduckman
I agree about the 1st time posters and understand why this is their first post. It is what it is, they have been robbed. I have 20+ friends that hunt and not single one of them ever posts a single thing on here but they sure know when I post a pic of them or something about them. I can guarantee you they will post if they feel they have been scammed as these people have. We have 15,000+ registered users and maybe 2% or 3% actually post on here on a regular basis.

Anyone up for a www.wildhoghunt.com I just won for free?? grin

But it does disturb me people book hunts from a lease listing outfitter with no website and no references. But it can happen to anyone who books a day or package hunt that doesn't have references b/c they are just starting out and have good land. But with the amount of land he had....

But he did have a website and he did send me some listed references that I never got around to calling. But then again I never sent him my money. I bet we talked back and forth on about 12-15 emails and on the phone and he sounded legit, he is one good scam artist! He had me believing him and I was excited about the hunt. But now I am glad that I googled his name and found out what a punk he really is!

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: West Fork Armory] #936439 10/01/09 12:40 AM
D
DavidT Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
Originally Posted By: WestForkGuideService
Originally Posted By: JeremyKS
I know nothing of the outfitter but I find it strange that so many 1st time posters posting on this thread??
I also find that strange

It's not that hard to figure out boys and girls! They got this new invention out now. It's called "GOOGLE"

He got my money too. We are a group of nine, we were supposed to come out in December.

"BE CAREFUL WHO YOU STEP ON WHILE YOU'RE TRYING TO CLAW YOUR WAY TO THE TOP, YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU MIGHT MEET ON THE BACK DOWN"
Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: DavidT] #936576 10/01/09 01:54 AM
R
rsquared Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
R
i am betting a lot of folks are posting here because THF threads come up when you google search Jeff Needham outfitter.

this is kind of like when Monica Lewinsky was googled by Clinton and all his former mistresses came to light

cheers

Stuff my dad said in the deer blind

"I can dive deeper and come up drier"
"did you do that?"
Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: rsquared] #938395 10/01/09 11:01 PM
D
DavidT Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
Originally Posted By: rsquared
i am betting a lot of folks are posting here because THF threads come up when you google search Jeff Needham outfitter.

this is kind of like when Monica Lewinsky was googled by Clinton and all his former mistresses came to light

cheers

That "GOOGLE" will do it every time! rofl
Seriously guys, this thread came up like number one when I googled that low life. we have looked forward to coming out there for this hunt for several months. And now we are probably out that money. A couple of us thought it might be nice if we could come over and talk the jailers into letting us have a talk with mr. needham out behind the jail, and let's see if we couldn't get that ol boy saved! stir

"BE CAREFUL WHO YOU STEP ON WHILE YOU'RE TRYING TO CLAW YOUR WAY TO THE TOP, YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU MIGHT MEET ON THE BACK DOWN"
Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: DavidT] #938584 10/02/09 01:00 AM
R
rsquared Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
R
maybe you guys need to start sending that money my way to book your hunts... my place actually exists smile

i hope you guys that got scammed have a better outcome in this and that it does not sour you from hunting in our part of the state or from hunting in general.

one bad apple should not spoil the crop.

Stuff my dad said in the deer blind

"I can dive deeper and come up drier"
"did you do that?"
Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: rsquared] #938761 10/02/09 02:12 AM
D
DavidT Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
we aren't thinking that everyone is like that. my friend that got us hooked up with needham is an experienced out of state hunter. it would have the first time for some of our group, including myself. we're not discouraged at this point, just kind of ticked off! We may regroup and try to book a hunt with an outfit that exists. at least we hadn't paid all of the money. he got the nine of us for $500 each.
there's no telling how many people he did this too.

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: DavidT] #938800 10/02/09 02:24 AM
T
TreeBass Offline
Old Weller
Old Weller
T
welcome Alot of new folks posting lately. Sorry to hear the reason is you were scammed.

We hope you stick around and check out our outfitters and guides, they may be able to help you out up

We have alot of great folks here

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others...

Like the THF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texashuntingforum
Grizzly Coolers
Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: LeaseHunter] #938876 10/02/09 02:54 AM
Tbar Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:
9/4-1. Deputy Brown and
Trooper Moorman arrested
Michael Needham, 48, of
Junction for outstanding county
warrant and possession of a
firearm by felon.

Can a felon.......oh never mind.

Tbar

Make America Great Again

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: Tbar] #949916 10/08/09 03:02 AM
D
DavidT Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
Anybody heard anything lately about this low life? We have started our process of filing charges againt him, but I'm sure we'll probably never see our money again. I just hope they burn his @&&!

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: DavidT] #951411 10/08/09 09:11 PM
B
barehntr Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
Just an FYI- If you bought a hunt with Needham on Ebay and paid with Paypal, you may have no protection or chance to get your funds back from Paypal. I filed a fraud claim with Paypal and they originally refused my claim, as their policy dictates that you have 45 days to file a claim after a purchase. Of course, I explained that although I bought this hunt in May, this was a hunt to be utilized in Dec. I also explained that it was just recently discovered that Needham is a fraud and crook who stole alot of peoples money. Paypal agreed to re-open my claim. I will post more comments as my claim goes through this lenghty process.

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: barehntr] #951889 10/09/09 12:46 AM
P
PAhunter Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
P
Update with me, eBay has done nothing, PayPal would not do anything because of the 45 day limit and told me to go to my credit card company, AGI Sportsman’s Insurance would not pay because the policy does not cover someone sitting in jail, but I said he is defaulting and they said no its not default, so it was up to my credit card company to get my money back, and they call a few days ago and told me that they are refunding all my money, I had to call him (Needham) to cancel the hunt but his voice mail said he was not taking calls (I wonder why), so I emailed him and told him I was canceling the hunt and wanted a full refund, and of course he did not answer my email, but the credit card company used that to give me my refund, so all I will lose out is the plane ticket to Texas. Do a search on the internet and you will find out why he is sitting in jail you will be surprise and I’m glad I’m not hunting with him.

Re: Outfitter Scam - Rockin N Hunting / Michael Needham [Re: PAhunter] #952852 10/09/09 02:03 PM
D
DavidT Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
another problem that you will find with ebay and paypal, is that they are anti-gun. anything that involves guns will be sure to move at a snails pace. paypal has been know to freeze transaction that involve anything at all that to do with them.
Needham is in the Kimball county jail. As of last wednesday, (the 30th), over 50 people had filed charges at that time.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide